• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

In Progress Fallen Feathers (Soulsilver Nuzlocke Challenge)

DarkHydra

Rules

First Pokemon on each route must be caught

If the pokemon is defeated, a new route must be explored before you can go back and capture a pokemon.

If a pokemon faints in any way, it is considered dead

Healing Items are permitted

Pokecentres are permitted

A White out is not considered Game Over, unless I have no boxed pokemon

Gift pokemon are allowed, but if I choose to use them, I cannot catch any pokemon on my current route (Or next route if in a city or town)

Event pokemon are allowed, but my team must have at least two members with the same or higher level, and I must wait untill it dies to add another event to my party.

Trades are permitted IF they are in-game with NPCs, and they count as the next route's pokemon capture.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun set over a lone female trainer, Wolf, accompanied by a small Chikorita, nicknamed 'Narcissus', as they looked over the deceptively calm grass, moving occasionally from the movements of wild pokemon. Their task was simple, just to traverse the tall grass, and speak to a man named 'Mr.Pokemon', but, they also knew the price of failing. Death. Wolf took a deep breath, and stepped into the grass.

Almost as soon as they stepped into the grass, a wild Rattata appeared to fight them. Narcissus, the chikorita, slammed headlong into the small pokemon, flinging it across the area. It did not get back up again. Wolf moved on, past the limp form of the Rattata. Their second battle was against a Hoothoot, which, whilst being more of a challenge than the purple mouse, was also defeated.

Eventually, after a few more battles, and after the small grass type levelled up, and even learnt a new move, Wolf and Narcissus made it to Cherrygrove City, where they made their way to the pokemon centre, where a kindly red haired nurse healed the Chikorita's cuts and scrapes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Current Team​

Narcissus
Chikorita (Lv.6) (F)

Last edited:
Back from Mr.Pokemon's house, where she obtained an egg, and a pokedex, Wolf came rushing through the tall grass to get back to Professor Elm's lab, where he had made a distressed sounding call. However, on her way back, she encountered a Red haired boy, Fox, with a stolen Cyndaquil. Battle ensues, with Narcissus taking only a small amount of damage even though her opponent used growl several times. The Cyndaquil collapsed, and Fox looked a little put out, but sucked the pokemon back into its pokeball all the same, and strolled casually to the pokemon centre. Apparently, the Cyndaquil was not quite dead yet.

Upon her return to the lab, Wolf was accused of stealing a pokemon by the police, although Ethan, a boy with a battle scarred Marill, set the policeman right. Wolf then handed the egg to Professor Elm. And then obtained some pokeballs from Ethan, who needlessly showed her how to use them.

Wolf, knee deep in the tall grass, soon came across a Sentret, which she quickly captured, and nicknamed Flick. Flick turned out to be a proficient fighter, levelling up and becoming a dangerous adversary, or at least to Pidgey and Rattata. Soon, on the next route, Wolf came across a strong Pidgey, which she captured also, and named Tuft.

Moving along the winding routes, filled with small creatures fighting to the death, Wolf was challenged by a Young Trainer, with his Pidgey and Rattata, which were quickly dispatched by Flick, although Flick nearly died himself. Dodging a few more trainers along the way, Wolf encountered and captured a Ladyba, imaginatively named Star, which was levelled a little, but since Star only had one attack, that took a while.

When Wolf was satisfied with Star's training (Or bored with it), she moved on to Violet city, where the gym stood, foreboding, with a small trickle of young trainers clutching their dying pokemon. Wolf felt herself break out in a cold sweat looking at it, and hurried into the pokemon centre, where her small team was healed.

Current Team

Narcissus
Chikorita (Lv.8) (F)

Flick
Sentret (Lv.6) (M)

Tuft
Pidgey (Lv.5) (M)

Star
Ladyba (Lv.5) (F)

Last edited:
After grinding her entire team, plus an Onix (Named Rocky) that Wolf obtained through a trade with a boy in somebody's house, and a Mareep (Named Amphy) to level 10, Wolf stood before the dark shape of the gym. Stepping inside, the tense atmosphere almost claustrophobic, she waited as the wooden platform rose towards the gym leader. Disappointing, she was told by some dude that she couldn't take on Falkner before she defeated Sprout Tower. Wolf strode back outside the gym, a look of focus on her face, as she hurried to Sprout Tower.

Inside, she faced the first sage, who attacked with a Bellsprout, who was fried with a Thundershock. And then another Bellsprout, and then another. After the battle, three small plant pokemon were laying electrocuted on the floor of the tower. Wolf waved to the sage, who simply looked at her sadly. The second sage battle was much the same. On the third battle, Wolf switched Amphy with Tuft the Pidgey, and the unfortunate Bellsprout lay strewn about the tower, Wolf leaving the battle with a slightly stronger bird pokemon.

Wolf stood at the top of Sprout tower, where four sages stood by, ready to battle with their plants. The first sage had one Bellsprout, which Tuft destroyed with a quick gust of forceful air. The second sage also sent out a Bellsprout, albeit a slightly stronger one, which also died with a gust of wind. The third sage was easy to bypass, but then, Wolf came up behind Fox, the red head with the stolen Cyndaquil, however, he did not stay to fight this time, and left, giving Wolf free access to the Elder of the Sages.

The elder first sent out a small Bellsprout, which was killed immediately by Tuft's gust, however, the elder then sent out a Hoothoot, perhaps trying to break the trend of Bellsprout in Sprout tower, although Amphy quickly took it out with Thundershock. Then, of course, the Elder sent out yet another Bellsprout, which was also quickly defeated by a certain Pidgey.

Wolf then recieved a technical machine - Flash, which she stowed away for safekeeping, and descended down through the tower, ready to defeat Falkner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Team

Narcissus
Chikorita (Lv.10) (F)

Flick
Sentret (Lv.10) (M)

Tuft
Pidgey (Lv.12) (M)

Amphy
Mareep (Lv.12) (M)

Rocky
Onix (Lv.10) (M)

Boxed Pokemon

Star
Ladyba (Lv.8) (F)

Last edited:
Wolf stood impassively as the wooden platform thrust her upwards towards the gym leader - Falkner. She scampered along the hidden pathway of the gym, since defeating other trainers would weaken her pokemon for Falkner. As she approached him, he looked up, and her nervousness peaked. Wolf would not let her pokemon die.

As was customary, he gave a short speech, before sending a Pidgey into battle, to oppose Amphy. The pidgey was defeated easily with a single bolt of electricity, leaving Wolf to wonder why a weak pokemon like that was in a gym leader's team. Then, Falkner sent out Pidgeotto. It was obviously a survivor - missing an eye, and covered in scrapes and scratches. This bird had killed many trainer's pokemon. Amphy began with a jolt of electricity, hurting the pokemon greatly, but then, it flew up to a high ledge in the gym, and rested itself. This repeated several times, until, finally, it stopped, and went on the offensive. However, for a battle hardened killer, it didn't hit very hard, and the small electric sheep took it out with a couple of Thundershocks.

After the battle, Falkner sullenly handed over his gyms badge, cradling his wounded bird gently in his arms. Wolf looked back once before she left. Pidgeotto had died. What had she done?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Team

Narcissus
Chikorita (Lv.10) (F)

Flick
Sentret (Lv.10) (M)

Tuft
Pidgey (Lv.12) (M)

Amphy
Mareep (Lv.12) (M)

Rocky
Onix (Lv.10) (M)

Boxed Pokemon

Star
Ladyba (Lv.8) (F)

After the battle with Falkner, and after seeing the look on his face when his beloved bird pokemon died, Wolf couldn't help but feel a little sad. Still, she reasoned, it was pidgeotto or Amphy. A call from Professor Elm snapped her out of it, and, apparently, his aide had something for her in the pokemart.

Hurrying to the pokemart, Wolf recieved the egg Mr.Pokemon had given her to give to Professor Elm. She stowed the precious egg safely away, then, after stocking up on essentials, and meeting a woman in a strange dress thing, who commented on the egg, she set off from Violet city, with her single gym badge glistening in a slot in her trainer card.

Outdide the city, a man gave her an HM, Rock Smash, which she popped into her bag with her other TM. Wolf thanked the man, and went on her way, leaving through the Ruins of Alph, since the only other route was blocked by a dancing tree. As she tried to leave route 32, another, older man stopped her, and gave her a small seed, which she immediately handed to Narcissus. In the swaying grass, a Mareep appeared, although it was defeated easily by Narcissus' Razor Leaf. Wolf dodged a trainer, and looked up, seeing a massive metal bridge thing above her. Breifly, she wondered what it was, then dismissed it, carrying on her journey. Soon, Wolf was challenged by a camper with a male Nindoran. Knowing grass to be weak to poison, Wolf switched Narcissus with Rocky, who took the small poisonous rabbit out, crushing it under his stone coils. The camper, defeated, ran off, small tears in her eyes. Wolf felt sorry for her, but there was really nothing she could do.

Soon, Wolf came across a lone pokemon centre, where her team's injuries were healed, and a fisherman thrust an old looking rod, and another man some Lure balls into Wolf's hands. Leaving before she could get any more free rubbish, she soon stood in the entrance to the gloomy Union Cave.

Current Team

Narcissus
Chikorita (Lv.11) (F)

Flick
Sentret (Lv.10) (M)
Status: Is this a good time to mention I'm afraid of the dark?

Tuft
Pidgey (Lv.12) (M)

Rocky
Onix (Lv.10) (M)

Amphy
Mareep (Lv.13) (M)

Boxed Pokemon

Star
Ladyba​

Back
Top Bottom