• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Nighttime Illusion

Mad MOAI

Actually more of a harmour fan
This would be my art thread, Nighttime Illusion. I kept considering making one but for some reason never did until now... so now you can see my sketches... and stuff.

I rarely use Photoshop anymore, although if I feel like it I'll do some colorful art in Photoshop Elements 4.0. That being said, a lot of my drawings are only sketches, but there are quite a lot of them.

Constructive criticism is appreciated. Sometimes when I draw from a reference, though, there'll be a lot of different poses and not a lot of room for crit that I'll actually use, but most of my art is indeed from scratch so there'll definitely be room for criticism.

Also, if you feel like requesting art, go ahead. I don't bite, but I may poke you with a pencil. Oh, and requests are usually colored in Photoshop, so if you just want a sketch, be sure to mention that.

And now for some drawings.... (what's an art thread without them? ;D)

Fun with various hardness pencils. And inspiration. But aah where's the other wing? D|

I drew this one in my head first, and this is pretty much how I imagined it. It got a bit smeared before I scanned it, though. :U

Tyrogue eating toast.

...And there will definitely be a lot more.

I love that first scyther. Very nice.

The second one has the scyther looking like he has a buck-tooth. His pose is also awkward, but a nice job anyway.

The last one made me think, in the following order:

1. This is cute.

2. Knees don't bend like that comfortably.

I really like your work, keep it up and I'm sure you'll get better at non-referenced poses!

...I have no idea why I drew this, but it's fluffy.

Just a doodle, since I decided I needed more Pokemon drawings.

Two-minute Honckrow doodle in 2H pencil.

Seagull drawing. :3 (from a reference)

Random fire toucan fakemon thing.

Short, fluffy lady:
Just a kick I got. These are all from references... and I don't really have much to say other than that. xD

Blehh where's the mouth

No Focus - The reference didn't have a center of focus (since there was nothing near the front and center), which made me choose it, but I somehow managed to shove her hand into the middle of the drawing and that kinda ruins the point. But I like how the realistic-eye experiment turned out.

Endless Freefall - I chose this reference because it has not so much movement as just the look of falling but never landing. I think the eye on our right is too low, though. xU

cat_doodle_by_nyashaexeggutor-d30ryho.png

Cat doodle.

fu_dog_by_nyashaexeggutor-d30rylq.png

Fu dog / snow lion thing sketch after I saw a few statues of it and thought they looked nice. I left out the curly part of the mane, though. :U

Sketch version of that big colored one.

Raven-thing perched on a skull. Simplified version of a creepypasta thing I was imagining.

Back
Top Bottom