• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

DarkAura vs. Wargle

Mai

Banned
6 vs 6 single battle. (two trainers with 6 pokemon)
DQ; 3 days
Style; set
Damage Cap; 40%
Banned moves; weather moves, charging moves, OH KO moves.
Arena; Simple Butte

A scenic little butte, home to almost no Pokemon. A perfect place for a Pokemon battle.

A butte is basicly a piece of land that is narrow and goes up from the ground in a steep incline. Picture the top half of a cylinder sprouted from the ground. Since the Butte is so steep, a large fence has been put all around it to keep anyone from falling off.

There is nothing special about this Butte. Everything is simple! However, the Referee has a choice to make it interesting. The ref can do anything to the bare patch of land! This is a choice though, they dont have to.

Rules; Only the ref has a choice to remodel the arena. the trainers cannot.

DarkAura's Squad

Xena the Female Charmander
Ability: Blaze

Artemis the Female Tirtouga
Ability: Sturdy

God the Female Gyarados
Ability: Intimidate
Experience: Three

Dementia the Female Ralts
Ability: Synchronize

Api Lahir the Female Litwick
Ability: Flash Fire

MooMoo the Female Miltank
Ability: Scrappy

---

Wargle's Squad

Ferno the Male Charmander
Experience: One

Cybin the Female Shroomish
Ability: Poison Heal
Item: Toxic Orb
Experience: Two

Kazza the Male Abra
Ability: Synchronize
Item: Lucky Egg

Stamford the Unknown Bronzor
Ability: Levitate
Move Modification: Gravitational Tear
Experience: Two

Washibon the Male Rufflet
Ability: Keen Eye
Item: Eviolite

Caimanly the Male Sandile
Ability: Intimidate

Martimur the Male Cubchoo
Ability: Snow Cloak

Kosciuszko the Male Wyrmarble
Ability: Rough Skin
Experience: Three

Scraggy the Male Scraggy
Ability: Moxie
Body Modification: Badassery

Zona the Female Solosis
Ability: Magic Guard
Item: Twistedspoon

---

Wargle sends out, then DarkAura sends out and attacks, and then Wargle attacks. Afterwards I ref.

(I've also decided to switch to Negrek's scale for damage and energy purely because it has a shiny calculator now, in case you're wondering how I'm going to do things. For more things that aren't directly covered in that I'm going to use Kratos' scale, and if there are contradictions I'll go with Negrek's.)

Last edited:
Holy shit I have a battle? I swear to god I only vaguely remember signing up for this Mai did you use Rophynol on me again?

Look at all the Pokemon this battle will evolve. Oh dear, with whim shall I lead. This is now an EXP based system, so Let's lead with Cybin

I got it reffed for my birthday. =) Thanks so mcuh for reffing this Mai!

Hmm, Xena would be best. So go Xena!

Start with a double team with about five clones. Then a sunny day. Then use Heat wave. If Shroomish fires a Solar beam, dig underground to dodge it.

Double Team~Sunny Day~Heat wave/Dig (Dodge attack)

Kekekeke....

Snatch Double team. The commands state Xena is only to use Sunny Day second Action, but weather moves are banned. Tisk Tisk. By this time you'll be poisoned severely, so use facade. You'll be poisoned, but getting health. Share some love with Toxic. If you don't think you can hit it with Toxic, use Seed Bomb.

Snatch ~ Facade ~ Toxic/Seed Bomb

Charging move is Solarbea-....son of a fucking bithc, I should have read my arena before posting my moves. Anyway, charging moves are moves that need an action to charge =, then attack the next action, like skull bash. A move like Hyper beam needs to recharge not charge. Basically, its a move that needs a turn to charge before attacking.

And, if at any situation there is a move that makes the charging move ttack in one it, that move may be used. So, if Shroomish were to use Solarbeam after Sunnyday, it would be eligable to use. (I'm not gonna be unfair to the other person)

Most charging moves can be used in one action, but at lower priority, so how is that rule even needed?

Team Wargle
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Shroomish Cybin (F)
Ability: Poison heal
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Item: Toxic orb
Commands: Snatch ~ Facade ~ Toxic/Seed Bomb

Team DarkAura
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Charmander Xena (F)
Energy: 100%
Item: None
Commands: Double Team~ Sunny Day~ Heat wave/Dig (Dodge attack)

While many people would normally cringe at the sight of a mini mushroom thrown in combat against a fire-breathing dragon (to be), Wargle was more than a bit cheerful as she issued commands. Cackling in an odd way that only a bird could manage, she flapped her wings and pointed at Xena emphatically, jeering out commands in an high-pitched way only her pokemon understood. Cybin, feeling more than a bit mischievious and uplifted by her orders, wordlessly began to focus on bringing out the shadows. A network of dark threads began to make its way around the battlefield, and began to make its way towards Xena. The charmander, a bit confused but otherwise grinning, began to make her lap around the terrain as if nothing had happened--after all, she was a fire type and Cybin was a planty thing and this would be an easy match, there was no reason to freak out and focus on her opponent. Illusionary clones began to appear around her as she jogged, and she when she figured enough was enough she skidded to a halt. She began to laugh at Cybin, slowly but with complete determination; let's just try to see her hit her superior now! Slowly her face melted into a look of horror as her copies melted, defenseless, into the ground. Three of them reappeared next to Cybin, and all four of the indistinguishable fungi began to smirk. The purplish sphere one carried (and the rest faked having) on her head began to to take effect, as well; it was relatively unnoticeable at the moment, but Cybin realized happily that it would help her out later.

Xena, while left irritated and unappreciated of flora in general, was far from ready to give up. Maybe with a little bit of sunshine, the roasting would go easier! She became giddy with the prospect, already thinking of the taste of charred mushroom. She became to shriek, and--

No! Wait! This wasn't how it was supposed to go! Indignant, Mai interfered immediately at the sight of the pending sunshine. The local castform said it was going to be cloudy, damn it, and cloudy it would be. Ugh. With a wave of her hand, she set the sun's image far away from the battle; a glare at Xena hopefully stated her intentions of not regretting her wardrobe. Xena was a bit uncertain at first, chirping about here comes the sun, doodoodoodoo~, wait why isn't the sun coming? and other things, but Cybin was more susceptible to the referee's powers; with prodding by both her trainer and the referee, she obediently ran over, tackled every part of Xena that wasn't covered in flame, and gripped her orb as tightly as she could so she could bash in the charmander's face without losing hold. Executing the move was a bit difficult, especially with the clones in the way making useless blows, but as she stepped back Cybin saw her foe was sufficiently roughed up.

At least in the physical way. Xena's circulatory system was way too healthy, and that needed to be changed. Immediately. Gurgling up the best concoction of poisons she could muster (not too shabby, she would think, considering what was currently flowing around her system), Cybin spat out a toxic goop right on the worst bruises and cuts she had managed to inflict. The violet seeping into orange seemed to clash with her hopes. The toxic felt so nice, why couldn't it be on her? The nagging feeling that she was giving up her best asset didn't leave, even though she was perfectly aware the toxic would actually do harm to a fire-lizard; the stressed and slightly panicked look Xena had only confirmed that. Stressed, she began to heat up and flare out in a futile attempt to do something useful--this fell apart, however, when it instead consumed one of the few false copies Cybin had stolen previously.

Xena was beginning to hate mushrooms.

Team Wargle
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Shroomish Cybin (F)
Ability: Poison heal
Energy: 87%
Status: Hey, lookit! Fire types aren't scary! Toxic poisoned (+2% per round), two double team clones.
Item: Toxic orb
Commands: Snatch ~ Facade ~ Toxic

Team DarkAura
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Charmander Xena (F)
Health: 89%
Energy: 95%
Status: Extremely disappointed. Toxic poisoned (1% this round, 2% next).
Item: None
Commands: Double team~ Sunny day~ Heat wave

Notes:

Actually, I'm using Rophynol on all of you. It's why you haven't complained.

From the AAG, it sounds like facade is pretty much a slightly modified frustration, and Cybin was feeling pretty cheerful on the second action; I docked two points of damage and reduced the energy cost by three because of that.

Okay, so I wrote a good part of this while the server was down. Apparently that's not how snatch works, but it's an acceptable deviance, right?

Wargle first!

Calculations:

-- Snatch - worked = 0% damage, 4% energy, no accuracy/crit roll (cannot miss; does no damage).
Double team - snatched = 0% damage, 0% energy, no accuracy/crit roll (snatched).
Sunny day - failed = 0% damage, 0% energy, no accuracy/crit roll (banned).
-- Facade - hit = 11% damage, 5% energy, no accuracy roll (cannot miss). Crit roll 67, needed 5 or under to activate.
-- Toxic - hit = 0% damage, 4% energy, accuracy roll 44 (needed 90 or above to miss). No crit roll, does no damage.
Heat wave - missed = 0% damage, 5% energy, original accuracy roll 19 (needed 90 or above to hit normally). Clone accuracy roll 56, needed 75 or above to hit.

On a smartphone, so this is difficult.

Hmmmm, I'm like return, so use that, or frustration, depending on your mood. Next, I would love it if you could channel the toxic orb and use sludge bombif you could pull it off, but if something is stopping you from hitting the salamander, use a nice chill to fix you up. that's an order so nice could you use it twice?

return/frustration ~ sludge bomb/chill X2

Xena, use dig to dodge the Return/Frustration. Then, on the second turn, use Dig to actually hit it. Then try again for a Heat Wave.

Dig (Dodge attack)~Dig (Attack)~Heat Wave

2015 Zhorken edit: 1 exp to each Pokémon, $4 to each trainer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom