• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

blazheirio889 vs. Crazy Linoone (ref: Squornshellous Beta)

Squornshellous Beta

Pronoun
she/they/any
Battle Format: 2vs2 Single
Battle Style: Set
DQ: One Week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned: OHKOs, Perish Song, Destiny Bond. Direct healers are limited to 1 per Pokemon; chills are limited to 3 per Pokemon.
Arena: The Waffle of Many Awesome Condiments

You heard me.

That’s right, this is the next in the Linoone food arena series (though I’ve been given the privilege to write it out). This battle commences on a gigantic waffle that stretches out as far as the eye can see – squares upon squares of soft, delicious breakfast food.

Even the most scrumptious of delicacies can be made better with the right condiment, though. And this is where the biggest quirk of this arena comes in: when the trainers issue their commands, they are also to fill in a waffle square with a condiment of their choice in a heated game of tic-tac-toe. However, the tic-tac-toe order is determined separately from that of the commanding order at the beginning of the match for game-balancing purposes. Therefore, trainer one could be attacking first, but filling in their square second. Tic-tac-toe turns alternate and are not affected by the time-distorting skillz of Trick Room.

Whenever a trainer wins a game of tic-tac-toe, a Snorlax will inexplicably drop out of nowhere, squashing the loser’s Pokemon for 5% typeless damage. The Snorlax will then proceed to drain all the syrups and sauces from the waffle squares (oh, horror!), but will thankfully be incapacitated by the referee before it can get to nomming the actual battlefield itself. In the event that the tic-tac-toe game ends in a tie, the Snorlax will drop out of nowhere regardless, but simply will not land on a Pokemon. It’ll still suck up all the condiments, though.

And finally, I’ve saved the best for last: the condiments. You can put your tongue back in your head now.
Awesomesauce: explodes with awesomeness when thrown. Abbreviated as A.
Maple syrup: gives +1 speed to the consumer due to sugar overload. Also explodes with awesomeness. Abbreviated as M.
Regular syrup: gives +1 attack to the consumer due to I’unno. Abbreviated as R.
High fructose corn syrup: deals 5% typeless damage when thrown/consumed due to ohlookabutterfly *runs* Abbreviated as C.
Butter: it’s slippery. Think of it as on-waffle ice. Abbreviated as B.
Honey: gives +1 sp. attack to the consumer due to it being… the counterpart to regular syrup, somehow. No, I don’t know either. Sorry. Abbreviated as H.

In addition, part of the waffle can be consumed to heal 5% health.

Blazhy is abbreviated as B and Crazy Linoone as C.

And an example of a tic-tac-toe game in case it isn’t clear:

Blazhy’s turn:
[ ] [BB] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

Linoone’s turn:

[HC] [BB] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

etc.
blazheirio889's Active Squad
Gardevoir
Eledancia (Female)
Ability: Trace

Swablu
Lutchrium (Male)
Ability: Natural Cure

Trapinch
Sceratio (Male)
Ability: Arena Trap

Froslass
Yukianesa (Female)
Ability: Snow Cloak
Move Mod: Pebble Jet
Held Item: Nevermeltice

Seel
Khionas (Female)
Ability: Hydration

skullkitten-1.png

Ua (Male)
Ability: Pressure
Held Item: Dusk Stone

Cradily
Phalanx (Male)
Ability: Suction Cups
Held Item: Big Root

Nincada
Fantasma (Female)
Ability: Compoundeyes

Bellsprout
Raffelesia (Male)
Ability: Chlorophyll

Eevee
Niflheim (Male)
Ability: Run Away

Crazy Linoone's Active Squad
Croconaw
Crunch (Male)
Ability: Torrent

Linoone
Zigzag (Female)
Ability: Pickup

Riolu
Riley (Male)
Ability: Steadfast

Porygon
Death Cannon (Genderless)
Ability: Download
Body Mod: Broadband High-speed Internet Connection
Held Item: Up-Grade

Gible-f
Heinkel (Female)
Ability: Sand Veil

Natu
Kwak'wala (Female)
Ability: Synchronize

Porygon
Death Canon (Genderless)

Porygon
Death Canyon (Genderless)

skullkitten-1.png

Gatito (Female)
Ability: Pressure

Croagunk
Spaekle (Male)
Ability: Anticipation

First Round
- blazheirio889 sends out
- Crazy Linoone sends out, attacks and fills in a square
- blazheirio889 attacks and fills in a square
- I ref

Last edited:
HEY SB You're totally cool for reffing this.

