The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Games > Anime-Style Battling

Notices

Old 03-12-2015, 09:52 PM
I really loved that farm.

Pronoun: He
Eta Carinae is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Challenge Board

Taking Munchkin vs. Aletheia, cereal version.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:16 PM
but is a sheep entering.

Meowth is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathos View Post
Though I still have one battle awaiting a ref... gonna open this up to fill up my last slot.

Format: 3 vs 3 singles
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO's, direct recovery, attract
Arena Description:
Outside the Battle Arena

The battle takes place right outside the Battle Frontier’s Battle Arena facility, out in the open air. The immediate area is covered in nicely manicured grass and a few flowers. The Arena building itself is surrounded on three sides by water and a small pond sits on the other side of the battlers, so water moves can be used and Water-types that need to swim can do so. The battlers cannot move away from the immediate area, so heading towards the plaza or another facility is forbidden. Maps of the general area can be found on this page.

Since this match is happening so close to the Arena, it seems such a shame not to follow Greta’s rules… or, at least, a variation on them. As such, both battlers will send out their Pokémon and attack for three battle rounds (a total of 9 attacks per Pokémon) before the ref calls a halt. After the three rounds both Pokémon are recalled and unable to continue in the current battle, and their current health, energy and status are noted for later. Both trainers will then send out their next Pokémon and continue for the next three rounds. At the end (which should be nine total rounds), the health and energy of all Pokémon is totaled and whichever trainer has the highest score wins.

The following rules also apply:

-If a Pokémon has fainted, either due to HP loss OR energy loss, the battle stops right where it is (even if it has not yet been three rounds) and both Pokémon are recalled. Fainted Pokémon DO still count toward the final score, but as either their health or their energy is at 0% they won’t add anywhere near as much.

-If, at the end of the three rounds, a battler is afflicted with a status condition, that condition detracts from their final score as follows:

Paralyzed, Burned, Confused: -10 points
Poisoned, Attracted: -15 points
Asleep, Frozen: -20 points
If the Pokémon has more than one status condition, only the first one they were afflicted with detracts full points; all others afterwards only detract five, no matter what they are.

As an example of how scoring works: Trainer A sends out a Treecko and Trainer B sends out a Turtwig. Treecko and Turtwig battle for three rounds; Treecko finishes with 64% HP and 72% energy and Turtwig finishes with 71% HP and 59% energy. Treecko has also been poisoned by Toxic. Both Pokémon stop battling and so their scores would look like this: Turtwig (71H + 59E = 130), Treecko (64H + 72E – 15 [poison] = 121). Therefore, Trainer B (Turtwig’s trainer) would have the lead with 130 points over 121.

As far as TCoDASB battles are concerned, experience is determined like this: all Pokémon get the usual 1 experience point for being sent into battle, and if one Pokémon actually knocks another out it will get the 1 experience point as normal. If neither Pokémon faints at the end of three rounds, the one with the lower score (Treecko in the above example) is considered knocked out for the purposes of experience, so Turtwig would get the extra 1 exp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctowl View Post
May I take this?
May I ref this?
Old 03-13-2015, 12:09 AM
Butterfree

Pronoun: any
.... is an unknown quantity at this point

For Sangfroidish (who was too lazy to post this, good job)

Format: 2 v 2 single
DQ: 14 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs
Arena Description: Bear City
It's just a forest. There's the occasional bear walking around, but they don't care if you hit them with attacks. But other than that, there is nothing interesting going on.
Additional Rules: -
Old 03-13-2015, 12:12 AM
but is a sheep entering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawile View Post
For Sangfroidish (who was too lazy to post this, good job)

Format: 2 v 2 single
DQ: 14 days
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs
Arena Description: Bear City
It's just a forest. There's the occasional bear walking around, but they don't care if you hit them with attacks. But other than that, there is nothing interesting going on.
Additional Rules: -
I'm too lazy to accept

You're on
Old 03-14-2015, 02:33 AM
the user formerly known as lilycolo

Pronoun: she
Rosegold is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilycolo View Post
Yo, TrueToCheese, you're up.

Format:4vs4 Double
Style:Switch
DQ:10 days
Damage Cap:50% because wynaut
Banned/Restricted Moves:OHKO and Direct Healing
Arena Description: A giant slice of swiss chees in the Mystery Zone.

I like giant everyday things arenas okay (see:giant litter box battle)

Welp, you did it now. You were trying to tweak in DP, since you didn't get the event Shaymin and Darkrai, and you accidentally saved in the Mystery Zone. Also, to punish you, or for comedic effect, either way, Arceus sent us to land on a piece of swiss cheese, an arena befitting the One True Cheesy Man himself.

