• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pathos vs DarkFireDX

Darko, hang in there. I want you to Torment that Jigglypuff so it can't keep punching you, then follow up with some Foul Play. Protect at the end if she punches again. Do your best.

Torment ~ Foul Play ~ Protect

Let's switch to natural gift; just one should be enough. If the sandile's still alive though, swift, and work up last action.

Natural gift ~ Swift ~ Work up

Sorry that this is late, I have had quite a bit of work on. Its coming to the end of term now, so I should be ok.

Team Pathos 2/2 Pokemon remaining
Shir (f)
Ability: Cute Charm
Health:86%
Energy:65%
Status: Feeling great, despite the sandstorm. +2 sp attack, +3 attack, -1 defence

Team DarkFireDX 2/2 Pokemon remaining
Darko (m)
Ability: Intimidate
Health: 14%
Energy: 74%

The Sandile rights himself. He knows he has to somehow prevent the Jigglypuff from attacking again, and decides that stopping those evil punches might be a good start. He starts yelling over to Shir, claiming that she is nothing but a one trick pony. The Jigglypuff blushes, admitting that she is a little dependant on her drain punch attack, and decides to show him her new attack. Glowing with the energy that makes her unique, Shir slams into the Sandile, causing it to roll over. With a small squeak of pain, the Sandile collapses, and is soon recalled into his Pokeball.

Team Pathos 2/2 Pokemon remaining
Shir (f)
Health:85%
Energy:62%
Status:How do you like me now? +2 sp attack, +3 attack, -1 defence. Tormented (4 more actions)

Team DarkFireDX 2/2 Pokemon remaining
Darko (m)
Ability: Intimidate
Health: 0%
Energy: 74%

Calculations: Torment: 3% energy
Natural gift: 14% damage 3% energy (moon stone)

Notes:
There is a small U shaped hole.
Sandstorm will last 1 more round.
DarkFireDX sends out this round.

Technically Darko should have lost energy for that torment, but w/e. