• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Little Bluberry Bomb vs. Dark Shocktail (ref: Squornshellous Beta)

Squornshellous Beta

Pronoun
she/they/any
Battle Format: 2 vs 2 single
Battle Style: Switch
DQ Time: A week
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned and Restricted Moves: OHKO's, direct healing limit of 1, chill limit of 3
Arena Description: Sketchpad

A giant pad of paper made for transferring imagination into reality, everyone probably knows what one of these is. Except this one is big. Humongous, even. Yet for all intents and purposes it's flat, slightly textured surface provide an incredibly neutral field for battle. However, the paper seems highly resistant to normal damage, and as such the likes of fire, water, or any other damaging elements will not immediately disintegrate it's being as they may normal paper.

The ref plays an extra role in this battle, however.. upon accepting they are granted a magic pen, capable of bringing life to what is drawn onto the paper. As such, the ref gets to decide the arena effects each round, for better or for worse. (Try to remain unbiased though!! Most effects should probably affect both contenders unless you want to get creative with balance)
The catch is, they actually have to DRAW it - obviously. So with a little creativity (NOT asking for artistic genius here, Paint and scribbles will work, though effort would be appreciated~) this battle can flow as their fingers decide.
EVERY ROUND THE REF SHOULD DRAW THEIR CURRENT PERCEPTION OF THE BATTLE ON A 750x450 PIXEL TEMPLATE, AS WELL AS ADDING THE EFFECTS THEY WISH. For instance, the ref may draw a pond and colour the rest of the sheet green, to bring the battle to a grassy field with a small pond.
The ref may draw on the ENTIRE ARENA as they wish.

ADDITIONALLY, every three rounds STARTING AT ROUND TWO (Meaning the first round is played by contenders normally, then this will come into play, then two more will be played normally, and it will come into play again) both contenders will receive a disposable pen of their own, which will have enough ink for ONE EFFECT. By using a turn labelled as "Sketch", a Pokemon may sketch a desired effect using this pen, either immediately, or holding onto the pen for a later round. (Only two may be held at one time)
When a pen is used, the contender uses the same 750x450 pixel sheet to illustrate their desired effect, BUT THEY MAY NOT DESCRIBE IT WITH WORDS. Instead, the ref judges from their drawing alone and applies the effect as such!
When a contender produces their own effect, the ref will copy their drawing and ADD to it, but not OVERRIDE it. If both players use their pens at the same time, the player whose turn is first gets first dibs, the second player may ADD but not OVERRIDE it, and the ref takes last priority. A player's effect may only affect a maximum of HALF THE ARENA.
(FOR EXAMPLE: If Player 1 draws a field of Fire on the left side of the field, player two may draw the right side of the field with water, but NOT cover the existing fire. The ref is then within their liberty to add, for example, a platform on either side - but not remove or edit player effects drastically.)
Finally, at the end of every round the pad is wiped clean to begin anew. Meaning at the beginning of every round, it will have returned to a clean, neutral field until edited again.
Little Bluberry Bomb's Active Squad
Ammy.png

Amaturasu (Female)
Ability: Inner Focus
Body Mod: Fight Stance

Gyarados-f
Murderbeast (Female)
Ability: Intimidate
Held Item: Dragon Scale

Vespiquen
Ben (Female)
Ability: Pressure
Held Item: Silverpowder

Vaporeon
Tiamat (Female)
Ability: Water Absorb

ghostvee_1.png

Koffi Kat (Female)
Ability: Scrappy

Relicanth-f
Rock Lobsta (Female)
Ability: Rock Head
Held Item: Leftovers

Swinub
Roomba (Female)
Ability: Snow Cloak
Held Item: EXP Share

Spinarak
Niflheim (Female)
Ability: Swarm
Move Mod: Crimson Swarm
Body Mod: Unwitting Royalty
Held Item: item

Sableye
Doppelgänger (Female)
Ability: Keen Eye
Held Item: Reaper Cloth

Wormadam-steel
The Grouch (Female)
Ability: Anticipate
Held Item: Occa Berry

Dark Shocktail's Active Squad
Pichu
Shocktail (Male)
Ability: Static

f0sup1.jpg

Anarchy (Female)
Ability: Soundproof
Move Mod: Tempo Push
Body Mod: DJ-Chu

Cubone
Shkan (Male)
Ability: Rock Head

First Round
- Little Bluberry Bomb sends out
- Dark Shocktail sends out and attacks
- Little Bluberry Bomb attacks
- I ref

(Also Bluberry you've spelt Blueberry wrong though it was probably intentional I guess)
(Also please get links to your sig attributes and stuff in your profile it's annoying having to find them)
(Also you've not updated Tiamat to be a Vaporeon)
(Also can I just call you Bluberry?)

