The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Pokémon > Pokémon Video Games > Upcoming Games

Notices

Old 06-29-2008, 03:32 AM
Yes We Can!! Obama Wins!

Pronoun: Male
Kabigon is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Kabigon
Default Re: Gold & Silver Remake Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox McCloud View Post
Man. GSC remake. Problem is, would the do the Suicune Event from Crystal or follow the other two... Eusine was kewl. I evod my Typhlosion when battling him. And non-event Ho-oh and Lugia. Darn it, we NEED that. And Celebi. Real event Celebi. And the radio. And the Ruins Puzzles. And all around betterness. Also... what about revealing the truth about Rival? I mean, come on. Fr/Lg: "Giovanni's kid has red hair." Yeah. COME ON, FOOLS. I mean, that could be a plot line. xD
I only played Crystal once in my entire lifetime. Think I'm going to download a ROM.

Quote:
I don't care what they do, as long as they don't screw up the music when they remix it.
If they did, all sense of nostalgia would disappear...
In Firered and Leafgreen on the Sevii Islands, they did the music well enough that I could tell where it was coming from. Come on, Pokemon is no fun without those games. I want to use those cool balls and get frigging angry at myself when I wait a full day. Heavy Ball and Fast ball owned. I want to actually get a legit Lugia too man. All in all, I'm definately getting the Silver version. 'Twas my first game and I loved it along with lugia. I still have it but the battery doesn't work.
Quote:
I just have one thing to say... What the HELL are you talking about!?!?
Old 06-29-2008, 01:23 PM
will be the prettiest little girl since Zac Efron.

EvilCrazyMonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to EvilCrazyMonkey

I hope they leave in the fact that you'll be able to get both Ho-oh and Lugia in one game.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Butterfree

Pronoun: any
Shiny Grimer is an unknown quantity at this point

I HATE THE RUNNING BEASTS

I WANT TO SLAP WHOEVER PUT THEM IN

Crystal has a lot more stuff in it than Gold/Silver, like the Battle Tower, Buena's Password, and the Odd Egg. You can't say you don't like it just because of one Pokemon being easier to catch. Oh no, I can't spend 5 hours running after a Pokemon with a level 40 Golbat I spent 5 hours training to get mean look! The game is ruined. Ruined, I tell you!

Also, if you like difficulty, let's talk about Ho-oh in Crystal. You have to catch all three beasts and then do that boring maze thing. Uh-uh.

They better not mess up the beautiful music. I didn't like the orchestrated battle music in D/P - give me synth-filled Ecruteak City any day of the week (even wednesday).
Old 06-30-2008, 02:52 AM
YAY! NEW AVATAR! :D

Icalasari is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCrazyMonkey View Post
I saw the thread on the old forums but thought it was the way he said it for some odd reason. And I remember an argument over it ._.
Had to do with Burned Tower, Tin Tower, Lugia, and Ho-oh...

My Girlfriend's Pokemon. Click them or else I will murder you with a rusty spork

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Wow, I can't believe... XD This guy is a moron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posted by Tora
You can blame ignorance. If you don't know something, then how do you know that you don't know it?

Old 06-30-2008, 11:36 PM
will be the prettiest little girl since Zac Efron.

EvilCrazyMonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to EvilCrazyMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icalasari View Post
Had to do with Burned Tower, Tin Tower, Lugia, and Ho-oh...
Okie-dokie, Cap'n artichokie.

Anyway, they're probably not going to use any Crystal things in the game besides the Battle Tower. They didn't use Yellow elements in FR/LG, so I doubt the G/S remake would have Crystal in it. Though they might have a new plot after the Elite 4 ŕ la the Sevii Islands in FR/LG.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:47 PM
Metagross is smrterer than you.

Tai-niichan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Tai-niichan Send a message via Yahoo to Tai-niichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ... View Post
I HATE THE RUNNING BEASTS

I WANT TO SLAP WHOEVER PUT THEM IN

Crystal has a lot more stuff in it than Gold/Silver, like the Battle Tower, Buena's Password, and the Odd Egg. You can't say you don't like it just because of one Pokemon being easier to catch. Oh no, I can't spend 5 hours running after a Pokemon with a level 40 Golbat I spent 5 hours training to get mean look! The game is ruined. Ruined, I tell you!

