• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Star69 vs. Munchkin

Skylark

3vs3 triple
DQ: 10 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, suicide moves, direct healing, Dig/Dive/Fly/etc. (any moves that would allow a Pokémon to remain out of range)
Arena: The Chessboard of DOOM

Floating in a giant chasm of nothingness is a giant chessboard, upon which we are to battle. It is a standard 8x8 board with alternating black and white tiles. One player's Pokémon will start on the spaces on the bottom of the diagram, and the other player's Pokémon will start on the top; which trainer becomes which colored team is randomized at the start of battle, as well as the roles of the Pokémon on each team. The chessboard's squares are all automatically adjusted to fit the size of the largest Pokémon participating, and any material required for an attack appears for the purpose of the attack, then disappears.

The White Team's Pokémon will start on spaces A1, D1, and H1. Black Team's Pokémon will start on spaces A8, E8, and H8. The Pokémon that start on spaces A1 and H8 are rooks; starting on D1 and E8 are bishops; starting on H1 and A8 are knights. Each Pokémon can use one action to move one space in any direction (the exception being knights, to be explained in a bit) that is allowed by their role. Rooks move one space straight forward, backward, left or right while bishops move one space diagonally per action. All three actions may end up being taken by moving around.
The exception to that is the knight - knights move in their traditional L-shaped movements, but can only move up to two times per round.
Oh, and each Pokémon gets a hat that symbolizes their role for the duration of the battle. These do nothing ;)

A Pokémon's attacks can target a single Pokémon in any of the surrounding squares. Multi-target moves hit all surrounding squares within a 1-tile range - nothing more, nothing less. If, at any time, all six Pokémon involved are within attack range of at least one opponent, all the Pokémon are instantly teleported to random spaces on the board and the round immediately ends so orders don't get too screwed up. Oh, and the whole chessboard is booby trapped - whenever a Pokémon steps on or passes any other space, there is a 10% chance that they will receive 5% untyped damage in a random, unconventional way. The knights should have fun with that...
If a Pokémon is standing on a space on the edge of the chessboard, and a heavier Pokémon is in an appropriate spot, the heavier Pokémon may use an action to push the lighter Pokémon off the board - the lighter Pokémon spends one action falling before teleporting to a random space on the board with 10% less energy.
(So, if a Cleffa is on A3, anything heavier that's on spaces B2, B3, or B4 can push that poor Cleffa off.)

At the end of each round, there is a 15% chance that either Reshiram, Zekrom, or Kyurem will make an appearance. Reshiram will do 10% Fire-type damage to each Pokémon on the Black team, while Zekrom will do 10% Electric-type damage to each Pokémon on the White team. Kyurem is the nice guy - he gives 10% energy to every single Pokémon on the board.
The hats have HP too! (Yes, I lied earlier about their purposes. Shocker? I think not.) They have 15% each, to be exact. Any move can specifically target a hat, or hats can otherwise be damaged by widespread moves. If any participant's hat is completely destroyed, that Pokémon will take 1% more energy, after all other calculations, to perform any move. Moves such as Fire Spin, Whirlpool, Sand Tomb/etc. will prevent a trapped Pokémon from moving from the space they're on until either all positions are randomized or when the move fizzles out. Trap moves such as Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes/etc. are placed on all squares surrounding the user. These traps disappear after two rounds.

Some clarifications: For the purposes of the booby trap tiles, if a knight moves once in a round, on that action, it has three chances of taking damage. Correct? Regarding moves like spikes, if they surround the user, does that mean that pokemon will be hurt by its own spikes?

Star69's Active Squad:
Turtlez the Female Squirtle
Ability: Torrent
Item: Dawn Stone

Firefox the Female Vulpix
Ability: Flash Fire
Item: Fire Stone

Hellcloud the Male Gastly
Ability: Levitate

Joey the Female Rattata
Ability: Guts
Item: Soothe Bell

Purplemon the Male Nidoranm
Ability: Poison Point
Item: Razor Claw

Superfly the Female Ledyba
Ability: Early Bird

1-Up the Male Shroomish
Ability: Effect Spore
Item: Lum Berry

Tank the Male Shieldon
Ability: Sturdy
Item: Muscle Band

SomeGuy the Unknown Lunatone

Munchkin (Melodic Harmony) 's Active Squad:

Sekitan Iki the Female Charmander
Ability: Blaze

Tsuri Taishi the Female Deerling
Ability: Sap Sipper

Arashi No Shishi the Male Shinx
Ability: Rivalry

Sutekina Kanakirigoe the Female Woobat
Ability: Unaware

Dokusei Tamariba the Female Gastly

Kyohaku-Tekina the Male Nidoranm
Ability: Poison Point

Sora No Dansa the Female Swablu
Ability: Natural Cure

Chishi Ansatsu-Sha the Female Sneasel
Ability: Keen Eye
Item: Razor Claw

Kyofu No Ahiru the Male Psyduck
Ability: Cloud Nine

Ryui-Ryoku the Male Abra
Ability: Synchronize

Munchkin sends out
Star69 sends out
I announce roles and give out party hats
Star69 commands
Munchkin commands

Last edited:
=O Skylark I will love you forever <3

But yeah, you're right about the knights - if they move, they have three chances to possibly step on a booby trap tile. Oh, and as I'm using a flier in this battle (and possibly a levitater using telekinesis or something?), I'd also like to note that such Pokémon are not by any means immune to floor traps. The traps would also effect ghosts, unless they're phased I guess? Not sure how phasing works, though, so yeah =x Regarding the traps, no - a Pokémon is to be immune to its own traps.
And one more thing - since the Pokémon's roles are all to be randomized, I think Star69 should send out, then you announce each participant's role in the battle (what piece each Pokémon is to be), then he should post commands =x

Regardless, I'm sending out Ryui-Ryoku the male Abra, Chishi Ansatsu-Sha the female Sneasel, and Sora No Dansa the female Swablu. They can be referred to as Ryui (with a silent "i"), Chi, and Sora respectively.

It sounded fun :))

Then I guess ghosts might get hit depending on the type of trap.

Another question. Regarding the pokemon may hit pokemon in adjacent squares only, that means pokemon A can't use hyper beam on pokemon B 4 squares away. Correct?

Edit: Just realized it's your birthday. *Magically conjures shiny party hat out of thin air* Happy birthday!

Last edited:
I was thinking about that after Star69 accepted the challenge, actually - how about, special attacks have a limit as to how far they can go? I was thinking two or three square-range, but Star69 will have to come in and agree to the range as well.

Hm, I don't suppose having pokes be able to nail targets at the other side of the board with a Hyper Beam would be very fair. A three-square range sounds fine, though.

So then. I shall send out Firefox, Purplemon, and SomeGuy. Try not to get torn apart too badly, guys.

You're playing white then.
Firefox is the bishop.
Purplemon is the rook.
SomeGuy is the knight.
Silly party hats all around!

Meh. I was planning on posting Munchkin's roles after Star69 commanded but whatever.

Munchkin's playing black.
Sora is the bishop.
Chi is the rook.
Ryui is the knight.

Last edited:
Alright, let's do this!

Firefox, move to E2, then to D3. I'm not sure if moving is supposed to cost any energy, but hopefully it won't be too much. After that, give us a nice big Howl.
E2 ~ D3 ~ Howl

Purplemon. Move to B1 first, so that those meanies on the other team can't push you off. Then move forward to B2. Finish off with a Curse to boost your stats. Except your Speed.
B1 ~ B2 ~ Curse

SomeGuy: Head on over to G3, throw in a quick Calm Mind, and then Chill. Unless something is in your range, in which chase go for a Signal Beam. Though, then again, I'm not sure if ambiguous targeting like that is allowed :c
G3 ~ Calm Mind ~ Chill/Signal Beam

oh god watch me get torn apart and get every status ailment ever

*facepalm*
I knew I'd forgotten something. I guess it should be up to Skylark whether moving takes up energy, and if so, how much.
Oh, and status-inflicting moves - I think some would be able to reach farther than a 1-tile range, but 3 tiles away seems too much for moves like Toxic, especially for, using Toxic as the example still, a non-Poison-type. How about 2 tiles away for status-inflicting moves? Or Skylark can decide based on the specifics moves used whenever the situations arise?