Each action, there is a 20% chance your Pokemon will fall in a swiss cheese hole; it will attack last that action, since it has to wriggle out of the hole. If a move creates a hole underneath it and the Pokemon has already acted that action, it gets out as normal for the next action. If more than one falls into a hole, speed takes priority. There is no water for Surf, and if you Dig you risk losing your Pokemon to the mystery zone completly; Pokemon Abuse laws will prevent you from trying to Dig. I suppose you could make balls of cheese for Stone Edge, but if you remove cheese from the slice (as in for stone edge type attacks, or burning it with a Fire type move or something like that) any close Pokemon then have a 60% chance of falling into that hole. You can't fall off the slice, Invisible Walls prevent you from doing so.

Edit, per proposal:

At any time you may command your pokemon to disguise themselves in cheese. They take cheese and cover themselves in it. This creates a new hole near them. They become Cheese type and all their moves become Cheese type. Cheese type is as follows:

Type Chart: Normal, Fire, Water, Bug, Steel 2x effective against cheese
Electric, Fighting 1/2x effective against cheese
Poison, Psychic, Ghost 0x effective against cheese
Cheese 2x effective against Normal, Fairy, Psychic
1/2x effective against Fire
0x Effective against Rock, Steel

This increases their Evasion by 2 stages, because all that cheese, but lowers their Accuracy by one, because all that cheese is also in their eyes. This takes an entire action. This lasts about, oh, say 5 actions? This part's adjustable.
This is... kind of a mess. How about I take it down for the time being, polish it up, and I'll repost it later.

Voiding this challenge.

Old 03-14-2015, 02:36 AM
Be Bold (+Def, -Atk)

TruetoCheese is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
This is... kind of a mess. How about I take it down for the time being, polish it up, and I'll repost it later.

Voiding this challenge.
Alright, I think that's okay enough. It's been up a while and I think I've lost interest in a cheese style battle at this point. To be honest I kind of forgot I had this open. That and it's a double, and doubles aren't all that fun for me, so maybe fix that bit when you repost it? :P
Old 03-14-2015, 04:43 AM
Banned

blazheirio889 is an unknown quantity at this point

Since Arylett is taking a break from ASB, I'm setting up another ref test battle for TrueToCheese. I'll still be the mentor, so we just need another battler to get this going.

2vs2 Single
Style: Switch
DQ: One week
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of Pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary Pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their Pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental Pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for the mentoring referee.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:46 AM
the user formerly known as lilycolo

Rosegold is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazheirio889 View Post
Since Arylett is taking a break from ASB, I'm setting up another ref test battle for TrueToCheese. I'll still be the mentor, so we just need another battler to get this going.

2vs2 Single
Style: Switch
DQ: One week
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of Pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary Pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their Pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental Pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for the mentoring referee.
Finally, caught it! CONDITIONALS OF DOOM, I tell you, CONDITIONALS OF DOOM.

Old 03-14-2015, 04:52 AM
Be Bold (+Def, -Atk)

Quote:
Finally, caught it! CONDITIONALS OF DOOM, I tell you, CONDITIONALS OF DOOM.
Holy hell that was fast...

Battle up
Old 03-14-2015, 06:01 PM
oh man, good times.

Eifie is on a distinguished road

Yooo, I feel bad about neglecting some of my Pokémon. :c Anyone up for something simple-ish and quick?

Format: 1vs1 single
Style: super-cool
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 49%
Banned/Restricted Moves: Direct healing, Attract, Chill, Super Fang. Cute Charm and anything else that might cause infatuation have no effect. Moves that cause sleep as their primary effect are banned, and moves that cause sleep as a secondary effect have that secondary effect removed.

Arena Description: Tart Top! There's like a huge cute circular cream thing in the center with a cherry on top. If a Pokémon gets a lot of cream stuff on itself its speed is lowered by 2 stages until it gets the stuff off I guess. Why not. Stuff needed for moves like Surf and whatever magically appears for the purpose of the move and then disappears after.

Additional Rules: Music Dragon will be using Doctor Proctor the Exeggcute and I will be using Mimsy the Sentret, so we can skip sendouts.

Additional additional rules: please don't be like a gazillion times better than me :c

Last edited by Eifie; 03-14-2015 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:08 PM
Doosic Maggon

Music Dragon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eifie View Post
Yooo, I feel bad about neglecting some of my Pokémon. :c Anyone up for something simple-ish and quick?

Banned/Restricted Moves: Direct healing, Attract, Chill. Cute Charm and anything else that might cause infatuation have no effect. Moves that cause sleep as their primary effect are banned, and moves that cause sleep as a secondary effect have that secondary effect removed.

Arena Description: Tart Top! There's like a huge cute circular cream thing in the center with a cherry on top. If a Pokémon gets a lot of cream stuff on itself its speed is lowered by 2 stages until it gets the stuff off I guess. Why not. Stuff needed for moves like Surf and whatever magically appears for the purpose of the move and then disappears after.

Additional Rules: Single-stage Pokémon are banned. Pokémon that are already evolved temporarily devolve to their base form for the battle. All Pokémon have 0 exp for the purposes of damage calculation. Both battlers will choose their sendouts and send them to the ref by PM (and also choose their held items at this time, because I don't have enough items to equip my entire party and my opponent could probably guess who I'm going to use just by looking...)

Additional additional rules: please don't be like a gazillion times better than me :c
Hi! Do you mind battling me?
Old 03-14-2015, 06:12 PM
oh man, good times.

Eifie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Dragon View Post
Hi! Do you mind battling me?
Ooh, sure, sounds fun! Also, I realized I totally forgot to ban Super Fang — I assume that won't be a problem, but are you okay with me adding it to the banned moves list?

"idk, I'm bad at puns" -Keldeo, inexorable pundit of puns and wordplay
Old 03-14-2015, 06:13 PM
Doosic Maggon

Music Dragon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ooh, sure, sounds fun! Also, I realized I totally forgot to ban Super Fang — I assume that won't be a problem, but are you okay with me adding it to the banned moves list?
Sure! As long as you keep all the hilarious moves, we're good.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:58 PM
I am the man who arranges the blocks.

Pronoun: they/her/hers
Meursault is an unknown quantity at this point

Format: 1 v 1 single
Style: Set??
DQ: 2 weeks
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned moves: Direct healing, chill, rest, any draining moves that would restore more than they cost (this does not count leech seed), super fang, attract, confusion (attract and confusion as secondary effects are removed).
Arena: Curious Ruin
Deep underground lies a most curious ruin. The central chamber, where the battle will be held, is square in shape with rounded corners, and extends up into a domed ceiling. The walls are made of yellow stone, extend 5 meters from floor to the base of the dome, and are adorned with beautiful mosaics of lapis lazuli and pearls. The chamber is flooded with seawater about 1 meter deep. Platforms of solid yellow stone rise about 2 meters above the floor and connect to the walls, with stairs going down to the floor away from its wall. Each wall bears an ornate door on its platform, but they are well and truly sealed off to all comers. One thick pillar rises from the center of the chamber up to the top of the dome, with a spiral staircase wrapping around it that stops suddenly when it reaches the base of the dome, leading to nowhere. Was it unfinished...? How did we get in here? How will we get out?

There is something definitely weird, definitely curious about this ruin. We should battle to find out. All weather will apply here except for sun. Pokémon's health and energy will be merged into a single Power stat, which begins at 150%. Anything that deducts or restores health or energy will instead deduct or restore power.
Additional Rules: Knuddeluff will be using his Tentacool, and I'll be using my Ralts.

Last edited by Meursault; 03-15-2015 at 06:07 PM. Reason: specified who's using what, and made the water deeper!
Old 03-14-2015, 07:21 PM
Cat Foetus Jesus

Pronoun: he
Knuddeluff is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Knuddeluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meursault View Post
Format: 1 v 1 single
Style: Set??
DQ: 2 weeks
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned moves: Direct healing, chill, rest, any draining moves that would restore more than they cost (this does not count leech seed), super fang, attract, confusion (attract and confusion as secondary effects are removed).
Arena: Curious Ruin
Deep underground lies a most curious ruin. The central chamber, where the battle will be held, is square in shape with rounded corners, and extends up into a domed ceiling. The walls are made of yellow stone, extend 5 meters from floor to the base of the dome, and are adorned with beautiful mosaics of lapis lazuli and pearls. The chamber is flooded with seawater about 2 centimeters deep. Platforms of solid yellow stone rise about 2 meters above the floor and connect to the walls, with stairs going down to the floor away from its wall. Each wall bears an ornate door on its platform, but they are well and truly sealed off to all comers. One thick pillar rises from the center of the chamber up to the top of the dome, with a spiral staircase wrapping around it that stops suddenly when it reaches the base of the dome, leading to nowhere. Was it unfinished...? How did we get in here? How will we get out?

