• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Squornshellous Beta vs I liek Squirtles

Skyman

Well, it's been a while hasn't it?
Pronoun
she
For ILS. Let's watch me be slaughtered soundly.

10vs10 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: none
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Restraunt of Global Cuisines

The trainers have come to a wonderful restraunt in the heart of Asber, known for its massive range of food - indeed, no-one's yet found a dish they don't serve. And, since they operate in the heart of the ASB league, there's a space for the diners to have a battle. Today, these two trainers have booked out the entire restraunt all day for a full 10v10 battle, and they've also shelled out the extra for the Deluxe package. So, at the end of every third round, a dish will be seved to each Pokémon from the following list:
20%: Fruit Salad, Restores 5% health.
20%: Double-caffeine Coffee, Restores 5% energy.
10%: Chicken Soup, heals the Pokémon of any major status conditions.
10%: Coffee Cake, restores 5% health and 5% energy.
10%: Ultra-NRG Cola, causes the next round's moves to to deal 2% more damage for 2% less energy.
9%: Heart Sweets, causes the Pokémon to be mildly attracted to its opponent (provived they are of opposite genders).
5%: Triple Cheeseburger, lowers speed by two stages.
5%: Tamato Berry Curry, inflicts a mild burn on the Pokémon.
5%: Bad Fish, inflicts mild poisoning on the Pokémon.
5%: Poorly prepared Fugu, inflicts mild paralysis on the Pokémon.
1%: Four Horsemen Burger, instantly KOs the Pokémon.
Other: Only unevolved Pokémon can be used. Good luck to whoever decides to ref this.

Squornshellous Beta's Active Squad
spheal.png

Odobenus the Male Spheal
Ability: Thick Fat
More info...

Zorua.png

Kabuki Noh Genjutsu the Female Zorua
Ability: Illusion
More info...

scraggy.png

The Youth of Today the Male Scraggy
Ability: Shed Skin
More info...

foongus.png

Agaric Amanita the Female Foongus
Ability: Effect Spore
More info...

litwick.png

Raqs Sharqui the Female Litwick
Ability: Flash Fire
Item: Dusk Stone
More info...

wyrmal.png

Pachyptila the Male Wyrmal
Ability: Magma Armor
More info...

dragomelet.png

Frittata the Female Dragomelet
Ability: Solid Rock
More info...

golett.png

גולם the Unknown Golett
Ability: Iron Fist
More info...

tsuki.png

Felix the Male Tsuki
Ability: Levitate
More info...

slugma.png

Cherufe the Male Slugma
Ability: Flame Body
More info...

I liek Squirtles' Active Squad
squirtle.png

Mr. Turtle the Male Squirtle
Ability: Torrent
Item: Wacan Berry
More info...

growlithe.png

Cave Canem the Male Growlithe
Ability: Flash Fire
More info...

hoothoot.png

Cuckoo the Male Hoothoot
Ability: Insomnia
More info...

teddiursa.png

Roosevelt the Male Teddiursa
Ability: Quick Feet
More info...

blitzle.png

Marty the Male Blitzle
Ability: Lightningrod
More info...

poochyena.png

Lupus Rex the Male Poochyena
More info...

drilbur.png

Sand Man the Male Drilbur
Ability: Sand Force
More info...

cacnea.png

Shifu the Male Cacnea
Ability: Sand Veil
More info...

vanillite.png

Baskin Robbins the Male Vanillite
Ability: Ice Body
More info...

elgyem.png

Luke Skywalker the Male Elgyem
Ability: Synchronize
More info...

The all-knowing RNG says:

-I liek Squirtles sends out
-Squornshellous Beta sends out and attacks
-I liek Squirtles attacks
-I ref(hopefully!)

Squor, would you mind providing me the info for all of the Fakemon? I've never reffed any of them, so I have no clue what their movesets/stats are.

Yes, yes I'll get the pictures for the pokemon up soon >_>

Last edited:
Well gee, I wonder who's coming out -- oh, maybe a Fighting-type? Sounds good. Youth, come on out.
[img]http://i54.tinypic.com/anmosj.jpg[/img]

Goodness, you actually have more moves than I thought. So let's try this. Leer, Work Up, and Brick Break. Any action you'd be able to successfully, switch it up for Focus Punch; if he Protects on the first or third action try another Work Up.
Leer / Focus Punch / Work Up ~ Work Up / Focus Punch ~ Brick Break / Focus Punch /Work Up

THE SLAUGHTERING WILL BEGIN!!! Start with a Hone Claws to cancel the leer, then do an Aerial Ace to land some damage, then finally a -wait for it- Counter! HA BETA! Slaughterific!

Hone Claws~Aerial Ace~Counter

10vs10 single

The trainers have come to a wonderful restraunt in the heart of Asber, known for its massive range of food - indeed, no-one's yet found a dish they don't serve. And, since they operate in the heart of the ASB league, there's a space for the diners to have a battle. Today, these two trainers have booked out the entire restraunt all day for a full 10v10 battle, and they've also shelled out the extra for the Deluxe package. So, at the end of every third round, a dish will be served to each Pokémon from the following list:
10%: Ultra-NRG Cola, causes the next round's moves to to deal 2% more damage for 2% less energy.
9%: Heart Sweets, causes the Pokémon to be mildly attracted to its opponent (provided they are of opposite genders).
Other: Only unevolved Pokémon can be used. Good luck to whoever decides to ref this.

Pre-Round

For once, it seems like there is a semi-reasonable location for a battle in Asber. Set at perhaps one of the best restaurants-it certainly has the largest menu of them all-in Asber, it also conveniently has a large space designated just for battling. Of course, they haven't quite seen anything like this battle- a full on 10v10, this battle is meant to be an endurance contest if nothing else. The Deluxe package ordered will at least make the battle much more bearable, making it more likely for this battle to be taken to the bitter end.

Once the battlers were in place at their tables, they thought over their first choice of Pokemon before sending out. From ILS table came a small little teddybear, who would be cute if it wasn't for the fact that there was a bloodlust in his eyes. From Squorn's table came a small, dark-colored lizard standing on two legs who appeared to be having trouble keeping his pants up. After issuing their commands, and everybody getting their appetizers, the ref signaled for the round to begin.

Squornshellous Beta's Team
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

anmosj.jpg

The Youth of Today (M)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Commands: Leer / Focus Punch / Work Up ~ Work Up / Focus Punch ~ Brick Break / Focus Punch /Work Up

I liek Squirtles Team
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

teddiursa.png

Roosevelt (M)
Commands: Hone Claws~Aerial Ace~Counter

Round 1 Begins!

Neither competitor moved for a few seconds after the round began. Everybody was starting to get bored already when Roosevelt finally made a move. Looking at his claws, he deemed that they were not sharp enough to rip through Youth's flesh cleanly, and so he looked around for something to sharpen them on. Finding an empty table, he walked over and began to rake his claws back and forth, back and forth on it until he was felt that his claws were sharp enough. Happy, he turned around to face his opponent-only to get his face smashed in by a powerful punch from his opponent. His feet leaving the floor for a second, he flew back about 5 or so feet until he hit the ground again. Skidding along for another 5 feet, he managed to finally stop moving by digging his sharpened claws into the ground. Slowly getting up, he glared at Youth with an extreme hatred in his eyes.

Youth, however, wasn't paying attention. Instead, he was doing multiple exercises, ranging from jogging in place, push ups(or what appeared to be push ups), and just flexing flexing his muscles, all the while giving himself a pretty motivating speech. After a few more seconds of this, he was finished and felt like he was strong enough to beat that bear into a little pulp. Roosevelt, who had been watching Youth exercise with a curious expression, snapped out of the mini chance he was in just in time to see a chance to attack. Taking this chance, he ran over to Youth with blinding speed before raking his claws across Youth's face. Surprised at the sudden attack, Youth clutched his face in extreme pain-Roosevelt had struck a tender spot on his face, and it was hurting him like crazy.

After a couple minutes of clutching his face in pain, Youth finally took his hand off of his face. Enraged at being injured so badly so quickly, he rushed forward and punched Roosevelt 3 times in quick succession. If there had been any barriers protecting Roosevelt, they would have smashed into a billion pieces from the strength of the attack. When Youth finished his attack, he thought that his opponent would take at least a couple minutes to retaliate-which is why he was extremely surprised when Roosevelt just shrugged off the attack and hit Youth right back with two times the power. Getting knocked back a few feet, the only thing Youth could do was stare in shock at the power Roosevelt just unleashed while the ref ended the round, with some food still in his mouth.

Round 1 Over!

1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

anmosj.jpg

The Youth of Today (M)
Health: 56%
Energy: 84%
Status: Shocked at Roosevelt's power. +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack
Commands: Focus Punch~Work Up~Brick Break

I liek Squirtles Team
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

teddiursa.png

Roosevelt (M)
Health: 59%
Energy: 77%
Commands: Hone Claws~Aerial Ace~Counter

Damage/Energy Calcs:

Hone Claws: 4% energy
Focus Punch: 28% damage, 7% energy
Work Up: 3% energy
Aerial Ace: 18% damage, 6% energy
Brick Break: 13% damage, 6% energy
Counter: 26% damage, 13% energy

Notes:

-Aerial Ace was a critical hit
-Brick Break's original damage was 16%, but I took off 3% damage since Counter does reduce the damage dealt to the user slightly(at least, according to the A&A guide)
-Speed order, so I don't get confused: Youth(48), Roosevelt(40)

Arena Notes:

-One of the tables has claw marks from where Roosevelt sharpened his claws
-There are claw marks for about 5 feet near that table on the ground

Next Round:

-Squornshellous Beta attacks
-I ref

Please point out all errors to me. I just have a feeling I made several somewhere in there >_>

Okay Roosevelt, we want some BLOOD don't we? Start with another Aerial Ace, unless he Counters or Protects, then Chill. Taunt him, unless he Taunts you in which case Aerial Ace to make BLOOD fly all over. Finally, Yawn unless you are Taunted, if you are use Brick Break.
BLOODLUST.

Aerial Ace/Chill~Taunt/Aerial Ace~Yawn/Brick Break

10vs10 single

The trainers have come to a wonderful restraunt in the heart of Asber, known for its massive range of food - indeed, no-one's yet found a dish they don't serve. And, since they operate in the heart of the ASB league, there's a space for the diners to have a battle. Today, these two trainers have booked out the entire restraunt all day for a full 10v10 battle, and they've also shelled out the extra for the Deluxe package. So, at the end of every third round, a dish will be served to each Pokémon from the following list:
9%: Heart Sweets, causes the Pokémon to be mildly attracted to its opponent (provided they are of opposite genders).

Pre-Round

After Youth finally got back on his feet, and the trainers finished what they were eating, both sides gave their commands. The ref-who was stuffing himself with food-managed to signal for the round to begin between bites.

1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

anmosj.jpg

The Youth of Today (M)
Health: 56%
Energy: 84%
Status: Shocked at Roosevelt's power. +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack
Commands: Substitute (20%)~Fake Out~Focus Punch

I liek Squirtles Team
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

teddiursa.png

Roosevelt (M)
Health: 59%
Energy: 77%
Commands: Aerial Ace/Chill~Taunt/Aerial Ace~Yawn/Brick Break

Round 2 Begins!

Slightly unsteady on his feet, Youth decided that he should get himself a meatshield to prevent his face from being clawed at again. Looking around, he spotted an empty table far away from everything else. Rushing over to it, he yanked all of the tablecloth off of it and tossed that away before breaking seemingly random pieces of the table off. After about 30 seconds of him doing this, however, it became clear what he was shaping: a rough figure of a scraggy. After a few seconds of refining the new figure, Youth took a little bit of his life force and breathed it into the scraggy figure, which sprung to life and jumped in front of Youth. It was just in time, too, because Roosevelt had been rushing up to slash at Youth's face once again. Instead, however, his claws simply scratched the chest of the substitute, which although it looked damaged, it would survive a while yet.

Greatly annoyed at his attack being blocked by the wooden substitute, Roosevelt was about to mock Youth for doing something so cowardly as hiding behind something else when Youth came up suddenly and yelled "SURPRISE!!" before punching him in the face. Although it didn't do all that much damage, Roosevelt was sufficiently surprised that he completely forgot what he was about to do.

Retreating back behind his living shield, Youth tightened his focus on Roosevelt. His fist glowing bright white, he continued to focus on Roosevelt, ignoring everything else. Roosevelt, attempting to break Youth's focus and make him sleep, let out a huge yawn. Looking expectantly over to Youth, he was surprised when he saw the substitute temporarily blocking Youth's view of Roosevelt, to block him from the yawn. As soon as the yawn was done, the substitute moved out of the way, and from behind it Youth came rushing out. His fist glowing white, he ran up and punched Roosevelt with the full power of the move. Roosevelt was blown back several feet from the impact, and when he finally stopped skidding again, he was slow to get up and running low on endurance. The ref signaled for the round to end at this point, before once again stuffing himself.

Round 2 Over!

1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

anmosj.jpg

The Youth of Today (M)
Health: 36%
Energy: 61%
Status: This seems a lot easier all of a sudden. Has a substitute with 9% health left. +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack
Commands: Substitute (20%)~Fake Out~Focus Punch

I liek Squirtles Team
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

teddiursa.png

Roosevelt (M)
Health: 25%
Energy: 66%
Status: Already running low on power. +1 attack, +1 accuracy
Commands: Aerial Ace~[flinch]~Yawn

Damage/Energy Calcs:

-Substitute: 20% health, 10% energy
-Aerial Ace: 11% damage, 6% energy
-Fake Out: 6% damage, 6% energy
-Yawn: 5% energy
-Focus Punch: 28% damage, 7% energy

Notes:

-No crits this time! Or anything really of note, now that I think about it...
-Yawn was, of course, blocked by the substitute
-Speed order, for my preference: Youth(48), Roosevelt(40)

Arena Notes:

-One of the tables has claw marks from where Roosevelt sharpened his claws
-There are claw marks for about 5 feet near that table on the ground
-Near where Youth and his substitute stand are many chunks of wood

Next Round:
-I ref

Am I actually in the lead? This is unprecedented in a non-random battle!

Okay. We don't want to be Taunted, so if he tries that, I want you to cover your ears and sing as loud as you can to drown it out. If he's going to do something other than that that won't interrupt Focus Punch, do that; otherwise, Brick Break.

Cover Ears and Sing Loudly / Focus Punch / Brick Break ~ Cover Ears and Sing Loudly / Focus Punch / Brick Break ~ Cover Ears and Sing Loudly / Focus Punch / Brick Break

HARBLE GARBLE I AM LOSING. Roosevelt, do it like we know. That bastard will not see the light of day. Dig down, then Dig back up, then Protect.

Dig (down)~Dig (up)~Protect

10vs10 single

Pre-Round

Both trainers gave their orders rather quickly, and then stared at the ref. Taking his time, the ref eventually signaled for the round to begin.

1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

anmosj.jpg

The Youth of Today (M)
Health: 36%
Energy: 61%
Status: This seems a lot easier all of a sudden. Has a substitute with 9% health left. +1 Attack, +1 Special Attack
Commands: Cover Ears and Sing Loudly / Focus Punch / Brick Break ~ Cover Ears and Sing Loudly / Focus Punch / Brick Break ~ Cover Ears and Sing Loudly / Focus Punch / Brick Break

I liek Squirtles Team
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

teddiursa.png

Roosevelt (M)
Health: 25%
Energy: 66%
Status: Already running low on power. +1 attack, +1 accuracy
Commands: Dig (down)~Dig (up)~Protect

Round 3 Begins!

Youth began to tighten his focus the moment the round was signaled to begin. His fist glowing bright white, he focused all of his power into it. After a few seconds of this, he lunged out from behind his substitute to hit Roosevelt-and simply punched the ground. Confused, he looked around before he saw a hole in the ground. Apparently, Roosevelt had saw him charging up his punch and decided that it would be best if he absconded by digging. Greatly annoyed by this, Youth trudged off to be near his substitute.

Meanwhile, Roosevelt was digging right beneath Youth, waiting for the perfect moment. After a few seconds, Roosevelt rapidly dug straight up and came smashing out of the ground, hitting what he believed to be Youth. He was shocked, however, when he saw it was simply his substitute, which was destroyed upon impact. Looking around for his opponent, he never saw the punch that would knock him out coming. Hit by the focus punch right in a soft spot, he was blown forward a few feet before stopping, with swirls for eyes. The ref, noticing this, declared the round over, while ILS recalled his pokemon and contemplated his next choice. Of course, at this point the servers came out and gave Youth a plate of Salad, which he graciously ate up. It restored his strength somewhat, making him more confident to face his next opponent.

End of Round 3!

1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

anmosj.jpg

The Youth of Today (M)
Health: 41%
Energy: 47%
Commands: Focus Punch~Focus Punch

I liek Squirtles Team
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

teddiursa.png

Roosevelt (M)
Health: 0%
Energy: 58%
Commands: Dig (down)~Dig (up)

Damage/Energy Calcs:

Dig(down): 4% energy
Focus Punch: 7% energy(missed)
Dig(up): 10% damage, 4% energy
Focus Punch: 37% damage, 7% energy(critical hit)
Fruit Salad: +5% health

Notes:

-Holy Arceus, that last Focus Punch was way overkill
-I ref dig as taking half of the total energy to dig down and half of the total energy to dig up
-Youth got fruit salad, so his health was restored by 5%

Next Round:

-I liek Squirtles sends out and attacks
-I ref

Last edited:
Okay, Marty, you're up. Start with a 5 clone Double team, then a 20% sub, unless you're Taunted in which case Shock Wave. Finally, Thunderbolt.

Double Team (5 clones)~20% sub/Shock Wave~Thunderbolt.

Faint Attack, distrupt that Double Team. Should work since this is a new opponent. Then Focus Punch to take out the Substitute, and finally Dig for damage and dodging.
Faint Attack ~ Focus Punch ~ Dig

Last edited:
10vs10 single

Pre-Round

ILS recalled his Pokémon, poker-faced. He sure wouldn’t let this mere hitch scare him; it was only the beginning. He searched in his pocket for his next Pokémon, and finally found it – a black and yellow Ultra Ball, shining under the lights of the chandeliers. The customers were curiously staring at the device, wondering what kind of mythic creature would come out this time. We could hear the grumbles of some waitresses annoyed by the lack of attention of the customers.

Finally, the man who loved the turtles rolled his Ultra Ball in front of the growingly impatient Youth of Today, and the machine cracked open in a burst of white light. Out zapped a Pokémon with a horse-like shape, with a sparkling mane that seemed like made out of pure electric energy. The Blitzle stared in surprise at the assembly, and he lowered his head in discomfort. Remembering why he was here, though, he proudly raised it again and gravely gazed at Youth, however the latter wasn’t very impressed, still proudly keeping his derp face.

Both battlers were staring at each other, silent, Youth calm and cold-blooded, oblivious to his wounds, and Marty nervously twitching, impatiently waiting for the round to open. The trainers looked around. The referee was nowhere to be seen. The Blitzle grumbled in annoyance; would that battle ever begin? The trainers started looking around for him, shouting his name in a growingly grumpy voice. Finally, a response was heard:

“I’M IN THE BAAAAATHROOOOOM!!!”

We could guess it would take a long time by just hearing the voice tone. Squornshellous Beta sighed loudly, and it was her turn to search in her purse for her Poké-gear. Once the device was found in the tremendous mess of her bag, she quickly composed the well-known number of the ASB League, making a quick mention of an “unspecified something”. Three minutes fourteen seconds later, Lord of the Fireflies was waving his referee flag, signaling the battle could continue.

Team Jelly
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

anmosj.jpg

The Youth of Today – male
<Shed Skin>
Health: 41%
Energy: 47%

Team Squirtles
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Blitzle
Marty – male
<Lightningrod>
Status: "What a weird creature." Eyeing nervously at his opponent.

Round IV Start

All that waiting had pushed Marty to the edge of a burnout. The round had finally begun, and it was the time to move! In a split second, she disappeared before everyone’s eye, and Youth gasped in astonishment. Soon, though, the electric zebra reappeared, zigzagging around the startled lizard at an insane pace. Suddenly, a second Marty appeared in a flash, altogether describing erratic circles around Youth. The two Blitzle kept on running like there was no tomorrow, and a second clone appeared, then another. When the mad run finally stopped, six electric zebras were encircling the poor Scraggy.

Although he was a bit intimidated, Youth knew he had just the right counterattack in his arsenal. He took a moment to engulf is left fist in dark-type energy (yes, Squorn, your Scraggy is left-handed) and suddenly, and in a weirdly similar way to his opponent, disappeared noiselessly. Marty looked at the spot were Youth was standing in astonishment, and gave a quick look around – he couldn’t be very far. Before he could even make an attempt at finding his foe, the Scraggy immerged out of nowhere – out of many different nowheres, actually. Vaguely Youth of Today-shaped shadows (six, to be precise) burst out of the floor and ceiling, and jumped forward the zebra circle, each of them delivering a light punch on a precise target. Five of the clones vanished in mid-air, soon followed by their designated Scraggy shadow. One of them, however, remained perfectly solid and took the hit right behind the head, knocking him on the floor. The dark cloak covering Youth of Today shimmered and faded, revealing his usual colors and a sadistic grin. Without waiting for his foe to get up, he closed his eyes and focused on his next attack, clenching his left fist (I really mean it Squorn). His hand began to glow red.

Meanwhile, Marty was feeling quite grumpy. No more illusions for him. Instead, he focused on creating a real, solid decoy. He looked around restlessly for something suitable, and finally noticed the DJ, with his incredible arsenal of wires. He had a full box of them! At light speed, Marty rushed to him and stole his wire box without him noticing, and through clever manipulation of them sculpted a quite good-looking decoy. Finally, he insufflated a good deal of life energy in it, and the golem sprung to life, his wiry mane sparkling.

By the time Marty was done with his substitute, Youth’s fist had grown to double in size, engulfed in a now fierier-than-ever red. In fact, his entire body was radiating a tonic red aura, and one could feel the air was warmer around him. Finally, he opened his eyes and stared at Marty, who gulped in fear. Youth took a huge breath, and ran to him, swinging his fist like a hammer. Of course, the decoy jumped in the way. With a last heavy swing, Scraggy threw his fist in the direction of the substitute. Upon impact, a loud “KLAC” echoed in the restaurant, and the wire zebra exploded instantly in a burst of red light as if it had been a spaghetti ball, spraying red and blue wires all over the place – including the customers’ plates. Marty couldn’t do anything but watch the horrifying scene silently. He shed a tear that time.

He quickly recovered, though. Because, you know, everything he did he did it quickly. The battle was far from over, and he was eager to put some hurt on that godly lizard, and he was good at that! His mane started to crackle violently, shedding sparks on the floor and nearly putting the purple carpet on fire. He launched a large jolt of electricity, which rushed to Youth like a javelin. He tried to dive in the ground to escape, but the marble floor offered no soft spot, and the thunderbolt ended up striking him right on the chest, sending him sprawling on the ground, shivering. By that moment, he noticed a large crack in the floor that an employee had clumsily tried to hide under a carpet. Youth took the opportunity without hesitating, diving into it. A few moments later, he erupted under the unsuspecting Marty and slammed him with an uppercut. Surely, the owner, wouldn't be too satisfied.

Youth was, though.

Round IV End

Team Jelly
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

anmosj.jpg

The Youth of Today – male
<Shed Skin>
Health: 30%
Energy: 26%
Status: “Shocking.” Covered with dark marks, but bravely standing up. (+1 attack, +1 special attack)

Team Squirtles
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Blitzle
Marty – male
<Lightningrod>
Health: 57%
Energy: 76%

Damage and Energy Calculations

Double Team (five clones) – 8% energy
Faint Attack – 9% damage, 5% energy
Substitute – 20% health, 10 % energy
Focus Punch – 20% damage, 8% energy
Thunderbolt – 11% damage, 6% energy
Dig – 14% damage, 8% energy

Notes:

- That was actually quite pleasant to write :D
- Focus Punch did just enough damage to break the substitute.

Arena Notes:

- Nothing really, except for the customers that have gone wild.

Next Round:

- Squornshellous Beta orders first.

EDIT: Okay it looks like I had issues with the formatting, I'll fix that.
EDIT2: Fix'd. Still trying to find a way to make the Poké Ball icons look good, though.

Last edited:
*cough*Dig was used the previous round successfully*cough*

And I'll take over for the next round of reffing, since I have managed to sort out(for lack of a better phrase) the crap in my life.

Back
Top Bottom