Sora, I want you to move to F7, then E6. Then use Cotton Guard, I guess.
F7 ~ E6 ~ Cotton Guard

Chi; move to H7 then H6 and use Calm Mind.
H7 ~ H6 ~ Calm Mind

Ryui; use Teleport to get to B6, then use Light Screen and Calm Mind.
B6 ~ Light Screen ~ Calm Mind

This is only my second active battle, so don't be too nervous.
I really hope I haven't somehow jumbled the Pokémon's roles somehow -.-

Star69
[Firefox]Vulpix(F)<Flashfire> @Firestone
Bishop
Health: 100% | Energy: 100%
Hat: 15%
[Purplemon]Nidoranm(M)<Poison Point> @Razor Claw
Rook
[SomeGuy]Lunatone(?)<Levitate>
Knight

Munchkin
[Sora]Swablu(F)<Natural Cure>
Bishop
[Chi]Sneasel(F)<Keen Eye> @Razor Claw
Rook
[Ryui]Abra(M)<Synchronize>
Knight

Somewhere in ASB central, someone, for some reason, built a life-size chessboard and left it there. Apparently, someone didn't bother making life-size chess-pieces. What a waste of resources. Sure, it was great if you were a chess fan. What better way to spend your time than staring at a gigantic chessboard? Sadly, this wasn't the general consensus about the people of Asber, and the humongous chessboard was left to rot. Few, if any, of the citizens of Asber know when and why the chessboard was built.

Recently, with the trend of random arenas with gimmicky if not quirky rules steadily rising, trainers have decided to make use of this marvel. After calling in a crew of Smeargle and Machoke, the chessboard was renovated to seem good as new.

Today is the day of the grand unveiling of the chessboard, the day it is finally put to good use. Crowds have gathered to see the spectacle of two trainers battling on this relatively ancient monument of Asber. Among the audience, giggling, were Sableye and Cottonee, pokemon which ,unbeknownst to most citizens of Asber, had tampered with the chessboard. They were waiting for the first "accident" to occur.

The trainers position themselves on opposite sides of the board, and a coin is flipped to decide which trainer plays white. Pokemon are sent out, all relatively small, and hats are distributed - white hats for the pokemon on the white team and black hats for the pokemon on the black team. For the rooks, the hats are top hats. None of the onlookers were shocked when the bishops were each given a mitre. The knights were given helmets. The hats made the pokemon look silly, but they dare not to question the physics behind this arena.

Round 1
The battle started off rather slowly as all the pokemon were simply commanded to move. All the pokemon rushed towards where they were commanded to go except for Ryui. Chi, who was the first to arrive at her square, laughed at how slowly all the other pokemon on the board were moving. Why, she felt as if she could run laps around all the pokemon competing. Everyone's eyes were darting around the board, curious as to which pokemon would reach their designated spot next. No one thought it was going to be Ryui, who had suddenly vanished and reappeared on his square. SomeGuy, who had floated to where it needed to be, was feeling pretty confident. After all, it had traveled three times the distance the other pokemon were commanded to go, and those slowpokes hadn't even reached their spot. Firefox, on the other hand, didn't bother which pokemon got to their spot first. After hopping along, she was too busy trying to figure out how to make her hat look nice to care what the other pokemon were doing. The crowd was starting to get bored by this point. Purplemon, to his trainer's despair, was pelted by the riled up audience with tomatoes, mangoes and all sorts of produce. The Sableye in the crowd even threw rocks at him. With a grin, it murmured that this wasn't one of the traps they installed, but this would do. Sora, after seeing Purplemon's barrage, didn't want to take any chances, so she tried to make herself as unnoticeable as possible.