(Also Bluberry you've spelt Blueberry wrong though it was probably intentional I guess)
(Also please get links to your sig attributes and stuff in your profile it's annoying having to find them)
(Also you've not updated Tiamat to be a Vaporeon)
(Also can I just call you Bluberry?)

l: I'm pretty sure it's intentional, yes.
The domain change screwed up all my links, it's just as annoying to fix them, and I've been busy.
I haven't had time.
Call me whatever you like.

And I'm sending out Amaturasu, who has been renamed recently to Anastasia but again no time for profile you can call her whatever too I'll be saying Anna point is Riolu wuff wuff.
Also she's holding a Soothe Bell. I'll fetch the link. Later.

Going with Anny~? Then I best shake things up a little and go with Shocktail!

Okay, let's see how this goes..Start off with a Sweet Kiss to confuse her. If it works, go ahead and use Nasty Plot to buff yourself up. If not, use Thunderwave to try and disable her that way. No matter what, use Nasty Plot to finish up so you've got some extra strength to you!

Sweet Kiss ~ Nasty Plot/Thunderwave ~ Nasty Plot

Righto then!

...Soulsilver's a helluva drug. Since when did Riolu get Magic Coat?
Welp I'm not complaining, lead with it, Anna, show the mousey /you're/ the only sexual deviant around here. >:3c bounce that confusion right back.
Now.. I doubt there's any avoiding paralysis in this particular matchup, so instead, we're going to take the opportunity to kick him in the face. Hard. Since he's been so kind as to let us focus without being punched in the face or summat, Swap to Chagi stance and wind up a nice Focus Kick, that'll leave him reeling.
And to finish up with a Force Kick, perhaps we can return that paralysis favour to boot. If by some unfortunate pile of hax you weren't able to move the previous turn, though, go for Focus Kick instead, since he's still being so kind as to let us wind up. Swap to Chagi, as well, if you haven't already~

Magic Coat ~ Swap: Chagi + Focus Kick ~ Force Kick / Swap: Chagi + Focus Kick

Banned and Restricted Moves: OHKO's, direct healing limit of 1, chill limit of 3

A giant pad of paper made for transferring imagination into reality, everyone probably knows what one of these is. Except this one is big. Humongous, even. Yet for all intents and purposes it's flat, slightly textured surface provide an incredibly neutral field for battle. However, the paper seems highly resistant to normal damage, and as such the likes of fire, water, or any other damaging elements will not immediately disintegrate it's being as they may normal paper.

The ref plays an extra role in this battle, however.. upon accepting they are granted a magic pen, capable of bringing life to what is drawn onto the paper. As such, the ref gets to decide the arena effects each round, for better or for worse. (Try to remain unbiased though!! Most effects should probably affect both contenders unless you want to get creative with balance)
The catch is, they actually have to DRAW it - obviously. So with a little creativity (NOT asking for artistic genius here, Paint and scribbles will work, though effort would be appreciated~) this battle can flow as their fingers decide.
EVERY ROUND THE REF SHOULD DRAW THEIR CURRENT PERCEPTION OF THE BATTLE ON A 750x450 PIXEL TEMPLATE, AS WELL AS ADDING THE EFFECTS THEY WISH. For instance, the ref may draw a pond and colour the rest of the sheet green, to bring the battle to a grassy field with a small pond.

