• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Phantom vs Joo Dee

Dave Strider

the best coolkid
2vs2 single
DQ: 7 Days
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, All Healing Moves, All Chills
Arena: Grass Field

The arena is an open grass field. A perfect place for a beginner's match.

Phantom's Squad:
[Kadan] Charmander (Male)
Ability: Blaze

[My Dark Soul] Gastly
Ability: Levitate

[Blitz] Electrike (Female)
Ability: Static

Joo Dee's Squad:
Gastly
[Thin Air] Gastly (Male)

Zangoose
[Crush] Zangoose (Male)
Ability: Immunity

Shellos
[Shelly] Shellos (Female)
Ability: Sticky Hold

Coin says:
Phantom sends out
Joo Dee sends out and attacks
Phantom attacks
I ref

Phantom, heads up, you need to include your Gastly's gender in your profile.

Thanks for taking this, Dave.

Well, then, Shelly, let's go.

Rain Dance some clouds up first, then Water Pulse twice. If he taunts you the first action, use Hidden Power instead. If he uses Sunny Day the second action (how can he even learn this), use Ice Beam twice. If the Gastly uses Torment, use Ice Beam the second action and Water Pulse the third.

Rain Dance/Hidden Power~Water Pulse/Ice Beam/Ice Beam~Water Pulse/Ice Beam/Water Pulse

...did I do that right? (Also, how do you edit the original bank post to affect changes to your account? I feel dumb for asking this, but better now than later, I guess.)

I had to repost this to make it show up as "new post" because of the forum acting strange.

Ok My Dark Soul, use Hypnosis on the little turtle, if it works then use Dream Eater twice if not use Confuse Ray followed by Sucker Punch and Night Shade.

@Joo Dee: Every time you make a transaction, you make a new post. Don't edit posts in the bank to make new transactions unless you're adding links to wherever.

@Phantom: Please format your commands properly. Use tildes (~) to put spaces between commands, slashes (/) to show alternate commands. Also, your current commands seem to indicate that 4 attacks in the round. You can only use 3. Please repost with clearer commands please.

Apologies.

Also it did the same thing, I had to repost in order for it to show as new.

Hypnosis/Confuse Ray~Dream Eater/Sucker Punch~Night Shade

Joo Dee's team
(OO)
shellos-west
[Shelly] (F)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Rain Dance/Hidden Power~Water Pulse/Ice Beam/Ice Beam~Water Pulse/Ice Beam/Water Pulse

Phantom's team
(OO)
gastly
[My Dark Soul] (F)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Hypnosis/Confuse Ray~Dream Eater/Sucker Punch~Night Shade

Round 1

Shelly and My Dark Soul are released into the tall grass of the battlefield, both of them raring to have a battle. The trainers issue their orders, nodding at the referee. The ref blows a whistle and waves two flags around, and the battle starts.

My Dark Soul stares at his opponent, locking eyes with her. His eyes start to glow an eerie red colour, and he starts to mutter hypnotic suggestions to her under his breath. Shelly slowly starts to drift off. Pictures of peaceful dreams start to form in her head. Just before she sets sail to the magical land of nod, however, she suddenly remembers where she is. She tries to get up, slowly raises her head above the grass and breaks eye contact with My Dark Soul. She looks up at her floating opponent, wondering why he's so serious. It may be a battle, but there's still time for dancing, right? Right? Regardless whether it was the the proper time or not, she still does her little dance, She spins, jumps, insofar as a Shellos can jump, and shakes her head around a bit in her carefree rumba. As soon as she finishes, clouds form and a drop of rain falls out of the sky. Followed by some more. And some more, until it becomes an absolute downpour.

