• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Lucas755 vs. Rarity (ref: Squornshellous Beta)

Squornshellous Beta

Pronoun
she/they/any
3v3 double
Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 60%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Evasion
Arena: Giant Spider Web

It's a giant spider web. The floor is sticky and weblike (of course), and even though it's giant, it's still a spiderweb, so no Pokemon taller/longer than three meters (METRIC HELL YEAH) can battle, since it also has a web roof. Also, all non-Bug types start at -1 Speed.
Lucas755's under-three-meterers
Ivysaur
(Female)
Ability: Overgrow
Held Item: Miracle Seed

Kirlia
(Male)
Ability: Synchronize
Held Item: Choice Specs

Dugtrio
(Male)
Ability: Sand Veil
Held Item: Soft Sand
(Possibly not eligible due to the lack of solid ground)

Heracross
(Male)
Ability: Guts
Held Item: Flame Orb

Venonat
(Male)
Ability: Compoundeyes
Held Item: Wise Glasses

Eevee
(Male)
Ability: Adaptability
Held Item: Fire Stone

Rarity's under-three-meterers
Skarmory
Steelbird (Male)
Ability: Sturdy

Spiritomb
Darkness (Female)
Ability: Pressure

Heracross-f
Titan (Female)

First Round
- Lucas755 sends out
- Rarity sends out and attacks
- Lucas755 attacks
- I ref

Psst, Rarity? Would I be right in assuming that Dugtrio can't battle? Since it needs to be half-buried in the ground?

Swords Dance twice, then Drill Peck, unless he doesn't attack, in which case, use Stealth Rock.

Swords Dance x2 ~ Drill Peck/Stealth Rock

I'll assume you're sending out Skarmory, then.

STATUS TIEM. Venonat, start with Sleep Powder, then use Stun Spore. We can't do much in terms of attacking at the moment, but use Psychic (the mental intrusion version) and try to lower that special defense. If Sleep Powder misses, use it again instead of Stun Spore. If it misses again, use it again!

Sleep Powder ~ Stun Spore/Sleep Powder ~ Psychic (mental intrusion)/Sleep Powder

Steelbird and Titan, then.

Steelbird: Swords Dance x2 ~ Drill Peck @Venonat/Stealth Rock (if not hit by a damaging attack)
Titan: Brick Break x3 @Eevee

Eevee, start off by making a 15% Substitute. After that, use Toxic and Skull Bash on Heracross.

Substitute (15%) ~ Toxic (Heracross) ~ Skull Bash (Heracross)

Venonat, use Sleep Powder on Heracross. If it hits, use Sleep Powder Skarmory. If not, try it again on Heracross. In the third action, use Stun Spore on Heracross regardless of who's asleep.

Sleep Powder (Skarmory) ~ Sleep Powder (Skarmory/Heracross) ~ Stun Spore (Heracross)

3v3 double
Set

It's a giant spider web. The floor is sticky and weblike (of course), and even though it's giant, it's still a spiderweb, so no Pokemon taller/longer than three meters (METRIC HELL YEAH) can battle, since it also has a web roof. Also, all non-Bug types start at -1 Speed.

Pre-Round Notes
Okay. Now this, I would say, is a very odd occurrence. Three trainers appear to have been transported to some kind of giant, closely threaded spider web. None of them know why they're there, what they did to anger Arceus or why they've mysteriously shrunk to less than three metres tall - a blessing in disguise, because it stops them getting tangled in the also-webby roof - but there's nothing they can really do about that now. A tiny Joltik will occasionally scurry across the web, and the battlers look on in fear of a possible Galvantula attack - that would be, how you say, very bad. They decide to do the only logical thing and... have a Pokémon battle? What? Not try to call up the league or anything? Oh, wait, the female is trying that now... static. Galvantula's thread is always tinged with electricity, it must be having an effect on the signals. Nontheless, the battle is going to proceed; the battlers trip clumsily to a good distance apart, then send out their Pokémon, which have not shrunk for some equally odd reason. At one end of the field, an Eevee and a Venonat; at the other, a considerably more intimidating pair consisting of Heracross - with a heart-shaped horn - and Skarmory. Maybe they're hoping the battle will scare the Galvantula away or something? It's sure working for the Joltik - they've fled almost instantly.