ADDITIONALLY, every three rounds STARTING AT ROUND TWO (Meaning the first round is played by contenders normally, then this will come into play, then two more will be played normally, and it will come into play again) both contenders will receive a disposable pen of their own, which will have enough ink for ONE EFFECT. By using a turn labelled as "Sketch", a Pokemon may sketch a desired effect using this pen, either immediately, or holding onto the pen for a later round. (Only two may be held at one time)
When a pen is used, the contender uses the same 750x450 pixel sheet to illustrate their desired effect, BUT THEY MAY NOT DESCRIBE IT WITH WORDS. Instead, the ref judges from their drawing alone and applies the effect as such!
When a contender produces their own effect, the ref will copy their drawing and ADD to it, but not OVERRIDE it. If both players use their pens at the same time, the player whose turn is first gets first dibs, the second player may ADD but not OVERRIDE it, and the ref takes last priority. A player's effect may only affect a maximum of HALF THE ARENA.
(FOR EXAMPLE: If Player 1 draws a field of Fire on the left side of the field, player two may draw the right side of the field with water, but NOT cover the existing fire. The ref is then within their liberty to add, for example, a platform on either side - but not remove or edit player effects drastically.)
Finally, at the end of every round the pad is wiped clean to begin anew. Meaning at the beginning of every round, it will have returned to a clean, neutral field until edited again.
Pre-Round Notes
Through a mysterious, crayon-looking door walk three people, looking to find out where it leads. The door slams shut behind them as the last person walks through, leaving them stranded on a giant piece of paper. Being trainers, naturally, the first priority is to have a battle! The contestants take their places at the ends of the field, leaving the third person to be the referee. A mysterious pen appears in her hand as she signals to send out the Pokémon. One flash of light forms into a Pichu, the other into a Riolu missing one of its arm. The referee calls for the battle to begin.

Team Little Bluberry Bomb
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Ammy.png

Anastasia (Female)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Magic Coat ~ Swap: Chagi + Focus Kick ~ Force Kick / Swap: Chagi + Focus Kick
Chills: 0/3
Healings: 0/1
Signature Attribute: Fight Stance
Item: Soothe Bell
Stance: Kyorugi Joombi

Team Dark Shocktail
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Pichu
Shocktail (Male)
Energy: 100%
Commands: Sweet Kiss ~ Nasty Plot / Thunder Wave ~ Nasty Plot

Round 1 Begin!

Before either battler can make a move, the referee runs onto the field, and with the same pen begins scribbling all over the battlefield. When finished, she leaps back, just as her drawing comes to life: ice juts out and the majority of the battlefield suddenly becomes water, accompanied by a sharp drop in temperature. (Arena)

Ignoring the now-frostbite-inducing temperature, Anna focusses her energy, a flickering gloden sheen appearing and covering her skin, changing her to an entirely golden Riolu. Shocktail, revolted by what he has to do but loyal to his trainer nontheless, darts forward and plants a kiss on Anna's face, toxins in his lips intended to cause confusion; unfortuately, the Magic Coat causes the toxins to return to Shocktail himself, which he notices almost immediately as the world seems to be melting, distorting, and shifting around. It makes him feel very ill. The Magic Coat, its job complete, fades away, leaving Anna as a regular-colored Riolu once again.

Leaving Shocktail to stagger about, Anna switches to a more combat-oriented stance, ready to better strike at her foe. A pale red aura begins to form around her foot as the staggering Pichu looks at her, charges at the one on the left, and misses wildly, tripping and skidding along the ice, though through some stroke of luck he stops before he falls in. Even in his confusion, he has the sense to get away from the edge, doing so just as Anna comes flying through the air with a massively bright red aura around her foot, smashes into his face with a loud CRACKing sound, and then leaps away.

Shocktail's mouth no longer seems to work properly, his jaw not opening or closing controllably; he is also in a lot of pain. He begins thinking horribly dark and possibly murderous thoughts, and suddenly realises a way to make his attacks considerably more powerful with less effort. He makes a note to do it in future. Anna, while tired from the exertions of the Focus Kick, leaps towards Shocktail once more, delivering a precise kick to his chest (she has the decency not to hit him in the face again). He reels back, but recovers fairly quickly, though the world is still imploding or something.

As the round draws to a close, the frigid sea and the massive block of ice return to being paper once more. The temperature also returns to bearable levels.

Round 1 End!

1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Ammy.png

Anastasia (Female)
Energy: 70%
Status: Hahahaha, that went tremendously. Defense -3, Special Defense -3
Moves Used: Magic Coat ~ Swap: Chagi + Focus Kick ~ Force Kick
Stance: Chagi

Team Dark Shocktail
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Pichu
Shocktail (Male)
Health: 59%
Energy: 87%
Status: Ouch. Confused (Moderate; 50% chance of confusionfail); Special Attack +2, jaw seems to be broken.
Moves Used: Sweet Kiss ~ [confused] ~ Nasty Plot

Damage / Energy Calculations
Magic Coat - 4% energy
Sweet Kiss - 4% energy (Accuracy roll 24, needed 75 or above to miss)
Stance change - 3% energy
Focus Kick - 27% damage, 13% energy (Accuracy roll 94, needed 100 to miss)
Confustionfail - 4% damage (Shocktail)
Nasty Plot - 5% energy
Force Kick - 10% damage, 9% energy (Accuracy roll 49, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Attack order this round went Anna (priority), Anna (Priority), Shocktail.
- Dear holy Arceus that Focus Kick is powerful.
- That didn't go too well for Shocktail did it.
- I think I made you angry, Bluberry. Did I make you angry? I'm sorry if I did!

Arena Notes
- Arena this round: Ice floe. Ice-type moves get a damage boost of 2* and any Pokémon that fell into the water would be severely frozen and returned to the field by some friendly Dewgong.

Next Round
- Little Bluberry Bomb Attacks
- Dark Shocktail Attacks
- I ref

(oh.. uh.. s: sorry.. bit 'mad at the world' so to speak. pardon perceivable rudeness..)

...Oh deary me. o_o s-shocktail :C I-I'm sorry, I- I- eeeeep-

But my my.. tremendously indeed, Anna you little powerhouse you~ Wonderful~ But that little chu is looking scary with that +2 under his belt..I think it would be best we swap back to Kyorugi Joombi stance and have our defences back to neutral. I doubt we'll get an attack off considering, but it's best to better defend ourselves, especially with the lead we already have - but if you /can/ attack, I say fire off a nice Aura Sphere, which is probably preferable since we've already pushed our luck with Static. If Mousey protects, however, then go ahead and put up a 15% sub.

Next up, if we're still in okay shape status-wise.. go ahead and throw up a 15% Substitute if you don't have one already to put a nix on those Thunderwave and Sweet Kiss antics. If, however, you've been status'd or have one already - you may as well keep at throwing the Aura Spheres. And if you have a Sub /and/ he's protecting, then.. May as well set up an Agility, so we can break out of these worrisome speed-tie antics.

Finally, once more with Aura Sphere, unless, again, he's protecting. If you didn't last turn, use Agility - if you did, go for a Swords Dance and we'll go back to dancing with the devil with physical hits.

Swap: Kyorugi Joombi + Aura Sphere/Substitute: 15% ~ Substitute: 15% / Aura Sphere / Agility ~ Aura Sphere / Agility / Swords Dance

Oh bugger! Well, that was a bad turn...hopefully this turn goes better...

Right, we can't afford any damage, so throw up a Protect first.

She should use Substitute and with that Sub up she'll either attack or buff up her stats...if she attacks, protect yourself again. If she does anything else though, use Encore to keep her doing whatever it is she's doing.

With her distracted, use Wish so you can heal that awful break to your jaw you have. If Encore fails for whatever reason though be ready to Protect from any attacks she might fire at you. If she buff up though, try Encore again.

Protect ~ Protect/Encore ~ Wish/Protect/Encore

1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Ammy.png

Anastasia (Female)
Energy: 70%
Status: Hahahaha, that went tremendously. Defense -3, Special Defense -3
Commands: Swap: Kyorugi Joombi + Aura Sphere / Substitute ~ Substitute / Aura Sphere / Agility ~ Aura Sphere / Agility / Swords Dance

Team Dark Shocktail
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Pichu
Shocktail (Male)
Health: 59%
Energy: 87%
Status: Ouch. Confused (Moderate; 50% chance of confusionfail); Special Attack +2, jaw seems to be broken.
Moves Used: Protect ~ Protect / Encore ~ Wish / Protect / Encore

Round 2 Begin!