Shelly, proud of her cool dance, watched My Dark Soul. He wasn't doing anything. He was just hovering in mid-air, opposite to her. He was staring at her, watching her movements. Shelly takes the opportunity to start preparing her next attack. Small droplets of water appeared in front of her head, growing slightly bigger. While she's building up the power of her attack, My Dark Soul rushes towards her at high speed, bashing into her side and throwing her off her balance. Shelly staggered in the long grass. Her water pulse was still building up in front of her face, yet it was much smaller than before she had been hit. Slightly irritated, she fired off the small ball of water, which flew towards My Dark Soul. The second the ball hit, it exploded in a blast of water and massive, ear hurting sound.

My Dark Soul, thoroughly soaked by both rain and attacks, starts to build up his next attack. He builds up dark, ghostly energy in his eyes. He fires it out in a small purple beam, which heads straight for Shelly. Before it connects, it fizzles out pathetically in the air, not even getting near to it's intended target. Shelly, smirking at the failings of her enemy, builds up another large sphere of compressed water. Much bigger than the last one, she fires it towards My Dark Soul. It connects, exploding in another, larger, explosion of sound and water.

Joo Dee's team
(OO)
shellos
[Shelly] (F)
Health: 93%
Energy: 84%
Commands: Rain Dance/Hidden Power~Water Pulse/Ice Beam/Ice Beam~Water Pulse/Ice Beam/Water Pulse

Phantom's team
(OO)
gastly
[My Dark Soul] (F)
Health: 78%
Energy: 81%
Commands: Hypnosis/Confuse Ray~Dream Eater/Sucker Punch~Night Shade

Arena Notes:
It is raining heavily. (2 more rounds)

Ref Notes:
Night Shade didn't work because it has a base power of 10 times the amount of experience points the Pokémon has. My Dark soul has 0, ergo, base power of 0.
Phantom attacks first.

Crap I forgot about the nightshade thing...

Ok Soul use another use Payback, followed by Lick, and then another Sucker Punch.

Payback~Lick~Sucker Punch.

That went pretty well, I think.

Whip up a Substitute (10%) to avoid any chance of paralysis from Lick, then fire another Water Pulse. Finally, use Curse to avoid that Sucker Punch.

Substitute (10%)~Water Pulse~Curse

2vs2 single

Team Phantom
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Gastly
My Dark Soul (Female)
Health: 78%
Energy: 81%
Commands: Payback ~ Lick ~ Sucker Punch

Team Joo Dee
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Shellos
Shelly (Female)
Health: 93%
Energy: 84%
Commands: Substitute (10%) ~ Water Pulse ~ Curse

Round 2 Begin!

My Dark Soul is first to move, fading into shadows almost immediately and reappearing behind Shelly, where she gives the slug a sharp slap on the back of the head with a hand also formed form shadows, before fading away and reappearing at the other side of the field. Shelly begins extruding (read: vomiting) slime, leaving a messy heap on the ground, and then funnels her own energy into it, causing the whole substance to seemingly come to life. It pulls itself into a rough Shellos shape, albeit transparent and slightly white, and looks around as though disoriented, but seems to get its bearings and slimes in front of Shelly.

My Dark Soul is thoroughly revolted by the prospect of licking this thing, but orders are orders: she floats over to the slimeblob, sticks her tongue out, and gives it a good, strong lick, noting that the taste resembles... well, resembles the vomited-up slime of a sea slug. Shuddering, he floats back to his own end of the battlefield, turning around just in time to see Shelly spit out a glob of soundwaves mixed with water, which follows a perfect parabolic arc towards My Dark Soul, exploding in a ringing mess of sound but failing to confuse her.

Seeing Shelly beginning to chant a dark incantation, My Dark Soul vanishes into the shadows, reappearing behind Shelly once again, and she tries to clout the Shellos around the head once again; she goes straight through her head, though, and after several more futile swipes she gives up. She phases back to her own end of the field just as Shelly finishes her incantation; the sea slug glows bright white, almost as though evolving, and nearly doubles in size, the glow fading away.

My Dark Soul still can't get the taste of sea-slug-vomit out of her mouth as the round draws to a close, the rain continuing to pour down.

Round 2 End!