I do believe all of my porygons are holding Up-Grades...

Butttt, as Blazhy said, evolution time! Death Canyon, since I don't believe you have battled yet, so you're up!

Let's start off by spamming Discharges, just to see what Blazhy does about it. Spread them out if the swablu has clones. If the swablu Protects, Substitute (15%) if it's on the first action, but Chill on the other ones. If it uses a status-inducing move such as Toxic or Sing and you have no Sub up, Magic Coat.

Discharge/Substitute (15%)/Magic Coat ~ Discharge/Chill/Magic Coat ~ Discharge/Chill/Magic Coat

Annnnd I believe I'm first in Tic-Tac-Toeing since I'm attacking first?

*squirts awesomesauce into a waffle square*

[AC] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

Aaargh are they? I didn't see that in your profile I'M SORRY D:
Added to the first post I guess.

(It says you're first on the grid in the attacking order but that was actually the RNG's fault, I think they were supposed to be independent?)

Haha, I never thought we'd be outspeeding anything, Lutchrium, but...! Here we are!

Anyway. Fly up and out of Death Canyon's Discharge range, then fire off two Natural Gifts. Simple stuff!

Fly ~ Natural Gift ~ Natural Gift

[AC] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [BR] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

Banned: OHKOs, Perish Song, Destiny Bond. Direct healers are limited to 1 per Pokemon; chills are limited to 3 per Pokemon.

You heard me.

That’s right, this is the next in the Linoone food arena series (though I’ve been given the privilege to write it out). This battle commences on a gigantic waffle that stretches out as far as the eye can see – squares upon squares of soft, delicious breakfast food.

Even the most scrumptious of delicacies can be made better with the right condiment, though. And this is where the biggest quirk of this arena comes in: when the trainers issue their commands, they are also to fill in a waffle square with a condiment of their choice in a heated game of tic-tac-toe. However, the tic-tac-toe order is determined separately from that of the commanding order at the beginning of the match for game-balancing purposes. Therefore, trainer one could be attacking first, but filling in their square second. Tic-tac-toe turns alternate and are not affected by the time-distorting skillz of Trick Room.

Whenever a trainer wins a game of tic-tac-toe, a Snorlax will inexplicably drop out of nowhere, squashing the loser’s Pokemon for 5% typeless damage. The Snorlax will then proceed to drain all the syrups and sauces from the waffle squares (oh, horror!), but will thankfully be incapacitated by the referee before it can get to nomming the actual battlefield itself. In the event that the tic-tac-toe game ends in a tie, the Snorlax will drop out of nowhere regardless, but simply will not land on a Pokemon. It’ll still suck up all the condiments, though.

And finally, I’ve saved the best for last: the condiments. You can put your tongue back in your head now.
Maple syrup: gives +1 speed to the consumer due to sugar overload. Also explodes with awesomeness. Abbreviated as M.
High fructose corn syrup: deals 5% typeless damage when thrown/consumed due to ohlookabutterfly *runs* Abbreviated as C.
Honey: gives +1 sp. attack to the consumer due to it being… the counterpart to regular syrup, somehow. No, I don’t know either. Sorry. Abbreviated as H.

Blazhy’s turn:
[ ] [BB] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

Linoone’s turn:

[HC] [BB] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

etc.

Pre-Round Notes
How did we get up here on a giant waffle?
Well. The three are on a giant waffle. They decide to battle, rather than to try and get off the waffle, which the Gardevoir in one of their teams would be capable of doing. They hurl their Pokéballs forward; one forms into a cloud-bird and the other into an origami-bird.

Team blazhy
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Swablu
Lutchurium (Male)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Fly ~ Natural Gift ~ Natural Gift
Chills: 0/3
Healings: 0/1

Team Linoone
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Porygon
Energy: 100%
Status: SCANNING TARGET: SPECIAL DEFENSE IS HIGHER. RUNNING PROGRAM: ATTACK-BOOST.EXE. Attack +1.
Commands: Discharge/Substitute (15%)/Magic Coat ~ Discharge/Chill/Magic Coat ~ Discharge/Chill/Magic Coat
Item: Up-Grade

Round 1 Begin!

