• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mai VS Windyragon

Coloursfall

THIS IS HOW WE BLEED
1vs1 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 56%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Perish Song, 3 chills per Pokemon
Arena: Pokemon Stadium

A simple stadium with a hard packed dirt floor and a large pool of water forming a moat around it. The dirt only goes about three feet down before it hits concrete. The roof has been retracted for flying Pokemon, and it's slightly cloudy (treated as neutral weather). People sit in the bleachers around the stadium, waiting for a battle to begin.

Other: Pokemon choices are to be PM'd to the referee, as well as five moves from its movepool to form a moveset. Only the five chosen moves can be used during the battle. Chills don't count towards this five move limit. The movesets should be kept secret from the other player!​

Squads:

Mai:
[Ma'at] Female Ralts <Trace> @ Petaya Berry
[Viserys] Male Snivy <Contrary> @ Jaboca Berry
[Rebecca] Female Zigzagoon <Pickup>
[Mafia Schizo] Male Bonsly <Sturdy> @ Amulet Coin
[Nymeria] Female Poochyena <Quick Feet>
[Visser Three] Male Slugma <Flame Body>
[Dogtier] Female Riolu <Steadfast> @ Wise Glasses
[Malice] Female Shuppet <Insomnia>
[Rigged Reffing (Daenerys)] Female Trapinch <Arena Trap> @ Big Root
[Lady Lysa] Female Swablu <Natural Cure> @ Leftovers

Windyragon:
[Ashglade] Male Togetic <Serene Grace> @ Shiny Stone
[Taggerung] Male Buizel <Swift Swim>
[Eos] Female Luxio <Intimidate> @ Eviolite
--Body Modification: Second Nature
[Janchovii] Male Snivy <Overgrow>
[Vuvuzuru] Female Scraggy <Shed Skin>
[Indigo] Male Litwick <Flash Fire> @ Dusk Stone
[Java] Female Sentret
[Grey Wind] Male Poochyena <Quick Feet>

The Coin Decrees:

1. Mai + Windy send via PM
2. Pokemon are revealed
3. Mai Attacks
4. Windyragon Attacks
5. Reffing!

Sends are in!

Mai chooses:
---
Ani438MS.png

Windyragon chooses:
---
Ani161MS.png
[Java] Female Sentret <Run Away>

It's Mai's attack! Good luck!

I was a total derp and now one of our moves is useless, but whatever. We get extra money out of this anyway!

Curse twice, then use rock slide. If Java protects on the last action use curse again, and if you're taunted use rock slide.

Curse/Rock slide~ Curse/Rock slide~ Rock slide/Curse

Whoops maybe even with my mistake and your horrible awful movepool we can still have some fun with this. It's not like we have to win the battle or anything.

Well somehow you're faster than him, Java! Base 20 > base 10 speed hahaha wow okay. In any case! Just Mud-Slap him, and then Ice Beam twice. Let's hope he misses with that Rock Slide!

Mud-Slap~Ice Beam~Ice Beam

Pre-Round

1vs1 Single

A simple stadium with a hard packed dirt floor and a large pool of water forming a moat around it. The dirt only goes about three feet down before it hits concrete. The roof has been retracted for flying Pokemon, and it's slightly cloudy (treated as neutral weather). People sit in the bleachers around the stadium, waiting for a battle to begin.

Other: Pokemon choices are to be PM'd to the referee, as well as five moves from its movepool to form a moveset. Only the five chosen moves can be used during the battle. Chills don't count towards this five move limit. The movesets should be kept secret from the other player!

Mai:
Ani438MS.png

Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Curse/Rock Slide ~ Curse/Rock Slide ~ Rock Slide/Curse

Windyragon:

Ani161MS.png

Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Mud-Slap ~ Ice Beam ~ Ice Beam

---

There is a bit of a delay waiting for the ref to arrive, but he soon does, holding out the two flags, red for Mai and blue for Windyragon, to signal the start of the round.

Java, twitching slightly, make the first move, her kittle paws scrabbling on the dirt of loosen some of it up, before spitting a few times in the resulting pile, much to Schizo’s disgust. It gets even worse for the poor Bonsley when Java gathers up the wet little pile and runs at him, tossing the mixture into his face. The rock type squeals and tries to escape, but no luck – the spit-and-dirt mixture spatters right in his eyes.

He flops onto his rear and wriggles his head a bit, but to no luck – it’s stuck in there pretty good. So he takes his chance, shutting his stinging eyes and reciting a pact to an ancient power. The power answers with a nearly-invisible swirl of ghostly energy, making Java blink in confusion. What was he doing? The Bonsley doesn’t seem to notice the visual effect, and instead feels his body get more sluggish, but also stronger, more sturdy.

Java puzzles at his quietness for another moment before moving to all fours to steady herself for the powerful attack she intends to use next. The cold energy gathering in her throat surprises her a bit, but she opens her mouth wide, letting the icy energy rocket through the air, leaving behind a haze of chill mist, before impacting powerfully with Schizo, chilling his rocky body to the core and making him shudder. Java smirks, looking pleased with herself, and watches Schizo carefully.

But still he doesn’t move, making the normal-type frown, not knowing that again, the bonsley is asking for more power from the ancient ghost, his body now slow as molasses, but getting more and more powerful. He finally opens his still-clouded eyes and smirks. If only she knew…

But Java doesn’t know, or even seem to care, starting to get more encouraged that the battle is going her way. This time, she hops up onto her tail to get a better shot at the top of Schizo’s head, and fires off another chill beam, the icy energy striking the rock-type’s head square on and making him nearly fall onto his back. But he stands, shivering, and glares at the offending sentret as best he can with eyes full of spit and dirt.

