The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Games > Clubs

Notices

Old 01-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Vinyl Scratch

Pronoun: He
Zero Moment is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Moment
Default Re: Objection! (Ace Attorney fan-club, take 2).

Bumping, because apparently Capcom just announced Ace Attorney 5.
Discuss?
Originally Posted by Benuty
Baby jesus would hardly be offended by Lgbt people marrying after all he is .... baby jesus.
No. Baby Jesus will be very sad and he will cry. Do you want to make baby Jesus cry?
Old 01-30-2012, 11:18 PM
The fastest girl in town

Pronoun: She
Flareth is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendaryseeker99 View Post
Bumping, because apparently Capcom just announced Ace Attorney 5.
Discuss?
YES THEY DID.

I don't know what to saaaay. Most likely gonna be Apollo Justice as our protag.

I'm ecstatic.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Beauty, brawn and Frontier Brains.

M&F has disabled reputation

inb4 nonexistance of translated versions

#cometobabahl
(click colias -- you know you want to -- for asb profile)
Old 01-31-2012, 02:10 AM
Vinyl Scratch

Pronoun: He
Zero Moment is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Zero Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants View Post
inb4 nonexistance of translated versions
Has this happened to an AA game?
Old 01-31-2012, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendaryseeker99 View Post
Has this happened to an AA game?
The second Investigations, and also iirc the Professor Layton crossover.

#cometobabahl
Old 02-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Miror B FTW!

Pronoun: Male
bobandbill is an unknown quantity at this point

*also joins*

Yeah, I sure hope this one will at least get translated. I heard they were considering not translating the crossover game and I can't say my hopes are high on it either. =/
Old 02-11-2012, 01:21 PM
(laughs)

Worst Username Ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Really excited for this new game! Hoping for Apollo as the main... Phoenix is cool and all, but I feel there's only so much they can do with him as a main character and that's been done with his 3 games. Apollo, on the other hand, needs more development.
And yeah... hope it gets released, though I think the chances are high (or higher, at least) seeing how it's a main series game, and continues the main story (Investigations was just a spinoff, and I think it didn't sell too well)
as for the Layton crossover, I think I heard they were looking into releasing an English version, haven't heard anything saying they won't. At least, it got an English official title, if that is any help…

My webcomic, Consolers. It's about game companies

Old 02-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Miror B FTW!

I personally preferred Phoenix over Apollo by far, although it is true that he has had an awful lot of story already dedicated to him, even in Apollo's game. Nonetheless if I had to choose it would be Phoenix. (And besides, what about the characters he was involved with such as the Fays?)

I wouldn't mind a new and more likeable character to be introduced as the main character though. =p
Old 02-15-2012, 09:55 AM
DELICIOUS!

Furiianda is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Furiianda Send a message via Skype™ to Furiianda

For those of you impatient for the second Edgeworth game (or unconvinced it will ever be translated officially), this person is doing a YouTube captioned translation video series. And they seem to be doing a pretty good job of it too!
Old 02-16-2012, 02:18 AM
Miror B FTW!

I have heard there was a fans translation project going on with the game, but idk how that's going atm. I'll probably wait and see if that ever happens, just because I'd prefer playing it myself. But if that doesn't happen (or it doesn't come out officially which I am sceptical of - they said it wasn't happening after all) then a let's play is the next best option I suppose! I'll be keeping that link handy. =)
Old 01-12-2018, 02:40 AM
busy dizzy lazy

Negrek is on a distinguished road

So I've been hearing a fair amount of Ace Attorney buzz recently, so I thought I'd revive this thread and see if anybody had any interest in talking Ace Attorney!

I've actually haven't played one of the main-line series in a long time, since I don't do digital downloads, haven't played any Layton games, and I guess all the Dai Gyakuten Saiiban games are Japan-only. (Are those any good? I don't think I've heard anything about them whatsoever, but if they're only in Japanese that would make sense...)

So yeah! What has everyone been up to Ace Attorney-wise? I recently finished playing AAI2 with Butterfree and enjoyed it, although it's not my favorite in the series.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:56 AM
oh man, good times.

Eifie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrek View Post
So I've been hearing a fair amount of Ace Attorney buzz recently, so I thought I'd revive this thread and see if anybody had any interest in talking Ace Attorney!
Yes!!!!!

Everyone talk to me about AA6 please and thanks.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:34 AM

Oh man six years ago I was in this thread making "why is ace attorney not happening in real life right now" jokes and now we're actually in the thick of the main plot's dates and it hasn't escaped the collective attention of the internet at all

(also, it now makes perfect sense that the japanifornian legal system is an utter shithole by 2016, although in any case the whole thing was written as a criticism of the actual real japanese legal system in the 00s)

I've recently started a replay of the whole franchise, myself, since I haven't been playing it much aside from when Spirit of Justice came out. All the adult themes make a lot more sense now... except for literally anything involving April May, that just gets more baffling the more maturity you have

#cometobabahl
Old 01-12-2018, 10:46 AM
sandslash sandpan

Pronoun: they / she
sanderidge is an unknown quantity at this point

it's all master eif's fault, but i've started playing the first one! i'm incredibly behind on all the spoiler things but apparently phoenix and edgeworth get married and adopt a small child whose name i cannot remember but i'm looking forward to this.

sandshrewnoibatsandshrew-alola
Old 01-12-2018, 03:49 PM
plus ultra!

