The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Pokémon > Pokémon Video Games > Main Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-12-2009, 07:20 PM
FnrrfYgmSchnish's Avatar
FnrrfYgmSchnish FnrrfYgmSchnish is offline
...probably not posting here too much anymore.
 
Join Date: October 27, 2008
Location: Middle of Nowhere, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 776
FnrrfYgmSchnish has disabled reputation
Default Wi-Fi Mystery Gift events?

After Platinum was released in Japan, they started giving out the items that activate the Darkrai and Shaymin events using the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift option. And of course this is probably how they're going to give out the Arceus event, too, when they finally decide to do it.

I noticed the other day that D/P also has the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift option, though I don't think it's been used at all yet (at least not in the USA.) Do these Wi-Fi event-item giveaways work in the Japanese versions of Diamond and Pearl too, or are they Platinum-only?

Also, has Nintendo made any indication that they're going to be doing Wi-Fi events in other countries besides Japan sometime in the future?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-14-2009, 06:21 AM
Negrek's Avatar
Negrek Negrek is offline
busy dizzy lazy
 
Join Date: July 20, 2008
Location: Lurking
Age: 29
Posts: 5,958
Negrek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wi-Fi Mystery Gift events?

Quote:
I noticed the other day that D/P also has the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift option, though I don't think it's been used at all yet (at least not in the USA.) Do these Wi-Fi event-item giveaways work in the Japanese versions of Diamond and Pearl too, or are they Platinum-only?
There have been no events for D/P, and you cannot get a Platinum event using D/P of any language.

Quote:
Also, has Nintendo made any indication that they're going to be doing Wi-Fi events in other countries besides Japan sometime in the future?
You can get a wi-fi event in any country, provided you have the game compatible with it. There are currently no wi-fi events planned for games that have been released outside of Japan, but it seems highly likely that there will eventually be events for the English version of Platinum.
__________________
I will bake you oh my god but the worst cake.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-14-2009, 07:03 AM
FnrrfYgmSchnish's Avatar
FnrrfYgmSchnish FnrrfYgmSchnish is offline
...probably not posting here too much anymore.
 
Join Date: October 27, 2008
Location: Middle of Nowhere, VA
Age: 32
Posts: 776
FnrrfYgmSchnish has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wi-Fi Mystery Gift events?

Quote:
There have been no events for D/P, and you cannot get a Platinum event using D/P of any language.
That sucks. What's the point of even having the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift option in D/P if they're never going to use it? The items and events are already programmed into D/P and everything... seems like a huge waste to not use them.

If that's how it's going to work, then I guess I'll probably end up getting Platinum when it comes over here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-14-2009, 07:29 AM
Negrek's Avatar
Negrek Negrek is offline
busy dizzy lazy
 
Join Date: July 20, 2008
Location: Lurking
Age: 29
Posts: 5,958
Negrek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wi-Fi Mystery Gift events?

Well, they might yet use them; certainly nothing's been announced as of now, though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Icalasari's Avatar
Icalasari Icalasari is offline
YAY! NEW AVATAR! :D
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Southern Alberta
Age: 27
Posts: 2,088
Pronoun: Male
Icalasari is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wi-Fi Mystery Gift events?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Garbanzo View Post
That sucks. What's the point of even having the Wi-Fi Mystery Gift option in D/P if they're never going to use it? The items and events are already programmed into D/P and everything... seems like a huge waste to not use them.

If that's how it's going to work, then I guess I'll probably end up getting Platinum when it comes over here.
It could have something to do with that glitch that allowed one to get Shaymin and Darkrai. After all, those ones would be difficult to distinguish from the legitimate ones
__________________
Please click once per day. No more than that



My Girlfriend's Pokemon. Click them or else I will murder you with a rusty spork



GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Wow, I can't believe... XD This guy is a moron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee in MATURE Talk about Sex View Post
this thread is useless without pics

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Pokémon, Pikachu and all other Pokémon characters © Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc. The Cave of Dragonflies, content, styles, etc. © Butterfree/Dragonfree/antialiasis.
Forum now hosted by Eevee's HQ.