Despite finding it hard to see, he gathers up the rocky power inside him to call boulders to the surface. It takes a bit of effort, but a few chunks of concrete tear free in the ground and rumble to the surface, hovering in midair for a moment before tumbling down in Java’s direction. The sentret squeals and tries to run, but a few of the concrete rocks strike her body painfully, though she manages to avoid being piled on.

---

Mai:
Ani438MS.png

Health: 75%
Energy: 88%
Curse ~ Curse ~ Rock Slide

Windyragon:
Ani161MS.png

Health: 94%
Energy: 86%

Arena Status:
There are a few holes in the dirt now, and missing bits of concrete under them, as well as a smallish pile of concrete rocks a little bit off of the centre of the field.

Notes:
-Rock Slide did a bit less damage and cost a tiny bit more energy to use due to the difficulty of getting the concrete, but subsequent ones will not have the penalty once there are more rocks aboveground.
-Dragon attacks first next round​

Alright, this is going decently so far I suppose! Same orders as last round, then. Casually ignore that Defense boost ahahaha.

Mud-Slap~Ice Beam~Ice Beam

Okay!

Close your eyes at the mud slap; it may or may not hurt but if your eyes are closed then no accuracy drop right. While you're doing that, curse up again and get nice statboosts. And then rock slide twice just because.

Curse (eyes closed)~ Rock slide~ Rock slide

And also. Try to blink a bit or something; maybe that'll help? I don't even know.

I am a complete failure oops.

Pre-Round

1vs1 Single

Other: Pokemon choices are to be PM'd to the referee, as well as five moves from its movepool to form a moveset. Only the five chosen moves can be used during the battle. Chills don't count towards this five move limit. The movesets should be kept secret from the other player!

Mai:
Ani438MS.png

Health: 75%
Energy: 88%
Curse (eyes closed) ~ Rock Slide ~ Rock Slide

Windyragon:
Ani161MS.png

Health: 94%
Energy: 86%

---

When the round begins, Schizo squeezes his eyes shut as soon as he can, but nothing can stop the spatter of slight sting of the mud on his face, as the saliva and dirt worming its way under his eyelids. The Bonsly whimpers a bit, oblivious to Java's grinning at the apparent effect of her attack. But she too is oblivious to Schizo's plotting, making a deal with the ancient being again, cutting his speed for even more power, now bursting with bulk.

Java reacts by opening her mouth and spraying yet another beam of cold, frigid blue-white energy arcing across the arena, splashing again Schizo's body with a sparkling burst of icy pain, making him screech out and squirm, blinking and growling as he staggers around the arena. She'll get hers, he thinks, and it will be soon... He glowers in her general direction, concentrating on the pile of concrete chunks, making them levitate for a moment, before tumbling down. Java squeals, trying to escape, but a number of heavy, painful rocks crush her body.

She manages to escape enough to send another splash of ice ricocheting off of the rocks and crashing into Schizo's face. He yowls and staggers back, trying to fling more rocks at Java again, though they fly wildly off and crash into the packed dirt with loud whumps. The Bonsly plops down onto his rear, sulking, as Java giggles, perched on the rock pile.

---

Mai:
Ani438MS.png

Health: 50%
Energy: 75%
Curse (eyes closed) ~ Rock Slide ~ Rock Slide [Miss]
Status: “Aww dang...” Aching, stiff, and annoyed. -3 Speed, +3 Attack, +3 Defence, -2 Accuracy

Windyragon:
Ani161MS.png

Health: 83%
Energy: 72%

Arena Status:
There are a few holes in the dirt now, and missing bits of concrete under them, as well as a smallish pile of concrete rocks a little bit off of the centre of the field. A few more scattered around. The pile as a few rocks that are slippery with ice.

Notes:
-I did a 50/50 roll to see if Mud Slap would reduce accuracy, and got a (very close) positive result.
-Mai attacks first next round​

Last edited:
Ice Beam does 12%; Rock Slide was...supposed to do 11%. I think my math is a bit off, let me check really quick.

ETA: Okay so Schizo's seems to be correct; 12 + 12 + 1 = 25, 75 - 25 = 50 for his final health.

Seems i got rock slide off for damage, whoops. I think i input its accuracy instead of base power into calc; I'll fix it ASAP!

ETA2: Done.

... We're going to lose this one, Schizo. (Or, Lucas. Your name is Lucas now.) It's not the worst thing in the world, I suppose. Just try not to miss and make this a total failure, will you? I know there's really no other option here, so don't look at me with how unproductive this is.

Rock slide three times. Flinching would be great right now. Buuut, don't wait to find out on this because it would happen before you move, if you see something shielding Java curse. Also do this if you plain can't pull off a rock slide. Try to move first if you can.

Rock slide/Curse~ Rock slide/Curse~ Rock slide/Curse

Good game, Dragon!

The accuracy of focus blast D: *RNG God Shrine x3*

-2 Accuracy isn't BS enough, Java! Let's just go all the way. But not really. That would be a waste of time probably. Uh, do your best to outspeed that base 10 speed Bonsly with -3 speed, though!

It'd be cool if you could run around a lot and confuse the fuck out of Lucas, if you can. Move around silently as you can, so he has no idea where you are and just.. spews rocks everywhere I guess?

Ice Beam x3

2015 Zhorken EDIT: 1 exp/happiness for each Pokémon; $4 for each trainer; $2 for Coloursfall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom