The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Pokémon > Pokémon Video Games > Upcoming Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Kung Fu Ferret's Avatar
Kung Fu Ferret Kung Fu Ferret is offline
Sir Dude-A-Lot
 
Join Date: December 10, 2013
Location: Somewhere playing Zoo Tycoon 2
Posts: 1,324
Pronoun: he
Kung Fu Ferret is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Gen 7 Predictions...

Am I the only one doing this? If not, post your predictions.

My personal favorite prediction is that the Grass starter will be a koala that will become Grass/Fairy when fully evolved.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-12-2013, 01:01 AM
Connoiseusse Burgundy's Avatar
Connoiseusse Burgundy Connoiseusse Burgundy is offline
Like a piece of burnt toast!
 
Join Date: February 3, 2012
Location: Unova
Posts: 1,257
Pronoun: she
Connoiseusse Burgundy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gen 7 Predictions...

Dunsparce evolution.
__________________
You're about as clueless as a birthday present without ribbons or wrapping paper!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-15-2013, 01:02 AM
Spoon Spoon is offline
Metapod
 
Join Date: July 5, 2008
Posts: 888
Pronoun: she
Spoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gen 7 Predictions...

  • Red Panda Pokémon
  • Salamander or newt Pokémon
  • Based on a South American country
  • On the 3DS
  • < 100 new Pokémon
  • < 20 new mega evos
  • < 7 legendaries
  • All the final stage starters will be dual typed
  • Main rival will be serious
  • Won't be a world wide release

Last edited by Spoon; 12-17-2013 at 01:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-15-2013, 12:19 PM
qva's Avatar
qva qva is offline
pretty good
 
Join Date: November 1, 2011
Location: space coast
Age: 19
Posts: 2,815
Pronoun: she
qva is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gen 7 Predictions...

It's kind of difficult to predict these things, because Game Freak doesn't really leave any clues. Anything you come up with is really on a whim, and you have no evsice xD to support whatever conclusions you draw.

That said, my own predictions are that N will be found at some point, and that the Johto starters will be distributed. Less hopeful predictions are multiplayer Safari Zones and the return of the PWT.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-16-2014, 11:32 PM
Oliver's Avatar
Oliver Oliver is offline
I come here occasionally.
 
Join Date: December 24, 2012
Location: New York
Age: 20
Posts: 32
Pronoun: he
Oliver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gen 7 Predictions...

I expect a more political view of how society works in what ever region the Gen. VII games take place in. Seeing that the games have already covered genetic manipulation and splicing, more or less recent mythology, terraforming, the origins of all the Pokemon universe, ethics, and Pokemon as art, I think that Gen. VII will have some sort of political issues going on. Or maybe we'll go back to the days of *Lt. Surge voice* the war.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-16-2014, 11:52 PM
Superbird's Avatar
Superbird Superbird is online now
Fire emblem is great
 
Join Date: December 28, 2008
Location: North Carolina
Age: 22
Posts: 4,734
Pronoun: He
Superbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Superbird
Default Re: Gen 7 Predictions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Mage View Post
I expect a more political view of how society works in what ever region the Gen. VII games take place in. Seeing that the games have already covered genetic manipulation and splicing, more or less recent mythology, terraforming, the origins of all the Pokemon universe, ethics, and Pokemon as art, I think that Gen. VII will have some sort of political issues going on. Or maybe we'll go back to the days of *Lt. Surge voice* the war.
That's a great point. It would be really interesting to see them do something B/W-ish, where which game you get determines which side you're on, and you go through the region in the opposite order. Your rival fills the same position as you but for the enemy's side, and it's over some sort of ideological conundrum.

On one hand, that would be significantly more story-driven and therefore would maybe take away from the traditional essence of pokémon. On the other hand, it could also be like B/W in that the final boss isn't the Champion -- they could make all the gym battles (or at least half of them) postgame or something, and only after that do you get to fight the e4 and champion, who are at level 70 or 80.

As for the legendary pokémon, both sides on the war each have the boxart legendaries already in their possessions, and the player gets to catch the enemy's legendary in the postgame (like Kyurem in B2/W2). And that would also leave room for a third-game legendary, which would likely be based on the Strange Souvenir thing you get from that backpacker in X/Y.

...heck, that's fangame material. I doubt Game Freak would depart from the formula enough to do something that breaking, but then again gen 5 did set precedents for more plot and other formula variations. Worth hoping for, I guess.
__________________
Visit my art website - Monitors of Modern Art! Updates weekly.

If I'm reffing your ASB battle, you can find my reffing scale in this document. Mostly it involves details on stat modifications and status conditions, as well as my interpretation of the damage formula, other clarifications regarding the specifics of certain attacks.
...
...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-17-2014, 12:16 AM
Oliver's Avatar
Oliver Oliver is offline
I come here occasionally.
 
Join Date: December 24, 2012
Location: New York
Age: 20
Posts: 32
Pronoun: he
Oliver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gen 7 Predictions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbird View Post
That's a great point. It would be really interesting to see them do something B/W-ish, where which game you get determines which side you're on, and you go through the region in the opposite order. Your rival fills the same position as you but for the enemy's side, and it's over some sort of ideological conundrum.

On one hand, that would be significantly more story-driven and therefore would maybe take away from the traditional essence of pokémon. On the other hand, it could also be like B/W in that the final boss isn't the Champion -- they could make all the gym battles (or at least half of them) postgame or something, and only after that do you get to fight the e4 and champion, who are at level 70 or 80.

As for the legendary pokémon, both sides on the war each have the boxart legendaries already in their possessions, and the player gets to catch the enemy's legendary in the postgame (like Kyurem in B2/W2). And that would also leave room for a third-game legendary, which would likely be based on the Strange Souvenir thing you get from that backpacker in X/Y.

...heck, that's fangame material. I doubt Game Freak would depart from the formula enough to do something that breaking, but then again gen 5 did set precedents for more plot and other formula variations. Worth hoping for, I guess.
Fangame material shmam game material. It would have been fangame material that the topic of Pokemon ethics was even brought up, let alone made a plot point, until Gen V. Game Freak broke from the formula by switching from sprites to models in the current Gen, I don't see why they couldn't do something more different next Gen. It isn't like it would make or break the series to veer off a bit from the formula, or at least experiment. Then again, they might not do this in Gen VII seeing that Nintendo is pretty much banking on the 3DS with the Wii U being in its less than profitable condition. Oh money, how you love to ruin things(which could totally be part of the plot in a political Pokemon game).
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-17-2014, 02:00 AM
I liek Squirtles's Avatar
I liek Squirtles I liek Squirtles is offline
sobble squad
 
Join Date: February 6, 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 20
Posts: 3,723
Pronoun: he
I liek Squirtles is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to I liek Squirtles
Default Re: Gen 7 Predictions...

Models in place of sprites aren't shaking up/reinventing the formula. They've used models since Stadium.

Couldn't the whole Team Plasma and Team Flare storylines be considered political issues?

I want them to make a Friend Safari that bunches all of your Friend Safaris together into one beautiful Safari Zone.
__________________



~*tumblr~

Haikus

ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha

I'm good at haiku.
I might even say decent.
and...that's all I've got. -Superbird

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-17-2014, 10:33 AM
Oliver's Avatar
Oliver Oliver is offline
I come here occasionally.
 
Join Date: December 24, 2012
Location: New York
Age: 20
Posts: 32
Pronoun: he
Oliver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gen 7 Predictions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I liek Squirtles View Post
Models in place of sprites aren't shaking up/reinventing the formula. They've used models since Stadium.

Couldn't the whole Team Plasma and Team Flare storylines be considered political issues?

I want them to make a Friend Safari that bunches all of your Friend Safaris together into one beautiful Safari Zone.
That's true... I guess what they should do is more show the political side of things. For Teams Plasma and Flare, we don't really see what's going on with those that run Unova or Kalos.

That Friend Safari Zone would be beautiful.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Superbird's Avatar
Superbird Superbird is online now
Fire emblem is great
 
Join Date: December 28, 2008
Location: North Carolina
Age: 22
Posts: 4,734
Pronoun: He
Superbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Superbird
Default Re: Gen 7 Predictions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I liek Squirtles View Post
I want them to make a Friend Safari that bunches all of your Friend Safaris together into one beautiful Safari Zone.
While I agree this would be nice, the problem is that it would then take forever to find what you wanted out of your safari. The way it is now, you just go in and you have a 1/3 chance every encounter to find the pokémon you want. The way you propose, it would drop to less than 1/30. If anything, though, I agree -- or at least they could make the friend safaris different depending on which type they are.
__________________
Visit my art website - Monitors of Modern Art! Updates weekly.

If I'm reffing your ASB battle, you can find my reffing scale in this document. Mostly it involves details on stat modifications and status conditions, as well as my interpretation of the damage formula, other clarifications regarding the specifics of certain attacks.
...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Showdown VGC
[02:22:35] +Superbird: ok seriously tho can I get some opinions on modern art
[02:22:42] +Superbird: its important
[02:23:18] @amr97: Modern art includes artistic works produced during the period extending roughly from the 1860s to the 1970s, and denotes the style and philosophy of the art produced during that era.
[02:23:20] @amr97: The term is usually associated with art in which the traditions of the past have been thrown aside in a spirit of experimentation.
[02:24:26] +Superbird: opinions, amr97, not definitions
[02:24:49] @amr97: oh
[02:24:52] @amr97: i don't get it
[02:24:56] @amr97: is my opinion
[02:25:04] +Superbird: oh ffs
[02:25:28] +Superbird: maybe i should give up and try a different room
[02:25:32] @amr97: probably tbh
[02:26:19] @SamVGC: i think this chatroom
[02:26:22] @SamVGC: is an art form
[02:26:26] @Dog-for-Dinner: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Opinions+on+Modern+Art
[02:26:47] +Superbird: dong-for-dinner that is not a thing to be goggled
[02:26:50] +Superbird: *dog
[02:26:51] +Superbird: *google
[02:27:02] @amr97: dong-for-dinner lmao
[02:27:07] @amr97: that had to be intentional
[02:27:18] +Superbird: 100% wasn't
[02:27:28] +Superbird: i'm so used to typing dingram's name that
[02:27:45] +Superbird: anything starting with the same first letter
[02:28:17] @Dog-for-Dinner: why is it not a thing to be googled
[02:28:23] @Dog-for-Dinner: google is the story of my high school
[02:28:33] +Superbird: you dont google opinions
[02:28:36] +Superbird: you google facts
[02:28:52] @Dog-for-Dinner: seems like a science student is trying to study humanities
[02:28:56] @Dog-for-Dinner: and is having a hard time
[02:29:00] +Superbird: ^
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Worst Username Ever's Avatar
Worst Username Ever Worst Username Ever is offline
(laughs)
 
Join Date: June 29, 2008
Location: whoopshoop lazers offices
Age: 25
Posts: 2,402
Pronoun: She
Worst Username Ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gen 7 Predictions...

-Johto starters given out somewhere, more Johto "references"
-DARK TYPE GYM LEADER PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
-100+ new Pokémon
-10+ mega evolutions, including Kalos Pokémon
-Koala Pokémon
-Dolphin Pokémon
-Red panda Pokémon
__________________


My webcomic, Consolers. It's about game companies

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-20-2014, 06:36 PM
qva's Avatar
qva qva is offline
pretty good
 
Join Date: November 1, 2011
Location: space coast
Age: 19
Posts: 2,815
Pronoun: she
qva is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gen 7 Predictions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worst Username Ever View Post
-Johto starters given out somewhere, more Johto "references"
-DARK TYPE GYM LEADER PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
-100+ new Pokémon
-10+ mega evolutions, including Kalos Pokémon
-Koala Pokémon
-Dolphin Pokémon
-Red panda Pokémon
These would all be lovely. I'm in for Mega Dunsparce, too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-20-2014, 09:20 PM
Kung Fu Ferret's Avatar
Kung Fu Ferret Kung Fu Ferret is offline
Sir Dude-A-Lot
 
Join Date: December 10, 2013
Location: Somewhere playing Zoo Tycoon 2
Posts: 1,324
Pronoun: he
Kung Fu Ferret is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gen 7 Predictions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worst Username Ever View Post
-Johto starters given out somewhere, more Johto "references"
-DARK TYPE GYM LEADER PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
-100+ new Pokémon
-10+ mega evolutions, including Kalos Pokémon
-Koala Pokémon
-Dolphin Pokémon
-Red panda Pokémon
Also.. Unova needs Megas..

Mega Mienshao, anyone?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Murkrow's Avatar
Murkrow Murkrow is offline
Says "also" and "or something" a lot
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Location: UK
Age: 27
Posts: 3,243
Pronoun: He
Murkrow is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gen 7 Predictions...

I expect there's a reference to something that'll be in gen 7 already.

In Black/White, Cynthia tells the player that the champions of each region like to compete to see who's strongest, which happens in the PWT in Black/White 2.

And in Black/White 2 there's a person (I think in the Virbank Complex?) who's thinking about how there must a place where people make Pokéballs, which we visit in X/Y.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Autumn Autumn is offline
bye
 
Join Date: June 23, 2008
Posts: 4,633
Pronoun: she
Autumn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gen 7 Predictions...

that one guy in one of the hotels who says "There's this really cool city in my region where... Oh, never mind. You'll see it in due time."
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Zekrom_Bolt Zekrom_Bolt is offline
Caterpie
 
Join Date: July 31, 2013
Posts: 155
Pronoun: any
Zekrom_Bolt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Gen 7 Predictions...

Mega Pikachu & Mega Hydreigon
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-02-2014, 08:00 PM
qva's Avatar
qva qva is offline
pretty good
 
Join Date: November 1, 2011
Location: space coast
Age: 19
Posts: 2,815
Pronoun: she
qva is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gen 7 Predictions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekrom_Bolt View Post
Mega Pikachu
???

That isn't going to happen, I assure you. Even Mega Raichu is probably not very viable.