The second action was almost as dull as the first. The crowd jeered at the battlers. They were here for destruction, not sissy walking around. Chi, yet again, showed off her speed. This time, she decided to skip while moving, proving that she didn't need to run to outspeed the other pokemon. The crowd waited with its breath held as Ryui made it clear that he wasn't moving this action. He opened his glowing eyes wide as golden orbs suddenly enveloped him and his allies. Disappointed at the lack of violence, the crowd suddenly grew silent. The battlers better get their acts together or there was going to be a riot. SomeGuy, oblivious to the antsy crowd, simply closed itself off and entered deep within its mind. A few seconds later, it opened its eyes and felt more powerful. Firefox started to become aware of the crowd. Carefully, she headed to her next spot, glad the crowd didn't erupt on her. Sora followed suit, hopping along, but this time, the crowd couldn't be contained. Sora chirped in horror as a Tropius was sent flying onto the board, heading straight for her. After a quick body slam, the Tropius was recalled, and Sora was feeling a bit miffed at the unruly crowd. Purplemon rushed to the next square. Surely the crowd wouldn't attack him right now. It had just attacked Sora after all. To his dismay, fireworks suddenly exploded under his feet. All sorts of colored explosions filled his underside. He was getting tired of this arena.

All the pokemon came to an unspoken agreement. Nobody wanted to have anything to do with moving around the chessboard. Fireworks were pretty and all, but nobody wanted to become a living light show. Both Chi and Ryui closed their eyes, blocking off the distractions around them. In their heads, they created mental barriers to shield themselves. As if nothing had happened, they opened their eyes simultaneously and reentered the fray. SomeGuy simply hovered in place, content with the status quo. Firefox then started howling loudly. This was it - her battle cry. The audience started perking up at the sight of her howling. Purplemon started doing an odd twitchy dance, some sort of ritual. Suddenly, he felt much more sluggish, but his claws became somewhat sharper. Sora, the last to move for the round, fluffed itself up using its beak. A few moments of fluffing up and she looked like a giant cottonball. It was sort of embarrassing, but she couldn't help cooing in the comfort of her own down.

End of Round

Star69
Bishop
Health: 100% | Energy: 97%
-- +1 Atk
Rook
Health: 90% | Energy: 95%
-- +1 Atk +1 Def -1 Spd
Knight
-- +1 Sp. Atk +1 Sp. Def

Munchkin Light Screen (3 actions)
Bishop
Health: 95% | Energy: 95%
-- +3 Def
Rook
Health: 100% | Energy: 96%
-- +1 Sp. Atk +1 Sp. Def
Knight
Health: 100% | Energy: 92%
-- +1 Sp. Atk +1 Sp. Def

Damage and Energy calculations:
Purplemon's HP = 100 - 5 (arena) - 5 (arena) = 90
Purplemon's energy = 100 - 3 (curse) - 1 (moving) - 1 (moving) = 95
Firefox's energy = 100 - 1 (howl) - 1 (moving) -1 (moving) = 97
SomeGuy's energy = 100 - 3 (moving) + 10 (chill) - 2 (calm mind) = 100
Sora's HP = 100 - 5 (arena) = 95
Sora's energy = 100 - 3 (cotton guard) - 1 (moving) - 1 (moving) = 95
Chi's energy = 100 - 1 (moving) - 1 (moving) - 2 (calm mind) = 96
Ryui's energy = 100 - 3 (teleport) - 3 (light screen) - 2 (calm mind) = 92

Notes:
-I ref toxic as the pokemon spitting gunk on its opponent, so I think it'd reach only the surrounding tiles, but if both trainers agree, toxic being able to span two tiles can be arranged.
-Ambiguous targeting is allowed.
-For the positions, the picture is here. http://draw.to/D4i9roI
-On the horrible drawing, R is rook, B is bishop, K is knight. Blue is white and black is... well... black.
-The random number generator hates Purplemon.
-Munchkin commands first.

For my convenience:
Razor Claw: Attacks made by a pokémon holding this item start one critical hit domain one higher than usual.
Fire Stone: The fire-type attacks made by a pokémon holding this item do 1% more damage and cost 1% less energy to perform than normal, after all other modifiers are applied.
Sneasel-Abra-Lunatone-Vulpix-Nidoran/Swablu

Well, I do think I'd prefer Toxic to be restrained to a 1-square radius - after all, such a deadly move being able to hit from two squares away could cause some problems for the both of us. However, Star69, if you would rather prefer Toxic having a 2-square radius, I wouldn't mind that either :)

Sora; I want you to move to use Agility first, then move to D5. Use Swift on Firefox, unless she went out of range or Protects, in which case target Purplemon instead. If both of them are out of range and/or Protect on the third action, then just Chill.
Agility ~ D5 ~ Swift@Firefox/Swift@Purplemon/Chill

Chi; Use Whirlpool on SomeGuy, then follow up with two Dark Pulses. Unless it Protects, in which case use Calm Mind on the first action, then Whirlpool until it's trapped, and if you still have an action or two left, keep using Dark Pulse.
Whirlpool@SomeGuy/Calm Mind ~ Whirlpool/Dark Pulse@SomeGuy x2

Ryui; Teleport to C4. Then use Thunder Wave on Firefox until she's Paralyzed - unless she Protects, then I want you to use Reflect. If she Protects both remaining actions, or if your second-action Thunder Wave succeeded, then make your third action a Telekinesis.
Teleport (C4) ~ Thunder Wave@Firefox/Reflect ~ Thunder Wave@Firefox/Telekinesis

Good luck, you guys! <3

EDIT: I just noticed you had wished me a happy birthday, Skylark! I'm so late, but thanks ^-^
I should start paying attention to previous posts, in case of edits 0-o

Last edited:
One-square range, please. :c

Firefox- first, move to D4. Then hit Sora with a Flamethrower and follow up with a Confuse Ray.
D4 ~ Flamethrower@Sora ~ Confuse Ray@Sora

Purplemon- launch a Thunderbolt at Ryui if he's in range (he should be, if special attacks work the way I think they do). Then move up to B3 and finish up with a Shadow Claw, targeting Ryui again.
Thunderbolt@Ryui ~ B3 ~ Shadow Claw@Ryui

SomeGuy- urk. Nothing to do here but take the pain, I guess. Use Light Screen on your first action, then give Chi two Signal Beams as thanks for the Whirlpool. Hopefully it'll leave her confused.
Light Screen ~ Signal Beam@Chi(x2)

Star69
Bishop
Health: 100% | Energy: 97%
-- +1 Atk
-- Paralyzed (24% chance)
Rook
Health: 90% | Energy: 95%
-- +1 Atk +1 Def -1 Spd
Knight
-- +1 Sp. Atk +1 Sp. Def

Munchkin Light Screen (3 actions)
Bishop
Health: 95% | Energy: 95%
-- +3 Def
Rook
Health: 100% | Energy: 96%
-- +1 Sp. Atk +1 Sp. Def
Knight
Health: 100% | Energy: 92%
-- +1 Sp. Atk +1 Sp. Def

Round 2
Chi, after hearing her commands, started frantically looking around for a source of water. Failing to find any, she started grumbling to herself. Whirlpool? Yeah. She knew how to use that move, but how did her trainer expect her to do that? There wasn't a single drop of water to manipulate in the area. After expressing significant discontent, she thought, "What the heck. Might as well try." With this, she raised her fist in the air and spun it around for a few times. To her surprise, water started forming around her claws. After a few seconds of spinning, she sent the whirlpool towards her opponent, and watched as Ryui teleported forward. Ryui was feeling fine and dandy until a random meteor from one of those doggoned legendary pokemon flying about appeared out of nowhere and struck him square in the face. SomeGuy, who didn't appreciate getting struck by wayward meteors set out to create a wall of light as quickly as it could. A tiny gold ball formed at the tip of its crescent and quickly grew to envelope the floating rock. Two similar spheres detached themselves from SomeGuy's sphere and quickly went on to surround Purplemon and Firefox. Firefox attempted to step forward, but an invisible wall seemed to prevent her from moving for some reason. Try as she might, she couldn't obey her trainer. After exerting some effort, she simply gave up, and remained in her square. Sora appeared to repeatedly vanish and reappear in different spots in her square. With a white aura trailing her, she flew as swiftly as the wind while managing to stay within the confines of her square. It was time for some real action as Purplemon suddenly crackled with energy. Sparks flew of his ears as a massive bolt of lightning flew from his body to Ryui. To Purplemon's dismay, Ryui didn't show any signs of distress from the lightning.

