• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

SomeGuy vs. Mendatt

Karkat Vantas

Virile God-Snake Tower of Masculinity
3v3 single
DQ: 1 week
DC: 30%
Banned Moves: Direct healing, OHKOs
Arena: Pokémon Tower
Considered by many to be of a sacred nature, this looming structure houses the bodies of many deceased Pokémon. Countless trainers come to pay their respects every day. Two of them, however, have decided to have a battle here.

Effects:
Looks like the spirits that live in the Tower want to watch this battle too. Every action, there is a 25% chance that the moving Pokémon will be frightened by the spirits and flinch. Ghosts and Pokémon with Guts are immune to this.

Other: If LotF's reached his battle limit/exploded in a cloud of poisonous gas, someone else can take me on.

Mendatt's Active Squad

riolu minccino ralts feebas
Eidolon (M, Steadfast) - Saliasteio (M, Technician) - Gelio (F, Trace) - Psari Anir (M, Swift Swim)

SomeGuy's Active Squad

squirtle cacnea vulpix gastly rattata nidoranm ledyba
Turtles (F, Torrent) - Spikyman (M, Sand Veil) - Firefox (F, Flash Fire) - Hellcloud (M, Levitate) - Joey (F, Guts) - Purplemon (M, Poison Point) - Superfly (F, Early Bird)

Okay, SomeGuy sends out first.

Thanks for taking this, Karkat. And good luck, SomeGuy!

Anyways... Let's see... Eidolon, you're up.
I'm not sure if this is necessary, but I've seen others doing it, so
Signature Attribute: Swordfighter

Eidolon is not an average riolu, for one reason and one reason alone: He has a sword. He was born in Iron Mountain, which is an ancient cavern on an island, and where you find ancient caverns, you find tombs, and where you find tombs, you find treasure, and armor, and, most importantly at the moment, swords. His is about three feet long, which is average for a sword, but riolu are two foot four. Of course, riolu are also famed for never giving up, which, although rather cheesy, helped here. A few years later, he got captured by Mendatt. Now he has a sword. And he hits people with the sword, because that's what swords are for.

Effects: Eidolon's sword, and the strength he needed to be able to use it, makes him capable of incredible feats of power. Unfortunately, it's size makes him completely unable to move at the speeds he otherwise would.

When Eidolon is sent into battle, his attack is greatly raised (+2), and it cannot be lowered below -4. However, all of his moves with a speed priority of zero have a speed priority of -1 instead. As well as that, using his sword Eidolon can use the moves Night Slash, Psycho Cut, and Slash, but due to the weight of the sword, he cannot use the moves Bullet Punch, Detect, Feint, Quick Attack, and Vacuum Wave.

Let's see... Use Screech, to start with, to make your opponent more susceptible to attacks. After that, try to start using Blaze Kick, but instead of charging fiery energy to your feet, charge it to your sword instead. Then use Slash with your sword blazing.

Screech ~ Blaze Kick + Slash

Alright, Superfly, start off with a Reflect to soften those physical hits a little. While he's charging, hit him with a nice Psybeam, and finish up with a Drain Punch. If the ghosts scare you a little, try to Chill on that action.

Reflect/Chill~Psybeam/Chill~Drain Punch/Chill

3v3 single
DQ: 1 week
DC: 30%
Banned Moves: Direct healing, OHKOs
Arena: Pokémon Tower
Considered by many to be of a sacred nature, this looming structure houses the bodies of many deceased Pokémon. Countless trainers come to pay their respects every day. Two of them, however, have decided to have a battle here.

Effects:
Looks like the spirits that live in the Tower want to watch this battle too. Every action, there is a 25% chance that the moving Pokémon will be frightened by the spirits and flinch. Ghosts and Pokémon with Guts are immune to this.

Other: If LotF's reached his battle limit/exploded in a cloud of poisonous gas, someone else can take me on.

The challengers made their way into the building, ulitmately deciding to stop at the thirteenth floor. (Spooky.) The two battlers grabbed a little red sphere from their belt and sent out their Pokemon. Mendatt released a sword-wielding Riolu, standing tall while holding up his heavy katana. SomeGuy, on the other hand, released a hovering ladybug that seemed to have boxing gloves.

Team SomeGuy (OO)
ledyba
Superfly - F - Early Bird
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: Ready to pummel his opponent into the ground with her bare hands.
Commands: Reflect/Chill~Psybeam/Chill~Drain Punch/Chill

Team Mendatt (OO)
riolu
Eidolon - M - Steadfast
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Screech ~ Blaze Kick + Slash

Round 1 Begin!!

Superfly stared at her sword-wielding opponent. A hit from that illegal weapon would sting a bit, wouldn't it...? She decided to play it safe and protect herself from a potential bisection. She spread out her multiple arms and glowed golden. Her gilded aura slowly spread out around her until she was surrounded by a golden sphere of energy.

Eidolon was indifferent. He held up his sword, preparing his vocal cords for a triumphant, earsplitting battle cry. He was just about to let one out when he felt a ghostly paw tap him on the shoulder. He turned around to meet the rotting, half-dead corpse of a Rattata, smiling in an unintentionally terrifying way. "Niiiiithhh baaaattttlllle techniiiique youfffff got thaaaar..." he mumbled.

Eidolon let out a mortified scream in the mouse's direction.

Superfly looked with morbid interest to see if there were any undead Pokemon behind him. He saw a couple of assorted gravestones, but no zombies to speak of. Maybe they were all just in his head? Eidolon was busy trying to transfer the energy in his feet into his sword, but this was proving to be impossible; his iron sword just wasn't lighting up. He shrugged and whistled. Superfly turned around to face her opponent to see Eidolon's fiery foot. With a loud squish, Superfly felt her eyesight black out as she hit the floor. She felt her right eye and found that, to her horror, it was swollen shut. She moaned in pain, angered by her sudden blindness.

Superfly did not intend to spend the rest of the match moaning, though. Secreting a bit of leeching juice from her mouth, she wiped the liquid onto her gloves and pounced on the biped. Eidolon, in an act of self defense, lifted up his sword as the punch made contact. Both Pokemon simultaneously winced; the Ledyba from the newly made gash in her stomach, the Riolu from the punch to the jaw that was leeching out his energy. The Ledyba retreated, bloodied and angry, although slightly replenished.

The referee ended the round before they killed each other.

Round 1 End!!

Team SomeGuy (OO)
169rrkw.jpg

Health: 86%
Energy: 85%
Commands: Reflect ~ Psybeam ~ Drain Punch

Team Mendatt (OO)
riolu
Eidolon - M - Steadfast
Health: 84%
Energy: 84%
Commands: *scared* ~ Blaze Kick ~ Slash​

Arena Notes: Nothing of interest.

Ref Notes:
The Blaze Kick + Slash combo failed for obvious reasons, so it was split up into two separate actions.
Riolu was frightened action 1.
Blaze Kick was a crit.
Eidolon actually did do a lot of damage and would have hit the cap if not for Reflect.
Awesome custom sprite by yours truly.
SomeGuy commands first.

Last edited:
I must admit that is quite an awesome sprite. Well, um, try to ignore all the horrifying pain and do a SwordsDance. Then go for a Dizzy Punch; hopefully it'll confuse the riolu. Finish up with a ThunderPunch while I pray to the RNG gods. If you ever get scared or your attacks would miss due to Protect, Detect, or the like, Chill.

SwordsDance/Chill~Dizzy Punch/Chill~ThunderPunch/Chill

That was fast.
And yes, it is an awesome sprite.
Anyways, that didn't go so well. So, where was I...
Use Swords Dance to do even more ridiculous damage. After that.... Try using Copycat to see if we can confuse Superfly. After that, use Swords Dance again. Because why not. However, if you flinch because of the ghosts or something, just Chill. We don't want the whole not doing anything incident repeating itself.

Swords Dance/Chill ~ Copycat/Chill ~ Swords Dance/Chill

Also, it isn't a katana. It's more of the kind of sword you get in games like... Legend of Zelda? Do you play that? It's just not really Japanese-style, more fantasy-medieval style.

Last edited:
Team SomeGuy (OO)
ledyba
Health: 81%
Energy: 85%
Commands: Swords Dance/Chill ~ Dizzy Punch/Chill ~ Thunderpunch/Chill

Team Mendatt (OO)
riolu
Eidolon - M - Steadfast
Health: 84%
Energy: 84%
Commands: Swords Dance/Chill ~ Copycat/Chill ~ Swords Dance/Chill

Round 2 Start!!!

The round had begun, the commands had been given, but the Pokemon weren't fighting. While Superfly was aching for revenge for her newfound blindness, and Eidolon did have a pretty badass sword that he was just begging to use, the two of them had decided to set their differences aside this action and be partners.

What made this happen? Why, it's the new dance sensation that's sweeping the nation-- the Swords Dance!!! Yes, it's the brand new dance that everybody's doing! It's as easy as love or your A-B-Cs! There's never been a dance that's so easy to do, and it even makes you happy when you're feeling blue!

Superfly, who had gotten the notion to hold her opponent's hand, danced a bizarre tango that was half shadow-boxing, half ballroom dance; her opponent did the same. Eidolon did likewise; although he lacked Superfly's six limbs, he made up for it by having an actual sword. He jiggled his sword around in a menacing fashion, shoving it in his opponent's face. Superfly threatened her opponent as well, and as they both moved around in circles being threatening, it became evident that they were growing more confident and more powerful as they kept moving.

Superfly, feeling pumped, stepped back, to be poked on the back by a zombie Squirtle. "Eeeeeeey, buddy, that sure was a cool dance... could you show ME how tuh do it...?" Rather than be freaked out, though, Superfly just chilled out. She decided to tell the ghost that the Swords Dance could be taught to certain Pokémon via TM. It was a bit difficult to chill out with a zombie behind you, but he did it anyway.

Eidolon mimicked his opponent's halfhearted rest; the two of them took a little nap together. The tombstone made for a poor pillow, but it was adequate.

The ladybird stopped sleeping and raised her fist over the dog's face. Eidolon woke up to the sound of crackling thunder and the sight of a descending fist.

KZZZ-BAM!!!

Eidolon took the slap to the face in a dignified manner, but he still was pretty pissed. He decided to do the Swords Dance, that hit new dance that's sweeping the nation and assisting crazy mass murderer Riolu. He did the crazy warrior dance, but this time he was foaming out the mouth in RAGE!!! He finished his dance by tossing his sword in the air and catching it with his teeth, in the ultimate display of badassery.

The round ended with both Pokemon angered, powered, and not humorously dancing together.

Round 2 End!!!

Team SomeGuy (OO)
ledyba
Energy: 80%
Commands: Swords Dance ~ Chill ~ Thunderpunch

Team Mendatt (OO)
riolu
Eidolon - M - Steadfast
Health: 73%
Energy: 83%
Commands: Swords Dance ~ Chill ~ Swords Dance​

Arena Notes: Nonexistent.

Ref Notes:
Chill restored less energy than usual because Superfly was creeped out by the ghosts.
I know it's not a katana, but katanas are just better.
Late round is late. I know. Don't blame me, blame society!!!
Um, that Mendatt guy attacks first.

Wonderful, Eidolon! Just... Masterfully wonderful! I have never seen such beautiful movement! Just... Wonderful!
Now that you're pumped up, and all... Hmm. Spend your first action using Rock Tomb. Don't actually attempt to hit Superfly, just make the floor rise up and form a huge cone she can't get out of except by flying, like... Sort of like a small, small volcano, except with no lava? Hmm. If she uses Protect, just make it bigger, to go around the shield. Once you do that, try using Rock Slide to tear bricks out of the walls and drop them on Superfly to make it hard for her to get out. If she gets out, just use Slash.
Also if you get flinched by the ghosts just Chill out and calm down so you can fight more effectively afterward.

Rock Tomb/Chill ~ Rock Slide/Slash/Chill x2

Late round is fine :3 And also I don't really like katanas
Claymores rule
When Eidolon evolves he shall get a claymore.

STOP CHANGING SUPERFLY'S SEX MID-ACTION SHE DOESN'T LIKE IT
Aw, +6 attack? That's bound to hurt...

So, since you have wings and all that, put them to good use and fly out of that cone once Eidolon's made it. Then Protect against the first Slash- he ought to swing his sword anyway. Finish up with some nice Acrobatics. And Chill if you get creeped out.

Fly out of cone/Chill ~ Protect/Chill ~ Acrobatics/Chill

Team SomeGuy (OO)
ledyba
Energy: 80%
Commands: Fly out of cone/Chill ~ Protect/Chill ~ Acrobatics/Chill

Team Mendatt (OO)
569315-ANTVJZ3.png

Eidolon - M - Steadfast
Health: 73%
Energy: 83%
Commands: Rock Tomb/Chill ~ Rock Slide/Slash/Chill ~ Rock Slide/Slash/Chill

Round 3 Start!!!

Eidolon lifted his huge badass sword, and noted the irony in how he intended to make a tomb out of tombstones. He pushed one of the tombstones over and lifted it up in preparation for his attack. He was not expecting to see an aggravated undead Charmeleon underneath the rock.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!? This is my family's resting place, you nitwit!" Charmeleon ranted and raved at the buffed up Riolu; how dare you desecrate my family's grave, etcetera etcetera. Eidolon just sat down and rested instead, trying his hardest to ignore the verbal beating and relax his muscles.

Superfly didn't see any cone to fly out of; regardless, she flew upwards towards the ceiling. Her flight wasn't a very difficult one, what with the ceiling being about eight feet above the floor. Either way, she looked down at Eidolon from up above and waved.

Eidolon snarled. Instead of tactfully chilling, he should have been desecrating the resting place of a zombie Charmeleon! Now, though, he knew exactly what he should have done-- he should have put that big shiny sword to good use. He waved it in his hand, approached the ladybug, and swiped his sword. Instead of hearing the sound that flesh makes when being ripped into pieces, though, all Eidolon heard was the noise a sword makes when it bumps into a translucent protective barrier.

Superfly, pleased that she had avoided being hit by his opponent, decided to attack the testosterone-addled Riolu. She plopped down from the ceiling, twisting and contorting her body in a way that the showed off her light weight. She crashed down and bashed her entire body into Eidolon before spinning around and floating back up. Eidolon fell down head over heels, but thinking fast, he tossed his sword up into the air and aimed it towards Superfly.

The sword flew upwards and nearly cut the Ledyba's leg off. BLOOD AND GORE ensued, but i know you're all a bunch of wussy losers who freak out at the sight of blood so we're not going to discuss the GORY DETAILS.

Eidolon's sword fell down two feet away from him, and he used it as a walking stick; damn, his opponent was strong! Superfly was trying to use the peeling wallpaper as a bandage to cover her wound with no success.

The referee laughed at the fighters' misfortune and waved his flags.

Round 3 End!!!

Team SomeGuy (OO)
ledyba
Health: 62%
Energy: 59%
Status: Starting to fantasize what an impaling looks like. +2 Attack.
Commands: Fly out of cone ~ Protect ~ Acrobatics

Team Mendatt (OO)
569315-ANTVJZ3.png

Eidolon - M - Steadfast
Health: 49%
Energy: 74%
Commands: Chill ~ Slash ~ Slash​

Arena Notes:

Some gravestones are cracked from Eidolon's rocking; a big swordmark is in the floor next to Eidolon.

Ref Notes:

Eidolon was scared shitless Action 1.
Acrobatics did a whopping 24 damage!
Since the ceiling is so low, Superfly could still be targeted by her opponent's attacks.
SomeGuy (who got a name change after I wrote this) commands.

Last edited:
Alright, Superfly! 'swhat I'm talking about.
Since the ceiling is so low, Superfly could still be targeted by his opponent's attacks.
SUPERFLY IS FEMALE >:(

Huh. I still don't like that riolu's attack stat, so why don't you Attract him. After that, do a little Swords Dance again and finish the round off with a Psybeam. If he Protects against either Attract or Psybeam, Chill on that action.

