• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I Liek Squirtles vs. Blastoise Fortooate

Superbird

Fire emblem is great
4vs4 single
Style: Set, except moves and items that force switching.
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: None.
Arena: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mega Mix

In the first round this looks like a normal arena, white all over, four walls. But at the end of each round the arena changes into a fighter's homeland! It changes into one of the following:

Mushroom Kingdom:
Mario's homeland. Each time this arena appears, there is a 10% chance Bowser breathes flames on a random battler, which deals 5% fire damage.

Dream Star:
Kirby's homeland. Each time this arena appears, there is a 10% chance Kirby crash-lands on a battler, dealing 5% non-type damage, but will then feel sorry for the injured and will restore 5% energy.

Hyrule:
Link's homeland. Each time this arena appears, there is a 10% Ganondorf will appear and deal 5% dark type damage to a battler.

Kanto:
We're here! The first home of Pokemon, all moves gain 1% damage after everything else is applied and there is a 10% chance each time this arena appears Nurse Joy will appear and restore 10% health to each Pokemon.

Note: Each arena (except the first one) stays in play for 2 rounds, and they all cycle in the order seen here (except the first).

Squirtles's Active Squadron
[Mr. Turtle] Squirtle (M) <Torrent> @ Wacan Berry
[Cave Canem] Growlithe (M) <Flash Fire>
[Cuckoo] Hoothoot (M) <Insomnia>
[Roosevelt] Teddiursa (M) <Quick Feet>
[Marty] Blitzle (M) <Lightningrod>
[Lupus Rex] Poochyena (M) <Quick Feet>
[Sand Man] Drilbur (M) <Sand Force>
[Shifu] Cacnea (M) <Sand Veil>
[Baskin Robbins] Vanillite (M) <Ice Body>
[Luke Skywalker] Elgyem (M) <Synchronize>

Blastoise's Active Squadron
[Blaise] Squirtle (M) <Torrent> @ Expert Belt
[Mort] Gastly (M) <Levitate> @ Nevermeltice
[The Great Kyle] Abra (M) <Synchronize>
[Kitten Gin] Hoppip (F) <Chlorophyll>
[Enojada] Phanpy (F) <Pickup>
[Bépya] Bulbasaur (M) <Overgrow> @ Miracle Seed
[Lightyear] Yanma (F) <Speed Boost>
[Panpan] Aipom (M) <Run Away>
[Silkwing] Sewaddle (F) <Chlorophyll> @ Enigma Berry
[Curare] Croagunk (F) <Anticipation> @ Reaper Cloth

To start things off...
•I Liek Squirtles sends out
•Blastoise sends out and orders commands
•I Liek Squirtles orders commands
•I ref

Now, let's get this party started!

Why didn't I post this when it got done

4vs4 single
Style: Set, except moves and items that force switching.
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: None.
Arena: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mega Mix

In the first round this looks like a normal arena, white all over, four walls. But at the end of each round the arena changes into a fighter's homeland! It changes into one of the following:

Mushroom Kingdom:
Mario's homeland. Each time this arena appears, there is a 10% chance Bowser breathes flames on a random battler, which deals 5% fire damage.

Dream Star:
Kirby's homeland. Each time this arena appears, there is a 10% chance Kirby crash-lands on a battler, dealing 5% non-type damage, but will then feel sorry for the injured and will restore 5% energy.

Hyrule:
Link's homeland. Each time this arena appears, there is a 10% Ganondorf will appear and deal 5% dark type damage to a battler.

Kanto:
We're here! The first home of Pokemon, all moves gain 1% damage after everything else is applied and there is a 10% chance each time this arena appears Nurse Joy will appear and restore 10% health to each Pokemon.

Note: Each arena (except the first one) stays in play for 2 rounds, and they all cycle in the order seen here (except the first).

First, there was nothing. Then, there was a Superbird with a Wii remote and Numchuck wondering how the **** he got here. Looking around, the referee sees a completely white room, much like the Anomalies except with visible walls. Eh, whatever. It’ll probably change it up soon enough.

…And soon, both of the battlers appear on the scene, right next to each other floating about five meters up on small levitating platforms. After a few seconds the platforms disappear and the trainers fall to the ground, moving to opposite side of the room. I Like Squirtles begins the Pokéball throwing, mumbling something about Star Wars as he tosses a Dusk Ball out into the arena. As it bursts into a LGM*, Blastoise Fortooate tosses out his own Pokéball, which releases a happy purple monkey. As soon as the referee locates his flags, the battle begins!

Round One Begin!

Team Squirtle OOOO
elgyem
[Luke Skywalker] Elgyem (M)
Ability: Synchronize
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Floating, looking around curiously.

Team Blastoise OOOO
aipom
[Panpan] Aipom (M)
Ability: Run Away
Energy: 100%
Condition: Suspending itself with its tail.

As soon as the battle begins, Panpan hops off of its tail and holds it out in front of him. Concentrating, he makes a tiny dark sphere appear in his palm, breathing more energy into it until it becomes as big as a human head. Then, he tosses it up, and bats it into his opponent. Luke Skywalker flinghes a little from the attack, but refuses to give in. Instead, he sacrifices its life energy to create a little green-and-white dinosaur doll, which appears in front of its new master ready to protect him from danger.

This does nothing to stop Panpan’s motions, though. The Aipom barely notices the Substitute as he charges up another Shadow Ball. Again, as soon as it’s ready he uses his tail to launch it at his opponent. However, this time things turn out a little differently than last time. Instead of Luke taking the attack, he motions to the little green dinosaur he just created. Sure enough, the little Substitute lunges in front of the attack and absorbs it, though it disintegrates in the process.

However, the little dinosaur’s sacrifice is not in vain! Luke spends the time it bought chanting some curses. A moment later, the room appears pinkish for a second, with a strange flowing grid on the walls and floor. Panpan suddenly finds that he can’t think as quickly now, while Luke finds quite the opposite. However, the Elgyem isn’t done yet. It begins to glow with another pink light as the grids on the room disappear, and points both its arms at Panpan. Almost immediately, four little circles find themselves wrapped around the little Aipom’s body, preventing him from repeating his opponent's actions.

But that still isn’t the end! As soon as Panpan is finished making another Shadow Ball and tossing it at his opponent, the large white room fades away to reveal a large green plain with floating boxes all over the place. Superbird hits one, and out comes a strange flower. As he examines it, the thing lets out a blast of fire, burning his face.

Round One End!

Team Squirtle OOOO
elgyem
[Luke Skywalker] Elgyem (M)
Ability: Synchronize
Health: 66%
Energy: 84%
Condition: Floating, looking around curiously.

Team Blastoise OOOO
aipom
[Panpan] Aipom (M)
Ability: Run Away
Energy: 82%
Condition: Suspending itself with its tail.
Status: Substitute and Trick Room disabled (8 more actions).​

Arena Notes:
•The arena is now the Mushroom Kingdom.
•Trick Room is in effect (4 more actions)

Damage and Energy calculations:
•Shadow Ball: 12% damage, 6% energy
•Substitute: -10% health, 5% energy
•Trick Room: 6% energy
•Imprison: 5% energy

Notes:
•Sorry, Squirtles, it doesn’t look like it’s possible to combo Substitute and Trick Room, so they were instead executed separately.
Because of Imprison, Panpan couldn’t use Shadow Ball on the third action.

Next Round:
•Squirtles orders commands
•Blastoise orders commands
•I ref

Last edited:
No biggie, Superbird.

Amazing job! Just as planned. Hypnosis, if you can't Double Team (3 clones). If Hypnosis landed, Dream Eater, if it didn't then Hypnosis. Finish with a Thunder Wave, or Hypnosis if the ones before didn't hit.

Hypnosis/Double Team (3 clones)~Dream Eater/Hypnosis~Thunder Wave/Hypnosis

Imprison doesn't work that way in ASB.

Imprison - Psychic 100%
Target: Multiple
Class: Special
Contest Type: -Condition
Contest Score: +30, X

The user casts a binding spell on the moves that it has used thus far in battle, locking them down and preventing all opponents from using them for the next three rounds.

Oh, IT has used. Ah, my bad, I misread that. Lemme fix it real' quick. Squirtles, feel free to revise your commands.

Well I forgot about this. Well, I guess so. Damn, and this was gonna be such a fun battle, too...Anyway, Squirtles gets $8, I get $5. Luke Skywalker and Panpan each get 1 EXP.

Back
Top Bottom