If there isn't a dolphin Pokémon in Gen VII, I'll be upset. How can you resort to keychains without doing a dolphin?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-03-2014, 04:51 AM
I liek Squirtles's Avatar
I liek Squirtles I liek Squirtles is offline
sobble squad
 
Join Date: February 6, 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 20
Posts: 3,723
Pronoun: he
I liek Squirtles is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to I liek Squirtles
Default Re: Gen 7 Predictions...

I'd like to see a dolphin wall a fuckin Hydreigon like it ain't no thing. Once dolphins do that, come talk to me.

You know who needs a mega?

Cofragrigus. It could be based off of the sphinx. I can see it now.
__________________



~*tumblr~

Haikus

これは俳句ではありません。
私は日本語が話せません。
翻訳機を使っていますか?-VM

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-03-2014, 02:55 PM
qva's Avatar
qva qva is offline
pretty good
 
Join Date: November 1, 2011
Location: space coast
Age: 19
Posts: 2,815
Pronoun: she
qva is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Gen 7 Predictions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I liek Squirtles View Post
I'd like to see a dolphin wall a fuckin Hydreigon like it ain't no thing. Once dolphins do that, come talk to me.
You're just jealous because you can't be a dolphin. >:-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by I liek Squirtles View Post
You know who needs a mega?

Cofragrigus. It could be based off of the sphinx. I can see it now.
That would be sort of weird! Megas don't usually deviate from their respective Pokémon's design much (and certainly not their concept). Really, even a regular sphinx evolution would be weird... if not awesome, besides.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-03-2014, 03:32 PM
Superbird's Avatar
Superbird Superbird is online now
Fire emblem is great
 
Join Date: December 28, 2008
Location: North Carolina
Age: 22
Posts: 4,734
Pronoun: He
Superbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Superbird
Default Re: Gen 7 Predictions...

shinx

Somehow, this has nothing to do with a sphinx, which is disappointing. A sphinx pokémon would be interesting, to see what they would do with it.

I agree with the dolphin pokémon, though -- I've wanted to see one of those for a very long time. And of course it could wall hydriegon if it was water/fairy, and especially if it had the high Special Defense stat that most fairy types seem to have

One thing that's definitely going to happen is that some pokemon from gen 6 are going to get mega evolutions. The question...which ones? Because I can't really think of any that would be a good fit.

I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the gen 3 starters got megas, though.
__________________
Visit my art website - Monitors of Modern Art! Updates weekly.

If I'm reffing your ASB battle, you can find my reffing scale in this document. Mostly it involves details on stat modifications and status conditions, as well as my interpretation of the damage formula, other clarifications regarding the specifics of certain attacks.
...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Showdown VGC
[02:22:35] +Superbird: ok seriously tho can I get some opinions on modern art
[02:22:42] +Superbird: its important
[02:23:18] @amr97: Modern art includes artistic works produced during the period extending roughly from the 1860s to the 1970s, and denotes the style and philosophy of the art produced during that era.
[02:23:20] @amr97: The term is usually associated with art in which the traditions of the past have been thrown aside in a spirit of experimentation.
[02:24:26] +Superbird: opinions, amr97, not definitions
[02:24:49] @amr97: oh
[02:24:52] @amr97: i don't get it
[02:24:56] @amr97: is my opinion
[02:25:04] +Superbird: oh ffs
[02:25:28] +Superbird: maybe i should give up and try a different room
[02:25:32] @amr97: probably tbh
[02:26:19] @SamVGC: i think this chatroom
[02:26:22] @SamVGC: is an art form
[02:26:26] @Dog-for-Dinner: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Opinions+on+Modern+Art
[02:26:47] +Superbird: dong-for-dinner that is not a thing to be goggled
[02:26:50] +Superbird: *dog
[02:26:51] +Superbird: *google
[02:27:02] @amr97: dong-for-dinner lmao
[02:27:07] @amr97: that had to be intentional
[02:27:18] +Superbird: 100% wasn't
[02:27:28] +Superbird: i'm so used to typing dingram's name that
[02:27:45] +Superbird: anything starting with the same first letter
[02:28:17] @Dog-for-Dinner: why is it not a thing to be googled
[02:28:23] @Dog-for-Dinner: google is the story of my high school
[02:28:33] +Superbird: you dont google opinions
[02:28:36] +Superbird: you google facts
[02:28:52] @Dog-for-Dinner: seems like a science student is trying to study humanities
[02:28:56] @Dog-for-Dinner: and is having a hard time
[02:29:00] +Superbird: ^
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Pokémon, Pikachu and all other Pokémon characters © Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc. The Cave of Dragonflies, content, styles, etc. © Butterfree/Dragonfree/antialiasis.
Forum now hosted by Eevee's HQ.