As before, the referee runs onto the battlefield, begins scribbling - this time in bright red and dark brown - and then leaps back to her own brown blob, just as the brown areas spring up and change to rock and the red begins glowing and bubbling, accompanied with an extreme rise in temperature. (Arena)

Uncomfortable though he is in the vastly higher temperatures, Shocktail readies his attack, a translucent shield of what looks like glass appearing around him, the air inside which increases in temperature even more, becoming stiflingly hot. Anna, meanwhile, funnels her own energy into the ground in front of her, which reverts to its papery texture, an image of another Riolu (with both its arms) appearing. The image suddenly lifts itself up, pulls itself out of the paper and then leaps in front of Anastasia, ready to defend her. The papery ground returns to rock once more. Shocktail's shield flickers out of existence with a fizzling noise.

Anna immediately begins her next attack, a spark of energy dancing into life in her hand and growing to a three-inch-diameter orb, which she tosses at Shocktail, missing wildly. The orb curves round, however and heads straight for Shocktail, exploding on contact. The impact distracts him from his previous thoughts - he was trying to figure out his attacks, since using an attack seemed to him to negate the conditions for using it - and he just decides to wing it, settling on using Encore. He begins cheering and clapping, complimenting Anna on her attack, all the while putting a very slight power behind his words. The power takes hold in Anna, since she registers Aura Sphere as the attack of choice.

Once again, Anna causes the orb of energy to grow into existence, hurling it towards Shocktail, where it once again explodes upon hitting him. By now in incredible pain, Shocktail begins praying to Arceus himself, making a mental plea for assistance. He has a vague feeling that his plea has been answered, though no relief is obvious; he wonders just hy this would be the case as the ground once again returns to being the blank white sheet of paper.

An odd distortion appears at the feet of each trainer, each forming into a pen. Both trainers almost simeltaneously reach down and pick them up.

Round 2 End!

(Pens: 1)
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Ammy.png

Anastasia (Female)
Health: 85%
Energy: 47%
Status: A useful move indeed. Defense -3, Special Defense -3; encored (one more action)
Moves Used: Substitute (15%) ~ Aura Sphere ~ Aura Sphere
Ani447MS.png
Substitute
Health:
15%

Team Dark Shocktail
(Pens: 1)
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Pichu
Shocktail (Male)
Health: 37%
Energy: 74%
Status: Come on, Arceus... I mean, whenever you wish. Confused (Moderate; 50% chance of confusionfail); Special Attack +2, jaw seems to be broken; wish will be granted in two actions.
Moves Used: Protect ~ Encore ~ Wish

Damage / Energy Calculations
Protect - 4% energy
Substitute - 15% health (Anastasia), 7% energy
Aura Sphere - 11% damage, 8% energy
Encore - 4% energy (Accuracy roll 49, needed 100 to miss)
Aura Sphere - 11% damage, 8% energy
Wish - 5% energy

Notes
- Attack order this round went Shocktail (priority), Anna, Anna.
- Second round had circular commands, so it was randomized.

Arena Notes
- Arena this round: Lava field. Only ranged attacks would work; any non-fire type that tried to use a non-ranged attack would become severely burned and take 5% fire-type damage.

Next Round
- Dark Shocktail Attacks
- Little Bluberry Bomb Attacks
- I ref

uhm.. well as advantageous as it may be for me, I think you've misunderstood the commands DS issued - she quite clearly said to only use Encore if an attack wasn't launched, otherwise to protect. It shouldn't cause a command fumble..

If Anna used an offensive move, Shocktail was to use Protect, which would cause Anna to use Agility, which would cause Shocktail to use Encore, which would cause Anna to use Aura Sphere. The commands negate one another, so that action was randomized.

Derp I'm late once again

Dark Shocktail is DQ'ed. He recieves nothing. Anna gets two happypoints due to her soothe bell. Little Bluberry Bomb gets $8, and I get $5 for reffing. This was a fun battle while it lasted; shame it had to end so soon.

Back
Top Bottom