The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Games > Clubs

Notices

Old 08-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Metapod

Pronoun: she
Spoon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Obsessive Scribblers

Obsessive Scribblers is an art interest group that has various activies to help artists to improve themselves, have some fun, and do other stuff.

There really aren't requirements for joining, other than drawing stuff, so if you want to join in, just post saying that you want to. That's all that there is to it. There's a memberlist, but it's more for group picture references, organization, and shamless self advertising. So your username doesn't need to appear on it for to start particiating.

The old OS thread in the art discussion forum was locked to prevent mix-ups between this thread and the old one.

In addition to myself, Kai Lucifer also helps run OS as a threadmin. If you need clarification on an OS-related matter, you can always ask either one of us for help.

Vague guideline-y rules
-If you're not active in OS for six months your name will be taken off the memberlist. However, you can easily rejoin by either posting in this thread or by PMing Kai Lucifer or me.
-Don't use this thread as an art dump. It's fine to showcase your artwork, but don't let that be the only thing you post.
-If you have a suggestion to improve OS, by all means do such.

Group Project Ideas
-Art Trades
-OS storybook/comic
-DraMo
-OS Award Night

Memberlist
#1 bro
Alraune
Amfibbian
Arylett Dawnsborough
Big Red Cherry Bomb
Blastoise
blazheirio889
Bluwiikoon
Byrus
Chaon
Cheatmaster
Cirrus
Cloudsong
Crazy Linoone
Dannichu
Dave Strider
Icy the Frosty Cat
Kai Lucifer
Kinova
Leaf
L'il Dwagie
Littlestream
Loffyglu
Mai
Mawile
Mhaladie
Mini Moonwalker
Nemec
Ninjar-Pirate
Pentimento
Phyro Phantom
Pichu Chris
Pinestar
Pwneon
Saith
Spaekle
Spoon
St. Christopher
Rai-CH
Vladmir Putin's LJ
Weavilefan#1
Worst Username Ever
Zephyrous Castform
Zora of Termina

For anyone wanting to draw anything related to the Obsessive Scribblers, there's a handy reference list here, courtesy of Mhals.

Last edited by Spoon; 01-01-2011 at 09:10 PM. Reason: updating list
Old 08-02-2010, 06:51 PM
emotionless and cold as ice

Pronoun: It
spaekle is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spaekle Send a message via Skype™ to spaekle
Default Re: Obsessive Scribblers

Suppose I'll rejoin. >:v

Having rules this time around is pretty cool (not like anything really got out of hand in the last thread that I know of, except maybe fly-by art posting and I'm sure I was guilty of that at some point), but if this incarnation gets as many members as the old one did I'm wondering how exactly you plan on keeping track of who stays active for six months? Regular activity checks?

Old 08-02-2010, 07:07 PM
Metapod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaekle Oddberry View Post
Having rules this time around is pretty cool (not like anything really got out of hand in the last thread that I know of, except maybe fly-by art posting and I'm sure I was guilty of that at some point), but if this incarnation gets as many members as the old one did I'm wondering how exactly you plan on keeping track of who stays active for six months? Regular activity checks?
The rules are pretty much there prevent fly-by art posting and to keep the memberlist relevant. I'll try keeping the activity checks biweekly to monthly after we hit the six month mark. I'll probably keep a list of the most recent post of a member and keep track of it that way, unless there's an easier way to do it.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Barely existent.

Pronoun: Female
Arylett Charnoa is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, I'm here! Ahaha, you finally did it Spoonie. Add me, of course.

The rules are pretty good. The fly-by walls of art posts are pretty much what heavily discouraged me from posting and dying in the last one. I hope this one can be as awesome as the initial thread. :3

To start, I volunteer to do an art trade with someone. I will draw anything that the person desires that begins with the letter "S." And in exchange, that person can pick a letter for them to draw.

Deviantart
Old 08-02-2010, 07:44 PM
forget your high society

Pronoun: She
Zora of Termina has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to Zora of Termina

*rides in on a flying motorcycle*

You know I'm in.
And highly, /highly/ glad there's a rule against fly-by art dumps. A person can make their own thread for that. >l

dirty hands ain't made for shakin' ain't a rule that ain't worth breakin'

If you want to contact me:
tumblr|dA|TRsR|Flight Rising

Old 08-02-2010, 07:45 PM
A traveller on the winds of time

Pronoun: Male
Kai Lucifer is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Kai Lucifer

It's finally back. At last~

As I put forward in some OS related discussion, I'd like to run for threadmin. What does everyone else think of this?

I've been drawing quite a bit recently, at home, at work and with anything I can get my hands on. I'm getting back into things and I think that I'm getting better. I think that I'll take you up on that art trade, Arylett. You okay with that?

The original OS was awesome. Here's to a fresh start and a good second time round. *raises glass*

Oh, I almost forgot. Sign me up. ;D
Old 08-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Barely existent.