Pronoun: he
I liek Squirtles is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to I liek Squirtles

Sweet!!

I played AA 1-3 and 5-6 last year and boy were they rides. Too bad I am an idiot whose appetite for tvtropes ruined 2 big bads

~*tumblr~

Haikus

これは俳句ではありません。
私は日本語が話せません。
翻訳機を使っていますか?-VM

Old 01-13-2018, 04:38 PM
Still loves Joltik, though!

Pronoun: she
Butterfree is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Butterfree

Quote:
I've actually haven't played one of the main-line series in a long time, since I don't do digital downloads, haven't played any Layton games, and I guess all the Dai Gyakuten Saiiban games are Japan-only. (Are those any good? I don't think I've heard anything about them whatsoever, but if they're only in Japanese that would make sense...)
The main thing I've heard about Dai Gyakuten Saiban is that somebody on YouTube had the theory that one of the reasons it wasn't localized was that it takes place in England and contains a bunch of casual anti-Japanese racism on the part of the British characters that people would be less comfortable with in the West.

At a glance I see some subbed versions of at least part of it on YouTube, but have never checked that out myself, despite vaguely wanting to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderidge View Post
it's all master eif's fault, but i've started playing the first one! i'm incredibly behind on all the spoiler things but apparently phoenix and edgeworth get married and adopt a small child whose name i cannot remember but i'm looking forward to this.
Just so as not to get your hopes up too much, what actually happens is Phoenix adopts a daughter in a game where Edgeworth does not appear in any capacity. Edgeworth being involved in any way is pure fanon.

We played Spirit of Justice last year! It was good and I'm so happy it actually happened and got a translation.

Also AAI2 is Really Really Good and you should play it if you haven't already. There is a fan translation and it's perfect and I've replayed it a bunch of times. (Even if you didn't like the original Ace Attorney Investigations. AAI2 is better.)
Old 01-13-2018, 05:34 PM
busy dizzy lazy

Quote:
The main thing I've heard about Dai Gyakuten Saiban is that somebody on YouTube had the theory that one of the reasons it wasn't localized was that it takes place in England and contains a bunch of casual anti-Japanese racism on the part of the British characters that people would be less comfortable with in the West.

At a glance I see some subbed versions of at least part of it on YouTube, but have never checked that out myself, despite vaguely wanting to.
Huuuuh, the British would be more sensitive to it because they'd be uncomfortable about being portrayed as the bad guys? Otherwise I'd think Japanese people would be more likely to be made uncomfortable by anti-Japanese racism...

It would be cool if... the same translation team that did AAI2... could also make translation patches for the games in that series. *quietly slides some cash across table to them*

(I took sanderidge's post to be humorous, but at the same time I could also see how someone picking up info through fandom osmosis could get the impression that that's what happens. If that's the case, then it's still humorous, but yeah, don't get your hopes up for canon gay lawyers.)
Old 01-14-2018, 04:01 AM
Still loves Joltik, though!

Pronoun: she
Butterfree is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Butterfree

Quote:
Huuuuh, the British would be more sensitive to it because they'd be uncomfortable about being portrayed as the bad guys? Otherwise I'd think Japanese people would be more likely to be made uncomfortable by anti-Japanese racism...
According to the YouTube person, Japanese culture just tends to be less viscerally put off by in-character racism. Like, in the west a lot of people would have a hard time appreciating a character who keeps spouting off racism even if it's a joke or period-appropriate or whatever, while in Japan it'd be more likely to just be seen as a character quirk. (Possibly, for native Japanese, that kind of racism is just kind of abstract and distant rather than a reality of daily life, so it might be easier to just think it's funny? Again, just quoting this guy from YouTube, so, uh, take it with a grain of salt.)
Old 01-14-2018, 03:45 PM
busy dizzy lazy

Assuming that's true, that's pretty interesting! I can see how that would be difficult to localize unless you were willing to make radical changes to the original script and completely replace the racism with a different quirk or something.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:17 AM
beep beep coming through

Pronoun: Any
Kratos Aurion is an unknown quantity at this point

Been a minute since I've posted in here, hasn't it? Mostly I just wanted to say that I'm *finally* getting around to playing Spirit of Justice. Still only on the first case but I just wanted to say that if (SPOILER) Death Metal Jesus is what they're starting the goddamn game with then well I just don't know what I'm going to do with myself going forward because (SPOILER) Death Metal Jesus these games are amazing and beautiful and I can't believe Fire Emblem made me wait for this.

Tags
ace attorney