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Venonat
(Male)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Sleep Powder @ Steelbird ~ Sleep Powder @ Steelbird / Sleep Powder @ Titan ~ Stun Spore @ Titan
Item: Wise Glasses

Eevee
(Male)
Commands: Substitute (15%) ~ Toxic @ Titan ~ Skull Bash @ Titan
Item: Fire Stone

Team Rarity
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Skarmory
Steelbird (Male)
Commands: Swords Dance ~ Swords Dance ~ Drill Peck @ Venonat / Stealth Rock

Heracross-f
Titan (Female)
Status: A web. Not my first choice of homes, but I can live with it.
Commands: Brick Break @ Eevee ~ Brick Break @ Eevee ~ Brick Break @ Eevee

Round 1 Begin!

Opening her wing casings and unfurling her wings, Titan the female Heracross is the first to move. she begins flapping her wings at a tremendous rate, and this allows her to walk just-about normally on the web; her first plan of action is to charge at her floofy opponent, horn glowing brightly, and slam it down onto the Eevee with tremendous force. Eevee squeals under the assault, and Titan lets go and then returns to her own end of the field, where Steelbird is lost in a world of his own. He appears to be trying to peck at and slash some invisible opponent, wildly attacking and then dashing his wings together in some attempt to sharpen them; when he finally comes out of his trance, his wings are sharp and he feels like fighting.It is not to be, though; the purple ball of fuzz known as 'Venonat' is shaking wildly, and as Steelbird looks on in confusion a cloud of greenish powder floats out of its fur - so much, in fact, that Steelbird wonders whether it's shedding (and shredding) its skin or something. The cloud, glistening in what little light enters this place, floats slowly towards Steelbird, and though he tries to escape his feet become entangled in the web, and all he can do is stare in horror as he is forced to inhale, the powder being drawn into his lungs. The look of horror in his eyes fades, his eyes close, and the entire steel-clad Pokémon topples forward and lands on the web, instinctively having pulled his wings under his head in a sleeping position. As he snores away, Eevee prepares for his move; he begins by channeling some of his own life-energy into the area of web in front of him. The web begins shifting, and tiny threads begin gathering themselves from a wide radius; they assemble like blind worms, each feeling for its neighbor, and build themselves, slowly but surely, into a distinct Eevee-shape. Eevee looks at his creation with some distaste, and it looks back at him before turning its attention to its opponents.

Looking at her sleeping partner and sighing, Titan begins a repeat of her previous move; she lifts herself partway off the web, and charges at her opponent, her horn glowing. As she reaches Eevee and prepares to smash her horn down on him once more, though, the substitute charges in, tackling Eevee out of the way of the attack and leaving itself in the line of fire - the horn smashes down, slicing clean through the substitute, and it collapses into a pile of tiny threads, most of which fall through the tiny holes in the webbing. Titan returns to her own end of the arena, trying to rub the sticky webbing off her horn; meanwhile, Eevee prepares to avenge the death of his stickyclone, gathering foul toxins from inside his body and mixing them together into one foul, caustic sludge, which happens to form in his mouth. Nearly sick with the taste, he spits it with all the force he can muster at Titan, who it hits in the back - right in the opening afforded by her open wing-casing, in fact, and conveniently the only place on her body where it could soak in. The liquid gives Titan a horrible burning feeling, and she wheels round to glare at her opponents - just in time to see a green, floating dust-cloud approaching her. She instantly recognizes it as the same thing that incapacitated Steelbird, and tries in her panic to take off, run backwards, anything - but too late. It's all around her, and, as an insectoid creature, she breathes through tiny spiracles, so she can't hold her breath to avoid it; she too succumbs to its effects and collapses forwards, landing face-first on the webbing.

Grinning at his teammate, Eevee prepares for his next attack, tucking his head in and crouching down, preparing to lunge. Venonat returns the smile - as much as is possible with mandibles, anyway - before beginning another spore-attack; this time, though, his wild shaking produces an orange powder, which slowly drifts over to and envelops Titan, once again absorbed by those same holes that allow her to breathe. While in her sleep no immediate effect is apparent, her muscles are actually becoming significantly less responsive, numbed by the powder. Eevee finally finishes preparing for his attack, and suddenly runs forward at great speed; just as he reaches his opponent, he throws his head forwards, creating a significant and worrying crack sound; Venonat and the trainers look on in fear that Eevee might have broken his neck, but thankfully, it was only Titan's exoskeleton, which now has a not-insignificant crack down the side.

Round 1 End!

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Venonat
(Male)
Energy: 89%
Status: Because, see, I've had some really bad experiences with Ariados.
Attacks Used: Sleep Powder @ Steelbird ~ Sleep Powder @ Titan ~ Stun Spore @ Titan

Eevee
(Male)
Health: 70%
Energy: 82%
Status: That's not easy on my head... Speed -1, defense +1.
Attacks Used: Substitute (15%) ~ Toxic @ Titan ~ Skull Bash @ Titan

Team Rarity
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Skarmory
Steelbird (Male)
Energy: 97%
Status: ZzzzzzSHHRRRRRKxxxxxxnrrk. Speed -1, attack +2, asleep (moderate; three more rounds)
Attacks Used: Swords Dance ~ [asleep] ~ [asleep]

Heracross-f
Titan (Female)
Health: 86%
Energy: 92%
Status: Zzzzzzzzzzbzzzz... asleep (moderate; three more rounds), badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next).
Attacks Used: Brick Break @ Eevee ~ Brick Break @ Eevee ~ [asleep]

Damage / Energy Calculations
Brick Break - 15% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 49, needed 100 to miss)
Swords Dance - 3% energy
Sleep Powder - 4% energy (accuracy roll 73, needed 100 to miss)
Substitute - 15% health (Eevee), 7% energy
Brick Break - 15% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 37, needed 100 to miss)
Toxic - 5% energy (accuracy roll 28, needed 85 or above to miss)
Sleep Powder - 4% energy (accuracy roll 34, needed 100 to miss)
Stun Spore - 3% energy (accuracy roll 74, needed 100 to miss)
Skull Bash - 12% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 52, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- My first double battle reffing! I'm sorry for the short delay guys, I'd blame the double battle style but that had nothing to do with it. I'm not really sure why it took this long, honestly.
- Lucky you, Lucas - all three of your powder-attacks hit. Two of them just barely.
- Yes, I know a creature the size of a Heracross wouldn't be able to use spiracles and would need a respiratory system - don't spoil my fun.
- If you could format your attacks as "Attack @ Target" where applicable, that'd be a great help. And just so you're aware, giving a Pokémon two seperate targets for an attack counts as a conditional, so don't go overboard.
- Did you notice I resolutely call rhe participants of a battle by whatever they were called when I first reffed it? Because I do.
- Just so I remember, the current speed order is: Skarmory (60) - Eevee and Venonat (45) - Heracross (21).

Arena Notes
- There is some green powder littering the webbing around both Steelbird and Titan; Titan's webbing is also littered with an orange powder, and the two blend to make a very interesting color.

Next Round
- Lucas755 Attacks
- Rarity Attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
Oh wow, somehow I just completely missed this reffing the first time around. Also, the current speed order would have heracross at 22 speed or something similar, since paralysis cuts speed to 1/4. And Venonat's moves should have a 15% increase in accuracy from compoundeyes. Eevee should have a defense boost from Skull Bash, too.

Good round, guys! Venonat, you'll be attacking Steelbird this whole round. Start with Stun Spore. If it misses, use it again as many times as necessary. Once you're done with that, use the mind-intruding version of Psychic. If you have another action left, use Hidden Power.

Stun Spore @ Steelbird ~ Psychic (Mind-intruding) @ Steelbird/Stun Spore @ Steelbird ~ Hidden Power @ Steelbird/Stun Spore @ Steelbird

Eevee, just use Skull Bash on Titan the whole round. If Steelbird wakes up, use Charm on him, but only do this once.

Skull Bash @ Titan/Charm @ Steelbird ~ same ~ same

Last edited:
Correct on all three counts, and I'll go fix them.

EDIT: Wait, Eevee did have a defense boost?
Also, the speed order thing was because I drafted it at the beginning of the round then forgot about it. But fixededed.

3v3 double
Set

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Venonat
(Male)
Energy: 89%
Status: Because, see, I've had some really bad experiences with Ariados.
Commands: Stun Spore @ Steelbird ~ Psychic (Mind-intruding) @ Steelbird / Stun Spore @ Steelbird ~ Hidden Power @ Steelbird / Stun Spore @ Steelbird

Eevee
(Male)
Health: 70%
Energy: 82%
Status: That's not easy on my head... Speed -1, defense +1.
Commands: Skull Bash @ Titan / Charm @ Steelbird ~ Skull Bash @ Titan / Charm @ Steelbird ~ Skull Bash @ Titan / Charm @ Steelbird

Team Rarity
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Skarmory
Steelbird (Male)
Energy: 97%
Status: ZzzzzzSHHRRRRRKxxxxxxnrrk. Speed -1, attack +2, asleep (moderate; three more rounds)
Commands: Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk

Heracross-f
Titan (Female)
Health: 86%
Energy: 92%
Status: Zzzzzzzzzzbzzzz... asleep (moderate; three more rounds), badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next), paralyzed (moderate; 50% chance of full paralysis and 3% extra energy on attacks requiring movement).
Commands: Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk

Round 2 Begin!

As the round begins, Eevee and Venonat are looking forward to a nice, easy round of attacking their sleeping opponents, confident that there won't be any sort of resistance or counterattack. These thoughts are soon dashed, since Steelbird, despite remaining asleep, suddenly stands up, holds his wings aloft, and screeches loudly, and a translucent green bubble of energy flickers into existence around him. He lowers his wings as Venonat prepares his next attack: shaking his fur wildly, he dislodges yet another cloud of spores, another orange lot this time, and you really have to wonder if its fur is that thick or wether there's really a portal to another dimension in there or something. The cloud drifts slowly over towards Steelbird, where it is stopped short by his green bubble. Regardless of Venonat's best efforts (shaking some more stuff out of his fur and hoping) the dust fails to penetrate the bubble, and he gives up, disappointed. The bubble fades away moments later, leaving Venonat to stare in indignation as Steelbird falls over like a felled tree. Eevee, having been preparing for the move the entire time, suddenly launches himself towards Titan once more, though his impact is not, this time, marked by a crack, but rather a thud. He shakes his head and staggers backwards, just as Titan stands straight upright, eyes closed - just like Steelbird's earlier move. Eevee looks on in caution, but all that the Heracross does is plunge her heart-shaped horn into the webbing in front of her and rip out a huge chunk - Eevee leaps back to avoid falling down the new hole, the edges of which almost immediately become a crawling mass of Joltik scampering to fix the web. Titan, meanwhile, plops the webbing down on the web-floor, and something shifts inside it - in fact, the entire pile is moving, pulling itself up, and taking shape to become... a perfect web-replica of Titan, down to the heart-shaped horn. As Titan falls forward once again and the Joltik finish repairing the hole, the Substitute looks around as though confused, then spots Titan and leaps directly between her and her opponents.

Instead of standing upright this time, the sleeping Steelbird seems to use a different tack: his silver feathers become bathed in a red glow, which shifts ominously for a second before vanishing. Venonat looks on in distress, fearing some attack might be in his near future, but no such thing seems forthcoming, and so he hesitantly begins his next move: shaking his fur once more, he dislodges yet another cloud of orange spores, which drift slowly over to Steelbird and, this time, actually reach him. The sleeping Skarmory has no concept of dodging the attack, and so a large portion of the dust is quickly inhaled; some spastic movements of his wings follow, but nothing else seems forthcoming. Once again, Eevee leaps forward, head tucked in, and this time he aims for the sticky clone; he plows straight through it and emerges on the other side with his fur gummed up by tiny strands of webbing. The clone, behind him, collapses, and as Eevee tries frantically to clean his fur, Titan rises up in front of him. The sleeping Heracross raises her hands, placing her palms flat towards Eevee; a tiny spark of energy forms in front of them, and suddenly and quickly grows to the size of a basketball, making the shifting patterns in its red surface clearly visible. It launches straight for Eevee even as Titan collapses backwards, and with his feet gummed to the ground he can't dodge - the orb strikes him in the side, then explodes, searing his skin in a wave of fighting-type energy but, on the plus side, vaporising the webbing from his fur. Presumably the web beneath his feet is too thick to disintegrate, since there seems to be a conspicuous lack of a giant hole beneath him.

Revelling in his newfound freedom, Eevee launches himself at Titan yet again; this time, he strikes on the opposite side from his previous two strikes, and so the impact is somewhat harder on his head - the exoskeleton here is still whole, after all. He whimpers and staggers back to his own end of the sticky field, while Venonat begins a move of his own, this time finally doing something other than dislodging a powder from his fur: tiny white orbs of energy begin circling him, gradually enlarging and changing color, until ther are baseball-sized and light green, at which point they all launch themselves simeltaneously at Steelbird. They mostly snuff themselves out on his heavy steel armor, but a couple of them do seem to slightly dent it, so at least that's something, right? As Venonat thinks more positive thoughts about his attacks, Titan rises up, then, eyes still closed, runs towards him at a... somewhat decent pace, though she seems as though she's wading through treacle or some such. In actuality, her muscles are continuously siezing up momentarily, making movement nigh-impossible; but, doing the best she can under the circumstances, she reaches Venonat and slams her horn down onto him, then turns and heads back to her own sleeping area. Venonat gets right back up again - his springy fur absorbed most of the blow, he's barely hurt at all! While he continues chirping encouraging things to Eevee, Steelbird rises, then begins a frantic dance, though his movement is similarly hampered to Titan's; with sime difficulty, he begins mimicking some kind of coombat, all the while remaining asleep. The majority of his dance seems to involve scraping his wings together, though, and this seems to be having some noticable effect: his feathers are both shinier and sharper as he collapsed back down onto the web.

Round 2 End!

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Venonat
(Male)
Health: 97%
Energy: 78%
Status: There was this one time, when I was still very young... Hidden Power bug-typed.
Attacks Used: Stun Spore @ Steelbird ~ Stun Spore @ Steelbird ~ Hidden Power @ Steelbird

Eevee
(Male)
Health: 52%
Energy: 64%
Status: How are they doing these things while sleeping? Speed -1, defense +4.
Attacks Used: Skull Bash @ Titan ~ Skull Bash @ Titan ~ Skull Bash @ Titan

Team Rarity
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Skarmory
Steelbird (Male)
Health: 96%
Energy: 87%
Status: SHRRRRRKKKKzzzzzRRRRKxxxXXXXzz. Speed -1, attack +4, asleep (moderate; two more rounds), paralyzed (moderate; 50% chance of full paralysis and 3% extra energy on attacks requiring movement).
Attacks Used: Sleep Talk (Protect) ~ Sleep Talk (Counter) ~ Sleep Talk (Swords Dance)

Heracross-f
Titan (Female)
Health: 49%
Energy: 65%
Status: BzzzzBZZZbzzz... asleep (moderate; two more rounds), badly poisoned (3% this round, 4% next), paralyzed (moderate; 50% chance of full paralysis and 3% extra energy on attacks requiring movement).
Attacks Used: Sleep Talk (Substitute 15%) ~ Sleep Talk (Focus Blast) @ Eevee ~ Sleep Talk (Rock Smash) @ Venonat

Sleep Talk (Protect) - 6% energy
Stun Spore - 3% energy
Skull Bash - 12% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 76, needed 100 to miss)
Sleep Talk (Substitute) - 15% health (Titan), 9% energy
Sleep Talk (Counter) - Failed
Stun Spore - 3% energy (accuracy roll 55, needed 100 to miss)
Skull Bash - 12% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 91, needed 100 to miss)
Sleep Talk (Focus Blast) - 18% damage, 10% energy (accuracy roll 55, needed 70 or above to miss)
Skull Bash - 12% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 39, needed 100 to miss)
Hidden Power (Bug) - 4% damage, 5% energy (accuracy roll 80, needed 100 to miss)
Sleep Talk (Rock Smash) - 3% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 42, needed 100 to miss)
Sleep Talk (Swords Dance) - 4% energy

Notes
- Unlucky, you got the worst possible Hidden Power type to attack a Skarmory.
- Rock Smash, called by Sleep Talk, when paralyzed, on a Venonat adds up to a lot of energy for little damage.
- But hey, at least you've been lucky with the paralysis so far - not a single lockup!
- Just so I remember, the current speed order is: Eevee and Venonat (45) - Heracross (21) - Skarmory (15).

Arena Notes
- The webbing around both Steelbird and Titan is littered with an interestingly-colored mix of green and orange powders.
- More orange powder is stuck to the web in front of Steelbird at about a half-metre's distance, with a surprisingly neat edge where the Protect shield was.

Next Round
- Rarity Attacks
- Lucas755 Attacks
- I ref

Eevee, I think you have enough defense for now. Now let's make you a 20% substitute to bring you below 33%, and Curse to boost your stats a bit more. End it with your most powerful STABed move, Last Resort! If you don't feel you're up to it (ie, health not below 33%), use Skull Bash instead.
Substitute (20%) ~ Curse ~ Last Resort/Skull Bash @ Titan

Venonat, you work on getting Steelbird's health down. Use the mind-intruding version of psychic to try and whittle down that special defense.
Mind intruding Psychic @ Steelbird x3

3v3 double
Set

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Venonat
(Male)
Health: 97%
Energy: 78%
Status: There was this one time, when I was still very young... Hidden Power bug-typed.
Attacks Used: Psychic @ Titan ~ Psychic @ Titan ~ Psychic @ Titan

Eevee
(Male)
Health: 52%
Energy: 64%
Status: How are they doing these things while sleeping? Speed -1, defense +4.
Attacks Used: Substitute (20%) ~ Curse ~ Last Resort / Skull Bash @ Titan

Team Rarity
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Skarmory
Steelbird (Male)
Health: 96%
Energy: 87%
Status: SHRRRRRKKKKzzzzzRRRRKxxxXXXXzz. Speed -1, attack +4, asleep (moderate; two more rounds), paralyzed (moderate; 50% chance of full paralysis and 3% extra energy on attacks requiring movement).
Attacks Used: Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk

Heracross-f
Titan (Female)
Energy: 65%
Status: BzzzzBZZZbzzz... asleep (moderate; two more rounds), badly poisoned (3% this round, 4% next), paralyzed (moderate; 50% chance of full paralysis and 3% extra energy on attacks requiring movement).
Attacks Used: Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk ~ Sleep Talk

Round 3 Begin!

This time, Eevee is the first to move. He closes his eyes and concentrates, and then radiates a pulse of white energy; it soaks into the webbing-floor, which begins shifting very slightly. The lmost subliminal movement increases in magnitude, and it becomes clear that, like earlier, tiny strands of web are pulling themselves free and crawling towards Eevee, assembling themselves in front of him. A few seconds later and the sculpture, with a clear Eevee-shape, looks around and begins moving, despite the continued crawling of its skin as the assembling continues. Watching the scene with interest, Venonat then begins his own attack, blocking out the outside world as much as possible and spreading his mind outwards, searching for Steelbird. He passes briefly over the clone, Eevee, and Titan before alighting on Steelbird. He begins battering at the Skarmory's mind, delighting when he finds a vulnerability; he hammers home his advantage, and revels in the feeling of bursting through the bird's mental walls. Titan twitches in her sleep, then stands upright; her eyes momentarily flash bright red, then the glow fades, her eyes close and she topples over once more. The two waking combatants look at Steelbird, now knowing to expect him to do something; indeed, he pulls himself upright and then begins beating his wings hard, a gust of wind quickly turning into a veritable tornado. It picks up both Venonat and Eevee and flings them about, shredding the webs both above and below and nearly driving the Joltik into hysterics. The tornado dies away and sets down the two Pokémon on an intact section of the web, Steelbird collapses back down and the battlers wait for the Joltik to return the web to a manageable state.

About thirty seconds later, the Joltik have completed the job and the Pokémon can resume the battle. Venonat tries his best to block out outside stimuli as he once again casts his mind out, passing over Eevee and his clone, then Titan, and finally Steelbird, once more pounding away at his mind; he fails to uncover a new vulnerability, but Steelbird twists in pain regardless. Giggling, Eevee begins a chant, stumbling through words in a lost tongue, and his voice gains power, slowly becoming louder and echoing around the arena; as his booming chants begin to fade away, his body glows bright white and suddenly thickens and bulges, a sudden growth spurt bulking out his physique. The glow fades away to reveal a heavy but strong Eevee, who grins maniacally for a second before his legs buckle under the unaccustomed weight. As he tries in vain to stand upright, Titan grimaces in her sleep and suddenly lets out a harsh, grunting snore, which seems to be extremely loud to Venonat - he screeches in pain and struggles hopelessly to cover his ears with his tiny limbs. With both of his opponents immobile, Steelwing is free to use his own unconscious move - he staggers upright, still snoring softly, and then waddles over to Venonat, the webbing above his head preventing him from flying. He clubs the fuzzy purple comet over the head with one wing, then returns sleepily to his own area of the field.

The beat to the head seems to snap Venonat out of his trance, and he abruptly stops screeching. He immediately throws his mind out, ramming with all the force he can muster into Steelbird's mind; he is rewarded with the sight of a twitching Skarmory. He looks round to check on Eevee, and sees that he has just managed to struggle upright; with the aid of his sticky clone, he manages to start a run. The clone pulls away, and Eevee is suddenly bathed in another white glow; he charges into Titan, his increased mass translating to a significant increase in force. A resounding cracking sound rings out, and as Eevee staggers backwards, glow fading, all present observe yet another large crack in the beetle's exoskeleton. The impact seems to stir something within the beetle, and she staggers to her feet, then lets out a resounding screech before falling back onto the web. The two conscious battlers look around in distress for any effects, but it never occurs to them to look up: the dim sunlight filtering through the web is intensifying, and the temperature sharply increasing. The few Joltik in charge of maintaining the top web begin to panic, being creatures that typically live in near-total darkness, and their scurrying approaches frantic levels; they begin squeezing through the web, trying to get to the darker inside area, and the battlers look up in concern. When the Joltik make no hostile move, though, the battle can continue, and Steelbird conveniently begins his move - he stands upright and opens his eyes wide. They, like Titan's earlier, glow bright red before fading away, and he collapses back down onto the web.

As the round draws to a close, both sleeping Pokémon show significant signs of stirring; they're undoubtedly going to wake up soon.

Round 3 End!

Team Lucas755
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Venonat
(Male)
Health: 78%
Energy: 54%
Status: My friends dared me to go into this dark cave. None of us knew what was inside, just that we were forbidden to go near it. Hidden Power bug-typed.
Attacks Used: Psychic @ Titan ~ Psychic @ Titan ~ Psychic @ Titan

Eevee
(Male)
Health: 32%
Energy: 39%
Status: Hahaha, I'm bulky! Speed -2, defense +5, attack +1.
Attacks Used: Substitute (20%) ~ Curse ~ Last Resort @ Titan

Team Rarity
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Skarmory
Steelbird (Male)
Energy: 80%
Status: RRRRRRRRRRzzzzzzzzzzzzzzXXXXxxRRRkk. Speed -1, special defense -1, attack +4, asleep (mild; one more round), paralyzed (moderate; 50% chance of full paralysis and 3% extra energy on attacks requiring movement).
Attacks Used: Sleep Talk (Twister) ~ Sleep Talk (Steel Wing) @ Venonat ~ Sleep Talk (Detect)

Heracross-f
Titan (Female)
Health: 31%
Energy: 57%
Status: ZZZZZbuzzbuzzBZZZZZBUZZ... asleep (mild; one more round), badly poisoned (4% this round, 5% next), paralyzed (moderate; 50% chance of full paralysis and 3% extra energy on attacks requiring movement).
Attacks Used: Sleep Talk (Detect) ~ Sleep Talk (Snore) @ Venonat ~ Sleep Talk (Sunny Day)

Substitute - 20% health (Eevee), 10% energy
Psychic - 13% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 64, needed 100 to miss)
Sleep Talk (Detect) - failed
Sleep Talk (Twister) - 5% damage, 3% energy (accuracy roll 96, needed 100 to miss)
Psychic - 17% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 19, needed 100 to miss)
Curse - 6% energy
Sleep Talk (Snore) - 5% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 76, needed 100 to miss)
Sleep Talk (Steel Wing) - 9% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 91, needed 100 to miss)
Psychic - 17% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 39, needed 100 to miss)
Last Resort - 18% damage, 10% energy (accuracy roll 11, needed 100 to miss)
Sleep Talk (Sunny Day) - 4% energy
Sleep Talk (Detect) - failed

Notes
- They both called Detect ahahaha
- Detect would normally take priority, but moves called by Sleep Talk always have a normal priority.
- A&A guide says the mind-intruding Psychic is likely to lower special defense, so I went with 55%. The first one succeeded in doing so.
- Just so I remember, the current speed order is: Eevee and Venonat (45) - Heracross (21) - Skarmory (15).

Arena Notes
- The webbing around both Steelbird and Titan is littered with an interestingly-colored mix of green and orange powders.
- More orange powder is stuck to the web in front of Steelbird at about a half-metre's distance, with a surprisingly neat edge where the Protect shield was.

Next Round
- Lucas755 Attacks
- Rarity Attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
The reffing keeps saying psychic was on Titan, yet, the health indicates it was on Steelbird. For which one did you do calculations?

Venonat, same as last round, but use normal Psychic this time.

Psychic @ Steelbird x3

Eevee, use Skull Bash on Titan once more to max out that defense, then Last Resort all the way.

Skull Bash @ Titan ~ Last Resort @ Titan x2

Back
Top Bottom