The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Pokémon > Pokémon Video Games > Upcoming Games

Notices

Old 05-10-2016, 01:51 PM
yan ya yan ya yaa iii yaaa

Pronoun: She
hopeandjoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to hopeandjoy
Default Re: Pokemon Sun & Pokemon Moon

Non chibi models and character customization!
Old 05-10-2016, 02:16 PM
Egg

Pronoun: they
cindersinned is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I'm hyped as fuck. Definitely sticking with Moon. I can't decide on which starter to get, though! Litten has the best name and is also a cat, Rowlet is adorable, and I get the feeling that Popplio is going to have great evolutions.

And the region! Aloha looks amazing. (It's actually called Aloha.) I also like the jungle-y vibe of the music!

By the way, the kukui is the state tree of Hawaii. Looks like this Kukui dude is our new professor! He's like a cross between Birch and Brawley. I love him already.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:48 PM
Sir Dude-A-Lot

Pronoun: he
Kung Fu Ferret is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersinned View Post
Well, I'm hyped as fuck. Definitely sticking with Moon. I can't decide on which starter to get, though! Litten has the best name and is also a cat, Rowlet is adorable, and I get the feeling that Popplio is going to have great evolutions.

And the region! Aloha looks amazing. (It's actually called Aloha.) I also like the jungle-y vibe of the music!

By the way, the kukui is the state tree of Hawaii. Looks like this Kukui dude is our new professor! He's like a cross between Birch and Brawley. I love him already.
Nope, it's Alola.

Also, I like the starters, but I can't pick a favorite.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:58 PM
blame telegram

Pronoun: He
JackPK is an unknown quantity at this point

Everything is so wonderful and awesome-looking and I really don't want to pick a starter yet because I don't want to be disappointed and jump ship when their evolutions leak/are released, but omg little owl with razor-leaf feathers, that is the cutest thing ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Fu Ferret View Post
Nope, it's Alola.
more like aLOLa, amirite

if you feel like it, click on my GPX+ party below! :3

Old 05-10-2016, 04:35 PM
busy dizzy lazy

Negrek is on a distinguished road

Not my favorite starters or box legendaries by any means, but they're okay I guess. I'm 100% there for Hawaiian region, though.

I was wondering whether they might do a secondary type triangle with the final starter evolutions as they did for Kalos. Assuming Rowlet's evos stay flying, Popplio's final could be water/ice (or rock) and Litten's final could be fire/fi--oh dear.

Thousand Roads forums, a community for Pokemon fanfiction fans. Join us for fanfic discussions, contests, or simply to post your story and get feedback.
Or come hang out on our Discord if you prefer real-time chat!
Old 05-10-2016, 04:44 PM
blame telegram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrek View Post
I was wondering whether they might do a secondary type triangle with the final starter evolutions as they did for Kalos. Assuming Rowlet's evos stay flying, Popplio's final could be water/ice (or rock) and Litten's final could be fire/fi--oh dear.

(credit: ponpekopon on tumblr)

Old 05-10-2016, 04:47 PM
busy dizzy lazy

Negrek is on a distinguished road

As someone who doesn't particularly care what the final typings work out to be one way or the other, I would laugh for days.

Thousand Roads forums, a community for Pokemon fanfiction fans. Join us for fanfic discussions, contests, or simply to post your story and get feedback.
Or come hang out on our Discord if you prefer real-time chat!
Old 05-10-2016, 05:00 PM
Doosic Maggon

Pronoun: she
Music Dragon is on a distinguished road

Here's hoping for the Fire/Poison type I've wanted for so long...
Old 05-10-2016, 05:21 PM
oh man, good times.

Eifie is on a distinguished road

bwark! bwark!!

I can't choose between puppy and the owl... god dammit...

Old 05-10-2016, 06:01 PM
has a BONE to pick with you

Pronoun: Any
Equinoxe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Dragon View Post
Here's hoping for the Fire/Poison type I've wanted for so long...
The official site mentions Litten's gross oily fur and furballs, which could maybe perhaps point towards a possible poison evolution instead of the fire/dark most people are predicting.

I'm most likely gonna use it regardless of typing because, well, pissed off fire cat. The other two starters are super cute as well and I can't wait to see what they all evolve into! *u*

and dragged into a careless life with nothing else to do
waves don't often mean their anger
Old 05-10-2016, 06:38 PM
blame telegram

Also, now that we get our first look at our version legendaries, I have to speculate on what their types will be! Solgaleo is almost certainly at least Fire-type, but I hope it's neither pure Fire nor Fire/Normal, which would veer a bit too closely IMO to Entei and Pyroar, respectively. I'm really not sure what else it could be. My best out-of-left-field prediction, given how bulky and muscular it seems, is that it's another quadrupedal Fighting-type like the Swords of Justice (and I will absolutely laugh my head off if we avoid a Fire/Fighting starter but instead get a Fire/Fighting box legendary).

Lunaala, on the other hand, is the really interesting one to me! The moon so far has had a very strong relation to the Fairy type (Clefairy, Moonblast, etc.) and I'm super excited for it to probably set a trend along with Xerneas of Fairy-type legendaries that are otherworldly and fey-like rather than just cutesy like Diancie. As for a potential secondary type, Flying is the obvious first thought but I have to wonder if it might go for something slightly more left-field like Dragon. And now that I think of it, Fairy/Dragon is a combination that I'm very excited to see concepts for — legendary or not, canon or not.

EDIT: While I'm speculating about types, I thought of this and might as well add:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrek View Post
Idk, it's also entirely plausible that they'd pull a Kalos and have both triangles pointing the same way, so Litten would end up Fire/Rock and Popplio as the Water/Fighting-type that Samurott completely missed out on being.

Last edited by JackPK; 05-10-2016 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Fire emblem is great

Superbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Superbird

Rowlett with the awful defensive typing, though I've personally been hype to see a grass-flying starter for way too long. I think I've already made my choice there.

That secondary video was really sweet, too.

If I'm reffing your ASB battle, you can find my reffing scale in this document. Mostly it involves details on stat modifications and status conditions, as well as my interpretation of the damage formula, other clarifications regarding the specifics of certain attacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Showdown VGC
[02:22:35] +Superbird: ok seriously tho can I get some opinions on modern art
[02:22:42] +Superbird: its important
[02:23:18] @amr97: Modern art includes artistic works produced during the period extending roughly from the 1860s to the 1970s, and denotes the style and philosophy of the art produced during that era.
[02:23:20] @amr97: The term is usually associated with art in which the traditions of the past have been thrown aside in a spirit of experimentation.
[02:24:26] +Superbird: opinions, amr97, not definitions
[02:24:49] @amr97: oh
[02:24:52] @amr97: i don't get it
[02:24:56] @amr97: is my opinion
[02:25:04] +Superbird: oh ffs
[02:25:28] +Superbird: maybe i should give up and try a different room
[02:25:32] @amr97: probably tbh
[02:26:19] @SamVGC: i think this chatroom
[02:26:22] @SamVGC: is an art form
[02:26:26] @Dog-for-Dinner: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Opinions+on+Modern+Art
[02:26:47] +Superbird: dong-for-dinner that is not a thing to be goggled
[02:26:50] +Superbird: *dog
[02:26:51] +Superbird: *google
[02:27:02] @amr97: dong-for-dinner lmao
[02:27:07] @amr97: that had to be intentional
[02:27:18] +Superbird: 100% wasn't
[02:27:28] +Superbird: i'm so used to typing dingram's name that
[02:27:45] +Superbird: anything starting with the same first letter
[02:28:17] @Dog-for-Dinner: why is it not a thing to be googled
[02:28:23] @Dog-for-Dinner: google is the story of my high school
[02:28:33] +Superbird: you dont google opinions
[02:28:36] +Superbird: you google facts
[02:28:52] @Dog-for-Dinner: seems like a science student is trying to study humanities
[02:28:56] @Dog-for-Dinner: and is having a hard time
[02:29:00] +Superbird: ^
Old 05-10-2016, 10:52 PM
Says "also" and "or something" a lot

Murkrow is on a distinguished road

I'm probably going to go with the fire starter because 1) I always do 2) I like fire cats and fire dogs, they're always up there among the cutest of the cute.
The first stage doesn't look too cute but I have hope for its evolutions.
They all look quite cute, but they look off from not being used to them yet. The water one is super cute, I hope its evolutions continue being so as well.

The reveal of the Moon legendary seemed to have framerate issues, or maybe I'm imagining that.

Also the Japanese trailer was missing the scene where the kid couldn't play his new Pokémon game because the 3DS is region locked so he had to buy a new console as well. (Yes I'm still bitter about that, Nintendo. I never won't be)
Old 05-10-2016, 11:58 PM
sobble squad

I liek Squirtles is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to I liek Squirtles

I made a fake region like five years ago, and I had a grass/flying starter. I'll be absolutely floored if Litten turns out to be Fire/Poison (the final stage of my grass starter).

I'm torn between Rowlet and Popplio. They're both so cute!

~*tumblr~

Haikus

我不会日文,
也我不是中国人。
我很爱灯管。
- sovram 2014

Old 05-11-2016, 02:00 AM
The finchiest of widgets

Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Stryke

The starters look pretty cool/cute. Rowlet is ADORABLE, and the Grass/Flying type was a pretty great idea. I've heard that it can now also learn a new move called Leafage, which intrigues me. Litten seems pretty cool, but I'm getting a witch's cat vibe from it. Add in the fact that it is mostly black and has an expression like she doesn't care, and I think we might be looking at Fire/Dark typing for its evolutions. And Popplio is AMAZING. Any direction they take him will be a great one. The circus seal design really appeals to me.

As for Solagleo and Lunaala, they seem pretty cool, but they seem like bosses from Final Fantasy or Bravely Default, not Pokemon. However, I am interested to see what direction these guys end up going.

And as for the region, I think they could've picked the UK or Australia. Hawaii came out of nowhere...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omskivar View Post
/vp/'s been making a pretty good argument about the game being set in Hawaii, which I'm completely on board with (I'm sort of infamous for my Hawaiian shirts and I exclusively wear boat shoes). I couldn't follow the general chaos too well but here:

Deepest Lore
Well, maybe not.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:44 AM
chah, dude

The Omskivar is an unknown quantity at this point

oooooohmygod ohmygod ohmyGOD

I am SOOOOO HYPED for these games, I haven't played Gen VI yet but I'm buying a 3ds for Sun. Hawaiian is my brand. I live in Wisconsin but I wear flip-flops until it snows. I won't live anywhere I can't hang a hammock outside of. And I am all. ABOUT. HAWAIIAN SHIRTS. I wear Hawaiian shirts at every opportunity, I asked for Hawaiian shirts for Christmas, my mom sends me Hawaiian shirts in care packages, the meme around the theater department is that I am ready to go to the Bahamas at a moment's notice. I can't not get these games. I'm getting Sun based on my general attitude and thematic preference, I couldn't give too much of a shit about legendary designs as long as the lore makes sense (though I am wondering if their skin is actually skin, it seems to have some sort of cosmic-void feeling to me)

The starters though holy crap I can't decide at alllllllllllllllll I liked Litten the least at first but it wasn't by much at all, it's just the eyes that bother me. It's definitely grown on me though, I love the oil-based fire and the shedding in a burst of flames. Plus its face is the Leviathan Cross! The other designs are just adorable, I love how Rowlett moves its head in the trailer and how it's so smiley and eager and it already has a new attack?? neat, Popplio has the hardest name for me to remember and I can't wait to see what details are added to its evolutions. I love the attitude and the bubble tricks, but I hope it doesn't become some cartoony clown seal and sacrifice any remote look of actual power

wooooow i'm so happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omskivar
Anyway hi I'm The Omskivar
Old 05-11-2016, 02:29 PM
oh man, good times.

Eifie is on a distinguished road

I thought Leafage was just supposed to be a generic 40-BP Grass move so that the Grass starter isn't stuck with Absorb while the others get Ember and Water Gun.

Also, uh, does the name just mean something obvious that I'm missing? As far as I can think of they don't actually tend to invent words for move names...

Old 05-11-2016, 02:33 PM
A chickadee in love with the sky

Sandstone-Shadow is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eifie View Post
Also, uh, does the name just mean something obvious that I'm missing? As far as I can think of they don't actually tend to invent words for move names...
I was wondering, too. The first thing that shows up in a Google search is a restaurant in New York, but then apparently it also means "foliage."

Pokémon, teaching us new words!
Old 05-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Doosic Maggon

Music Dragon is on a distinguished road

So in other words, it means "leaves in general". Sounds deadly!
Old 05-11-2016, 04:29 PM
blame telegram

See, and here I was thinking it was a Buffy-ism like "hey, let's grab some snackage" or "yes, I'm a Slayer, I do all kinds of slayage"

(side note: an actual Buffy-themed academic conference was once titled the Third International Slayage Conference, omg)