The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Games > Anime-Style Battling

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #901  
Old 07-10-2017, 02:48 PM
Nira's Avatar
Nira Nira is offline
クタ ララ スタ ララ
 
Join Date: November 1, 2011
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Age: 17
Posts: 2,661
Pronoun: they
Nira is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Nira Send a message via Skype™ to Nira
Default Re: Challenge Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negrek View Post
Sure, I'll battle you!
i'll ref it, why not? battle up in a bit.
__________________
「私は光栄です, 高槻さん。」
♠ JOHARI WINDOW ♠
Reply With Quote
  #902  
Old 07-16-2017, 12:00 PM
Porygon2's Avatar
Porygon2 Porygon2 is offline
Egg
 
Join Date: July 9, 2017
Posts: 16
Pronoun: they
Porygon2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Challenge Board

First Battle!!

The Fairy Garden
Format: 2v2 Single
Style: Switch
DQ: One Week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves:
Arena Description: As seen in the picture below, the fairy garden is a circular clearing in a large coniferous forest. It is night time. The pink flowers glow in the twilight and fireflies flit around the stadium. In the very centre of the garden is a Poké Ball shape.
Additional Rules: Basic or Baby Pokémon that can still evolve please!
Reply With Quote
  #903  
Old 07-16-2017, 03:37 PM
RedneckPhoenix's Avatar
RedneckPhoenix RedneckPhoenix is offline
Let's talk about this "dairy" section.
 
Join Date: October 27, 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 595
Pronoun: he
RedneckPhoenix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Challenge Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porygon2 View Post
First Battle!!

The Fairy Garden
Format: 2v2 Single
Style: Switch
DQ: One Week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves:
Arena Description: As seen in the picture below, the fairy garden is a circular clearing in a large coniferous forest. It is night time. The pink flowers glow in the twilight and fireflies flit around the stadium. In the very centre of the garden is a Poké Ball shape.
Additional Rules: Basic or Baby Pokémon that can still evolve please!
I'll fight you.
__________________
one time i saw a piece of lasagna on the ground, just kinda chilling there, and then i saw a raccoon eyeing it from the bushes. He clearly wanted it but saw me and was threatened. So i just kinda tried to kick it over to him, and I realized that kicking something soft with sauce in it was probably a bad idea. First of all, the raccoon ran away as the lasagna splattered all over and was loud as hell, and second, my shoe was covered in lasagna. True story.
Reply With Quote
  #904  
Old 08-22-2017, 04:20 PM
Negrek's Avatar
Negrek Negrek is offline
collide disintegration
 
Join Date: July 20, 2008
Location: Lurking
Age: 28
Posts: 5,760
Negrek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Challenge Board

Taking the above.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #905  
Old 10-24-2017, 01:11 AM
Gzhoom's Avatar
Gzhoom Gzhoom is online now
Caterpie
 
Join Date: June 23, 2017
Posts: 70
Pronoun: he
Gzhoom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Challenge Board

Format: 1v1
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: none
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs
Arena Description: Regulation-size Pokémon battle arena, as per the anime.

This battle takes place in a normal-looking arena, save for a single large screen opposite the audience's seats. Each round, this screen displays a random letter from A-Z. Over the course of the battle, Pokémon are only allowed to use moves or take actions that begin with the displayed letter.

For instance, if the displayed letter was "G", Pikachu could Go up to its opponent, Growl at them, and then use Grass Knot. In addition to the moves allowed by the presently-displayed letter, any Pokémon can use Struggle on any round, no matter which letter is displayed.
Reply With Quote
  #906  
Old 11-01-2017, 08:43 PM
Sandstone-Shadow's Avatar
Sandstone-Shadow Sandstone-Shadow is offline
A chickadee in love with the sky
 
Join Date: August 5, 2008
Location: In between
Posts: 1,097
Pronoun: she
Sandstone-Shadow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Challenge Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzhoom View Post
Format: 1v1
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: none
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs
Arena Description: Regulation-size Pokémon battle arena, as per the anime.

This battle takes place in a normal-looking arena, save for a single large screen opposite the audience's seats. Each round, this screen displays a random letter from A-Z. Over the course of the battle, Pokémon are only allowed to use moves or take actions that begin with the displayed letter.

For instance, if the displayed letter was "G", Pikachu could Go up to its opponent, Growl at them, and then use Grass Knot. In addition to the moves allowed by the presently-displayed letter, any Pokémon can use Struggle on any round, no matter which letter is displayed.
I might regret this, but I'll ref this battle if there is someone willing to challenge Gzhoom!
Reply With Quote
  #907  
Old 11-02-2017, 04:02 PM
Sandstone-Shadow's Avatar
Sandstone-Shadow Sandstone-Shadow is offline
A chickadee in love with the sky
 
Join Date: August 5, 2008
Location: In between
Posts: 1,097
Pronoun: she
Sandstone-Shadow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Challenge Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstone-Shadow View Post
I might regret this, but I'll ref this battle if there is someone willing to challenge Gzhoom!
So it was definitely too ambitious of me to offer to ref this battle. I'll challenge you instead, Gzhoom!
Reply With Quote
  #908  
Old 11-02-2017, 04:18 PM
Porygon2's Avatar
Porygon2 Porygon2 is offline
Egg
 
Join Date: July 9, 2017
Posts: 16
Pronoun: they
Porygon2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Challenge Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzhoom View Post
Format: 1v1
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: none
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs
Arena Description: Regulation-size Pokémon battle arena, as per the anime.

This battle takes place in a normal-looking arena, save for a single large screen opposite the audience's seats. Each round, this screen displays a random letter from A-Z. Over the course of the battle, Pokémon are only allowed to use moves or take actions that begin with the displayed letter.

For instance, if the displayed letter was "G", Pikachu could Go up to its opponent, Growl at them, and then use Grass Knot. In addition to the moves allowed by the presently-displayed letter, any Pokémon can use Struggle on any round, no matter which letter is displayed.
I'll ref this! (Thread will be up when I'm back from the supermarket)
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Pokémon, Pikachu and all other Pokémon characters © Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc. The Cave of Dragonflies, content, styles, etc. © Butterfree/Dragonfree/antialiasis.
Forum now hosted by Eevee's HQ.