• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open War of Gerathena

River

What if I'm asleep?
Arctus sat in his favourite spot in the old Oak that grew near his home. There had been many more people affected by the Black Hole recently and of the ones that came here very few ever noticed him. For some reason this place lured many of them. Arctus had been wondering about that ever since he woke up here two years ago. He gazed at the stars of the sky and wondered if any more people would show up today.

Hilao looked again, then jumped from the tree. The guards were definitely gone by now. He headed on through into the small village. Noticing a small grove of trees, he headed to them, using his powers and the starlight to lift himself over into the tree. He sat down on a branch and unfurled his blankets. Looking around, he thought he saw something in another tree, but he looked again and saw nothing. He curled up in his blankets, letting the lack of sleep from the last three days wash over him. And he drifted off to sleep

Raylond, trying to use his powers to help him climb a tree noticed someone come out of the village and climb up the same tree. "Hi there!" he yelled.

"Hyuh?!" He threw his blankets off and crouched down, ready to punch the intruder, when he suddenly said "Hi there"
"Err, hi. What're you doing around here. I thought this village was abandoned?"

There was suddenly a noise from the next tree over, Arctus tilted his head and saw two people talking, one in a tree one on the ground. He tried to transform into a shadow but nothing happened. "Looks like im going the hard way," he leapt from the tree and walked over to the two hiding behind the tree to listen in.

"Well I suppose an nearly abandoned village is a good place to stay. None of the King's Guardsmen come near these places. The last one I saw took off into the woods over there when he got near." Just then, another boy came over from a tree. "Oh, hello there" Hilao nodded at the newcomer. "Hey, do you guys, by any chance, heard the weird rumors of people with powers from the black hole?" Of course, he had such powers, and therefor knew that they existed, but it was a good a way as any of finding out if they too had powers.

Arctus wondered if the powers were more common where he came from, "I know for a fact they're true. And they have become more common recently ever since that shockwave a few weeks ago." Arctus felt a slight tingle and suddenly he was viewing the world from the ground. 'Of course, late again.' He sighed and moved into a lighter spot, "and this is my ability, albeit a rather unpredictable one."

Raylond heard the question. "Yeah, since the shockwave, more and more of my friends are getting powers. Here's mine," he said, growing a rather misshapen rock-horn on his head.

"So you both have powers? Me too, but mine don't work in the dark." He climbed from the tree and strode to the middle of the path. He used his powers to lift a few pebbles and ran around at the speed of light for a bit. "It's pretty cool but it only works in the dark and I can't really tell my powers how powerful they should be, just what they should do. It gets annoying when I try to lift something big to eye level and it shoots off into the sky.."

Back
Top Bottom