Sure! Just pick a letter, and I'll be limited to choosing something to draw from that letter. I call it the Letter Art Trade, ahaha.

I think you might make a good threadmin. You seem fairly organized and reliable.

Deviantart
Old 08-02-2010, 08:44 PM

In that case, Arylett, let's go with the letter E. I wonder how many things start without the most-used letter in the alphabet . . .

Thanks you. My wanting to become threadmin is also a case of wanting to give a little back to the Scribblers, which helped me out massively when I was first posting my art, though I probably didn't realise at the time. XP
Old 08-02-2010, 08:56 PM
the best coolkid

Dave Strider is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll join. I used to hang around the old thread but I never joined, so I might as well this time. :V

I'm not exactly the best artist, but I enjoy drawing. Mostly Pokemon stuff but I do a bit of other stuff sometimes.

Safari PC I ASB Profile

Click the Eggs/Pokemon please.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:06 PM

Well Psymon, it doesn't matter how good or bad you feel you are, as long as you're enjoying what you're doing. Care to show us some of your art, if possible?
Old 08-02-2010, 09:10 PM
o-o

Frosty~ is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Frosty~ Send a message via MSN to Frosty~ Send a message via Yahoo to Frosty~

I, for one, am glad to see this group back. Not to mention in its rightful place too. It didn't belong in the Artist's lounge D:
Goodness though, I was only starting out with my drawing when I first joined. The distance I've come since then is unbelieveable :o

So, evidentally, I'm in~

I have a webcomic
Old 08-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Barely existent.

You must draw an embarrassed ebony Espeon eavesdropping on an evangelical Electrode. You may draw it however you interpret the words to mean and however you wish. Now what must I draw beginning with S?

I just had lots of fun with the Scribblers, even if I didn't post a lot of art here, ahaha. I like commenting on art if it isn't a whole bunch of walls.

Deviantart
Old 08-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Geographical!

Pronoun: He
Blastoise Fortooate is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Blastoise Fortooate

Joining, maybe?

I'm here to repent for my drive-by that one time that you all totally remember and that I am ashamed about.

I don't do much digital art (best thing so far) but hopefully this place will motivate me to change that! I'll get some of my actually decent traditional stuff up when I find my camera.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:57 PM
broke ASB

Pronoun: Any
Crazy Linoone is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Crazy Linoone

ITS BAAAAACK~

Rejoining, of course. I'll start off with a little inspirational speech. Or something.

You know, OS is the reason I started drawing humans. Back in the days, I never tried to draw humans because I sucked and felt bad for drawing people because I felt like I was disgracing the original creator of said human character. Then the OS came along and... stuff happened. I dunno. The grouppics were great motivations for me to draw things. I still suck but I'm getting better!

So. This club is actually useful and stuff! Yay!

Please excuse me while I go work on my OS comic-thing.

||||||||||||||
Old 08-02-2010, 11:36 PM
Butterfree

Pronoun: any
.... is an unknown quantity at this point

Joining~
I have tons of doodles, but I can't hook up the scanner to my computer.
I'll try to get stuff uploaded, though.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:54 AM
like electricity

Mhaladie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Mhaladie

Hello! I think I joined the original OS... but I am exceptionally bad at keeping up with things and staying active. And I was probably one of the fly-by art dump offenders. Whoops. I will try to do better! Good timing on this group being remade, too, because I've been drawing more lately and seem to have inexplicably improved a little since the last time I was drawing regularly. Pleasant surprise, I guess. Not to say that anything I've been drawing lately is particularly brilliant... just better than it used to be. :P

But yeah! Cool beans. Sign me up~
Old 08-03-2010, 03:43 AM
Metapod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arylett Dawnsborough View Post
Oh, I'm here! Ahaha, you finally did it Spoonie. Add me, of course.

The rules are pretty good. The fly-by walls of art posts are pretty much what heavily discouraged me from posting and dying in the last one. I hope this one can be as awesome as the initial thread. :3
Yeah, I shouldn't have delayed it as long as I did.

I'm glad that the rules seem fit. By the way, the rules are always up for input, since it isn't quite right if I'm solely in charge of them. I'm sure OS will be back to its old self in no time.

Thanks for offering do an Art Trade so quickly and I adore the alteration spin you've given it. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zora of Termina View Post
*rides in on a flying motorcycle*

You know I'm in.
And highly, /highly/ glad there's a rule against fly-by art dumps. A person can make their own thread for that. >l
Glad to have you back. <3~
Speaking of art threads, it's surprising that no one's given a link to theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
It's finally back. At last~

As I put forward in some OS related discussion, I'd like to run for threadmin. What does everyone else think of this?

The original OS was awesome. Here's to a fresh start and a good second time round. *raises glass*

Oh, I almost forgot. Sign me up. ;D
I'm still trying to organize how becoming a threadmin will work. Right now, I'll just see who's interested in it and go from there.

-raises glass of grapejuice-

Welcome back, by the way. :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psymon View Post
I'll join. I used to hang around the old thread but I never joined, so I might as well this time. :V

I'm not exactly the best artist, but I enjoy drawing. Mostly Pokemon stuff but I do a bit of other stuff sometimes.
It's great to have you finally join. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Like Kai said, it'd be great to see some of your artwork. I don't believe I've seen it before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice the Frosty Cat View Post
I, for one, am glad to see this group back. Not to mention in its rightful place too. It didn't belong in the Artist's lounge D:
Goodness though, I was only starting out with my drawing when I first joined. The distance I've come since then is unbelieveable :o

So, evidentally, I'm in~
Yeah, the Artist's Lounge wasn't the best fit. It'll probably still be used it for DraMo and other events, though.
It's really amazing how much people improve when they practice. It's pretty cool when artists redo an old picture.

Also, welcome back. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoise View Post
Joining, maybe?

I'm here to repent for my drive-by that one time that you all totally remember and that I am ashamed about.

I don't do much digital art (best thing so far) but hopefully this place will motivate me to change that! I'll get some of my actually decent traditional stuff up when I find my camera.
Just a heads up, I've added you to the memberlist.

Don't feel bad about that; you're definitely not the only one who art dumped. D:

I'll comment on your picture tomorrow. I don't have a lot of time at the moment, but I'm looking foward to it. :3 Also, I'm hoping you find your camera soon, so I can see how nice your traditional art looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Linoone View Post
ITS BAAAAACK~

Rejoining, of course. I'll start off with a little inspirational speech. Or something.

You know, OS is the reason I started drawing humans. Back in the days, I never tried to draw humans because I sucked and felt bad for drawing people because I felt like I was disgracing the original creator of said human character. Then the OS came along and... stuff happened. I dunno. The grouppics were great motivations for me to draw things. I still suck but I'm getting better!

So. This club is actually useful and stuff! Yay!

Please excuse me while I go work on my OS comic-thing.
Linoone's back! :D

I have a stupid grin on my face because of that speech and it's great that this club helped you out.

I really need to get my behind over to your thread; I've read some of your comics and they always put a smile on my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawile View Post
Joining~
I have tons of doodles, but I can't hook up the scanner to my computer.
I'll try to get stuff uploaded, though.
Glad to have you. <3~

I'd love to see some of your doodles, so hopefully you get your scanner working. (You can always use a camera, though the quality isn't the greatest.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhaladie View Post
Hello! I think I joined the original OS... but I am exceptionally bad at keeping up with things and staying active. And I was probably one of the fly-by art dump offenders. Whoops. I will try to do better! Good timing on this group being remade, too, because I've been drawing more lately and seem to have inexplicably improved a little since the last time I was drawing regularly. Pleasant surprise, I guess. Not to say that anything I've been drawing lately is particularly brilliant... just better than it used to be. :P

But yeah! Cool beans. Sign me up~
Mhals, I haven't seen you in forevers. I think remember you being a member, and I definitely remember your art thread. I haven't seen your artwork in a while, but you always had cool stuff, like pi rabbit and such.
Welcome back. <3~
Old 08-03-2010, 01:30 PM

Pronoun: they
Minish has disabled reputation

I'll join! I think I remember possibly joining the old thread, but it was so long and popular that I was a bit intimidated at actually joining in with anything. XD; But hopefully I'll stay active here!

I do love to draw! Even though I'm a complete amateur and know pretty much nothing about shading, colouring... yeah, my drawing is pretty much confined to random scribbly doodles I do, which are generally fandom-related. But I would love to do some art trades if you guys don't mind my crappiness, I want to improve! :D

S'yeah, hey guys!

Last edited by Minish; 08-03-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:06 PM
like electricity

Mhaladie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Mhaladie

Cirrus, I've kind of had a hankering to do an art trade! So like. We should do one. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO DRAW FOR YOU~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
Mhals, I haven't seen you in forevers. I think remember you being a member, and I definitely remember your art thread. I haven't seen your artwork in a while, but you always had cool stuff, like pi rabbit and such.
Welcome back. <3~
Thank you! I'm really glad you remade this thread, because I'd been hanging around TCoD more regularly lately, but mostly lurking... and the return of the OS was sort of the kick I needed to come out of the woodwork.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:29 PM

Pronoun: they
Minish has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhaladie View Post
Cirrus, I've kind of had a hankering to do an art trade! So like. We should do one. WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO DRAW FOR YOU~
Ah! Yay! ^w^ ...I really have no idea though! Um... well, since we both like AA, could you draw Lana (my favourite character <3) doing something silly? I've looked at your art thread (which is awesome by the way! You're so good at doing shading and clothing folds!) and I couldn't find a Lana picture, so yeah.

And what would you like me to draw for you? :D