The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Pokémon > Pokémon Video Games > 3D Console Games

Notices

View Poll Results: Well?
I totally want a new one! 37 53.62%
I guess I do. 15 21.74%
I don't want a sequel. 2 2.90%
Hell no. Orre sucked! 0 0%
I'm neutral. 3 4.35%
Ponies and unicorns! 12 17.39%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Virile God-Snake Tower of Masculinity

Pronoun: He
Karkat Vantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Karkat Vantas Send a message via Skype™ to Karkat Vantas
Default Should Pokemon Revisit Orre?

See title.

I've been thinking about htis recently. Would you want a sequel to XD with Sinnoh Pokemon?

Personally, I think that the idea behind these games was brilliant, but the execution leaved a lot to be desired. It would be nice if you could catch wild Pokemon (really weak ones, of course) and leave the rarer ones to be snagged.

ALL I SEE IS BLOOD
Old 09-30-2009, 10:54 PM
Banned

Pronoun: she
blazheirio889 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Should Pokemon Revisit Orre?

I loved XD, so I'm totally for it. Of course, a few tweaks would be nice - catching Wild Pokemon, as you said, although I think they should limit the opportunities you get; the game's centered around snagging, after all. The Poke Spots were fine, but it was annoying when you were in the middle of a huge labratory or something, your detector thing starts to beep, and you know there's no way you can get there in time.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Knight of Void

Pronoun: Male
Ven is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Blaz, I love XD (A.K.A happy face). The concept of 'stealing' other people's Pokémon is always fun (even if the Pokémon you steal is evil in concept). Also, I like the fact that they have eevee starters. Also, I want VOICES in the console games. The handheld I can understand, but I prefer voices in console games unless the game play can compensate (IE: LOZ: Twilight Princess).
Old 10-01-2009, 12:17 AM

Send a message via MSN to Karkat Vantas Send a message via Skype™ to Karkat Vantas

They really have to extend on the plot, though. Shadow Lugia is described in the instruction booklet as-- get ready for this incredible description -- "a Shadow Pokemon that suddenly appeared". Yeah.

ALL I SEE IS BLOOD
Old 10-01-2009, 12:44 AM
Banned

Wow, I never noticed that. That's sort of... anticlimatic. Agreed, they should really extend on storylines and stuff - in my opinion, the Mystery Dungeon series had the best storylines, and I want to see another Pokemon game with a plot of around that magnitude.

I'm sorta 'eh' on the issue of voices - as far as I know, all the protaganists in Pokemon series were always silent people. Really, really silent.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:20 AM

The protagonists of Pokemon are canonically silent: when your character in PMD gets to speak, its choices are "......." and ".......", and in GSC, (SPOILER) Red doesn't even speak to you. (Not sure if it's really a spoiler or not, but I want to be safe here.)

ALL I SEE IS BLOOD
Old 10-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Banned

Technically in Mystery Dungeon you can speak, but it's still from selected choices. My point was that I don't think voices would be such a good idea, because it might be kinda awkward if everyone but the main character is silent. But that's just me.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:46 AM
Captain Husbando

Flora is on a distinguished road

YesyesyesyesYES. I love Shadow Pokemon to death (and those of you in Shadowy Past may attest to that).
Old 10-02-2009, 07:26 AM
busy dizzy lazy

Negrek is on a distinguished road

I'd be interested in seeing another game set in Orre, whether or not it's in the same vein as the two that have already been done in that region. I'm fairly indifferent to snagging; they might be able to do some cool stuff with it, but I feel that heavy reliance on it made the console games much more linear than the handhelds. Since the ability to explore around and ditch the storyline for a bit is something I really enjoy about the pokémon games, obviously, that wasn't a huge selling point for me.

However, I'd be interested in learning more about the Orre region itself--what its relation is to the other regions, why it experienced such a decline while the others didn't, and so on. So, I'd be interested in seeing another game there, if only on the off-chance that they might explore its concept a bit more. It's the setting I'm interested in, not so much the snagging aspect of the gameplay.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:37 AM
「にがいのは いやだ」って…

Pronoun: they
surskitty is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to surskitty Send a message via MSN to surskitty Send a message via Yahoo to surskitty Send a message via Skype™ to surskitty

Orre was interesting; Pokemon's attempt at being badass was not. Colosseum didn't really ... work. I've never played XD.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:07 AM
Is behind you with a machete

Loco Mocho is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Loco Mocho Send a message via MSN to Loco Mocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by surskitty View Post
Orre was interesting; Pokemon's attempt at being badass was not. Colosseum didn't really ... work. I've never played XD.
XD was a lot less "Badass" than collesum and a more complete game. Im all for a part 3 just expand on the story.

FC's
SSBB:3351-3766-7143
MKW:2407-1196-3795
PBR:08917-3282-3305
More to come!... when i feel like it

ASB Proflie (Inactive)
Old 10-08-2009, 04:13 AM
:V

ultraviolet is on a distinguished road

Ponies and unicorns!
er, I've never played those games so I have no opinion. vov
Old 10-08-2009, 09:13 PM

They need to have wild Pokemon be capturable. Pokespots were a stupid idea, and just snagging makes the game kind of linear. Just being able to walk in the grass and capture something you see would be nice.

Plotwise, though, it might be harder. Cipher's done with, seeing as Greevil's been arrested... maybe somebody from Cipher could try to reform the group?

What I want to see is the option to help Cipher take over the world. Alternate endings where you didn't save the day would be nice to have.

ALL I SEE IS BLOOD
Old 10-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Is behind you with a machete

Loco Mocho is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Loco Mocho Send a message via MSN to Loco Mocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam View Post
They need to have wild Pokemon be capturable. Pokespots were a stupid idea, and just snagging makes the game kind of linear. Just being able to walk in the grass and capture something you see would be nice.

Plotwise, though, it might be harder. Cipher's done with, seeing as Greevil's been arrested... maybe somebody from Cipher could try to reform the group?

What I want to see is the option to help Cipher take over the world. Alternate endings where you didn't save the day would be nice to have.
The qusetion is will ninty do it? They rarely do this stuff.

FC's
SSBB:3351-3766-7143
MKW:2407-1196-3795
PBR:08917-3282-3305
More to come!... when i feel like it

ASB Proflie (Inactive)
Old 10-08-2009, 09:49 PM

True. Honestly, though, having a bad ending would be a pretty good twist. If they want the series to be darker and edgier, they're going to have to do stuff like this if they don't want to be cheesy.

ALL I SEE IS BLOOD
Old 10-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Bracken Horror

Leviathan is an unknown quantity at this point

I just want a Shadow Milotic, or at least a Feebas. :c Anything that'll make it easier to find them.

Quote:
Cipher's had their chance come and go twice already; it's time to had the torch to someone else. Namely Team Snagem, which was little more than an afterthought in Colosseum, and a minor plot point in XD, so if there's another sequel they should have finally gotten back on their feet by that point.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:17 PM
That annoying fat lugia fanboy

Pronoun: Asswipe
EddyOkapi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
True. Honestly, though, having a bad ending would be a pretty good twist. If they want the series to be darker and edgier, they're going to have to do stuff like this if they don't want to be cheesy.
The sad thing is I doubt any pokemon game will ever turn that way, thanks to the companies making the games. They tried doing darker stuff in the Mystery Dungeon series, it failed as they keep retconning any sort of "bad" happening.
I think the farthest we can expect from them is a bittersweet ending but no bad ending... sadly. :/ If they ever do then that'd be a breath of fresh air in pokécandy land.

Otherwise, Orre should be reused, although mayhaps with a new sort of plot other than just the shadow pokemons. They could keep it as some sort of "side quests" or whatever but the novelty value is lost by now. They need bioweapons and splicers now. At least.. spliced shadow pokes. D: Perhaps a bad guy along the lines of Cyrus but without the whole god-like world destroying plot. :I
Yeah I'm picky. :c
Old 10-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Captain Husbando

Flora is on a distinguished road

Quote:
True, but the thing is, for the most part, Orre's a desert; there isn't going to be a plethora of Pokemon running around like there would anywhere else.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:29 AM

Spliced shadow mons = NO. It would take too much effort to do such.

...I can imagine areas where you walk around and search for Pokemon there. Maybe keeping food or something.

ALL I SEE IS BLOOD
Old 10-09-2009, 12:44 AM
bye

Autumn is on a distinguished road

Hey, Phenac City was an oasis. Agate Village was grassy. :V It's not too much of a stretch to think that wild Pokémon could live around those places.

On topic, I never played far enough in Colosseum to get much into the plot, and I've never played XD. I might be more interested if it were a handheld (but then I wish everything was handheld, since I almost never play my N64 or Gamecube), but eh. Revisiting Orre might be cool if they were to expand the plot some, get rid of the holes at the end and maybe even have a negative ending. MD2 may not have had the dark ending we were hoping for (hell, the only negative thing that happens there gets retconned by Sky), but it's a step in the right direction! Maybe Ninty should try to increase the average age of fans. They really can't put that dark of an ending in (like Cipher taking over or whatnot) until too few little kids are playing it for it to matter. MD2, for instance, references death twice: first with the (SPOILER) disappearance of yourself in Grovyle at the end of the main game, then with Darkrai's trying to convince you to commit suicide near the end of the post-plot. But they never actually call it death; to the younger audience it's open to a few interpretations. They could only make it negative once they're sure that the majority of the target audience is old enough to handle it, or else they would end up getting a lot of complaints... or something, I don't really know.