Team Phantom
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Gastly
My Dark Soul (Female)
Health: 70%
Energy: 65%
Attacks Used: Payback ~ Lick ~ Sucker Punch

Team Joo Dee
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Shellos
Shelly (Female)
Health: 79%
Energy: 69%
Status: I'm BIG! But... slow. Speed -1, attack +1, defense +1.
Attacks Used: Substitute (10%) ~ Water Pulse ~ Curse
Ani422MS.png
Substitute
Health:
8%

Damage / Energy Calculations
Payback - 4% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 12, needed 100 to miss)
Substitute - 10% health (Shelly), 5% energy
Lick - 2% damage, 3% energy (accuracy roll 66, needed 100 to miss)
Water Pulse - 8% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 61, needed 100 to miss)
Sucker Punch - 7% energy (accuracy roll 44, needed 100 to miss)
Curse - 6% energy

Notes
- Slug-vomit-slime-Substitute is disgusting.

Arena Notes
- Heavy rain is pouring (one more round)

Next Round
- Joo Dee Attacks
- Phantom Attacks
- Someone refs, maybe me

Last edited:
Why did Sucker Punch deal damage? Even in ASB it doesn't work if the opponent didn't use a damaging attack. Thanks for taking this, though.

Let's keep abusing that rain with Water Pulse (x2), then a nice Brine. If he Torments you, use Ice Beam the second action instead. If your substitute breaks and he tries to status you, use Protect, but only the first time he tries.

Water Pulse/Protect~Water Pulse/Ice Beam/Protect~Brine/Protect

2vs2 single

Team Phantom
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Gastly
My Dark Soul (Female)
Health: 70%
Energy: 65%
Commands: Shadow Ball ~ Curse ~ Hypnosis

Team Joo Dee
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Shellos
Shelly (Female)
Health: 79%
Energy: 69%
Status: I'm BIG! But... slow. Speed -1, attack +1, defense +1.
Commands: Water Pulse / Protect ~ Water Pulse / Ice Beam / Protect ~ Brine / Protect
Ani422MS.png
Substitute
Health:
8%

Round 3 Begin!

Trying to ignore the salty taste of the vomit-sime, My Dark Soul causes a portion of the gas surrounding her head to form into a ball, which launches at Shelly's substitute, flying towards it in a wide curve and hitting it in the face with a THUNK, passing straight through and emerging out the other side. The slime-blob falls apart on the spot. In retaliation, Shelly fires off another ball of soundwaves and water, which once again explodes in a ringing mass of sound upon hitting the floating head.

Ignoring the faint ringing in her ears, My Dark Soul begins a ghostly incantation - the same incantation that Shelly used in the last round, as it happens, though it sounds a lot more ominous and spooky - and, upon finishing it, her eyes glow a hellish red, and a large portion of the gas surrounding her pours itself towards Shelly, whereupon it is absorbed through her soft and highly absorbent skin. She immediately feels both weaker and much colder, although My Dark Soul isn't doing too well either; she's lost almost half of her body after all. Shelly spits out another mass of sound and water, which collides with My Dark Soul and explodes in the same way, almost knocking her out of the air.

Now having to strain against gravity, My Dark Soul gets to work on regenerating the lost gas; she also begins a much shorter dark incantation to try and send her opponent to sleep, but Shelly has, without her noticing, become surrounded by some kind of glowing green shield. No sound can pass through the shield, and so the incantation is rendered useless; just as My Dark Soul stops chanting, the shield fickers and vanishes.

Just as she thinks she is safe, though, Shelly's skin is suddenly overtaken with a hellish burning feeling; she cries out with pain, and suddenly it is over, as suddenly as it started. She shakes her head to try and shake off the feeling of being burned from the inside. It doesn't work. As if to add to the pain, the pouring rain suddenly peters out, the clouds vanishing in a matter of seconds.