As the Pokémon stare each other down, two massive globs of sauce plop onto the waffle, each exactly filling one square. The origin of these is undetermined, but who cares, the combatants are on a giant waffle so wierd things are going to happen.

With the battle proper beginning, Lutchurium is first to move. He immediately leaps up into the air, begins flapping his wings, and suddenly he is many, many feet above the waffle. He watches with disdain as the Porygon, with a hum and a "RUNNING FILE: DISCHARGE.EXE", releases a crackling corona of electricity which spreads outwards very, very rapidly, dissipating long before it reaches the sky-high Swablu.

Lutchurium then closes his eyes and begins to focus. He glows bright white, almost as though he were evolving; the aura then rips itself free and hurtles towards the Porygon, where it sears his skin (what does a Porygon even have in place of skin?) and throws him backwards. The Porygon is reluctant to use the same useless attack as before, but orders are orders; he runs the program once again, and the electricity once again bursts out of his skin-stuff, once again fading to nothing.

In an exact repetition of the previous action, Lutchurium launches the glowing aura at Death Canyon, it hits, Death Canyon is thrown back, Death Canyon loads the DISCHARGE.EXE file, the corona of electricity sears the air around him, and it fades away before reaching the Swablu. Death Canyon stares up into the sky with a sense of uselessness.

Round 1 End!

Team blazhy
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Swablu
Lutchurium (Male)
Energy: 80%
Status: I believe I can fly~ I believe I can touch the sky~
Attacks Used: Fly ~ Natural Gift ~ Natural Gift

Team Linoone
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Porygon
Health: 78%
Energy: 73%
Status: COMMANDS FAILED TO PRODUCE DESIRED EFFECT. NOW RE-EVALUTING AVAILABLE OPTIONS. Attack +1.
Attacks Used: Discharge ~ Discharge ~ Discharge

Damage / Energy Calculations
Fly - 4% energy, 2% energy per action upkeep (Accuracy roll 78, needed 95 or higher to miss)
Discharge - 9% energy (Missed due to Fly)
Natural Gift - 11% damage, 6% energy

Notes
- I made a typo while writing this: "and suddenly he is many, many feed above the waffle." Best typo ever.
- Man that was a boring round.
- WAAAAAAAAAAFLES
- It is okay to call you blazhy, isn't it?

Arena Notes
The waffle looks like this:
2rqdbmv.jpg

Next Round
- blazhy Attacks
- Linoone Attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
Whoo! Fast ref :3 Yeah, everyone calls me Blazhy. It's fine.

I think you got Download wrong: it raises attack if the opponent's sp. def is lower, and vice versa.

Anyway, we're off to a great start! Give me a medium Substitute and continue your Natural Gift barrage. If Death Canyon is commanded to Thunder anytime after the first action, replace your second action with Sunny Day. If Death Canyon Protects or Detects or is somehow guaranteed to avoid your attack (not including Substitute), use Haze. Finally, if you've somehow been grounded, use a one-turn Sky Attack instead of Natural Gift.

Substitute (15%) ~ Natural Gift/Sunny Day/Haze ~ Natural Gift/Haze/Sky Attack

Edit: Also, it'd be nice if you could specify the tic-tac-toe turns as well. I know it's Linoone's turn this time 'round, though.

Not cool, dude, not cool.

Let's start with Mimic'd Fly so you can get in range to spam some attacks. Follow with a nice Thunderbolt to the (substitute's) face.

Then, use Thunder on the third action, unless the swablu uses Sunny Day on the second, which then Tri-Attack.

See, this way, you're technically commanded to use Thunder on an action after the first. This means that the swablu is forced to use Sunny Day on the second action. However, because he uses Sunny Day on the second action, you don't use Thunder on the third. I'm probably just clawing for loopholes here, but we're totally cool with that, right? Of course.

Double bonus if the swablu gets confused.

Mimic (Fly) ~ Thunderbolt ~ Thunder/Tri-Attack

(Also, SB, that is the best waffle ever. LINOONE APPROVAL POINT +1)
(Wait, I am allowed to call you SB, right?)
(You can really tell that I posted this 12:17 in the morning)

Wafflenator says:

[CA] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [BR] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [CH]

Aaargh I was tired when I wrote that
Fixed Download's boost.
Actually, blazhy, you were supposed to go first. The RNG says it's the same as the attacking order. Unless someone uses Trick Room, I guess. But whatever, post your filling.
And yeah, SB's fine.

Last edited:
The thing is, it'd be extremely unfair if someone went twice in a row in tic-tac-toe, so it has to be different from the attacking order.

Haha, it's a good thing I practiced playing tic-tac-toe with a friend before this! >:D

[CA] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [BR] [BM]
[ ] [ ] [CH]

You heard me.

Blazhy’s turn:
[ ] [BB] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

Linoone’s turn:

[HC] [BB] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

etc.
Team blazhy
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Swablu
Lutchurium (Male)
Energy: 80%
Status: I believe I can fly~ I believe I can touch the sky~
Commands: Substitute (15%) ~ Natural Gift / Sunny Day / Haze ~ Natural Gift / Haze / Sky Attack

Team Linoone
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Porygon
Health: 78%
Energy: 73%
Status: COMMANDS FAILED TO PRODUCE DESIRED EFFECT. NOW RE-EVALUTING AVAILABLE OPTIONS. Attack +1.
Commands: Mimic (Fly) ~ Thunderbolt ~ Thunder/Tri-Attack

Round 1 Begin!

Two more globs of sauce drop onto the waffle, their origin still completely unidentified.

The Swablu, still high in the sky, closes his eyes and concentrates. He glows brightly for a second, and then the glow pours off him into another Swablu shape. The new Swablu solidifies, blinks and then, having got its bearings, darts in front of Lutchurium, dteremined to protect him from harm. Death Canyon, meanwhile, is running a program: "MIMIC.EXE---FUNCTION COMPLETE. FILE: FLY.EXE SUCCESSFULLY CREATED." Suddenly, he begins floating and then darts up high, squaring off against Lutchurium very, very far above the waffle.

Lutchurium, having heard both trainers' orders, remembers that since the Porygon was told to use Thunder, he is meant to use Sunny Day. So be it, he thinks, as his eyes chance color to a bright yellow and the sunlight intensifies to a degree almost painful, the few clouds that had been present vaporizing. Death Canyon is loading a file named THUNDERBOLT.EXE, and suddenly he launches a massive bolt of the electricity used to power him at Lutchurium. The Substitute, however, darts in front of the attack, absorbing its full force. It seems severely damaged, charred and with large chunks missing from its surface, but it's still in a workable condition, noted Death Canyon with a sense of irritation.

Lutchurium glows with the same white aura as the previous round, which rips itself free in exactly the same manner, pours itself at Death Canyon, and sears its skin. Death Canyon runs yet another program, this one referencing three external files; three orbs of energy form in a triangle formation in front of the floating Porygon, one red, one yellow and one blue. The orbs fire beams of energy forward, which twist towards the center of the triangle and then wrap into something of a helix, heading straight for the substitute. The attack punches a massive hole in the substitute, leaving it missing most of the left half of its head and part of its left wing; it begins to fall and dissolves into energy in midair, vanishing long before it hits the ground.

Yet again, Death Canyon surveys the round with a feeling of uselessness. It hopes its luck picks up soon.

Round 1 End!

Team blazhy
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Swablu
Lutchurium (Male)
Health: 85%
Energy: 58%
Attacks Used: Substitute (15%) ~ Sunny Day ~ Natural Gift

Team Linoone
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Porygon
Health: 67%
Energy: 41%
Status: FOE SUBSTITUTE DESTROYED. NOW RE-EVALUATING AVAILABLE ATTACKS. Attack +1, Fly mimicked.
Attacks Used: Mimic - Fly ~ Thunderbolt ~ Tri-Attack

Substitute - 15% health (Lutchurium), 7% energy
Mimic - 6% energy
Fly - 6% energy, 2% energy per action upkeep
Sunny Day - 5% energy
Thunderbolt - 12% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 17, needed 100 to miss)
Tri-Attack - 13% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 70, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- WAAAAAAAAAAFLES
- The Substitute was destroyed on the third action.
- Whoo, Canyon lost a lot of energy there.
- Yeah, I guess you're right. So the tic-tac-toe order is always Linoone then blazhy.

Arena Notes
The sunlight is harsh (3 more rounds).
30nfz8i.jpg

Next Round
- Linoone Attacks and fills in a square
- blazhy Attacks and fills in a square
- I ref

Whoa super fast reffing there!

*RNGGodshrine*
*RNGGodshrine*
*RNGGodshrine*
*RNGGodshrine*

Well, Blazhy still has quite the upperhand here.

Alrighty. Our goal now is to get some of your energy back. Get yourself a 20% Substitute, then fly right above the swablu and let gravity take hold. If everything goes well, your weight should bring the swablu crashing down to earth. You're not going to Fly down, just stop flying right above the swablu and let gravity do the work. You shouldn't expand much energy this way.

If it has clones and you have no idea which swablu to land on, just fly straight through them until you find one that's solid. They should all be flying in a line around the swablu anyway, so it shouldn't be that hard. If you can't land on the swablu due to any reason not including a substitute, just land normally.

However, if it uses a status-inducing move such as Toxic or Sing and you have no Sub up yet, drop everything and Magic Coat.

Substitute (20%)/Magic Coat ~ Substitute (20%)/Land (on the swablu, if possible)/Magic Coat ~ Substitute(20%)Land/Chill

>:( Do not doubt my Tic-Tac-Toe powers!

*drinks maple syrup out of a bottle*

[CA] [ ] [ ]
[CH] [BR] [BM]
[ ] [ ] [CH]

Ugh, you know what, I can't be bothered to think at the moment. Lutchrium, just give me three Heat Waves. Don't bother dodging Death Canyon's land-crush thingy whatever - we need to land, too, and I don't fancy wasting an action. I can't see it doing too much damage, either, since the waffle isn't very hard by any means, and Death Canyon will probably take some damage too. Not to mention since you'll be /under/ Death Canyon that next Heat Wave is bound to hit.

Heat Wave ~ Heat Wave ~ Heat Wave

AWESOMESAUCE. MOAR IS NEEDED.

[CA] [ ] [ ]
[CH] [BR] [BM]
[BA] [ ] [CH]

You heard me.

Blazhy’s turn:
[ ] [BB] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

Linoone’s turn:

[HC] [BB] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

etc.
Team blazhy
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Swablu
Lutchurium (Male)
Health: 85%
Energy: 58%
Commands: Heat Wave ~ Heat Wave ~ Heat Wave

Team Linoone
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Porygon
Health: 67%
Energy: 41%
Status: FOE SUBSTITUTE DESTROYED. NOW RE-EVALUATING AVAILABLE ATTACKS. Attack +1, Fly mimicked.
Commands: Substitute (20%) / Magic Coat ~ Substitute (20%) / Land (on the swablu, if possible) / Magic Coat ~ Substitute(20%) / Land / Chill

Round 3 Begin!

Yet again, two globs of sauce drop onto the waffle, their origin as mysterious as ever.

From his vantage point high above the waffle, Lutchurium notes the strong sunlight will undoubtedly aid his attacks. Breathing in deeply, he opens his mouth (beak?) and exhales a plume of superheated air, burning the computer-code skin strongly but failing to leave a permanent mark. The Porygon, for its part, focusses hard and a stream of binary code flies from the surface of its body, forming itself into a much smaller Porygon.

Lutchurium, noting the success of the earlier Heat Wave, sends another plume of superheated air towards Death Canyon. This time, though, the Substitute darts in front of the attack, blackening and charring but remaining structurally sound. The real Death Canyon, meanwhile, floats up above the cottony Swablu, then releases his control over the local gravity, immediately beginning falling towards the earth. He collides with the Swablu, sending them both plummeting towards the ground.

After several seconds of freefall, the two collide with the waffley ground, oddly failing to break the crust. The two drag themselves away from the crater, battered and bruised but otherwise unharmed.

Lutchurium, yet again, breathes out the superheated air current, scorching and blackening the skin of the substitute, which darted in front of Canyon just before the attack hit. This final strike proves to be too much for the substitute, which melts into a puddle of liquid and then reverts to binary, rushing towards and being re-absorbed by Death Canyon. Death Canyon, meanwhile, has been sitting perfectly still and relaxing, allowing itself to recover slightly from the exertions of the battle.

Round 3 End!

Team blazhy
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Swablu
Lutchurium (Male)
Health: 81%
Energy: 34%
Status: Tiring, but I'm faring better than that thing at least.
Attacks Used: Heat Wave ~ Heat Wave ~ Heat Wave

Team Linoone
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Porygon
Health: 35%
Status: ERROR: BOTH HEALTH AND ENERGY REACHING CRITICALLY LOW LEVELS. Attack +1, Fly mimicked.
Attacks Used: Substitute (20%) ~ land ~ Chill
Chills: 1/3

Heat Wave - 12% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 79, needed 90 or above to miss)
Substitute - 20% health (Canyon), 10% energy
Heat Wave - 12% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 25, needed 90 or above to miss)
Landing - 4% damage to Lutchurium, 3% to Canyon
Heat Wave - 12% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 45, needed 100 or above to miss due to close range)
Chill - restored 5% energy

Notes
- WAAAAAAAAAAFLES
- Since Lutchurium would still subconsciously try to stay aloft, he expended a tiny bit of energy.
- Things are just not going Canyon's way, are they?
- The substitute was destroyed on the third action.
- Fixed it. I think that Chill on the third action was what it was to do if it had already Subbed and landed? I hope so anyway, that's how I reffed it.

Arena Notes
The sunlight is harsh (2 more rounds).
2wfu99z.jpg

Next Round
- blazhy Attacks
- blazhy fills in a square
- I ref

Last edited:
Holy jeez, do you ref fast. o.o Where are you finding all this free time? I could certainly use some, haha.

I am rather confused about what happened with the landing, however... It took two actions why, again? Under normal circumstances a single action with Fly would be enough time to land, but what just happened was a free-fall, which would undoubtedly be much faster than a graceful landing. And a Porygon weighs much more than a Swablu - 3 pounds as opposed to 80 - so I can't see Lutchrium's subconscious flapping making much of a difference.

Darn it, I need to remember to check the physics of these things. I thought that Porygon would be a lot lighter than Swablu, but I guess I was wrong.

I'll fix the reffing and post it very soon~

(The free time comes from the weekend, which it is no longer; reffings will be slower until the weekend rolls around again)

Last edited:
Okay, hrml. Heat Wave, Chill, and dodge and attack Fly. If you can't hit Death Canyon for whatever reason, Chill. If you can't hit it /and/ you have some sort of status condition, Heal Bell. Should Death Canyon be Biding, just Chill the entire round.

Lazy commands are lazy grahhh

Heat Wave/Chill/Heal Bell ~ Chill/Heal Bell ~ Fly (dodge and attack)/Chill/Heal Bell

SB, you are a crazy awesome ref. And yeah, that's what I meant. I swear it was in the commands before I posted >.<;

Also, you might want to update the number of Chills Canyon's used already.

Blazhy, the Heat Waves are going to burn the waffle! D:

Alrighty Canyon, I need you to take that Heat Wave LIKE A MAN. Or drinking bird-thing, whatever. This is vital to our plans! Probably. Chill, since you probably need to cool down after the Heat Wave. After that, Pain Split. If Kratos is allowed to beat the crap out of me with this, I get to use it in my own battle, right? Of course. The intense pain should hopefully disrupt the swablu's Chilling and make it restore less energy, although it doesn't really matter that much since you're going to die kind of soon. Finish off by Drinking Some Maple Syrup, because maple syrup is delicious and it would be a shame to go down before having some.

Chill ~ Pain Split ~ Drink Delicious Delicious Maple Syrup

I smell a tie!

[CA] [ ] [CM]
[CH] [BR] [BM]
[BA] [ ] [CH]

What are you talking about? It's always said he's Chilled once since he did, absolutely, I didn't go and change it or anything.

You heard me.

Blazhy’s turn:
[ ] [BB] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

Linoone’s turn:

[HC] [BB] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

etc.
Team blazhy
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Swablu
Lutchurium (Male)
Health: 81%
Status: Tiring, but I'm faring better than that thing at least.
Commands: Heat Wave / Chill / Heal Bell ~ Chill / Heal Bell ~ Fly (dodge and attack) / Chill / Heal Bell

Team Linoone
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Porygon
Health: 35%
Status: ERROR: BOTH HEALTH AND ENERGY REACHING CRITICALLY LOW LEVELS. Attack +1, Fly mimicked, speed +1
Commands: Chill ~ Pain Split ~ Drink Maple Syrup

Round 4 Begin!

Once again, two mysterious globs of sauce drop onto the waffle.

The Porygon is for once first to move, but that isn't surprising when said 'move' consists of just sitting there and relaxing. Lutchurium, for his part, is considerably more active, breathing out the same superheated plume of gas. As always, it chars Death Canyon's skin slightly, yet Canyon simply sits there and takes it, surprising Lutchurium.

Lutchurium, noting how much more relaxed Canyon looks, moves to perform the same action himself. Landing gently on the surface of the waffle, he curls up in his wings and relaxes. Death Canyon, having now woken from his rest, moves to attack. A strange purple aura surrounds both Pokémon, then strange globules pull themselves free from Lutchurium and float over to Canyon, where they are absorbed. This snaps Lutchurium back to full attention, though he's not yet fully recovered.

Feeling considerably less refreshed than he thinks he should be, he jumps a couple of times, then launches himself into the air, flapping his wings just before the pull of gravity overtakes him and continuing to soar. Death Canyon, meanwhile, moves over to one of the waffle-indentations and dips his beak in, drawing the mapley substance into a holding tank in his main torso wich is linked to a mass spectrometer, which begins to break down the substance. Upon reaching the high sugar content, he begins a simulated sugar rush (who thought that was a good idea?), pulling his symptoms into overdrive as the speed boost infuses his system. It is around this point when Lutchurium, having reached a sufficient altitude and begun plummeting to the ground, crashes into Death Canyon. Canyon feels very little in his sugar-induced daze, but the physical evidence of the damage is there. The two pull themselves away from the crash site.

...Which turns out to be a wise move, since an overly large (even by the standards of its species) Snorlax drops onto the very same spot. It staggers to its feet, looks around, and then growls in delight at the scents of all the delicious treats; it promptly rushes to each condiment-filled square and sucks up the massive quantities of condiments inside with a disgusting sucking noise. When it is finished, it falls over and lands face-down and snoring on the ground, too full to move even with its fabled appetite; the referee walks over to it and, in the interests of preventing the battlefield from being eaten, taps it lightly with a Pokéball. It is pulled inside and the Pokéball does not even wobble; the Snorlax is in far too deep a food-coma to struggle. The referee makes a mental note to sell the Snorlax to the Black Market at the end of the battle - uh no actually to give it to the people at the Registration Office for free so that it will be loved and cared for and stuff. Yeah.

Round 4 End!

Team blazhy
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Swablu
Lutchurium (Male)
Health: 52%
Energy: 23%
Attacks Used: Heat Wave ~ Chill ~ Fly

Team Linoone
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Porygon
Health: 41%
Energy: 10%
Status: HEALTHISNOWWITHINACCEPTABLENORMS; ENERGYREACHINGCRITICALLEVELS. AFURTHERREDUCTIONINENERGYMAYCAUSEASYSTEMFAILURE. Attack +1, Fly mimicked, speed +1
Attacks Used: Chill ~ Pain Split ~ Drink Maple Syrup
Chills: 2/3

Heat Wave - 12% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 84, needed 90 or above to miss)
Chill - restored 5% energy
Chill - restored 2% energy
Pain Split - Set both battlers' health to 52%, cost 29% energy
Fly - 11% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 20, needed 95 or above to miss)

Notes
- WAAAAAAAAAAFLES
- Oh dear, Death Canyon's on a sugar rush. Watch out for that one.
- Seriously, how is an artificial bird meant to get a sugar rush? The spectrometer and holding tank, by the way, was inspired by this comic.
- I predict more tic-tac-ties in future unless one of you slips up.
- I promise not to sell the Snorlax to the Black Market.
- Aaw, thanks for calling me crazy-awesome! :3 I try.
- It would be a shame to not let Canyon not get the deliciousness of maple syrup at least once and the arena description doesn't say when the Snorlax appears, so I shoved it to the end of the round.

Arena Notes
The sunlight is harsh (1 more round).
2448umv.jpg

Next Round
- blazhy Attacks and fills in a square
- I ref

Back
Top Bottom