The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Pokémon > Pokémon Video Games > 3D Console Games

Notices

Old 09-23-2010, 02:00 AM
One of Many Faces

Pronoun: Male
Kapton Jack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 5th Generation Console Game?

Having played Black through the 5th gym, I seem to be asking if 5th Gen. needs a console game. The massive amount of 3D, amazing story and it's use of cut scenes. So, what do you think?
I think that Pokemon needs to revisit the region of Orre. Spice the game up with a bunch of new graphics and music. Make the PokeSpots have 5ht gen Pokemon. Since it would be a Wii game, then you could connect to the dream world, and transfer to your Black or White version.

GENERATION 32: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Fire emblem is great

Pronoun: He
Superbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Superbird
Default Re: 5th Generation Console Game?

Maybe they'd actually add routes between locations this time. Joy.

If I'm reffing your ASB battle, you can find my reffing scale in this document. Mostly it involves details on stat modifications and status conditions, as well as my interpretation of the damage formula, other clarifications regarding the specifics of certain attacks.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Companion Cube

[O] is an unknown quantity at this point

That would be intense. If you could encounter (3D) wild Pokemon while traveling through routes, and then if you got too close you would get into a battle, unless the Pokemon's ability was Run Away or something.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:26 PM
My name is...

Lupine Volt is an unknown quantity at this point

Yah...maybe.

However, I'd think we should move away from Orre in this one. Just saying.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Still loves Joltik, though!

Pronoun: she
Butterfree is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Butterfree

I don't care if it takes place in Orre, but personally I found PokéSpots really annoying. If there are going to be wild Pokémon, make them jump out of nowhere when you walk through tall grass, thank you very much.

But yeah, I'd love a story-based console game for the fifth gen.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:22 PM
beep beep coming through

Pronoun: Any
Kratos Aurion is an unknown quantity at this point

If they do revisit Orre in any game, what I'd like to know is why all the pokémon went missing and the region became barren in the first place. (It would probably stomp all over my fanfic idea, but still.) I don't think that was ever properly explained. Maybe some fifth-gen pokémon used to be native to it, for example? Granted Isshu is supposed to be /really far away/, but hey, Orre isn't exactly close to the other regions either, iirc... and relatively speaking, Arizona isn't that far from New York, right? :D

Or whatever, I don't know. That's all I can think of for them to do in Orre as of now, save for more "oh noes, Cipher is back again! D:".
Old 04-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Say Hello to a very special guy...

Pronoun: Dude...I think
BlackTitress is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine Volt View Post
Yah...maybe.

However, I'd think we should move away from Orre in this one. Just saying.
I second that statement. Also, the Shadow Pokemon aspect never really appealed to me.

Pokemon White Friend Code:3396 2858 9847

"۞ A day without laughter is a day wasted." -Charlie Chaplin ۞
Old 04-23-2011, 01:44 AM
Fesh Pince of Blair

Professor Wesker is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't mind, as long as we get to see Miror B. again. That guy is awesome.

I've been writing fanfiction if anyone cares to read it.https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4816427/TheSlimyOne
Old 04-23-2011, 02:04 AM
Fire emblem is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mah Boi View Post
I wouldn't mind, as long as we get to see Miror B. again. That guy is awesome.
With even more new and awesome battle music.

Yes. This should totally happen, like colosseum and XD—NOT like Battle Revolution.

If I'm reffing your ASB battle, you can find my reffing scale in this document. Mostly it involves details on stat modifications and status conditions, as well as my interpretation of the damage formula, other clarifications regarding the specifics of certain attacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Showdown VGC
[02:22:35] +Superbird: ok seriously tho can I get some opinions on modern art
[02:22:42] +Superbird: its important
[02:23:18] @amr97: Modern art includes artistic works produced during the period extending roughly from the 1860s to the 1970s, and denotes the style and philosophy of the art produced during that era.
[02:23:20] @amr97: The term is usually associated with art in which the traditions of the past have been thrown aside in a spirit of experimentation.
[02:24:26] +Superbird: opinions, amr97, not definitions
[02:24:49] @amr97: oh
[02:24:52] @amr97: i don't get it
[02:24:56] @amr97: is my opinion
[02:25:04] +Superbird: oh ffs
[02:25:28] +Superbird: maybe i should give up and try a different room
[02:25:32] @amr97: probably tbh
[02:26:19] @SamVGC: i think this chatroom
[02:26:22] @SamVGC: is an art form
[02:26:26] @Dog-for-Dinner: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Opinions+on+Modern+Art
[02:26:47] +Superbird: dong-for-dinner that is not a thing to be goggled
[02:26:50] +Superbird: *dog
[02:26:51] +Superbird: *google
[02:27:02] @amr97: dong-for-dinner lmao
[02:27:07] @amr97: that had to be intentional
[02:27:18] +Superbird: 100% wasn't
[02:27:28] +Superbird: i'm so used to typing dingram's name that
[02:27:45] +Superbird: anything starting with the same first letter
[02:28:17] @Dog-for-Dinner: why is it not a thing to be googled
[02:28:23] @Dog-for-Dinner: google is the story of my high school
[02:28:33] +Superbird: you dont google opinions
[02:28:36] +Superbird: you google facts
[02:28:52] @Dog-for-Dinner: seems like a science student is trying to study humanities
[02:28:56] @Dog-for-Dinner: and is having a hard time
[02:29:00] +Superbird: ^
Old 04-23-2011, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator

Pronoun: She
Aisling is an unknown quantity at this point

I was never really interested in Orre's storyline... Why can't they just make another Pokemon Stadium thing that isn't lame like Battle Revolution was? :[ Would it be that difficult? I miss the minigames and other side-amusements, and not needing to have level 100 stuff on a cartridge if you want to use something besides the shitty preset teams (IIRC in PBR you could only pick preset teams of like, halfway-evolved stuff and it sucked- the Stadium rentals kinda sucked too but at least you got to pick what your team consisted of!)... you could just jump right in and still have fun even if you didn't have an uber-awesome team on your handheld games to import over. The only thing I liked about PBR was having your own trainer thing you could customize, but seeing as battling and earning the points was really annoying, it was really difficult to customize it very much, and that's not even going into how limited the options were to begin with.

tl;dr All the console games have been eh since Stadium 2 and it's like they go out of their way to make them so

Last edited by Aisling; 04-23-2011 at 05:46 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:41 AM
Eats Luftwaffles for Breakfast

Pronoun: It
Sesquipedalian! is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Sesquipedalian! Send a message via Skype™ to Sesquipedalian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos Aurion View Post
If they do revisit Orre in any game, what I'd like to know is why all the pokémon went missing and the region became barren in the first place.
This holds rather interesting potential. Well-written backstory is always quite interesting to experience, and with writing improvements as we have noticed in Black and White one may be quite certain that this potential scenario may be that of a rather lovely one.

As for the aforementioned comments on routes, I am also a supporter of such on the condition of being a region separate from Orre - in my personal opinion, wide expanses of desert, though beautiful in themselves, may become a tad uneventful with a direct lack of wild Pokemon. Unless, of course, this fact is remedied some how.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:38 AM
Stalkin' yo profile page

Pronoun: The/Your Awesomeness
Deitatus is an unknown quantity at this point

Everybody is talking about Gen III remakes, are they not? Which generation is Orre from? Yup, III. It would be cool if they simply made it possible to visit Orre. Years after the events of XD. Enough so pokemon are blossoming in my areas. There is enough room on a DS cartridge for two regions. Possibly if they remake Ruby/Sapphire, after the main story, you can visit Orre?
This is a Console discussion, so I shouldn't be talking about DS games though ;n;.
What I would LOVE to see though is not a sequel, but a prequel (Most likely NOT to happen, but would be awesome.)

Deus
2494 4583 5057
Old 05-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Fire emblem is great

In response to the above: Orre is...different. I don't see the Pokémon company putting that one in 2D. However, there is a chance there will be a remake or similar. Personally, though, I don't see what more they can do with Orre if they were to make a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Showdown VGC
[23:53:13] +0riginalTrainer: This is a direct result of the patriarchy.
[23:53:51] +J.D.Deuce: feminism is awesome
[23:53:52] +Viscereal: uh please address me by my pronouns
[23:53:59] +Viscereal: loom/looms/loomself
[23:54:35] +0riginalTrainer: You white male cis scum, check you privilege. No matter how many documents you throw in front of me, the wage gap is real.
[23:54:58] +J.D.Deuce: you've been warned lol
[23:55:14] +B1SHARP: So you believe that fathers deserve the same leave after they have an at home newborn as mothers?
[23:55:40] +0riginalTrainer: So you believe that women should be drafted too?
[23:55:45] +B1SHARP: Yes
[23:55:45] +Viscereal: yes, when they have a baby shove itself through their dick they can get work off
[23:55:47] +Takron Galtos: I'd settle just for at-home leave actually be guarunteed without penalties for mothers.
[23:55:51] +Superbird: you know what we need right now
[23:55:53] +Takron Galtos: That's not even standard yet.
[23:56:00] +0riginalTrainer: What I hate about feminism is that it turns a lot of male issues into female issues, then calls it feminism.
[23:56:02] +Viscereal: challenge cup round robin?
[23:56:03] +Superbird: a tourney to distract everyone from controvertial discussion
[23:56:03] @amr97: another tournament
[23:56:06] @amr97: hurry hurry
[23:56:08] +Superbird: NAILED IT
[23:56:11] +KillerOrcas: woah there what happened here
Battle Spot Doubles (VGC 2015) Single Elimination Tournament created.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Moumantai, moumantai

Pronoun: She
voltianqueen is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't even like Orre that much. I would like to see a new Pokemon rpg console game, but I'd rather it not be Orre or shadow Pokemon or Pokespots or anything. I loved the music in Colosseum, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alraune View Post
I was never really interested in Orre's storyline... Why can't they just make another Pokemon Stadium thing that isn't lame like Battle Revolution was? :[ Would it be that difficult? I miss the minigames and other side-amusements, and not needing to have level 100 stuff on a cartridge if you want to use something besides the shitty preset teams (IIRC in PBR you could only pick preset teams of like, halfway-evolved stuff and it sucked- the Stadium rentals kinda sucked too but at least you got to pick what your team consisted of!)... you could just jump right in and still have fun even if you didn't have an uber-awesome team on your handheld games to import over. The only thing I liked about PBR was having your own trainer thing you could customize, but seeing as battling and earning the points was really annoying, it was really difficult to customize it very much, and that's not even going into how limited the options were to begin with.

tl;dr All the console games have been eh since Stadium 2 and it's like they go out of their way to make them so
^Yes. I miss the Stadium stuff, it was really fun (and really hard)! Online battles were my favorite part of PBR, so having a Stadium-like game for 5th gen with minigames and wifi and stuff would be lovely :D

I guess it was hooking up with Serebii again. Goddamn it.