It was Chi's turn to attack, and she was clearly displeased at this point. She collected her massive store of spiteful thoughts and shot a beam towards SomeGuy. SomeGuy knew that a move like that would really hurt, and it shivered inside as it waited for the dark beam to hit. It shivered as the dark thoughts started arriving. The beam was hindered by the screen, but SomeGuy still shuddered in pain. Ryui then raised one of his hands, and it suddenly started crackling with electricity. A thin stream then passed from his fingers to mildly shock Firefox. The tingly sensation spread from Firefox's head, slowly reaching her body, and making her feel numb. A single red beam and a single blue beam shot out from SomeGuy's tips. Full of bug energy, they intertwined and headed straight for Chi, who grunted as soon as she was hit. All the pokemon were starting to despise this arena which was seemingly full of bad luck. Sheepishly, Sora glided over to her next spot. Purplemon then gingerly stepped forward, hoping no nasty surprises awaited him. Firefox's eyes then glowed for a short period of time. This was followed by a stream of flames coming from her mouth, bathing Sora in the yellow and red embers that came forth.

Chi once again concentrated her vindictive thoughts. She puts her hands together and formed a small black ball of energy. Then, she separated her hands and fired a beam of black and purple at SomeGuy who had braced itself. The golden sphere had intercepted the beam, making it reduce in size and strength, leaving Chi fuming. Ryui then concentrated his thoughts on Firefox. Slowly but surely, he had made her float, trapping her in an invisible sphere that would prevent her from moving for some time. SomeGuy sent another pair of beams that intertwined and snaked towards Chi. Purplemon then held out its paw which was surrounded by a black aura. The aura took on the shape of a giant claw and Purplemon slashed Ryui's face. The dark energy burned into Ryui. Sora, with a flap of her wings, sent out a wave of energy which shaped itself into multiple stars that flew straight into Firefox who twitched uncontrollably. At this point, Munchkin's light screen faded away.

End of Round

Star69 Light Screen for two actions
Bishop
Health: 96% | Energy: 93%
-- +1 Atk
-- Paralyzed (22% chance)
Rook
Health: 90% | Energy: 85%
-- +1 Atk +1 Def -1 Spd
Knight
Health: 77% | Energy: 88%
-- +1 Sp. Atk +1 Sp. Def

Munchkin
Bishop
Health: 88% | Energy: 91%
-- +3 Def +2 Spd
Rook
Health: 88% | Energy: 88%
-- +1 Sp. Atk +1 Sp. Def
Knight
Health: 86% | Energy: 82%
-- +1 Sp. Atk +1 Sp. Def

Purplemon's HP = 90
Purplemon's energy = 95 - 5(thunderbolt) - 1(moving) - 4(shadow claw) = 85
Firefox's HP = 100 - 4(swift) = 96
Firefox's energy = 97 - 1(moving) - 3(flamethrower) = 93
SomeGuy's HP = 100 - 8(dark pulse) - 8(dark pulse) - 4(whirlpool) - 3(whirlpool) = 77
SomeGuy's energy = 100 - 4(light screen) - 4(signal beam) - 4(signal beam) = 88
Sora's HP = 95 - 7(flamethrower) = 88
Sora's energy = 95 - 2(agility) - 2(swift) = 91
Chi's HP = 100 - 6(signal beam) - 6(signal beam) = 88
Chi's energy = 96 - 2(whirlpool) - 3(dark pulse) - 3(dark pulse) = 88
Ryui's HP = 100 - 4(thunderbolt) - 5(shadow claw) - 5(arena) = 86
Ryui's energy = 92 - 3(teleport) - 4(thunder wave) - 3(telekinesis) = 82

Notes:
-Bishops go diagonally
-For the positions, the picture is here. http://draw.to/D2t57fS
-Firefox was paralyzed on the third action
-Star69 commands first.