There is something definitely weird, definitely curious about this ruin. We should battle to find out. All weather will apply here except for sun. Pokémon's health and energy will be merged into a single Power stat, which begins at 150%. Anything that deducts or restores health or energy will instead deduct or restore power.
Additional Rules: I'd like it if whoever accepts discusses which Pokémon we'll use beforehand via VM, IRC, or Skype or something.
This definitely sounds interesting, I'd like to take this battle :>
Old 03-14-2015, 09:35 PM
Says "also" and "or something" a lot

Murkrow is on a distinguished road

For Sangfroidish (or open if he doesn't want another battle)

Format: 3v3 Singles
DQ: 2 Weeks
Banned Moves: OHKO
Arena: The Reverse Bubble Bowl
The arena is in a hemisphere of air at the bottom of a lake. Outside of the dome are seats that are to be used by divers or water-type Pokémon.
Nothing is special about the arena itself but there is no solid object separating the air and water, the integrity of the dome is maintained by psychic Pokémon.
Objects (inluding water) can pass both ways through the dome if needed.
Additional Rules: Mayonnaise is not an instrument
Old 03-14-2015, 09:44 PM
but is a sheep entering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkrow View Post
For Sangfroidish (or open if he doesn't want another battle)

Format: 3v3 Singles
DQ: 2 Weeks
Banned Moves: OHKO
Arena: The Reverse Bubble Bowl
The arena is in a hemisphere of air at the bottom of a lake. Outside of the dome are seats that are to be used by divers or water-type Pokémon.
Nothing is special about the arena itself but there is no solid object separating the air and water, the integrity of the dome is maintained by psychic Pokémon.
Objects (inluding water) can pass both ways through the dome if needed.
Additional Rules: Mayonnaise is not an instrument
I'll drop my open challenge for now and accept this, if I may.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:11 PM
Resolute

Pronoun: he, they
Keldeo is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Banned/Restricted Moves: Direct healing, Attract, Chill, Super Fang. Cute Charm and anything else that might cause infatuation have no effect. Moves that cause sleep as their primary effect are banned, and moves that cause sleep as a secondary effect have that secondary effect removed.

Additional Rules: Music Dragon will be using Doctor Proctor the Exeggcute and I will be using Mimsy the Sentret, so we can skip sendouts.

I'll ref this! Thread up in a few. In the event that it happens, would you like something to happen to a Pokemon that falls off, or have there be like a forcefield or something that prevents that?

Also: Noel vs. me seems to have been missed when the second post was updated, and allitersonance vs. Coloursfall is being reffed by Sylph.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:48 AM
THIS IS HOW WE BLEED

Coloursfall has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Coloursfall

Mmhh why not.

Open challenge, since I don't seem to have done one yet?

Format: 2vs2 single
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned/Restricted Moves: Attract, Direct recovery, OHKOs, Chills limited to 3/Pokemon, Protect/Detect limited to 3 total/Pokemon (Spiky Shield and King's Shield are not included)

Arena Description: Evolution Stadium

Located in the ruins of Old Asber, yours truly (Coloursfall) has built himself a lovely little array of arenas. Evolution Stadium is one of them! Resembling your standard Asber-regulation battle arena, it is large enough to fit several of the very largest Pokemon at once, and has a pool of water in the middle to accommodate waterbound battlers.

But the remarkable thing about this area is that while in its walls, all battlers are forcibly (though temporarily) pushed up to their final evolutionary stage. They behave as a Pokemon of this level would, down to using damage calculations for a Pokemon of their evolutionary stage. A Pokemon with more than one final evolution will have theirs selected by their trainer at sendout.
---
they told me I should back down, all around, not a sound, dirty little freak

Old 03-17-2015, 12:49 PM
Be Bold (+Def, -Atk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloursfall View Post
Mmhh why not.

Open challenge, since I don't seem to have done one yet?

Format: 2vs2 single
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned/Restricted Moves: Attract, Direct recovery, OHKOs, Chills limited to 3/Pokemon, Protect/Detect limited to 3 total/Pokemon (Spiky Shield and King's Shield are not included)

Arena Description: Evolution Stadium

Located in the ruins of Old Asber, yours truly (Coloursfall) has built himself a lovely little array of arenas. Evolution Stadium is one of them! Resembling your standard Asber-regulation battle arena, it is large enough to fit several of the very largest Pokemon at once, and has a pool of water in the middle to accommodate waterbound battlers.

But the remarkable thing about this area is that while in its walls, all battlers are forcibly (though temporarily) pushed up to their final evolutionary stage. They behave as a Pokemon of this level would, down to using damage calculations for a Pokemon of their evolutionary stage. A Pokemon with more than one final evolution will have theirs selected by their trainer at sendout.
Sounds fun! Mind if I take this? I should have an open slot now that my battle with Noel is voided.