• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress The Birth of the Pokémon World

Zoltea

Zoltea - The Jolteon
The Birth of the Pokémon World

First thing to know: I am an inexperienced writer, do not expect top-of-the-line writing here. I do have a bad habit of having characters give lengthy explanations of how stuff works or what's happening etc. I will try to avoid those in the story by just giving those to you outside of the story or something. Finally, expect side comments, this is stuff born of my imagination and it's unpredictable even to me.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm lazy and have little free time, so this will take a while to complete.

Disclaimer: I do not own Pokémon. There will be some parallels presented in here to stuff already presented in pokémon lore, it'll have a twist though. Finally, there will be references to things of reality, this is on purpose as it does take place on earth.

Comments and criticism are welcomed, however if you have a complaint please take that to PM.

Chapter One - The Meeting

“Many of you know why we are here today,” said Professor Tashoki. He looked aged, with white hair. Yet his face was rather smooth as if he was still youthful. His glasses had a shine on them in the dim light of the room, concealing his eyes. Despite the importance of the occasion, he chose to wear a stained lab coat with scruffy shoes as he gave his presentation. A holographic presentation was in the middle of the room. Many well-dressed men and women sat in chairs watching the presentation, their ages ranging from young adults to highly aged. Each of them watched in eager anticipation.
“This organization has existed in secret for hundreds of years, members of it quietly working in many different research facilities. All of us throughout the ages have had a single goal. This organization was founded in 2015, 19 years after the release of what has motivated us for hundreds of years.” continued Tashoki.
He quickly switched the image of the presentation to a logo long forgotten. It read in large yellow letters “Pokémon”. He then continued on with his presentation, “A group of loyal Pokémon fans who were also incredible scientists began this organization in hopes that one day all of the missing research would be completed and compiled here. Our aim has been to eventually create Pokémon. The memory of it is only kept alive here. Shortly after Satoshi Tajiri retired, it began to decline in popularity, with only a handful of people still faithfully continuing in it. However, that handful eventually died and so did the memory of Pokémon. Our ancestors continued the knowledge down, keeping every fact about it preserved. Unfortunately, all that remains outside of here are broken websites that used to thrive under its popularity.” Again he quickly changed the image of the presentation. This new image contained various dates of scientific achievements.
“Now then, over hundreds of years our members have assisted in researching all of these until finally the achievements were reached. They then proceeded to store all information about it within our organization. Most of these areas of research were either destroyed by the government or kept fully secured as most of them violated ethical scientific standards. However we have all of it stored here. In 2063, a scientist from our organization successfully broke the law of conservation of energy. Following that achievement, in 2134, they finally succeeded in making the first stand-alone self-sustaining energy core. This energy core is capable of producing infinite amounts of energy, however it requires much use in order to get larger amounts of outputs. The method of creating these cores was however sealed away so that nobody would use it to create weapons. In 2087, genetic research had led to the creation of an organic tissue that could not be penetrated by any weapon. The research was destroyed by the scientists who created it when they learned that the government wanted it for military purposes. Of course, you can go read up on how to create this tissue along with the other information we obtained. In 2176, they had finally figured out the biological brain: how to map it out, or even create their own. In fact, in 2213, they even produced a brain that worked better than a human's that could fit within the skull of a guinea pig with the help of one of the members of our group. We managed to gather all the information before the brain size research was destroyed by the government, not wishing anyone to become smart enough to overpower them. Using the energy core and brain research, in 2245, within one of our secret laboratories, we managed to hook up a brain to it such that energy output from the core could be controlled. Better yet, the brain even managed to directly convert the energy to matter. However, even with all of these, we still lacked one thing that would allow our goal to be reached. As of last week, a group of biologists mostly consisting of our members..” He gestured toward a group of scientists in the audience, “managed to finally crack the genetic code. This will now allow us to customize any creature as we wish. The entirety of the research has been added to our database. We fear it may only be a matter of months before the research is destroyed. The scientists who have uncovered all of this research have not done it in vain, as we have successfully collected and expanded upon all of it.” He turned off the hologram. Done with the presentation, he smiled.
“It has taken us 324 years since this group was created to finally get all of the necessary research. It is now finally time to begin the long anticipated project. Ladies and gentlemen here today, as of now, I am commissioning project Pokémon.” He grinned again and took a bow. The audience stood up and applauded and cheered. They knew that they would be the generation to finally see the organization's goals a success. Tashoki then dismissed them, telling them that work would begin tomorrow.''

----

Tashoki is pronounced Tah-Show-Kee.
Sci-Fi, lovely, don't take any of these dates seriously.
By the way, if anyone can see where one of the energy core flaws is going, props to you. If you don't, think of how it relates to an aspect of pokémon.
Finally, don't try any of this at home, seriously.

Last edited:
Re: The Birth of the Pokémon World

When I first saw this, I expected to see something about Arceus and Mew creating the world. I'm pleased with what I found.

Back
Top Bottom