• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Crazy Linoone vs. Wargle

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
1vs1 single
Style: Set
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Jar of Air (Cookie Flavor)

It's a jar. Filled with cookie-scented air.

Is there really anything else to say about it?

The jar itself is large -- about three wailords in diameter and three wailords high, or high enough to Fly -- and made of some sort of clear, see-through material. While the material looks like glass and feels like glass and, in all essence, is glass, it's somehow unbreakable. The top of the jar is closed with an air-tight metal lid, to keep all the air inside the jar inside and the air outside the jar, out.

(How the trainers will get out might cause some problems, but there's been weirder arenas in ASBer, so it shouldn't cause that much of a problem.)

The best part? The air inside smells like cookies. The aroma of delicious, sweet, freshly baked cookies, right out of the oven, fills the jar, making anyone who takes a whiff start salivating like there's no tomorrow.

A pokemon can spend one action to take a deep breath of the delicious, cookie-scented air, which will energize the pokemon, restoring 5% energy and giving it a +1 boost in a random stat.

Too bad there's no actual cookies though.

Other: Aerodactyls only. Also, trainers don't have to worry about running out of air because Word of God said so.

Crazy Linoone's Aerodactyl:
- Blazhy (Female Aerodactyl - Pressure - Signature Attribute: Mechanical Dragon)

Wargle's Aerodactyl:
- Xero (Male Aerodactyl - Pressure - @Expert Belt)

And so dictates the coins that will now mess around with languages:
Braviary irrelevantly sends out
Crazy Massuguma irrelevantly sends out and relevantly issues commands
Braviary relevantly issues commands
Eu refs

wtf no braviary! Also O= I am so surprised yo took this!.

GO GYARADOS!!!*shot* *Xero's Pokéball rolls out onto the floor and opens up, while Wargle bleeds to death*

((also, I am totally not gonna spam Fire Fang. Exoert Belt Woo. And I had to research if Steel Flying was weak to rock))

Last edited:
Go Blazhy go~

Ahhhh dammit I hate attacking first. Thunderwave until it hits, then spam Ice Fang.

If Xero has a Substitute up so you can't Thunderwave it, just spam Ice Fang until the Sub breaks, then Thunderwave.

If Xero Protects/Detects, just mope around and don't to anything, unless it's on the first action, which then Stealth Rock.

If Xero Flies up so you can't hit it, Fly up after it and continue whatever you were doing before.

If Xero is about to kill you with [Fire-type attack]spam, get really pissed and try to dodge it with Fly, or, if you think it's hopeless, continue doing whatever you were doing before.

Thunderwave/Fly/Stealth Rock ~ Thunderwave/Ice Fang/Fly ~ Thunderwave/Ice Fang/Fly

Unless it learns it through it's attribute, Aerodactyl is unable to learn Thunderwave. Crap, he can. Um, I don't many Anti-status moves on you Xero, please learn some.

Ooh, new plan coming on.

I'd say go ahead and hit on her until she loves you, also, try to go first on the first action. Once it works, use Flamethrower, if you have an action leftover, hurry-up and apologize and insist that I'm just a bitch on her moody-day today and am jealous of her because I secretly love you in a creepy-way ((I love you as a teammate, but I'm not into beastality, sorry buddy)) [[and Don't make me sound that bad but do a good job]].

Attract ~ Attract/Flamethrower ~ Attract/Flamethrower/Captivate

1vs1 single
Other: Aerodactyls only. Also, trainers don't have to worry about running out of air because Word of God said so.

