• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The King of Fighters: Multiverse Mashup [OOC][Open][Crossover]

Storm Earth and Fire

Would you like to make a contract?
The legendary King of Fighters tournament drew fighters from around the world to compete for the greatest title in martial arts, drawing massive crowds in the world's most popular sporting event. The tournament has been going strong since 1994, however it has never really been without incident, as it seems almost every year there is some sort of mishap, involving attempts to harness ancient powers and world domination plots being tied to the tournament. However, it remains immensely prestigious and popular.

Around the turn of the millennium, an organization known as NESTS has sponsored three different King of Fighters tournaments in their bid to use the data collected from participants to produce an army of superhumans with which to conquer the world. And they were thwarted every time. Now, in the year 2015, NESTS scientists have discovered something that did nothing but boost the organization's resolve.

They successfully (or perhaps accidentally) discovered that universes beyond our own exist, and constructed methods of transportation. NESTS saw but one thing, opportunity. Expanding the tournament to an entirely new dimension meant more data could flow in, and there would be more worlds to dominate. They just needed extra-dimensional participants, and a network of collaborators in the newfound worlds.

2016, NESTS forges a pocket dimension with but one purpose, to hold the latest edition of the King of Fighters tournament. Admittedly, it was unfortunately sealed from public viewing, but that mattered little considering what they had just accomplished. And so, characters from any number of planes were invited or lured into the tournament.

Of course, not a whole lot of people know that NESTS is involved. The name means little to any extra-dimensional beings. The tournament is low-brow and secretive this year. What comes of it shall unfold soon.

---
Big ol' crossover right here. As of yet, nobody is aware of the true purpose of this tournament. NESTS might be the primary force, many others maybe at work here. Prodding around is strongly discouraged.

The pocket dimension created specifically for the tournament is a small area consisting of a complex of buildings surrounded by small grassy fields. There are separate buildings with the living quarters, the training areas, and the actual rooms within which the fights will take place.

Invitees are transported to the tournament dimension via small Bluetooth headsets that are somehow passed to them. The only means of return are controlled by tournament officials.

Rules:
- Really basic stuff, adhere to the RP etiquette rules. There is a sticky thread in the lounge that outlines them quite nicely if you don't know what those are.
- In general, you will be an established character, except for some cases where you could make up a character, such as Pokemon.
- There are some restriction on what sort of characters can be in this one. Mostly, try and keep things out of the ridiculous level. This is a fighting tournament, robots with advanced weaponry aren't going to enter and such. There might be a rare case where I reject a character for flavor reasons, but otherwise I'll be open about who you can be. Feel free to try again if you are rejected.
- Gauging by the response in the Idea Center, I will set the characters per person limit at 2 for now. However, your characters must team up with another user's characters.
- Cussing maybe liberally applied, but keep it in character.
- There will be blood. Possibly gore, but let's try and keep that at a healthy level.
- No explicit sex.
- Please keep battles at a reasonable length early on, especially if a lot of people join this. Just as fighting games have time limits, I will call time on a battle I deem to be taking too long.
- Stay in-character. No Rugal who has given up his life of killing people for charity work, no sad and brooding Yuri (please don't, I love Yuri), and stuff like that.
- I am still searching for a co-DM. Benefits include introducing some villains and other NPCs of your own and controlling NPCs. Responsibilities include making sure this thing doesn't boil over in something bad and making sure people follow the rules.

Form:

Established Characters:

Name:
Series:
Prologue: A little bit about what was going on when your character was invited and why they chose to come. Optional.
Other: In universe notes that may be important.

Original Characters:

Name:
Series:
Species:
Background: Biographical information about your character.
Other: Same as above.

Participants:
Katniss Everdeen (Sunflower)
Peeta Mellark (Big Red Cherry Bomb)
Twig Verginix (Chief Zackrai)
King Genn Greymane (Cuddlefuzz)
the Meta (Exo-Raikou)
Longshot (Blastoise)
Xykon (Exo-Raikou)
Smellerbee (Blastoise)
Samus Aran (Eloi)
Makoto Nanaya (Storm, Earth, and Fire)
Goreham-Hogg (Mad MOAI)

Last edited:
Name: Katniss Everdeen
Series: The Hunger Games

Prologue: After the final book in the series, Katniss was feeling very... unfulfilled. She had recently lost someone very, very close to her, and was still feeling quite a bit of rage and a need for bloodshed at this loss. She made a horrible decision due to this that she was just barely able to take back. Still, her accepting the invitation was very spur-of-the-moment, driven by emotion and a need for some sort of closure, even if this was far from the best place to find it...

Other: She has access to her Mockingjay suit and bow (a technologically-advanced little number with different types of arrows: Normal, fire, and explosive). Technically this is a little anachronistic to what happens in the books, but she wouldn't stand much of a chance without them.

((Also, what is the stance on completely-original characters?))

Last edited:
Yesss panfandom RPs.

Name: Peeta Mellark
Series: The Hunger Games

Prologue: He followed Katniss into the tournament to protect her and make sure she didn't do anything too rash, like get herself killed.

Other: Some of his skills include baking, painting, camouflage, hand-to-hand combat, and the ability to sway a crowd. He's strong, able to carry over 100lbs at once. His left leg is false.

This feels short for some reason.

Avoid completely original characters for this one.

Accepted, both.

What happened to Genetic Perfection, by the way? I was looking forward to that one.

What happened to Genetic Perfection, by the way? I was looking forward to that one.

Both me and BRCB have been very busy lately so we haven't found much time to really get it kicked off (things are easing up though). We still plan on running it, or at least I do.

Wait, so unoriginal characters allow us to take a character from anything, and use them, correct? If so:

Name: Twig Verginix
Series: The Edge Chronicles
Prologue: *shrugs*
Other: *Shrugs*

this should be fun :P

Name: King Genn Greymane
Series: Warcraft
Prologue: I can't think of anything.
Other: The old and proud king of Gilneas, Genn Greymane is a capable fighter with and without weapons, and can change from his human form to the half-man, half-beast form.

I can't think of anything.

Wait, so unoriginal characters allow us to take a character from anything, and use them, correct? If so:

Name: Twig Verginix
Series: The Edge Chronicles
Prologue: *shrugs*
Other: *Shrugs*

this should be fun :P
Within reason. Research reveals that this character is (I think) within my parameters, so accepted.
Name: King Genn Greymane
Series: Warcraft
Prologue: I can't think of anything.
Other: The old and proud king of Gilneas, Genn Greymane is a capable fighter with and without weapons, and can change from his human form to the half-man, half-beast form.

I can't think of anything.

Finally, a character from something I actually know! Accepted.

This is going to be weird if everyone is from Western IPs, though.

I'll reserve - I'm a bit busy to make a thorough form right now.

Name: (the) Meta
Series: Red vs. Blue: The Recollection
Prologue: Even while rogue - especially while rogue - the Meta's fearsome abilities reached the ears of NESTS. Acting on his own initiative, a member of NESTS saved Meta from drowning after the latter was dragged off a cliff into ice-filled waters. When the Meta arrived at the pocket dimension, he was offered a chance to prove himself as the perfect being (words which the NESTS member chose very carefully, based on how he saw Meta). Craving the chance to show his power to all, the Meta accepted.
Other: He will have two weapons on him most of the time: Magnum Pistol and the Brute Shot. Even when unarmed, he has quite a good amount of skill in hand-to-hand combat, as anyone who's watched Red vs Blue Revelation would know. His armor enhancements will be a sort of "sometimes working perfectly, other times failing at the worst possible moment" deal.

Last edited:
Can we have more than one character? If so, I'll fill out my second form later.

