Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Games > Mafia

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 09:29 PM
Resolute

Pronoun: he, they
Keldeo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sword and Shield Choice Pokéresistance

I voted to accept for the information - if Chem failed the mission I'd know that Stryke was resistance, and if Chem succeeded, we'd still get a point no matter his alignment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qva View Post
anyway despite all that i. guess i could go for me/bfree/keldeo/stryke. uneasy about it but worst case is i become reasonably certain that stryke is indeed scum so eh w/e might as well go for it i guess?
Yeah, I'm sort of feeling like rejecting Panini's team, seeing what Chem puts on the table, and then if it's still this mission when it gets to me, putting forward myself/qva/Butterfree/Stryke.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:14 PM
The Upper Crust

Pronoun: she
Panini is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay well

let me figure out what I wanna do and reread before I pick out anything because I'm basically in this situation:

Quote:
oh wait panini and chem pick next fuuuuuuuck

i feel like we're going to have to, like, reject the next two proposals and just go with whatever keldeo says (because if we reject keldeo too we lose), because i'm going to want to reject panini/chem's teams out of principle fffffff
But like,, the opposite since I know Keldeo's team is going to have a spy in it, so if you guys deny me here I basically have to submit myself to the whim of whatever chem wants (not that I think Chem is partners with Keldeo because their interactions don't really seem to line up that way but if we disagree on who should be sent then RIP)
Old 01-16-2020, 08:32 PM
The Upper Crust

Pronoun: she
Panini is an unknown quantity at this point

TBH I’m just getting kind of disheartened by this game because I realise I haven’t been as active or involved as Keldeo has, so I’m not sure how to bridge the gap in understanding that will get whichever one out of Bfree/qva is resistance to realise Keldeo is the spy and you need to send me. Keldeo’s spent this entire game manipulating who is being sent and who is staying behind whereas I’ve been lost for like, most of this and yet I’m still somehow coming off as the one who has an agenda

Just like qva mentioned she’s trying to solve this game off of me, I’ve been trying to solve this game off of Keldeo but the main difference there is that I have the solid info.

I feel like Stryke at this point is firmly not w/w Keldeo. Looking back at Keldeo’s interaction with Stryke during the second phase to me is really clear in that Stryke didn’t have a clear idea of the situation, which he should have if probably if he were paying attention to what the first round implied. The initial like, proposal of a team that doesn’t include him makes me also think he might have just genuinely been not tracking the numbers at that point and I think he would be more likely to do that if he was a spy.

Chem is also kind of unlikely to be w/w with Keldeo I think, on the basis that Keldeo wanted to push him as my partner from the start of phase 2. I think Keldeo also wouldn’t send P#28 if they were teamed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldeo View Post
Chemist not giving an opinion on the conflict and sticking to math is noted and stuff. I don't know what it makes him.

Chemist, who do you think is more likely Team Yell between me and Panini?

imo, Butterfree, you should send you/Stryke/qva, or you/Chemist/qva? Keep in mind Team Yell only need two more failures to win...
It feels too like, casual shaded? I just think “I don’t know what it makes him” draws too much attention to the fact that Keldeo isn’t actually picking a stance here and that he’s being more self-aware about that if they were partners.

So then I’m really only left with Butterfree/qva.

I keep going back to the thing at the top of the game since that was a direct interaction between me/keldeo/qva but I still don’t know if there’s a best way to interpret it. The possibilities are just:

Keldeo picked qva because they are spies who were going to throw successes, qva signalled this by announcing to the thread that spies in the first round always throw success → I ask Keldeo to change and he appeases me by resolving to just get a first failure on the board and make me look bad for asking

Keldeo picked qva because he was always going to throw a fail anyway → Switching to me to throw that failure makes no difference to him AND still makes me look worse because I asked.

But there’s some evidence to both. qva saying specifically to Keldeo that spies throw successes first round, combined with Keldeo’s chat about “having someone to trust” supports the first option. Whereas to the second point, I do think it’s perhaps more likely for Keldeo to pick to fail if he thinks that Butterfree will follow up with another failure (which ultimately didn’t happen, but I wonder if maybe it crossed his mind and there was sme sort of miscommunication?) This also makes sense with his idea that he should pick someone later in the list because there’s “more time before they show up again” if he’s just trying to explain why he wouldn’t pick Butterfree, since she’s directly after him and he doesn’t want the w/w team.

so

like idk

Mission 3, Circhester - Proposal 1 (Stryke, Butterfree, qva, Keldeo):
Accept: Keldeo, Butterfree, Stryke
Reject: qva, Panini, Chemist1422
Mission 3, Circhester - Proposal 2 (Chemist1422, Butterfree, qva, Keldeo):
Accept: Keldeo, qva, Chemist1422
Reject: Butterfree, Stryke, Panini

On a whim I guess I’m going to set it to Me/Chem/Stryke/qva.

Looking at the other days I think maybe the reason why Butterfree is spyreading Chem lately is because she wants us to push for the 5th reject vote to fall right back into Keldeo’s hands. It was obvious during stryke’s pick phase that qva was setting up to reject Stryke’s proposal, so by leaning the other way, Butterfree gets excuses to deny the next 3 proposals in a row and I feel like she would have made it more obvious that she was going to deny a team with Chem on it last phase if she didn’t have ulterioir motives.

I also just feel like this:
Quote:
oh wait panini and chem pick next fuuuuuuuck

i feel like we're going to have to, like, reject the next two proposals and just go with whatever keldeo says (because if we reject keldeo too we lose), because i'm going to want to reject panini/chem's teams out of principle fffffff
Way more natural and organic way of saying “I’m gonna reject chem” than this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfree View Post
Oh?

I rejected because my money was fairly firmly on Panini/Chemist as the scumteam. Stryke's flailing just feels probably genuine to me, and Chemist's posts in-game yesterday didn't really help, as they were just kind of vague and obtuse and not answering questions. I would really rather send Stryke than Chemist, if it's at all possible to get a consensus on that team. (But if not, I accept I could be wrong. I'm not going to, like, keep us in a stalemate forever.)
Old Yesterday, 09:09 AM
beep beep coming through

Pronoun: Any
Kratos Aurion is an unknown quantity at this point

Team Proposal Phase 3-3 has ended. Mission Phase 3 begins now, and will end at 11:59 PM EST (GMT-5) on Tuesday, January 21st.

Mission Leader Panini's proposed team for Mission 3 is Panini, Chemist1422, Stryke and qva.

All players, please send me a PM containing either "Accept" or "Reject" by the phase deadline.

Panini, Chemist1422, Stryke and qva also include either "Succeed" or "Fail" in your PMs to me.