Round 1

Crazy Linoone (O)
Currently out: Blazhy
picture.php

Female Aerodactyl
Ability: Pressure
Signature Attribute: Mechanical Dragon
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: All systems running.
Commands: Thunder Wave/Fly/Stealth Rock ~ Thunder Wave/Ice Fang/Fly ~ Thunder Wave/Ice Fang/Fly

Wargle (O)
Currently out: Xero
Aerodactyl
Male Aerodactyl
Hold Item: Expert Belt
Energy: 100%
Condition: Polishing his upcoming act.
Commands: Attract ~ Attract/Flamethrower ~ Attract/Flamethrower/Captivate

The jar itself is large -- about three wailords in diameter and three wailords high, or high enough to Fly -- and made of some sort of clear, see-through material. While the material looks like glass and feels like glass and, in all essence, is glass, it's somehow unbreakable. The top of the jar is closed with an air-tight metal lid, to keep all the air inside the jar inside and the air outside the jar, out.

(How the trainers will get out might cause some problems, but there's been weirder arenas in ASBer, so it shouldn't cause that much of a problem.)

The best part? The air inside smells like cookies. The aroma of delicious, sweet, freshly baked cookies, right out of the oven, fills the jar, making anyone who takes a whiff start salivating like there's no tomorrow.

A pokemon can spend one action to take a deep breath of the delicious, cookie-scented air, which will energize the pokemon, restoring 5% energy and giving it a +1 boost in a random stat.

Arena status: Unchanged.

-----​

A zapping sound sliced the sweet-scented air within an airtight, gargantuan jar. About forty-four meters wide and tall, to be roughly precise. Metric for the win.

Three people dropped from nonwhere into the innards of the translucent container. After the painful landings ensued, one of them recalled an Abra while thanking him.

Two of these people took opposite positions, whereas another one stood in between. The third fellow took a moment to revise the match's specific rules. Which is to say, "YES ITEMS, NO OHKO, AERODACTYL ONLY, COOKIE DESTINATION". And something about a damage cap.

The other two took a moment to wallow in unbridled sniffing of the fresh aroma before snapping out of it and gettion on with the sendouts.

The first to take to the skies was a thin-bodied, vaguely draconic creature with a smooth, rocky hide and large wings that paired with the saw teeth to create an imposing image. A black sash hung onto his waistline, its ends fluttering along with his pointed tail.

The next appearance was an unexpected sight. Her skin was not made of rock, but of light blue, affordable metal. Her head had significant differences in shape, most notably the lack of an elongated jaw loaded with scary fangs, and the presence of a strange crystal. Her large, dark blue wings made a pumping noise when she took to the aromatized skies. And, most importantly: (makeshift) ninjatoes.

The third Aerodactyl to take the field was a trip back to the standard, but with an imposing, eerily fluttering cape to let everyone know that the referee is always the mo'fo with the authority.

Once more atop the backs of his most trusty flier, Metallica Fanboy signaled for the battle the commence, while the battlers tried to withstand said trusty flier's ranting about newfangled artificial Pokémon.

Said newfangled artificial Pokémon took the front, shooting a weak pulse of electricity, straight out of her numerous wires. It was a successful preemptive attack that caught its target full-on. While it wasn't strong enough to cause significant damage, it cause severe cramping and made all movements tougher on its victim.

But Xero was confident that he could keep the lead of the battle. With tons of effort, he approached his foe, searching for good pickup lines but realizing always that they would never work with a robot. Hm. Tough call, chatting mechas up. That is, until he remembered vaguely hearing something before the battle. So, as slick as a prehistoric atrocity can muster in Pokémon language, he whispered:

"Hey, baby, I have plenty of maple syrup in my flat."

He had no idea why he said "flat". It just sounded so right.

Nonetheless, the romance bomb exploded just as planned. The sound and thought of "maple syrup" automatically triggered a strange rush within Blazhy. Pumps running faster and all of that. Maybe something about hearts beating, except motherboards don't beat.

The rush was so viciously strong, it took priority over the battle. The man-made (or creature-made, if that's more suitable) Aerodactyl had no intention to fight any longer for a while. The idea of MAPLE SYRUP was more important.

Initially, that hardly mattered, as her enemy's condition worsened and he could hardly stay aloft, let alone strike. But, just before the end of the round, he managed to slide in one session of gushing flames. And affordable metal doesn't take very well to flames.

Round 1 – End

Crazy Linoone (O)
picture.php

Female Aerodactyl
Health: 85%
Energy: 97%
Condition: MAPLE SYRUP
Performed: Thunder Wave ~ Full attraction ~ Full attraction

Wargle (O)
Aerodactyl
Male Aerodactyl
Energy: 92%
Condition: Struggling against his predicament.
Performed: Attract ~ Full paralysis ~ Flamethrower​

Additional notes:
- I am so going to screw up on how Crazy Linoone's Aerodactyl is supposed to behave.
- The Aerodactyls obviously tie in speed and thus required a who goes first roll up until Xero's paralysis. That was only for the first action, and Blazhy had the luck.
- And Xero was fully paralyzed for the second action. Whereas his opponent also failed to attack, due to full attraction. During both the second and third actions.
- Funny how paralysis/attraction rolls gave me ridiculous numbers like 1 and 10 but crit and burn rolls remained at their average numbers like 57 and 63. I guess the mighty RNG isn't in the mood for awesome just yet.
- Nitpick about Mechanical Dragon: isn't the motherboard more like the brain than the heart? Hearts are pretty much made of muscle anyway, so, they'd be more accurately translated into pumps, I think.
- Wargle attacks first next round.

Shut up I noticed this battle.

Ok Xero. Captivate until it works, tell ger Im sych a bith, yaddyadda like I said last round. Then Flamethrower and if you have an action left over, Heat Wave. Im positive you know Heat wave, but in case MF dsiagrees and makes you not know it, switch to Flamethrower.

Captivate ~Flamethrower/Captivate ~Flamethrower/Captivate/Heat Wave

:(

You know, it's common courtesy in ASB battles to not Attract your opponent unless you're going to lose.

Alright Blazhy, if you win this battle, I promise to modify your engine so you can run on pure maple syrup, alright?

Start off by trying to chew some maple syrup out of that Aerodactyl with an Ice Fang -- aim for the wings so you can force it to the ground. After that, Rain Dance (don't worry, you're waterproof. I think.) Finish with another Ice Fang, or, if it's not raining, Rain Dance. If you're too distracted with maple syrup to do anything, breath some delicious cookie air and calm down a little. That Aerodactyl is lying to you, by the way.

I don't know where the rain clouds will come from either. Maybe it's made from condensed cookie-air?

Ice Fang/Breathe Air ~ Rain Dance/Breathe Air ~ Rain Dance/Breathe Air/Ice Fang

1vs1 single

Round 2

Crazy Linoone (O)
picture.php

Female Aerodactyl
Health: 85%
Energy: 97%
Condition: MAPLE SYRUP
Commands: Ice Fang/Breathe ~ Rain Dance/Breathe ~ Rain Dance/Breathe/Ice Fang

Wargle (O)
Aerodactyl
Male Aerodactyl
Energy: 92%
Condition: Struggling against his predicament.
Commands: Captivate ~ Flamethrower/Captivate ~ Flamethrower/Captivate/Heat Wave

-----​

The one Aerodactyl that wasn't doing the battling, was sure doing the rambling. On how utterly ridiculous it is to fall in love... With maple syrup. Maple syrup is nothing compared to the fruit of his time, he claims.

The other two Aerodactyl prepare to face off. Blazhy takes her trainer up on the claim that gnawing down on her opponent's wings will drip out the one thing she's been after this whole battle. Somehow. First, she cooled down fangs utilizing an intricate system on her jaw; next, she rushed brutally and chomped down with force.

Xero was in something of a tough situation; his right wing being clamped down by several metallic teeth at stupidly low temperatures made it tough to remain aloft. Nonetheless, he crafitly turned the situation around, deliberately using the bite he was being put through to hang onto his foe, keeping airborne with zero effort. And while that was possible, he proceeded to unleash his main trick. He began to rave about how much his trainer sucked. Like, BLUH BLUH HUGE BITCH. Something about something creepy and jealousy and being forced to attack.

Of course, the mechanical dragon didn't buy a single word of it. But kept listening, out of sheer interest. For humoring what might be a nice try. Perhaps, even, for a laugh.

When the natural dactyl was finally let go, he flapped his wings once more. Then, taking advantage of his enemy's sudden interest in his tale, he mentioned again the part about being obliged to attack. Ultimately with a yell of "PLEASE DODGE!", he mercilessly blasted off a spray of powerful flames. This time, his aim was deadly; he managed to cause a significant meltdown between the left wing and the torso.

This manner of serious damage completely broke the mood for Crazy Linoone's Pokemon. It's nice when it's just a riveting story; it sucks when it starts to become fucking setting your armpit on fire. Allowing the Water-type system's magic to work, she managed to gather a cloud from minuscle droplets that evaported from the cookies -- pretty much every food ever has a bit of water -- as well was leftovers from a sweaty hand's touch on the glass' insides. This would only make for a quaint amount of rain, and only on a limited radius; it was more than enough for her, though, as she really needed a way to cool her underwing down.

Her nemesis continued to attack, this time flapping his wings viciously, spraing a reddish front of air ahead. This blow's target was in a state of heightened attention suddenly, though, and had absolutely no trouble flitting out of the way. Still, the heat was absolutely no help for the tiny rainfall to keep going.

Round 2 – End

Crazy Linoone (O)
picture.php

Female Aerodactyl
Health: 67%
Energy: 87%
Status: Burned (Severe), Attracted (Moderate). Special Attack 2-.
Condition: With a fucking armpit on fire. Or rather, a molten underwing.
Performed: Ice Fang ~ fully attracted ~ Rain Dance

Wargle (O)
Aerodactyl
Male Aerodactyl
Health: 92%
Energy: 76%
Condition: Snickering secretly.
Performed: Captivate ~ Flamethrower ~ Heat Wave (missed)​

Arena status: A comparatively small raincloud is showering upon a limited area (3 more actions).

Additional notes:
- The Flamethrower at the second action caused a burn.
- While one can presume some degree of water in the jar, it wouldn't be enough to make normal rain -- the sort that lasts for at least nine actions and actually covers the whole battlefield.

Hey this is alive.

Okay, Since we can use Black and White moves, Smack down, unless I understand smack down wrong, because, if I understand this right, Smack Down lets you hit flyers with ground moves. After it's on the ground , hit it with a nice Earthquake. Follow up with a Heat Wave. If at any time he protects, chill, and move an action over, except for the last action, just chill or use Earthquake.

Smack Down/Chill ~ Earthquake/Chill/Smack Down ~ Heat Wave/Chill/Earthquake

You know what.

Screw this. Use Agility to dodge the Smack Down, then Attract the aerodactyl and use your feminine wiles to try to get him to give you some Maple Syrup. Finish off with a 15% Substitute, for safety's sake.

If Smack Down hit, screw the last Substitute and Iron Head instead. It's paralyzed, so it can't be be flying so high that you can't reach it.

Agility (to dodge) ~ Attract ~ Substitute (10%)/Iron Head

1vs1 single

Round 2

Crazy Linoone (O)
picture.php

Female Aerodactyl
Health: 67%
Energy: 87%
Status: Burned (Severe), Attracted (Moderate). Special Attack 2-.
Condition: With a fucking armpit on fire. Or rather, a molten underwing.
Commands: Smack Down/Chill ~ Earthquake/Chill/Smack Down ~ Heat Wave/Chill/Earthquake

Wargle (O)
Aerodactyl
Male Aerodactyl
Energy: 76%
Condition: Snickering secretly.
Commands: Agility ~ Attract ~ Substitute (15%)/Iron Head

Arena status: A comparatively small raincloud is showering upon a limited area (3 more actions).

-----​

Once more, the Aerodactyl took flight and combat positions. Neither one seemed to be about to do direct combat, however.

Xero flew up to the top of the jar, noticing the airtight, metallic lid. With Rock-type powers, it'd be a breeze to break off a piece of that. The sturdy, solid material weighed a lot, which made it troublesome to carry but also meant not much needed to be taken for a successful attack.

If ripping off the chunk turned out to be the easy part, however, dropping it off turned out to be the hard part. Moving targets are harder to hit, and this one target was incessantly speeding about, pumping sounds filling the cookie-scented air.

The (debatably) natural Aerodactyl tried aiming for a while, but figured it would have to be a crapshoot. He gambled... And he lost. The tough metal would instead hit his trainer's foot all the way below, with the forty-meter fall backing up the sheer weight. Surprisingly, whereas the struck foot was probably broken, the chunk remained in one piece.

The two dactyls then zoomed closer for some more direct form of confrontation, but Xero lost control of his flight halfway through, whereas Blazhy's mental recap of the next command quickly turned into maple syrup daydreaming.

Reaching closer to the ground, the mechanical dragon/wyvern noticed the jagged piece of metal on the opposing trainer's foot. Perfect material! She proceeded to take it and fashion it into a likeness of herself, giving it consciousness with a touch of life force.

No sooner than it had taken a form, however, its form started to suffer damage. Xero was once more flapping his wings correctly, and he was using them to blow a reddish wind that melted and disfigured much of the decoy. It also destroyed the already small remainder of rain that had been built earlier.

Round 3 – End

Crazy Linoone (O)
picture.php

Female Aerodactyl
Health: 49%
Energy: 77%
Status: Burned (Severe), Attracted (Moderate). Speed 2+, Special Attack 2-.
Condition: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BABY.
Performed: Agility ~ fully attracted ~ Substitute (15%)

Blazhy's Substitute
Health: 4%

Wargle (O)
Aerodactyl
Male Aerodactyl
Energy: 71%
Condition: Hoping to do that to the real thing soon.
Performed: Smack Down (missed) ~ fully paralyzed ~ Heat Wave​

Arena status: The bottom of the bottle is mildly damp.

Additional notes:
- I gave Smack Down a chance to hit in spite of the Agility, but it failed the roll miserably.
- Crazy Linoone attacks first next round.

Wait I swear I posted here already.

Attract until it works, then Iron Head because I can't be arsed to think of anything better. If it can't be hit by Attract for some reason but can be hit by Iron Head, use Iron Head. Otherwise, if the aerodactyl Protects/Detects/Can't be hit for some reason (not counting Subs), Breathe Air instead.

Attract/Iron Head/Breathe ~ Attract/Iron Head/Breathe ~ Attract/Iron Head/Breathe

I think a nice Sub would do, eh... 15% sounds okay, Then captivate and say you thought the Sub was trying to steal her Syrup, and you were just thinking of her. Also because I'm feeling like unleashing my douchebagness Double Team because it isn't banned. If your paralysis acts up Chill it out

15% Sub/Chill ~ Captivate/Chill ~ Double Team/Chill

((Why do I feel like I'm using dirty Tactics?))

1vs1 single

Round 4

Crazy Linoone (O)
picture.php

Female Aerodactyl
Energy: 77%
Condition: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BABY.
Commands: Attract/Iron Head/Breathe ~ Attract/Iron Head/Breathe ~ Attract/Iron Head/Breathe

Blazhy's Substitute

Wargle (O)
Aerodactyl
Male Aerodactyl
Energy: 71%
Condition: Hoping to do that to the real thing soon.
Commands: Substitute (15%)/Chill ~ Captivate/Chill ~ Double Team/Chill

-----​

Not much thinking could be done with the sound of ranting between rounds. However, said ranting just happened to give Blazhy an idea on how to carry out her commands that round, as he mentioned how Pokémon these days just think anything saccharine or fatty tastes good.