Attract/Chill~Swords Dance~Psybeam/Chill

Use Magic Coat, to start with. That somehow reverses the effects of flirtation. Follow that with a Blaze Kick, then a Drain Punch to sort of cancel out the damage that Psybeam does. And feel free to get annoyed at any stray ghosts: Energy isn't something I'm worrying about at this stage.

Magic Coat ~ Blaze Kick ~ Drain Punch

Last edited:
For a second there I thought you had finished the reffing. How silly of me.
Anyways, are you sure? I can't see any.

Probably fly up + protect + acrobatics wouldn't come to 21% energy. But why didn't you just change it?

Team SomeGuy (OO)
ledyba
Health: 62%
Energy: 59%
Status: Starting to fantasize what an impaling looks like. +2 Attack.
Commands: Attract/Chill ~ Swords Dance ~ Psybeam/Chill

Team Mendatt (OO)
569315-ANTVJZ3.png

Eidolon - M - Steadfast
Health: 49%
Energy: 74%
Commands: Magic Coat ~ Blaze Kick ~ Drain Punch

Round 4 Start!

Given their newfound buffness, both Superfly and Eidolon were prepared to beat the shit out of their opponents. (With the power of love and reflective barriers, respectively.) They were all prepared to do that when all of a sudden...

*rumble rumble*

The two battlers metaphorically wet their metaphorical pants as they saw the most terrifying thing in the world.

*rumble rumble*

Dumbfounded, Eidolon dropped his sword and stared at the monstrosity.

*rumble rumble*

The two Pokémon stared up into the cruel, murderous face of the most vile beast mankind has ever witnessed, the evil ZOMBIE CHARZARD.

Eidolon's orders for the action were erased from his memory, replaced with images of a rotten, grey Charzard corpse with neon green eyes. How could he think about anything else? He tried closing his eyes and found, to his horror, the image of moldy grey flesh on a reptilian skeleton was etched onto the back of his eyelids. Superfly was similarly scared out of her wits; she curled up into a little ball just staring at the Charzrad. Needless to say, a Fire/Flying type could pretty much burn a Ledyba to a crisp. (Provided it didn't decide to crush it with its wings, or something flying-typish like that first.)

After what seemed like an eternity, the Zombie Chargazard's fraying body finally disintegrated. With her worst nightmare's remains now tattered and fraying on the floor, Superfly decided it was time to prepare to defeat her actual opponent. She mimicked the actions that her opponent had been doing to buff himself up. Although she lacked a sword, Superfly was able to effectively pantomime the motions of a blade-wielding warrior, slicing the air with her non-existant katana. Her skinny arms started buffing up as she grew stronger, thinking she could take on anything.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw her opponent running towards her, his foot glowing red. He leaped uptowards her with his strong leg muscles with his legs ablaze. Superfly tilted her body backwards and let the kick fly harmlessly over her body. She stopped flapping her wings and fell down onto the floor.

Luckily, her crash was cushioned by a nice raggedy thing on the floor. She pulled the grey, tattered cloth all over her body, comfortably snuggled up inside of it.

She then realized that her blanket was the flesh of a Zombie Charzagrdfdasdsafrd and proceeded to flip the fuck out.

Eidolon, unfazed by the remnants of what was once a terrified beast, calmly walked up to the jittering Ledyba and put his sword down. His fist glowed a bright white, and in a flash he smashed his fist into his opponent's stomach with a loud squish. Superfly's bodily fluids were drained out of her body and into Eidolon's, leaving her a bit on the dizzy side.

Satisfied with his actions for the round, Eidolon turned around and giggled a little thinking about the squishy sound his opponent's guts made.

Round 4 End!

Team SomeGuy (OO)
ledyba
Health: 44%
Energy: 57%
Commands: *scared* ~ Swords Dance ~ *scared*

Team Mendatt (OO)
569315-ANTVJZ3.png

Eidolon - M - Steadfast
Health: 58%
Energy: 55%
Status: A true knight is not amused by squishy noises. +6 (!) Attack.
Commands: *scared* ~ Blaze Kick ~ Drain Punch​

Arena Notes: A grey tattered zombie Charizard skin litters the ground.

Ref Notes:
Timeliest reffing 2011? Probably.
Blaze Kick missed.
Mendatt attacks first.

Back
Top Bottom