• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Negrek vs moon-panther

shy ♡

whispers in gay
I still have some funky battle styles I want to try out, but it's been a loooong time since I just had a straight-up normal battle. Like, possibly years. So let's do that now instead.

(Also I will totally post my commands in the tournament battle tomorrow ffff)

2vs2 Single
DQ: 1 Week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: None
Arena: Backtract Cataract

High up among Asber's eastern mountains a glacier-fed waterfall plunges over a hundred feet down a sheer rock face, tracing rainbows in the air and setting up a din that echoes back a hundredfold from the surrounding peaks. It is considered one of the region's greatest natural treasures, and it no doubt would draw a considerable bounty of tourists if it weren't high up in the middle of pokémon-infested nowhere.

The area directly below the falls is quite pleasant, though. The river branches and breaks across the uneven ground, trickling down into a spreading network of streams and pools, all colonized by enterprising mountain fish and pokémon. It is a particularly fine one of these that the trainers have found, nestled in a gravelly dip overflowing with flowering bracken and stunted pines. The falls' roar still reverberates in the air, but the water, though cold, is calm and bitingly clear, forming a pool about two meters wide and a meter deep at its deepest point. Overall, it is the picture of tranquility at the heart of the wilderness--which, of course, makes it prime territory to utterly wreck with a pokémon battle.

The noise of the waterfall will overwhelm sound-based moves, so damaging sound-based moves have their base power reduced by 50, while non-damaging sound-based moves have their accuracy/success rate reduced by 30%.

Negrek's Squad:
Coralinth the Female Sandshrew
Ability: Sand Veil

Phytophthora the Male Grimer
Ability: Sticky Hold

PBS the Male Mime Jr.
Ability: Filter

Havoc the Male Treecko
Ability: Overgrow
Item: EXP Share

Mandarb the Female Absol
Ability: Pressure
Item: Reaper Cloth
More Info

Makuhita the Male Makuhita
Ability: Guts
Item: Chesto Berry

Present the Female Ralts
Ability: Synchronize
Item: Sitrus Berry

Phlogiston the Female Chimchar
Ability: Blaze
Item: Heat Rock

Eelektrik the Female Eelektrik
Ability: Levitate
Item: Thunderstone

moon-panther's squad
Riza the Female Pidgeotto
Ability: Keen Eye
Item: Wide Lens

Chaos the Female Vulpix
Ability: Flash Fire
Item: Fire Stone

Roy the Male Charmander
Ability: Blaze
Item: Focus Band

Halan the Male Lucario
Ability: Steadfast

Hughes the Male Houndour
Ability: Early Bird
Item: Zoom Lens

Takumi the Male Mudkip
Ability: Torrent

Atlanta the Female Myrid
Ability: Water Absorb

Kammu the Male Abra
Ability: Synchronize

Fuery the Male Buneary
Ability: Run Away
Item: Soothe Bell

Alex the Male Timburr
Ability: Guts
Item: Eviolite

Negrek sends out, m-p sends out and attacks, Negrek attacks.

Okay, let's start with Eelektrik! And hope that I can come up with a decent nickname for her by the end of the battle.

(crap, I didn't know this was up- Sorrysorrysorry)

I'll use Roy, my Charmander. Roy, I wish you all the luck!

Alright, Lets start the first action off safe. I want you to focus your life energy into making a copy of yourself. I know you already think you are tough and perfect, but we need to do this so you don't get too messed up. Second, I want you to pull off a Swords Dance to give yourself a boost. However, if you get taunted, switch it out with Fire Punch. Lastly, here's the tricky-ish part. If they protect, use Swords Dance again, if not use Fire Punch.

Substitute (10%) ~ Swords Dance/Fire Punch ~ Swords Dance/Fire Punch

Okay, Eelektrik, we'll start off nice and simple.

Rain Dance ~ Thunderbolt ~ Thunder Wave

Backtract Cataract

High up among Asber's eastern mountains a glacier-fed waterfall plunges over a hundred feet down a sheer rock face, tracing rainbows in the air and setting up a din that echoes back a hundredfold from the surrounding peaks. It is considered one of the region's greatest natural treasures, and it no doubt would draw a considerable bounty of tourists if it weren't high up in the middle of pokémon-infested nowhere.

The area directly below the falls is quite pleasant, though. The river branches and breaks across the uneven ground, trickling down into a spreading network of streams and pools, all colonized by enterprising mountain fish and pokémon. It is a particularly fine one of these that the trainers have found, nestled in a gravelly dip overflowing with flowering bracken and stunted pines. The falls' roar still reverberates in the air, but the water, though cold, is calm and bitingly clear, forming a pool about two meters wide and a meter deep at its deepest point. Overall, it is the picture of tranquility at the heart of the wilderness--which, of course, makes it prime territory to utterly wreck with a pokémon battle.

The noise of the waterfall will overwhelm sound-based moves, so damaging sound-based moves have their base power reduced by 50, while non-damaging sound-based moves have their accuracy/success rate reduced by 30%.

Negrek (Oo)
eelektrik
(f) <Levitate>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
- 'Hm... interesting.'

moon-panther (Oo)
charmander
Roy (m) <Blaze>
- 'Let's go then!'​

Roy looks more than a little wary upon release; the water surrounding him is honestly just a bit terrifying, along with the roaring waterfall, and the fact that the pools of water do not seem to stay in one place and he just doesn't feel safe at all. He clings to his tail and in a fit of panic, the flame on the very tip glows and spreads and flows outwards, forming a similar charmander-shape beside him. It seems to solidify, grabbing dirt and even water to form itself, and all at once it becomes shockingly solid, at least solid enough to pass for a real-enough charmander. Though Roy still feels a bit unsafe, he's at least a little bit more confident than before.

Perhaps aware of just how unsafe her opponent feels, Eelektrik smirks to herself and floats over the very-safe water and then starts thrashing about wildly. At least it looks pretty wild to Roy, but she does intend it to be a bit more smooth and waltz-y than it comes across; she isn't the best dancer out there by any means. Still, no one's going to complain, and soon enough she feels a drop of rain hit her smooth skin, and then another, and within moments clouds are blocking out the sky and a crash of thunder beckons a sudden, overwhelming downpour of rain. Eelektrik stops her wild thrashing and grins wildly at Roy, who is clinging to his tail in an even more desperate fervor than before, a panicked look taking over his face.

Hiding behind his substitute, Roy begins to mimic Eelektrik's odd dance, thrashing around like a maniac. Somehow this craziness gives him the tiny boost in confidence and physical ability that he needs, though - it makes him just that little bit stronger, a bit more ready for this battle. Only a bit, though, because the rain keeps spitting on his tail-flame, putting him in a constant state of worry.

But Eelektrik won't even let it last long enough to protect him from anything. She continues grinning as bright sparks of electricity spark around her, and she flashes white suddenly, a burst of lighting snaking from her to the substitute. The lightning is so strong it can be heard like a crash of thunder as it lands on the substitute, and it really stands no chance - it simply implodes on impact, leaving a dark stain on the ground where it had been. Roy stares in shock and fear of what could have been him.

Hesitant as ever, Roy steps towards Eelektrik, tiny flames flickering over his also-tiny fist. He jumps into the air and smacks his fist into Eelektrik's skin, but she seems to simply shake it off; the rain washes over the tiny burn mark and she just doesn't feel it. Roy runs, but he has no substitute to protect him now; and Eelektrik sends a thin wave of lightning arcing towards him to stop him in his tracks. The electricity seeps into his skin and he literally freezes, his muscles no longer obeying his commands - he twitches, not in pain but just uncomfortable, and worries for his future in this battle.​

Negrek (Oo)
eelektrik
(f) <Levitate>
Health: 96%
Energy: 85%
- "I am the rain king~"

moon-panther (Oo)
charmander
Roy (m) <Blaze>
Health: 90%
Energy: 83%
- "Gruhh..." Atk +2; Paralzyed (severe).

Arena Notes:
There's a heavy downpour of rain (4 more rounds).

Final Notes:
- Thunderbolt was a critical hit.
- Negrek next.

Last edited:
Good show, Eelektrik! Let's keep the pressure on.

As long as it's raining, use thunder. If it's not raining anymore, then on the second action acid spray and charge beam on the third.

Lastly, if Roy protects or is out of range, replace your attack with coil.

Thunder / Coil ~ Thunder / Acid Spray / Coil ~ Thunder / Charge Beam / Coil

Darling, I may have put you in a bit of a pickle, but don't fret too much. Mama has a plan~

I want you to Dig. Yes, you heard me, Dig. Avoid the nasty rain and dig deep into the ground for your first action. Then I want you to zero in on your opponent. Listen carefully to find where they are. Once you have their location, I want to dig up and deliver a Dynamic punch coupled with the force of you bursting from the ground.

You are going to look so cool to the ladies in Miniskirts, I assure you.

Dig ~ Dig+DynamicPunch

Backtract Cataract

Negrek (Oo)
eelektrik
(f) <Levitate>
Energy: 85%
- "I am the rain king~"

moon-panther (Oo)
charmander
Roy (m) <Blaze>
Health: 90%
Energy: 83%
- "Gruhh..." Atk +2; Paralzyed (severe).​

Still charged from that last thunderwave, Eelektrik thrashes again, sending tiny sparks into the clouds above. The clouds respond willingly, and loudly - a huge, overwhelming crash of thunder leaps down and envelopes Roy in white light. Roy screams as his skin is set on fire; he curls up in the fetal position, whimpering while the thunder courses through him until it stops quite suddenly. The rain is now an ironic comfort to his charred skin.

He uncurls himself and begins to paw at the muddy ground, growing more muddy by the minute. He quickly manages to dig himself a respectable hole, pulling more dirt up and above him and creating a sizable tunnel. He keeps going down, rain following him downwards, and to his dismay there seems to be pools of water underground as well; he just can't get away from it. He stops digging downwards a few feet underground and instead focuses on making the hole big enough for him to sit in comfortably for a bit while he waits; not that he can get comfortable in all this mud and water. It is soft on his skin, though.

Since her opponent has decided to hide, Eelektrik focuses on boosting herself up rather than attacking. She curls up tight, tightening up perfectly to defend herself for when Roy pops back up, but also ready to strike back.

Underground, Roy begins to dig his way up. He manages to do so pretty quick in the sticky mud, and when he reaches the surface he focuses hard on his fist, tightening it up - and then jumps up right under Eelektrik, ready to smack into her with all his force.

Unfortunately, it doesn't go quite as he planned.

Though she's poised to take the hit, she doesn't even need to - not only is she floating too high for him to hit her from the ground, his fist swerves wild and hits no where near her. He lands flat on his back, twists around and gets to his feet, all that wasted energy going to waste.

And worst of all, Eelektrik wastes no time before sending a spark of electricity to the sky and calling forth another bolt of lightning. Roy screams as the lightning falls down on him; everything flashes white and black as the volts run through him, and worst of all, he feels his muscles seizing again. Even when the electricity stops pulsing through him, he can't move - can't even curl up in pain.​

Negrek (Oo)
eelektrik
(f) <Levitate>
Energy: 65%
- "Pahaha." Atk, def, accuracy +1.

moon-panther (Oo)
charmander
Roy (m) <Blaze>
Health: 60%
Energy: 62%
- "AUHG." Atk +2; Paralzyed (severe).

Arena Notes:
There's a heavy downpour of rain (3 more rounds). There's a small tunnel going down and back up near Roy and Eelektrik.

Final Notes:
- The second thunder worsened Roy's paralysis (it went down to moderate before, severe again).
- Obviously, dynamicpunch missed, and dig couldn't hit because eelektrik has levitate. Regardless of combo.
- m-p next.

*facepalm* Levitate...I forgot she had that. Damn...uh, Roy, this isn't looking good. But we can't give up hope quite yet.

I know you can't move and that is my fault for giving her bad commands. I'm sorry hun, truly...so this round we are going to try for moves that require little to no movement. I want you to spam Dragon Pulse. Simple as that. If she protects/detects, then chill.

Dragon Spam/Chill x3

I might be able to do something a little off-the-wall to avoid all that damage.

Or I could just do this.

Light Screen ~ Thunder x2

Backtract Cataract

Negrek (Oo)
eelektrik
(f) <Levitate>
Energy: 65%
- "Pahaha." Atk, def, accuracy +1.

moon-panther (Oo)
charmander
Roy (m) <Blaze>
Health: 60%
Energy: 62%
- "AUHG." Atk +2; Paralzyed (severe).​

The grin never seemed to leave Eelektrik's face; her bong with her trainer was quickly growing as she realized just how much she could depend on her commands. She waved a finn quickly before her, and shimmering sparkles flowed from it, forming a semitransparent shield before her. It flickered in the pouring rain as each drop hit it, making it remain nearly always visible, and keeping Eelektrik even more confident than ever.

This meant that, of course, Roy was even less confident. Still, he focused for his attack, not ready to give up just yet. His tail flame fizzed and flickered deep blue all of a sudden, the rain smoking above it with its newfound heat - and he spat out a bright ball of equally blue flame towards Eelektrik. The flames evaporated the rain as it flew towards the light screen, but it couldn't fight through the shield; only half of it seeped through, and as it hit Eelektrik, it seemed to hurt just as much as those fire punches from before. She shook it off with ease, grinning wide as ever.

She shook a fin towards the sky, sending a tiny spark upwards; and as before, a giant bolt of thunder flashed downwards, booming unto the tiny Roy. Roy screamed in pain; the rain hurt not only because it was wet but because it aided the electricity to seep into him, into his poor tiny body. He curled up under the weight of the thunder; even when it fizzed out, he shivered from the pain.

It seemed, in fact, that the cumulative electrolysis had permeated him; he couldn't move from his fetal position, only a tiny shiver escaping him. His muscles spasmed, but refused to move enough even to uncurl, or to focus enough to do anything other than feel pitiful for himself.

Meaning, of course, he was easy pickings. Eelektrik sent forth another thunder from the sky, which as before, crashed down with overwhelming power, flashing the water in the arena with light. Ironically, despite the overwhelming pain - and it hurt - it seemed to set Roy's muscles back into working condition, for the moment at least. And even more, it did something else.

His tail flame blazed hard, strong, bigger than ever. He felt the flame spread throughout him, giving him the fuel he needed, even as he was weak, to fight on. And he'd need that strength. But even more, it gave him confidence. For no reason at all, he had sudden confidence. And the desire to win.

He straightened himself, staring Eelektrik down with sudden strength. Maybe his attack wouldn't be any stronger than before, but he wasn't scared now.

He tail-flame flicked blue, bright; he took a breath and unleashed another bright flame, blue as his tail, towards Eelektrik. Though it fizzed through the rain unhindered, it couldn't pass through the light screen as easy; again, only half of it made its way through. And again, Eelektrik shook it off, though at least she seemed a bit less full of herself now that Roy wasn't all shaking from fear. And in fact, the repeated thunders seemed to be tiring her out; she was breathing pretty hard.​

Negrek (Oo)
eelektrik
(f) <Levitate>
Health: 88%
Energy: 45%
- *pant* Atk, def, accuracy +1; Light Screen active (3 more actions).

moon-panther (Oo)
charmander
Roy (m) <Blaze>
Health: 30%
- "RARRRHG!!" Atk +2; Paralzyed (severe); Blaze activated.

Arena Notes:
There's a heavy downpour of rain (2 more rounds). There's a small tunnel going down and back up near Roy and Eelektrik.

Final Notes:
- Thunder keeps worsening that paralysis.
- Negrek next.

her bong with her trainer
hey i thought we agreed we wouldn't discuss how i spend my time with my pokemon where the authorities might hear

Nice work, Eelektrik! We're almost there; you can have a nice rest after you put that charmander out of his misery.

...or sooner, if he wants to try and play mind games. Just keep bringing on the thunders, unless it's no longer raining or charmander is out of reach or protecting. If it's not raining anymore, switch over to charge beam and thunderbolt. Sounds familiar, don't it?

Thunder / Chill ~ Thunder / Charge Beam / Chill ~ Thunder / Thunderbolt / Chill

Backtract Cataract

Negrek (Oo)
eelektrik
(f) <Levitate>
- *pant* Atk, def, accuracy +1; Light Screen active (3 more actions).

moon-panther (Oo)
charmander
Roy (m) <Blaze>
Health: 30%
- "RARRRHG!!" Atk +2; Paralzyed (severe); Blaze activated.​

Though she's definitely tired, the pure drive to win pushes Eelektrik onwards, as she sends another tiny spark to the dark clouds above; they answer quickly, responding with a careening bolt of lightning that rockets down unto the tiny charmander. Roy cowers under the thunder, his tiny flame giving him hope to survive but the sheer pain nearly overwhelming him; the lightning fade as quickly as it started, only a few sparks criss-crossing Roy's scorched skin in the pouring rain, and despite his clearly worn state he still has a determined look on his face.

He can barely stand; he doesn't move, just grunts in pain, holding his tail-flame close to him like a beacon of hope. The tiny flame spreads, enveloping him, glowing brighter and brighter until its sheer heat evaporates the water around him; it flashes white and simply explodes outwards, so much heat the rain can't even fight against it. Eelektrik hopes her light screen will do better the flames rush towards her so fast she can't imagine how much they'll hurt -

But they whoosh past her, right under her, just barely missing her by a mere inch. She could feel the heat simmering across her skin; she shivered as it passed; but it was gone, over, nothing touched her. Roy was breathing hard, clearly exhausted and overwhelmed by the pure failure of it all. He'd put everything into that, and it had missed.

Eelektrik couldn't stop grinning. Roy's last hope of putting up a fight seemed to have faded - he looked numb, perhaps the paralysis again, but his eyes were just blank. It felt kind of sad, winning like this, like beating a lame horse, but Eelektrik wouldn't complain. She sent another spark to the sky, bringing forth one more lightning bolt -

And Roy screamed. There was something overwhelming about it - it seemed to be hotter, a more sharp pain than the last, or maybe the collective burns from the repeated thunders meant his skin was so sore he couldn't take any more. Either way, it was unbearable, not only for him but for Eelektrik to even watch. She glanced away despite herself as Roy twitched in sheer agony; the thunder finally stopped and he fell to the wet ground, unconscious.

Eelektrik couldn't help but feel a little sick.​

Negrek (Oo)
eelektrik
(f) <Levitate>
Energy: 27%
- "Erhg..." Atk, def, accuracy +1; Light Screen active (1 more action).

moon-panther (Oo)
charmander
Roy (m) <Blaze>
Health: 0%
- Fainted.

Arena Notes:
There's a heavy downpour of rain (1 more round). There's a small tunnel going down and back up near Roy and Eelektrik.

Final Notes:
- Overheat missed. Crap luck there.
- Second thunder was a critical hit.
- m-p sends out and attacks, Negrek attacks.

I'll send out Halan, my Lucario.

Halan, sadly our friend Roy fell. He tried but this was not the best place to train him. I want you to use that to your advantage however with a Retaliate. After, follow up with Force Palm, then fall back and finish with a Aura Sphere. If she tries to use a status move, switch for Magic Coat. If Earthquake is used, use Magnet Rise to avoid.

Retaliate/Magic Coat/Magnet Rise ~ Force Palm/Magic Coat/ Magnet Rise ~ Aura Sphere/ Magic Coat/ Magnet Rise

Okay, Eelektrik... here comes round two!

We can't really do anything about that retaliate (so zetta sloooow), but perhaps we can stop him from getting his other attacks off.

Start by binding his arms firmly to his sides. That should make it hard for him to force palm us, I think, and hopefully mess up aura sphere as well. Once you've got him in your coils, unload two discharges straight into his body.

Bind ~ Discharge x 2

Backtract Cataract

Negrek (Oo)
eelektrik
(f) <Levitate>
Energy: 27%
- "Erhg..." Atk, def, accuracy +1; Light Screen active (1 more action).

moon-panther (Oo)
lucario
Halan (m) <Steadfast>
- "HOW DARE YOU?!"​

Immediately upon release, Halan charges at the floating eelektrik, knowing full-well why he was sent out and what he was sent out to do - extract revenge. He can taste the burnt flesh in the air, knows what it's from - and eelektrik is not going to get away with it. The lucario slams into eelektrik, knocking her onto the mud, and slams his speared fists into her flesh; her coiled-body allows her to take the hit a bit better but there is nothing she can do to stop him from tearing at her with his claws, kicking, screaming and biting, pure rage driving his attack. He finally kicks off her and jumps back, allowing her to float back into the air, still coiled up.

She takes a second to recover herself and then, pretty sure she's not too badly hurt, springs towards the lucario. Halan's completely unprepared as the eelektrik wraps herself around him, tying his limbs to his body and forcing him to remain largely immobile under her heavy bulk. She presses tight, and though it doesn't hurt much, Halan grunts under the pressure, uncomfortable.

He tries desperately to force his palms up, nudging eelektrik this way and that to get his arms out of her grip; he manages to free his arm a bit, just enough to tighten his fist and punch eelektrik, but she shakes off the blow and tightens her grip on him. Halan grunts, and then yelps - bright sparks flash from eelektrik's skin and with a flash of light, Halan's world disappears and all he can feel is pain. He screams, electricity discharging throughout his body, and he can feel through the pain that something has seized in his muscles, making them freeze even more than eelektrik's binding can do - he's paralyzed. The electricity stops, and he finds it difficult to breathe.

Barely a second passes before eelektrik recharges, another flash of electricity coursing through Halan's body. The pokemon are so close together, the immediate contact means the electricity is incredibly strong; it feels like his skin is on fire, and he is actually screaming. Again it stops, and eelektrik is visibly panting, and her grip is almost completely loosened, she's barely hanging onto Halan at all. He shoves her off, gritting his teeth, and draws energy between his palms; he closes his eyes and focuses on her aura, seeing it bright, right in front of him - and he releases a pent-up ball of energy which explodes on eelektrik, only a few inches away. She spirals backwards, while Halan braces himself from the attack; after she's collected herself, eelektrik still looks more exhausted than wounded. She's bruised and got a few small scratches, but she's panting so heavily that the wounds might as well not be there.

And slowly, the raindrops stop - they downpour goes from heavy to a slight drizzle, and then nothing altogether. The clouds overhead clear, and soon the sun might even come out, but the ground below is still muddy and pretty gross.​

Negrek (Oo)
eelektrik
(f) <Levitate>
Health: 63%
Energy: 8%
- *pants*

moon-panther (xO)
lucario
Halan (m) <Steadfast>
Health: 71%
Energy: 86%
- "Dieeee!" Paralyzed (severe).

Arena Notes:
There's a small tunnel going down and back up near Roy and Eelektrik.

Final Notes:
- The Discharges were slightly stronger due to close contact. First one also paralyzed.
- Force Palm was much weaker because, well, Halan couldn't really maneuver himself.
- Negrek attacks.

Back
Top Bottom