Name: Astro

Series: Astro Boy

Prologue: Astro heard about the fights going on, and he just had to check it out. After learning more about it, he decided he had to put a stop to it, and joined to try to talk some sense into the other competitors.

Other: He's super-strong, can fly(with the help of rocket boots), and has weapons such as lazers or beams of raw energy.

Name: Longshot
Series: Avatar: The Last Airbender
Prologue: Kind of fell into this whole thing. He didn't plan on joining, but when extradimensional people come and ask you to join their tournament, being silent doesn't generally dissuade them. He also likes to practice, at least.
Other: Longshot is good with a bow. Like really really really good. The Yu Yan Archers are basically his only match (in his universe, anyway) although he doesn't brag. He's also got an amazing sense of balance. He also almost never ever talks, ever. Seriously, like once in the course of a whole summer, and that was in dire circumstances. He mostly communicates through eyebrows and slight changes in his mouth shape.

I might have to also play as Smellerbee just to make him a plausible player. (Unless someone else wants to!)

Exo-Raikou, accepted.

LiLiJANA, you can have 2 characters, as I stated in the rules, albeit in a not so obvious manner. However, do you have any character ideas besides Astro Boy? A specific example I gave in the rules was robots with advanced weaponry.

Blastoise, accepted.

Were it not for the lack of robots rule I would have made my second character Saturn (of SSB: Conspiracy fame.) instead...

Name: Xykon
Series: The Order of the Stick
Prologue: Xykon encountered the portal completely on accident: he was flying around, causing a few random acts of chaos when he accidentally flew right into the portal to the pocket dimension (the original recipient of the portal is not known, but NESTS did not intend for it to be Xykon.) Nevertheless, when he arrived, he learned that there was a tournament going on, and with nothing better to do, he decided to take part - it will ease the boredom, after all. NESTS at first objected to this, then decided to help him (see below) at the possibility of duplicating a Sorcerer of Xykon's power.
Other: Since his Phylactery is still in the OotS dimension, NESTS created a replica that only functions in this dimension - if his body is ever destroyed, he will still remain in the NESTS dimension, but if the phylactery and body is destroyed, he'll return to the OoTs world.

Name: Smellerbee
Series: Avatar: The Last Airbender
Prologue: Heard that Longshot had gotten roped into this whole thing and tagged along. Not because she's in love or anything (really!) but because they're friends and they've been a team and seriously Longshot needs an interpreter (she doesn't know that she can't fight alongside him yet).
Other: Handy with knife, or anything really. Don't mistake her for a boy, you'll regret it unless Longshot is around to calm her down. She's got some martial arts training, military training, basically what comes from living in a militarized version of The Lost Boys. She's also one of the only people who can fully understand Longshot's silence.

Name: Samus Aran
Series: Metroid
Other: Samus Aran's timeframe in-universe of participation lies between Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Prime. Thus she possess Zero Mission's peak skillset.

Both accepted.

Note, there's an odd number of people. While I could start now, I would rather see an even number here. Otherwise, we have an odd man out and I would enter a character to make up for that. If everyone is raring to start, I will go ahead, however.

Last edited:
Perhaps you should make a character and then start - I noticed that you don't have one, and it would be strange for the person running the RP not to have a character

Well, I do have characters, they're all just hidden, essentially, for now. Referring in that case to the villains, cameos, and other such NPCs. Making a character in this sense would mean I have to, in a way, fight myself later on, which might be bit awkward for all of y'all.

Anyway, here goes nothing. A personal favorite of mine from BlazBlue:

Name: Makoto Nanaya
Series: BlazBlue
Prologue: Makoto was sent out by the NOL's Intelligence Division along with Hazama to investigate this tournament. And so, they set about getting themselves invited. It didn't take much, however, as Makoto, much to the surprise of just about everyone else, was the first to receive one.
Other: Can punch through a moon.

Tomorrow I'll have plenty of time to start this.

Back
Top Bottom