For my convenience:
Razor Claw: Attacks made by a pokémon holding this item start one critical hit domain one higher than usual.
Fire Stone: The fire-type attacks made by a pokémon holding this item do 1% more damage and cost 1% less energy to perform than normal, after all other modifiers are applied.
Sneasel-Abra-Lunatone/Swablu-Vulpix-Nidoran

Last edited:
Chi should've been able to use Whirlpool:
Arena description said:
The chessboard's squares are all automatically adjusted to fit the size of the largest Pokémon participating, and any material required for an attack appears for the purpose of the attack, then disappears.
I'm not posting my commands yet.

I'll fix the numbers, but I'll get to the reffing in two days when I get back from my trip.

Edit: Done.

Last edited:
Thank you, Star69.

Also, I have a question; how come Chi's Dark Pulse attacks each did 8%, while she took 12% from each Signal Beam? The base damage from Dark Pulse is 8%, yes, but Signal Beam has a base damages of 7%. Also, We both have up Light Screen, and SomeGuy and Chi have the boosts from one Calm Mind. SomeGuy doesn't get STAB using Signal Beam, but Chi gets STAB from Dark Pulse.

I'm probably missing something, so could you please explain how those numbers came out?

Firefox- Start off with a Confuse Ray aimed at Sora. If she's out of your range, hit Ryui with a Dark Pulse. If either of them Protects or otherwise ensures your moves would fail, Chill. If your Confuse Ray hit, use Dark Pulse on Ryui on the next action. Again, Chill if your move would fail due to Protect, Detect, and the like. If your Ray didn't hit, go for a Will-O-Wisp at Ryui. Finally, use Will-O-Wisp on Ryui if your Dark Pulse hit last action; if it didn't, go for an Inferno because I feel lucky. Chill if your moves would be blocked.
wow that was a lot of letters
Confuse Ray@Sora/Dark Pulse@Ryui/Chill ~ Dark Pulse@Ryui/Will-O-Wisp@Ryui/Chill ~ Will-O-Wisp@Ryui/Inferno@Ryui/Chill

Purplemon- Move to B4, then hit Ryui with a Poison Jab. If he Protects (et cetera), or is out of your range, Chill. Focus Energy on the last action.
B4 ~ Poison Jab@Ryui/Chill ~ Focus Energy

SomeGuy- So I... guess you can't move, right? Why don't you go ahead and make yourself a Substitute for 15% health. Then give Firefox a Helping Hand and Pain Split with her too.
Substitute (15%) ~ Helping Hand@Firefox ~ Pain Split@Firefox

god I hate having to command first

Sora; move to E6, then Ominous Wind twice on SomeGuy.
E6 ~ Ominous Wind@SomeGuy x2

Chi; You seem free to do whatever for this round. Dark Pulse on SomeGuy for two actions, then Chill on the third - unless his Whirlpool fizzles out at any time, in which case renew it.
Dark Pulse/Whirlpool@SomeGuy x2 ~ Chill/Whirlpool@SomeGuy

Ryui; Oh no, I'm feeling a lot of hate for you this round! Start with a Toxic on Firefox, then Teleport to D6 - since you're fast, you should be able to get away from the Poison Jab. Nothing to do about that powered-up Dark Pulse though, I'm afraid. Finish up with a Grass Knot on SomeGuy - he's a pretty hefty fellow, and the bigger they are, the harder they fall~
Toxic@Firefox ~ Teleport (D6) ~ Grass Knot@SomeGuy

we all hate it D:

Star69 Light Screen for two actions
Bishop
Health: 96% | Energy: 93%
-- +1 Atk
-- Paralyzed (22% chance)
Rook
-- +1 Atk +1 Def -1 Spd
Knight
Health: 77% | Energy: 88%
-- +1 Sp. Atk +1 Sp. Def

Munchkin
Bishop
Health: 88% | Energy: 91%
-- +3 Def +2 Spd
Rook
Health: 88% | Energy: 88%
-- +1 Sp. Atk +1 Sp. Def
Knight
Health: 86% | Energy: 82%
-- +1 Sp. Atk +1 Sp. Def

Round 3
Feeling extra vindictive this time around, Chi rubbed her paws together before preparing her attack. A few black sparks flew off of her while plotting nasty thoughts. Scheming about how she could best hurt her opponent, she bent down and spread her arms forward. In a few seconds, a single thin beam as black as night shot forward towards SomeGuy. Fortunately for SomeGuy, the beam started sputtering out as soon as it passed through the sphere of light surrounding the moon-shaped pokemon. After getting hit, SomeGuy concentrated on the board below it for a few moments. Chunks of the board started flying towards SomeGuy. Stopping just before hitting SomeGuy, the chunks, which we surrounded by a blue aura, shaped themselves in the form of a crescent. With some energy leaving the Lunatone and entering the substitute, the exchange was done. Ryui's tail twitched for a bit, and a purple cloud appeared from the tip of his tail. With a swish and a flick, the noxious gases was sent on its way. It enveloped Firefox who could be heard gagging from a mile away. At this moment, Sora turned around and flew towards the next square over. To everyone's surprise, as soon as she reached the air above the square, a bright white light surrounded all of the pokemon. By some strange force, the pokemon were suddenly standing in different places, and the round was called to a close.

End of Round

Star69 Light Screen for one action
Bishop
Health: 95% | Energy: 93%
-- +1 Atk
-- Paralyzed (22% chance) Poisoned (1%)
Rook
-- +1 Atk +1 Def -1 Spd
Knight
Health: 54% | Energy: 79%
Substitute: 15%
-- +1 Sp. Atk +1 Sp. Def

Munchkin
Bishop
Health: 88% | Energy: 90%
-- +3 Def +2 Spd
Rook
Health: 88% | Energy: 82%
-- +1 Sp. Atk +1 Sp. Def
Knight
Health: 86% | Energy: 78%
-- +1 Sp. Atk +1 Sp. Def

Purplemon's HP = 90
Purplemon's energy = 85
Firefox's HP = 96 - 1(poison) = 95
Firefox's energy = 93
SomeGuy's HP= 77 - 15(substitute) - 8(dark pulse) = 54
SomeGuy's energy = 88 - 8(substitute) - 1(light screen)= 79
Sora's HP = 88
Sora's energy = 91 - 1(moving) = 90
Chi's HP = 88
Chi's energy = 88 - 3(dark pulse) = 82
Ryui's HP = 86
Ryui's energy = 82 - 4(toxic) = 78

Notes:
-"If, at any time, all six Pokémon involved are within attack range of at least one opponent, all the Pokémon are instantly teleported to random spaces on the board and the round immediately ends so orders don't get too screwed up." Just remembered about this part. Sorry for forgetting about it in the previous round.
-SomeGuy was freed from the whirlpool because of the teleportation
-Positions here. http://draw.to/D3U6S9N
-Munchkin commands first.

For my convenience:
Sneasel-Abra-Lunatone/Swablu-Vulpix-Nidoran

Last edited:
Ack! And last round was supposed to go so well, as far as I had predicted ;~;
I totally didn't forget about my own rule either ._.
At least Ryui is out of range ^-^

Sora; Ominous Wind on SomeGuy twice, then Chill. If you are unable to use Ominous Wind for whatever reason, use Safeguard. If you can't use Ominous Wind on either action, Agility on the second.
Ominous Wind@SomeGuy/Safeguard ~ Ominous Wind@SomeGuy/Safeguard/Agility ~ Chill

Chi; Whirlpool until it's successful, then Dark Pulse for any actions you have leftover. If you are unable to attack for any reason, Calm Mind on the first and/or second actions, then Chill on the third.
Whirlpool@SomeGuy/Calm Mind ~ Dark Pulse@SomeGuy/Whirlpool@SomeGuy/Calm Mind ~ Dark Pulse@SomeGuy/Whirlpool@SomeGuy/Chill

Ryui; Redo that Light Screen - it appears to be gone now. Also a Reflect, please. Then just Chill, I guess :)
Light Screen ~ Reflect ~ Chill

Back
Top Bottom