It sounded just right. Why would she just expect Xero to hand over the maple syrup for nothing? Some fair trading would make the whole thing roll smoother. Not that there IS a fair trade for maple syrup, but, there should be something at least close enough.

And as such, she approached her opponent, with an offer he couldn't refuse. Piles and piles of steaming, glossy pizza.

The natural Aerodactyl was sent into overdrive with the thought. Unfortunately, there was no way for him to just immediately whip out some maple syrup, so as to be rewarded with an immediate shot at that tower of delicious. Maybe he could speed it along if he made up for the fact that he heat waved her Substitute into unrecognizability? He proceeded to make one of his own, from the same chunk of lid that laid upon his trainer's foot.

And then the mechanical dragon proceeded to headbutt it repeatedly until it fell apart. Not that Wargle's Pokémon cared. He was completely overcome with pizza daydreaming.

Round 4 – End

Crazy Linoone (O)
picture.php

Female Aerodactyl
Energy: 65%
Condition: Headbanging into the metal.
Performed: Attract ~ Iron Head ~ Iron Head

Blazhy's Substitute

Wargle (O)
Aerodactyl
Male Aerodactyl
Health: 77%
Energy: 63%
Condition: PIZZA
Performed: Substitute (15%) ~ fully attracted ~ fully attracted​

Additional notes:
- Iron Head on the third action destroyed Xero's Substitute.

Show her your charm, and thank her for the pizza with Captivate. Until it works. Then, Double team up, and chill if there's an action or you're paralyzed.

Captivate/Double Team (max you can go)/Chill x3

((Why do I feel like I'm using dirty Tactics?))

:\ Because you are.

Anyhow, Blazhy, since you still have a 4% health Substitute left, the Captivate is going to fail and you can just kick back and relax for a bit. Ignore the Aerodactyl and Chill, Roost, and Chill again. Since you're just relaxing on the ground, you can go ahead and daydream about all the maple syrup I'm going to give you if you win this battle.

Chill ~ Roost ~ Chill

1vs1 single

Round 5

Crazy Linoone (O)
picture.php

Female Aerodactyl
Energy: 65%
Condition: Headbanging into the metal.
Commands: Chill ~ Roost ~ Chill

Blazhy's Substitute

Wargle (O)
Aerodactyl
Male Aerodactyl
Energy: 63%
Condition: PIZZA
Commands: Captivate/Double Team/Chill ~ Captivate/Double Team/Chill ~ Captivate/Double Team/Chill

-----​

With the prospect of pizza in mind, Xero began attempts at delicious negotiation with Blazhy.

It went as well as you would expect any form of negotiation with (sentinent) nearly-molten chunks of steel to go.

All the while, Blazhy sat back and watched the pitiful attempts, even getting to nurse the meltdown under her wing for a bit. It was starting to become clear to her that winning the battle would be much securer a source of heaven's nectar.

Round 5 – End

Crazy Linoone (O)
picture.php

Female Aerodactyl
Health: 95%
Energy: 60%
Status: Burned (Moderate), Attracted (Light). Speed 2+, Special Attack 2-.
Condition: Replentished.
Performed: Chill ~ Roost ~ Chill

Blazhy's Substitute

Wargle (O)
Aerodactyl
Male Aerodactyl
Energy: 57%
Condition: Why must you ignore me?
Performed: Captivate (Failed) ~ Captivate (Failed) ~ Captivate (Failed)​

Additional notes:
- Crazy Linoone attacks first next round.

Shouldn't being ignored so much reduce his attraction?

I mean yeah it just happened, but he poured out his life here, just to be ignored by his 'love'

Shouldn't being ignored so much reduce his attraction?

I mean yeah it just happened, but he poured out his life here, just to be ignored by his 'love'
It does imply a degree of reduction, but not enough for an outright drop to moderate after the attraction just began.

Back
Top Bottom