Also, if you like difficulty, let's talk about Ho-oh in Crystal. You have to catch all three beasts and then do that boring maze thing. Uh-uh.

They better not mess up the beautiful music. I didn't like the orchestrated battle music in D/P - give me synth-filled Ecruteak City any day of the week (even wednesday).
Hell, yeah. I agree....the only stupid part was that when I finally saw both Entei and Raikou for the 300th time (they always used Roar XD) them I used my Haunter w/Mean Look and Hypnosis caught them on the first try....DX

Crystal needs to make a comeback with better features....
Old 07-01-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ... View Post
QFT. Although some orchestrated songs are great (Battle with Cynthia = EPIC), if they do it to a gsc remake, well, either they make it epic or I WILL TRACK THEM DOWN AND MURDER THEM!!!

I actually have the song for Relaxation Square on my I-Pod. So lovely...

My Girlfriend's Pokemon. Click them or else I will murder you with a rusty spork

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posted by Tora
You can blame ignorance. If you don't know something, then how do you know that you don't know it?

Old 07-01-2008, 08:24 PM
V.2.2

Pronoun: Call me 'It'
The Suicune is an unknown quantity at this point

Only if they just import it and Crystal aswell.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Keyblades kick a$$

Pronoun: Female
Amaguq is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to see them update the graphics, but without changing routes or any of the cities or towns. They should leave the plot alone, but they should use some of the newer pokemon with the gyms and maybe let them be in the wild. It would also be nice if this became a multi-region game including all the regions. I hope they will let you connect with D/P earlier on in the game instead of only at the end. And they should have Palpark or something.
Old 07-05-2008, 04:56 AM
So I heard you like my avatar.

bobbyjkl is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to bobbyjkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by !zZagoon View Post
I think there should be like an Orange Islands section of the game after you complete the main storyline, like how Battle Frontier is for Emerald. That would be really awesome.
Or, umm, Kanto. Like in the originals.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Egg

Iveechan is an unknown quantity at this point

Some of these ideas may have been repeats...

1- Replace headbutt trees with honey trees, BUT make the time for a Pokemon to arrive much, much shorter. 6 hours is too long. Maybe it can depend on steps like egg hatching, and the honey lasts for 24 hours.

2- Pokemon relocation. Houndour replaces Girafarig at Lake of Rage at night. Murkrow replaces Farfetch'd on the route west of Ecruteak at night. Slugma is in Burned Tower. I like the idea of Misdreavus in Dark Cave. Larvitar in Mt. Mortar, but in a similar place to Tyrogue where Waterfall is needed. If not that then Victory Road.

3- Keep evolutions/babies of 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon in the "Johto Dex". I really hate how Firered/Leafgreen made you wait til Nat'l dex to get newer evolutions. New Leafeon location is in Azalea woods or whatever it's called, new Glaceon location is in Ice Path. Some evolution items are found late game.

4- Things to keep from Crystal: Buena's password, Battle Tower, Odd Egg, Phone Call evolution stones, Growlithe found before the first gym (really, I loved having an early game Fire Type, make Vulpix this early too for the Silver equivalent). Eusine is neat but he'd have to change a lot to fit a plot that doesn't focus on Suicune.

5- Raise levels of wild Pokemon and ingame trainers. Change some gym leader rosters, especially Morty's (Misdreavus!).
Old 07-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Tragically unbeyachted.

Pronoun: She
Dannichu is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iveechan View Post
5- Raise levels of wild Pokemon and ingame trainers. Change some gym leader rosters, especially Morty's (Misdreavus!).
God yes. It was so irritating to have the highest E4 member's Pokemon only be level 50. It was easier to train if you Mystery Gifted (they should totally bring that back, too) with a decent team so you could battle yourself in Viridian, or could play the game in triple speed on Stadium 2, but it was just mean otherwise.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:59 PM
I am the man who arranges the blocks.

Pronoun: they/her/hers
Meursault is an unknown quantity at this point

To anyone who's complaining about the Leaders' and E4's levels, they were probably like that because the E4 was only the half way point- you still had 8 more leaders to go through plus Red, who had Pokémon at/around 70 iirc.

That said, they could at least bring Falkner's Pokémon up some. Seriously, a level 9 Pidgeotto?
Old 07-10-2008, 02:27 AM

X3 Should have been a Pidgey at that level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokegym, Followed a link from Smogon
Block Serebii if you want your kids raised with a positive IQ.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:52 AM
~dance~

Pronoun: she
Erika is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Erika

Weren't they his dad's Pokemon? His dad force evolved~

"Losing leaves a bitter aftertaste... But knowing that there are strong Trainers spurs me to do better..."
Old 07-17-2008, 04:24 PM
The master of EVIL!

Typhloise is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anybody remember when someone spread the rumer that Nintendo were creating Gold and Silver remakes?
Old 07-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Mage of Blood

Mewtwo is an unknown quantity at this point

no,not at all!I heard about Pokemon right when R/S/E came out.

Still love me? Find me more easily on my twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfree View Post
The forum got herpes when I wasn't looking? >:/

I guess it was hooking up with Serebii again. Goddamn it.

Skiyomi of SerebiiForums for the Espeons.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Kelp is good! Yum yum!

Pronoun: he
Pikachu is an unknown quantity at this point

id love to have a gold silver remake. they were classics!!!

Nooby Pikachu, tsk tsk.

Here is the edited version: I'd love to have a Gold/Silver remake. They were classic.

Last edited by Pikachu; 05-08-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Still loves Joltik, though!

Butterfree is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Butterfree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
To anyone who's complaining about the Leaders' and E4's levels, they were probably like that because the E4 was only the half way point- you still had 8 more leaders to go through plus Red, who had Pokémon at/around 70 iirc.
Well, the first Kanto Gym leaders had Pokémon in the thirties. They were a joke. Red was a sudden jump from the fifties (Blue) to the late seventies.
Award-winning Icelandic BDSM techno-punk performance art group Hatari, who participated in Eurovision 2019 for Iceland. They must be seen to be believed. You can see a sample of their Eurovision entry and some of them being them as featured on Last Week Tonight here.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Caterpie

Psyburn is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iveechan View Post
Some of these ideas may have been repeats...

1- Replace headbutt trees with honey trees, BUT make the time for a Pokemon to arrive much, much shorter. 6 hours is too long. Maybe it can depend on steps like egg hatching, and the honey lasts for 24 hours.
Jesus Christ No...keep headbutting.

2- Pokemon relocation. Houndour replaces Girafarig at Lake of Rage at night. Murkrow replaces Farfetch'd on the route west of Ecruteak at night. Slugma is in Burned Tower. I like the idea of Misdreavus in Dark Cave. Larvitar in Mt. Mortar, but in a similar place to Tyrogue where Waterfall is needed. If not that then Victory Road.

3- Keep evolutions/babies of 1st and 2nd gen Pokemon in the "Johto Dex". I really hate how Firered/Leafgreen made you wait til Nat'l dex to get newer evolutions. New Leafeon location is in Azalea woods or whatever it's called, new Glaceon location is in Ice Path. Some evolution items are found late game.
I can see that working

4- Things to keep from Crystal: Buena's password, Battle Tower, Odd Egg, Phone Call evolution stones, Growlithe found before the first gym (really, I loved having an early game Fire Type, make Vulpix this early too for the Silver equivalent). Eusine is neat but he'd have to change a lot to fit a plot that doesn't focus on Suicune.
They can keep the plot of Suicune in the games. He'd just need a bigger plot than to just challenge the player for Suicune's respect.

Meh...I kinda liked how the levels were set up. They could let us rechallenge them at their turfs with higher levels after you beat the E4