• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DarkAura vs zeKieranator(Ref: Skyman)

Actually, I'd say that the oasis and the lava river would both be able to supply enough water for a Surf, although the lava river would make it a Fire-type attack. Just because something isn't explicitly stated as working doesn't mean it won't. Use your imagination.

But in any case, since she's going to be sending out a new Pokémon, I'd like you to chill on the first action, and then use one last Energy Ball to wipe her off the field.

Chill ~ Energy Ball

I may not win...but this is fun...and even if it did make surf a fire type...wouldnt flash fire activate?

3v3 single
Style: Set
DQ Time: 6 days
Damage Cap: (round number + 25)%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, indirect healing, chills (5/team)
Arena: Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-Giga-Random Arena

At first glance, this looks like an ordinary office area. However, at the beginning of every round, a spinner will spin, determining the effects upon the arena.

Arena Changes:
- The arena will transform into the site of an exploding volcano, which has a river of lava flowing through the center about 5 feet wide. Pokémon with the ability Flash Fire will have it activated by stepping into the lava, and all other non-Fire-type Pokémon will take 5% Fire-type damage from going into the river. If a Pokémon is foolish enough to stay in the river, they will take 5% Fire-type damage every action. There are also rocks spewing from the volcano, with each Pokémon every action has a (round number + 5)% chance of hitting them, dealing (round number)% Rock-type damage.
- The arena will transform into a nuclear power plant. Each Pokémon every action has a (round number) chance of a radiation beam hitting them, dealing them (round number) random-type damage. In addition, because of this arena being inside a building, no weather moves are allowed, and moves that shake or disrupt the ground (eg. Magnitude, Dig, Earth Power) have a (base power - 20 + round number) chance of knocking over the reactors, dealing each Pokémon (round number + 25)% random-type damage and inflicting them with Toxic poisoning.
- The arena will transform into a dense jungle, where it is always (Rain Dance) raining. The flora here grows so abundantly that it obscures the combatant's vision, decreasing the accuracy of all moves by 20%. However, the area also gives off a strange aura, boosting the Special Attack of Grass-type Pokémon by one stage. Each Pokémon also has a (round number * 5)% chance each action of lightning hitting them, dealing (round number)% Electric-type damage.
- The arena will transform into a desert, with an oasis in the center of the arena. The oasis is about 3 feet deep - letting most Pokémon stand inside it if necessary - and is mostly circular, with a 10 foot diameter. Pokémon standing on the sand will take (round number)% Fire-type damage per action (but will not activate Flash Fire), and Pokémon that need air underwater will use up 3% energy per action to hold their breath.

The same arena cannot be chosen twice in a row.
Other: Only first-stage Pokémon can be used.

Have fun.

Pre-Round

Yet again, both trainers quickly made their commands, and the ref signaled for the round to begin, with him praying for something besides a damn volcano.

zeKieranator's Team
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix.png

Rebecca (F)
Ability: Flash Fire
Health: 96%
Energy: 26%
Status: This has been sooooooooo easy, but also very tiring Flash Fire activated. 5 clones
Commands: Chill~Energy Ball~nothing

DarkAura's Team
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Tirtouga.png

Tirtouga (F)
Ability: Sturdy
Health: 13%(capped)
Energy: 86%
Status: Is at the point of beyond rage, and instead just thinking of what to tell her trainer later on after the match. +2 Attack, +2 Sp.Attack, +2 Speed, +1 Defense, -1 Sp.Defense. Stone edge disabled(1 more action)
Commands: Ice Beam/Ancientpower/Chill~Ice Beam/Ancientpower/Chill~ Return(Bring Charmander out)

Round 5 begins!

Of course, right on que the giant magical spinner(the ref was trying to come up with a witty nickname for it) appeared in mid-air and began to spin. After a few minutes, it once again stopped, this time surprising everybody(and pleasing the ref) by landing on the piece that hadn't been landed on yet-the one with a lare rainforest and dark clouds. Immediately, the nuclear reactor poofed into non-existance, the sky clouded up and began to POUR, and a bunch of trees and vegetation popped up, obscuring both combatants vision.

Despite her fur being soaked and being uncomfortable as a result, Rebecca reacted to this piece of news by curling up into a ball and taking a nap. Sighing and wishing that fox would just end it now, Tirtouga got up and began to charge up some ice energy in her mouth. Continuing to charge it up for a few seconds, eventually she deemed it powerful enough and shot it at where she believed Rebecca to be. Unfortunately for her, she didn't hit Rebecca but instead a clone of hers. Not noticing this, Rebecca just kept on napping while Tirtouga just sighed in annoyance at her situation.

A few minutes later, Rebecca got up feeling a little refreshed. Deciding that, hey, she might as well stop dragging this battle out, she began to charge up yet again a ball of green energy. After a few seconds, she let it go straight at where Tirtouga was. Hitting her mark, Tirtouga was once again knocked back a few feet, this time with swirls for eyes. Noticing this, the ref signaled for the immediate end of the round due to knockout. Recalling her pokemon, Rizadon(which is what DarkAura called herself now) began to contemplate who she was going to send out.

End of Round 5!

zeKieranator's Team
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix.png

Rebecca (F)
Energy: 29%
Status: Yay I win this round =D Flash Fire activated. Has 4 clones
Commands: Chill~Energy Ball~[nothing]

DarkAura's Team
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Tirtouga.png

Tirtouga (F)
Ability: Sturdy
Health: 0%
Energy: 77%
Commands: Ice beam~[knocked out]~[knocked out]

Damage/Energy Calcs:

-Chill: 10% energy
-Ice Beam: 10% damage, 9% energy(rolled 76, needed 80+ to miss due to arena rule, 1-13 to hit real Rebecca)
-Energy Ball: 18% damage, 7% energy(rolled 23, needed 80+ to miss due to arena rule)

Notes:

-No extra side-effects occurred at all, whether by a move or by the arena
-....my imagination had taken a tanking when I did the last reffing, so my bad. I just assumed that the water in the Oasis just wasn't enough for a Surf or a dive. Plus, the surf would have done nothing to Rebecca on the volcano map due to it being fire-typed
-Ice beam hit a clone

Next Round:

-Rizadon sends out
-zeKieranator attacks
-Rizadon attacks
-I ref

Ah, nice choice! In that case, let's use some Zen Headbutts to try and sweep her out as much as possible before we faint. If at any point she uses Counter, use Extrasensory, and if she protects altogether, use Howl.

Zen Headbutt / Extrasensory / Howl ~ Zen Headbutt / Extrasensory / Howl ~ Zen Headbutt / Extrasensory / Howl

Let's start with Double team with as many clones as you can,preferably five clones, then a Ancient Power. Then Dig down and stay down. If it hits you and not a clone on the second or first action, then chill on the second action

Double team (5 clones or more)~Ancient Power/Chill~Dig(Stay down)

Edit: Both Vulpix and Charmander have a base stat of 65, so the speed should be by RNG.

Dear god, the ref hasnt posted yet, and it's double the DQ time. We might either need an e-ref, or Dq warning.....

Sorry for double post.

I'll get to it! I have the reffing written out, its just I can't really access an actual computer that often now. I'll try to post it within a little bit, if I can =/

oh ok. if thats the case then. I think we can wait a little whi;le longer.

wow, you post fast after i posted.=P

3v3 single
Style: Set
DQ Time: 6 days
Damage Cap: (round number + 25)%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, indirect healing, chills (5/team)
Arena: Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-Giga-Random Arena

At first glance, this looks like an ordinary office area. However, at the beginning of every round, a spinner will spin, determining the effects upon the arena.

Arena Changes:
- The arena will transform into the site of an exploding volcano, which has a river of lava flowing through the center about 5 feet wide. Pokémon with the ability Flash Fire will have it activated by stepping into the lava, and all other non-Fire-type Pokémon will take 5% Fire-type damage from going into the river. If a Pokémon is foolish enough to stay in the river, they will take 5% Fire-type damage every action. There are also rocks spewing from the volcano, with each Pokémon every action has a (round number + 5)% chance of hitting them, dealing (round number)% Rock-type damage.
- The arena will transform into a nuclear power plant. Each Pokémon every action has a (round number) chance of a radiation beam hitting them, dealing them (round number) random-type damage. In addition, because of this arena being inside a building, no weather moves are allowed, and moves that shake or disrupt the ground (eg. Magnitude, Dig, Earth Power) have a (base power - 20 + round number) chance of knocking over the reactors, dealing each Pokémon (round number + 25)% random-type damage and inflicting them with Toxic poisoning.
- The arena will transform into a dense jungle, where it is always (Rain Dance) raining. The flora here grows so abundantly that it obscures the combatant's vision, decreasing the accuracy of all moves by 20%. However, the area also gives off a strange aura, boosting the Special Attack of Grass-type Pokémon by one stage. Each Pokémon also has a (round number * 5)% chance each action of lightning hitting them, dealing (round number)% Electric-type damage.
- The arena will transform into a desert, with an oasis in the center of the arena. The oasis is about 3 feet deep - letting most Pokémon stand inside it if necessary - and is mostly circular, with a 10 foot diameter. Pokémon standing on the sand will take (round number)% Fire-type damage per action (but will not activate Flash Fire), and Pokémon that need air underwater will use up 3% energy per action to hold their breath.

The same arena cannot be chosen twice in a row.
Other: Only first-stage Pokémon can be used.

Have fun.

Pre-Round

After thinking about it for a moment, Rizadon took out another pokeball and threw it out. From it came a small, dragon-looking fire creature, which was raring to fight. After the orders were given, the ref signaled for the round to begin.

zeKieranator's Team
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix.png

Rebecca (F)
Energy: 29%
Status: Yay I win this round =D Flash Fire activated. Has 4 clones
Commands: Zen Headbutt / Extrasensory / Howl ~ Zen Headbutt / Extrasensory / Howl ~ Zen Headbutt / Extrasensory / Howl

Rizadon's Team
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Charmander.png

Charmander (F)
Ability: Blaze
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Double team (5 clones or more)~Ancient Power/Chill~Dig(Stay down)

Round 6 Begins!

On que, the giant magical spinney thingy appeared and span for a few minutes, eventually landing on the power plant. Immediately, the rain stopped, everybody became instantly dry, and the forest was replaced by a huge, active nuclear power plant.

Uneasily eyeing the reactor, Charmander began to run around in a circle, getting faster and faster with each second. Eventually, she was moving so fast that everybody was having a great amount of trouble keeping up with her. After a few more seconds of that, she stopped, along with 6 perfect clones. Thoroughly confused by the clones, Rebecca just picked one and cleared her mind. After a few seconds, she ran full speed at her target and rammed it with her head, which was filled with psychic energy. Unfortunately for her, however, she had run in to a clone, which disappeared upon impact. Slightly dismayed, she and her clones simply backed off from Charmander and her clones, who were all looking pretty smug at the moment.

After a few seconds of deathly quiet, Charmander decided to be the first one to move. Calling upon the souls of those who had passed on, she commanded them to come up and attack one of the 5 Rebeccas. Immediately, pieces of the battlefield-tables, chairs, etc-began to lift up and become bathed in a blue and purple fire, before flinging themselves at their target. Unfortunately for Charmander, it was all in vain due to the target simply vanishing into thin air upon contact with the first object. Even worse, the spirits had deemed her not worthy yet of gaining some of their power, and thus left her no stronger than before. Amused by Charmander's failure, Rebecca once again picked a target and cleared her mind, before charging full speed. Unfortunately for her, she managed to miss completely, and it took her a moment to stop. Once she did, she simply hung her head in shame at not even hitting anything.

Still, she shook off her failure, and decided to try to hit that Charmander one last time. Clearing her mind of all doubts, she chose her target and charged once again. This time, she managed to actually hit her target, but unfortunately for her it was just another clone, which disappeared into thin air. Amused by Rebecca's continued failure, Charmander decided to dig down into the ground and stay there. Clawing the ground, slowly at first, she quickened her pace until after only a few seconds there was a huge mound of dirt behind her, and she was several feet below.

What she hadn't realized, however, was that by digging she disrupted an extremely delicate balance in the area. By disrupting this balance, the reactor became unstable on its platform and began to tip. The ref, seeing this, had his Gardevoir teleport him and the two trainers out of harms way before it could fully tip over. Once it did, the toxic waste swamped the arena, eliminating all remaining clones and hitting both battlers. While Charmander felt like she was being beaten up by a large group of Mankey's and Machamps, Rebecca felt as if a huge blast of dark energy was dragging her away. After a couple of minutes of this, all of the waste mysteriously disappeared, but the damage that both battlers sustained remained, and they were now severely poisoned. Having his Gardevoir teleport everybody back, the ref signaled that the round was over.

End of Round 6!

zeKieranator's Team
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix.png

Rebecca (F)
Health: 61%
Energy: 11%
Status: Whimpering from the pain and poison. Toxipoisoned(4% this round, 5% next)
Commands: Zen Headbutt~Zen Headbutt~Zen Headbutt

Rizadon's Team
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Charmander.png

Charmander (F)
Ability: Blaze
Health: 65%
Energy: 72%
Status: OW OW OW OW OW D: Toxipoisoned(4% this round, 5% next)
Commands: Double team(6 clones)~Ancient Power~Dig(Stay down)

Damage/Energy Calcs:

Double team: 12% energy
Zen Headbutt: 6% energy(hit a clone)
Ancient Power: 8% energy(hit a clone)
Zen Headbutt: 6% energy(missed completely)
Zen Headbutt: 6% energy(hit a clone)
Dig(down): 8% energy

Notes:

-Charmander created 6 clones due to that being the most she could
-All attacks this round either missed or hit a clone
-I ref speed ties as RNG'ing it at the beginning of each action. Charmander went first on actions 1 and 2, while Rebecca went first on action 3.
-Charmander using dig caused the reactor to tip over, thus flooding the arena with toxins. Charmander was dealt 31% fighting-type damage(I have no clue how that makes sense) while Rebecca was dealt 31% dark-type damage(no clue why that makes sense either). I also had the poison start at 4% due to it being more severe than regular toxipoisoned.

Next round:

-Rizadon attacks
-zeKieranator attacks
-I ref(hopefully on time!)

If there are any errors, please point them out. I'm almost certain that I made at least one somewhere.

Last edited:
Ok, while your down there, why not chill. Then get out of the fucking ground and use double team again to replenish the ones that were hit. Then Facade.

Chill (underground)~Double Team (Replenish the clones defeated)~Facade

Edit:Wow, i just realized over 1,000 posts! =P

>_>. I should be the one posting that!

DQ warning for zeKieranator. You have 24 hours from this post time to post your commands.

Bleh, I don't really like doing this, especially since zeKieranator hasn't been on in a few days, but they made no post in the absence sheet saying they were away, so here it is.

zeKieranator is DQ'd. Rizadon gains $8, I gain $5, and zeKieranator gains nothing.

Rebecca gets 2 EXP, Tirtouga gets 1 EXP, and Charmander gets 1 EXP.

Back
Top Bottom