The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Pokémon > Pokémon Video Games > Upcoming Games

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you think there will be Generation V?
Yes 119 90.84%
No 12 9.16%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Careful fighting the monsters, lest you become one

Pronoun: Male
Glacedon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is there going to be a Generation V?

Shinx is a kitten, than Luxio is a miniature lion like thing, than luxray........wellllll, it does'nt look like a lion, more or less like a bear that crawls on fours all the time. But they will make a lion, hopefully. Oh, if they do make a lion, make lit like an eevee, where it changes into differnet types, so its a kitten at first, but changes as you train it with stones or times or areas!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:03 AM
(laughs)

Pronoun: She
Worst Username Ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Tyranitar View Post
They haven't even made a tiger Pokémon yet.
Raikou?

My webcomic, Consolers. It's about game companies

Old 07-09-2008, 04:31 PM
I SWEAR I WILL GET ACTIVE AGAIN

Pronoun: She
Shadowstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadowstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Involuntary Twitch
Arceus is the creator of the universe and the god of all Pokemon. I will HATE Gamefreak if they make anything stronger than him. <<

That being said, there's no reason they can't create more legendary Pokemon by zooming in more on the world of Pokemon rather than getting larger-scale. Instead of making the Pokemon that created Arceus and/or Arceus' evil parallel (something I hate seeing even more), make a specialized region with Pokemon that control, say, continental shift, or the weather for a specific area. Or stop making legendaries altogether, and reuse some of the old ones instead.

...Funny, actually, I had a dream about the fifth gen last night. Included was a Magikarp evolution that was a whale and, for some reason, Pokemon mixes. Don't you guys think it was about time Gamefreak included mixes in? Like, some organization that mutates Pokemon or whatever, or a sudden mutation outbreak. :P (Awesome award to anyone that gets the reference.)
Woot! Pokemorphs! I got and idea for a fifth generation game just from that! Exept the poke-morph thing is, in my opinion, the otherway around.(Go my OC!(An Articuno Pokemorph named Neptune)) Yeah, with fans spawning all these ideas, tthey're gonna have to make a fifth generation even if their brains are dead.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Anything but unremarkable

Pronoun: he
Zeph is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacedon View Post
Shinx is a kitten, than Luxio is a miniature lion like thing, than luxray........wellllll, it does'nt look like a lion, more or less like a bear that crawls on fours all the time. But they will make a lion, hopefully. Oh, if they do make a lion, make lit like an eevee, where it changes into differnet types, so its a kitten at first, but changes as you train it with stones or times or areas!
But it is a lion. It's meant to be, at least. I can't see a 'miniature lion thing' growing to be a 'bear that crawls on fours all the time'...

Shinx = Lion cub, Luxio = Adolescent lion, Lucray = Adult Lion.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:21 AM
Would you like to make a contract?

Storm, Earth, and Fire is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Storm, Earth, and Fire Send a message via AIM to Storm, Earth, and Fire Send a message via MSN to Storm, Earth, and Fire Send a message via Skype™ to Storm, Earth, and Fire

Is anyone else vaguely paranoid that they are slumming around the internet about ready to snatch fan-made Pokemon for use in the next generations?
Old 07-10-2008, 04:02 AM
will be the prettiest little girl since Zac Efron.

EvilCrazyMonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to EvilCrazyMonkey

^they should do that because it's cheaper and it's a practically endless source; by the time the next generation will have come, there will be hundreds of more fakemon.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:10 PM
< Is friggin' awesome.

Gooberdued is an unknown quantity at this point

WPM's interview already confirmed more generations, so this thread is kind of pointless...

And besides people, THERE IS NOTHING TO SAY THAT ARCEUS IS A GOD. Creator of the universe does not necessarily entail god-like powers (strike anyone down with a lightning bolt, etc.)
Old 07-11-2008, 09:57 PM
I want the earth to spin in the opposite direction

Pronoun: Female
Involuntary Twitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooberdued View Post
And besides people, THERE IS NOTHING TO SAY THAT ARCEUS IS A GOD. Creator of the universe does not necessarily entail god-like powers (strike anyone down with a lightning bolt, etc.)
...Except for, perhaps, having the highest stat total of all Pokemon, being able to be all types, and having the insanely powerful, also-all-typed Judgment attack? Arceus is a Pokemon god if I ever saw one.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:35 AM
< Is friggin' awesome.

Gooberdued is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Involuntary Twitch View Post
...Except for, perhaps, having the highest stat total of all Pokemon, being able to be all types, and having the insanely powerful, also-all-typed Judgment attack? Arceus is a Pokemon god if I ever saw one.
You could have said that about Mewtwo in the first gen. :/

Strength =/= god.

The only people who have ever said Arceus was a god were the fans, neither GF nor Nintendo ever said the word "god."
Old 07-12-2008, 03:00 AM
Honey, please don't eat the rancid dung.

Drifloon Rocks is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that as long as they keep making money, they'll keep making more generations. I don't think that the concept of a Pokemon will prevent them from making another one.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Butterfree

Pronoun: any
Shiny Grimer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by link008 View Post
Is anyone else vaguely paranoid that they are slumming around the internet about ready to snatch fan-made Pokemon for use in the next generations?
Hasn't Nintendo said that they don't want people sending them ideas because they won't own the copyright to those ideas? I'm pretty sure the same thing applies here. Don't worry - as of now, fan Pokemon will remain only in the minds of the fans. :P

And duh, there will be a Generation V. *watch there NOT be a fifth generation and future Pokemon fans will laugh at the certainty of this post*

Also, the fact that people can't tell that the Shinx line is supposed to be based off lions means we need a new Lion pokemon.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Fwee!

Vrai Espoir is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Vrai Espoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by ... View Post
And duh, there will be a Generation V. *watch there NOT be a fifth generation and future Pokemon fans will laugh at the certainty of this post*
If there's no Generation V, would there still be future fans left?

Click here to give me an item!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:44 PM
Don't make him angry

jdb1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Unless there's some drastic change (and a few new pokemon isn't a drastic change), then I think Gen 4 will be it for me.

Join Neopets, where you can take care of a neopet, play games, chat with other users, participate in plots, and even fight in the battledome. So join, and see how fun virtual pet sites can be all over again

Old 07-15-2008, 02:07 PM
will be away August 8 - August 23

Belmont is an unknown quantity at this point

Smae here, I don't even think I will be buying Platinum when it comes out.

Mah Alucard sprite
<~~~~~ My first sprite in two years and it acually dosn't look half bad.

Credit to Dutch from Digik.net for avvie
Old 07-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Devourer of Sandshrews

Pronoun: The Flygon
Kali the Flygon is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Kali the Flygon Send a message via Skype™ to Kali the Flygon

While there is still money to be made by doing so, there will be more Pokémon ;)
Old 07-19-2008, 02:42 AM
Metapod

Tropiking is an unknown quantity at this point

It's quite obvious that there will be a Generation V. The question is do I want a Generation V? I'm kind of split. I mean, when I first saw Generation IV's Pokemon, I hated every single one of them. But later on I starting liking a few and then the entire Generation... Except Bidoof and Bibarel... *Sharpens steak knives* Anyway, I will begin hating every new generation at first and then liking it later on.

Mew's Last Chance: Chapter 3 - Just started

Also, to all spriters, check out TCoD's very own weekly spriting contest (WSC) in the Sprites and Pixel Art section.

It seems I've won a few awards.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:47 AM
Egg

Sanctum101 is an unknown quantity at this point

/agree with Tropiking.

Even though I don't like the new pokemon at first, im usually going to end up liking them eventually. Though it is unlikely I will buy any new pokemon games.

(That is exactly what I said with the release of Diamond and Pearl...lo and behold I have Pearl now.)
Old 07-20-2008, 12:15 AM
Replicaaa!

Blaziking the God General is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Blaziking the God General

I think that there should be a way to save your game in the middle of a battle. I had this idea for a few years ago for a Pokemon with an ability called "Screensaver" which allows you to save the game during battles if you have the Pokemon in your party.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:53 AM
Wake me up before you Gogoat

Pronoun: he
Abwayax is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos Aurion View Post
They are numbered in the order they were discovered. Just because Mew/Arceus/Whatever was the last one the "scientists found" doesn't mean that Mew didn't spawn off more stuff/Arceus didn't create more. That would just mean that the new discoveries were "found" after their creators. It's as simple as that.
Incorrect. The numbering has no explanation in canon and is just how the game devs decided to order them, and (un?)written rule dictates that each generation is starters first, any number of pokemon in between, and then ubers and legends at the end. This pattern, with little to minor variation, repeats itself four times and will most likely continue; if it was just "this is the order in which scientists found them" then it wouldn't be so... patterned. The devs made sure related pokemon were grouped accordingly, and not just evolutions; the new babies of each generation are usually grouped together, starters, legends...

Another thing to consider is that Mew is listed after Mewtwo; if it was in order of discovery/creation this would be the other way around, they can't create Mewtwo before discovering Mew

G/S/C is stated (I believe) to have taken place 3 years after R/B/Y. So according to this logic, none of the generation 2 pokemon were known previous to G/S/C, and in the 3 years between the generations the scientists were hard at work discovering them for the first time. So were the guys in Johto just oblivious to these 100 pokemon just running/flying/swimming around all this time? I mean, obviously they just didn't pop up out of nowhere in the meantime; they were obviously around, in canon, as long as the other generation pokemon were (around enough to have ancient myths about them, at least). So it takes pokemon scientists that long to discover something as common as Sentret (which every Joe Bob Random in Johto should know about), which doesn't match with the high-tech (more than ours at least) world they live in.

Each successive generation effectively retcons the previous ones, so at this point there are 493 pokemon, so in the pokemon canon there have always been 493.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:01 AM
beep beep coming through

Pronoun: Any
Kratos Aurion is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a fair point, and I will admit that it does contradict something I've stated elsewhere; I take it back, for the most part. Whether or not the number order is important, though, the point I was trying to make is that just because Arceus is currently last doesn't mean that there can't ever be anything else. Whether it was found last or the numbering is arbitrary, 493 is not the end-all be-all and they can certainly make another generation. However they want to explain it. Or not explain it, as the case may be.