The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Pokémon > General Pokémon Discussion

Notices

Old 12-16-2016, 08:12 PM
Let's talk about this "dairy" section.

Pronoun: he
RedneckPhoenix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pokemon Quests

So, this isn't quests per se, but really just stuff you're really determined to do. For instance.
It is my personal quest to breed a shiny Luvdisc.
Post yours.
one time i saw a piece of lasagna on the ground, just kinda chilling there, and then i saw a raccoon eyeing it from the bushes. He clearly wanted it but saw me and was threatened. So i just kinda tried to kick it over to him, and I realized that kicking something soft with sauce in it was probably a bad idea. First of all, the raccoon ran away as the lasagna splattered all over and was loud as hell, and second, my shoe was covered in lasagna. True story.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:24 PM
Statistically Inclined

Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Stryke
Default Re: Pokemon Quests

Working on my first living dex! (I'm doing the Alola one)
It's tough, man.

EDIT: YEEEEEEEEE its done!

Last edited by Stryke; 01-04-2017 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:18 PM
Timely Cheer

I liek Squirtles is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to I liek Squirtles

I don't like catching evolved forms. Rather, I prefer evolving everything myself.

~*tumblr~deviantART*~

Haikus

ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha

I'm good at haiku.
I might even say decent.
and...that's all I've got. -Superbird

Old 12-21-2016, 08:23 PM
Statistically Inclined

Quote:
Originally Posted by I liek Squirtles View Post
I don't like catching evolved forms. Rather, I prefer evolving everything myself.
What do you do if the only way to get a certain evolutionary family is by catching the middle or final stage? (Like the Gible family in SuMo.)
Old 12-21-2016, 11:29 PM
A chickadee in love with the sky

Pronoun: she
Sandstone-Shadow is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by I liek Squirtles View Post
I do this too! It's usually so much harder but I feel obligated to. It feels really wrong when I catch an evolved Pokemon that I could have caught at a lower stage, heh.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:00 AM
Let's talk about this "dairy" section.

RedneckPhoenix is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a gible from a wonder trade.
If you want it, i still have it i think
one time i saw a piece of lasagna on the ground, just kinda chilling there, and then i saw a raccoon eyeing it from the bushes. He clearly wanted it but saw me and was threatened. So i just kinda tried to kick it over to him, and I realized that kicking something soft with sauce in it was probably a bad idea. First of all, the raccoon ran away as the lasagna splattered all over and was loud as hell, and second, my shoe was covered in lasagna. True story.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Hidden Leaf Ninja

Pronoun: they
nerolyk24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finchwidget View Post
Working on my first living dex! (I'm doing the Alola one)
It's tough, man.
I recently finished Pokemon Moon and I also want to have a living dex. I don't think I will be able too though. Takes too long. (or I'm just lazy)

Old 01-04-2017, 10:42 PM
Statistically Inclined

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerolyk24 View Post
I recently finished Pokemon Moon and I also want to have a living dex. I don't think I will be able too though. Takes too long. (or I'm just lazy)
The only advice I can give to you is be persistent. There are a TON of Pokemon that can are only found in the wild REALLY rarely, or they're a pain to evolve. Not to mention hunting for Sun exclusives and other stuff on the madhouse that is the SuMo GTS. But as long as you keep at it, you'll get it completed in practically no time.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:46 PM
Hidden Leaf Ninja

Quote:
The only advice I can give to you is be persistent. There are a TON of Pokemon that can are only found in the wild REALLY rarely, or they're a pain to evolve. Not to mention hunting for Sun exclusives and other stuff on the madhouse that is the SuMo GTS. But as long as you keep at it, you'll get it completed in practically no time.
Thanks for the advice!I saw Dhelmise's encounter rate and that definetly scared me. I also want to have it to get the shiny charm and eventually do some shiny hunting. I already caught the 4 Tapus and got my type:null so I'm just looking for the rare pokemon and if I haven't caught any of the common ones found near the rare ones I'll catch those. Any other methods?

Old 01-05-2017, 09:38 PM
Statistically Inclined

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerolyk24 View Post
Thanks for the advice!I saw Dhelmise's encounter rate and that definetly scared me. I also want to have it to get the shiny charm and eventually do some shiny hunting. I already caught the 4 Tapus and got my type:null so I'm just looking for the rare pokemon and if I haven't caught any of the common ones found near the rare ones I'll catch those. Any other methods?
Yeah, I got a couple more. First, rippling water is your friend. There are a bunch of Pokemon that have a 1% chance of being found while fishing, but that number is increased when the fishing hole has white ripples. Then, they're usually around 5-20 percent more common, so use that to your advantage. It only works when the water is rippling, though.

Second, use the GTS search thing only when necessary. The GTS, as always, is a madhouse, so only use it when A: You need to evolve a Pokemon by trading (without an item), B: you can only get 1 of a Pokemon you need, and it evolves (pretty much just Cosmog and Type Null), or C: you need version exclusives. Other than that, you're better off getting on your own.

Last one I can think of is call friends. I couldn't have done my dex if it weren't for my friend giving me extra evolutionary items or trading Pokemon to evolve, and without a friend help with that stuff, it'll be tough to get the mons you need. So definitely call your friend(s) for help.

That's pretty much all I've got... Good luck!!
Old 01-06-2017, 01:04 AM
Hidden Leaf Ninja

Quote:
Yeah, I got a couple more. First, rippling water is your friend. There are a bunch of Pokemon that have a 1% chance of being found while fishing, but that number is increased when the fishing hole has white ripples. Then, they're usually around 5-20 percent more common, so use that to your advantage. It only works when the water is rippling, though.

Second, use the GTS search thing only when necessary. The GTS, as always, is a madhouse, so only use it when A: You need to evolve a Pokemon by trading (without an item), B: you can only get 1 of a Pokemon you need, and it evolves (pretty much just Cosmog and Type Null), or C: you need version exclusives. Other than that, you're better off getting on your own.

Last one I can think of is call friends. I couldn't have done my dex if it weren't for my friend giving me extra evolutionary items or trading Pokemon to evolve, and without a friend help with that stuff, it'll be tough to get the mons you need. So definitely call your friend(s) for help.

That's pretty much all I've got... Good luck!!
Thanks! I actually just got a friend to help me with some of the harder ones. I feel like Sun exclusives will be a problem because my friend has moon, but he said he has some sun exclusives so it will be fine. Hopefully it goes well!

Old 01-06-2017, 07:05 PM
Fire emblem is great

Pronoun: He
Superbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Superbird

Quote:
Protip for anyone trying to use the GTS: You can get literally anything if you're trading away a porygon-z. And when I say literally, I'm not exaggerating. I got a Type:Null, a Solgaleo, and another cosmog all from trading away Porygon-Z's, so if you have the ability to get several porygon-z's then definitely do so.

For those in ASB Battles that I happen to be reffing, I have several habits that deviate from most other refs. These can be found in this document, and involve mostly stat modifications and status conditions, as well as other clarifications regarding the specifics of certain attacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokémon Showdown VGC
[23:36:02] ConcertofMadness: Shrekt
ConcertofMadness was muted by BoTTT Junior for 7 minutes. (Contained banned phrase)
[23:36:15] +Chuppa Cross: oh dingram
[23:36:20] +Chuppa Cross: can we ban rekt too
[23:36:25] @dingram: but i use rekt :(
[23:36:32] +Chuppa Cross: you shouldn't :(
[23:36:52] +Chuppa Cross: you cant ban shrekt and then still use rekt lol
Chuppa Cross was muted by BoTTT Junior for 7 minutes. (Contained banned phrase)
[23:37:00] Superbird: #REKT
[23:37:01] @dingram: noobs getting muted
[23:37:02] NeuroRapter: lmao
[23:37:03] @dingram: get rekt
[23:37:06] stealthfox2: lol
ConcertofMadness was unmuted by dingram.
Chuppa Cross was unmuted by dingram.

[23:37:13] ConcertofMadness: Freedom
[23:37:18] +Chuppa Cross: i walked into that
[23:37:20] paintcanz: chuppa was muted?
Chuppa Cross was muted by makiri for 7 minutes.
Actually the best match ever
Old 01-06-2017, 07:43 PM
Statistically Inclined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbird View Post
Protip for anyone trying to use the GTS: You can get literally anything if you're trading away a porygon-z. And when I say literally, I'm not exaggerating. I got a Type:Null, a Solgaleo, and another cosmog all from trading away Porygon-Z's, so if you have the ability to get several porygon-z's then definitely do so.
Oh yeaaaaaah, all of the Pokemon that evolve by trading (and Weavile) are really popular from my experience. Kingdra, Scizor, Porygon-Z, and Rhyperior are probably the rarest, then maybe Politoed, Slowking, and Weavile, then Electivire, Magmortar and Milotic, from what I've seen.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:36 AM
Timely Cheer

I liek Squirtles is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to I liek Squirtles

Quote:
What do you do if the only way to get a certain evolutionary family is by catching the middle or final stage? (Like the Gible family in SuMo.)
I GTS for it.

~*tumblr~deviantART*~

Haikus

ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
ha ha ha ha ha

I'm good at haiku.
I might even say decent.
and...that's all I've got. -Superbird