Round 3 End!
Team Phantom
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Gastly
My Dark Soul (Female)
Health: 31%
Energy: 50%
Attacks Used: Shadow Ball ~ Curse ~ Hypnosis

Team Joo Dee
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Shellos
Shelly (Female)
Health: 72%
Energy: 57%
Status: YEEEEEEEAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH! Speed -1, attack +1, defense +1; Cursed.
Attacks Used: Water Pulse ~ Water Pulse ~ Protect

Shadow Ball - 9% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 23, needed 100 to miss)
Water Pulse - 8% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 42, needed 100 to miss)
Curse - 50% health (Soul), 4% energy
Water Pulse - 8% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 12, needed 100 to miss)
Hypnosis - 4% energy (accuracy roll 37, needed 70 or above to miss)
Protect - 4% energy

Notes
- My L key responds maybe half the time if I'm lucky at the moment, so there may be typos.

Arena Notes
- Not much, really.

Next Round
- Phantom Attacks
- Joo Dee Attacks
- Someone refs, maybe me

Last edited:
2vs2 single

Team Phantom
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Gastly
My Dark Soul (Female)
Health: 31%
Energy: 50%
Commands: Confuse Ray ~ Taunt ~ Shadow Ball

Team Joo Dee
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Shellos
Shelly (Female)
Health: 72%
Energy: 57%
Status: YEEEEEEEAAAAAARRRRRRRRGH! Speed -1, attack +1, defense +1; Cursed.
Commands: Protect ~ Brine ~ Mirror Coat

Round 4 Begin!

Shelly, despite her slowed state, is the first to move, using her own energy to form a barrier around herself, which manifests as a thich, translucent green barrier. My Dark Soul siphons off a small portion of her diminished-but-recovering gas coating, which begins glowing brightly and colorfully. It darts towards Shelly, where it dashes itself apart of the shield; the gases slowly return to My Dark Soul, and the shield fades away.

My Dark Soul begins mocking Shelly, imbuning his voice with dark energy. "Hey, sea-slug," she calls out, "when do you stop hiding behind things? First your vomit-clone, then that glass barrier; stop hiding and fight me like a Pokémon!"

The dark energy behind his words takes hold, and suddenly Shelly's mind is filled with thoughts of tearing My Dark Soul apart, ripping him to shreds, utterly destroying him. To that effect, she opens her mouth wide, much wider than any vertebrate could manage, and forcefully ejecting a blast of water infused with salt, which severely burns My Dark Soul's various cuts and wounds.

My Dark Soul begins her next move, another portion of her gaseous body siphoning itself away and forming into a small, solid ball infused with ghostly power, which launches at Shelly; it smashes into her face and the gases disperse, leaving a crater in her face that slowly moulds itself back to normal. The second her face has returned to its convex shape, she begins an attack, glowing a brilliant gold color; a bright beam of gold energy fires from her mouth to My Dark Soul, all of the damage she took from the Shadow Ball attack reflecting back double. The beam engulfs My Dark Soul, searing her skin; despite logic to the contrary, though, the Gastly holds onto a sliver of contrary. Looks like she'll live to see another round.

Round 4 End!

Team Phantom
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Gastly
My Dark Soul (Female)
Health: 6% [CAPPED]
Energy: 35%
Attacks Used: Confuse Ray ~ Taunt ~ Shadow Ball

Team Joo Dee
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Shellos
Shelly (Female)
Health: 57%
Energy: 38%
Status: GO DOWN ALREADY Speed -1, attack +1, defense +1; Cursed; Taunted (one more action).
Attacks Used: Protect ~ Brine ~ Mirror Coat

Protect - 4% energy
Confuse Ray - 4% energy (accuracy roll 19, needed 100 to miss)
Taunt - 4% energy (accuracy roll 60, needed 100 to miss)
Brine - 16% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 3, needed 100 to miss)
Shadow Ball - 9% damage, 7% energy (accuracy roll 10, needed 100 to miss)
Mirror Coat - 18% damage, 9% energy (accuracy roll 54, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- I like invertibrates.

Arena Notes
- There's saltwater everywhere.

Next Round
- Joo Dee Attacks
- Phantom Attacks
- Someone refs, maybe me

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom