The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Pokémon > Pokémon Video Games > Main Series

Notices

Old 02-12-2009, 07:20 PM
...probably not posting here too much anymore.

FnrrfYgmSchnish has disabled reputation
Default Wi-Fi Mystery Gift events?

After Platinum was released in Japan, they started giving out the items that activate the Darkrai and Shaymin events using the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift option. And of course this is probably how they're going to give out the Arceus event, too, when they finally decide to do it.

I noticed the other day that D/P also has the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift option, though I don't think it's been used at all yet (at least not in the USA.) Do these Wi-Fi event-item giveaways work in the Japanese versions of Diamond and Pearl too, or are they Platinum-only?

Also, has Nintendo made any indication that they're going to be doing Wi-Fi events in other countries besides Japan sometime in the future?
Old 02-14-2009, 06:21 AM
busy dizzy lazy

Negrek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wi-Fi Mystery Gift events?

Quote:
I noticed the other day that D/P also has the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift option, though I don't think it's been used at all yet (at least not in the USA.) Do these Wi-Fi event-item giveaways work in the Japanese versions of Diamond and Pearl too, or are they Platinum-only?
There have been no events for D/P, and you cannot get a Platinum event using D/P of any language.

Quote:
Also, has Nintendo made any indication that they're going to be doing Wi-Fi events in other countries besides Japan sometime in the future?
You can get a wi-fi event in any country, provided you have the game compatible with it. There are currently no wi-fi events planned for games that have been released outside of Japan, but it seems highly likely that there will eventually be events for the English version of Platinum.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:03 AM
...probably not posting here too much anymore.

FnrrfYgmSchnish has disabled reputation

Quote:
There have been no events for D/P, and you cannot get a Platinum event using D/P of any language.
That sucks. What's the point of even having the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift option in D/P if they're never going to use it? The items and events are already programmed into D/P and everything... seems like a huge waste to not use them.

If that's how it's going to work, then I guess I'll probably end up getting Platinum when it comes over here.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:29 AM
busy dizzy lazy

Negrek is on a distinguished road

Well, they might yet use them; certainly nothing's been announced as of now, though.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:55 PM
YAY! NEW AVATAR! :D

Pronoun: Male
Icalasari is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Garbanzo View Post
That sucks. What's the point of even having the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift option in D/P if they're never going to use it? The items and events are already programmed into D/P and everything... seems like a huge waste to not use them.

If that's how it's going to work, then I guess I'll probably end up getting Platinum when it comes over here.
It could have something to do with that glitch that allowed one to get Shaymin and Darkrai. After all, those ones would be difficult to distinguish from the legitimate ones

My Girlfriend's Pokemon. Click them or else I will murder you with a rusty spork

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Wow, I can't believe... XD This guy is a moron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee in MATURE Talk about Sex View Post
this thread is useless without pics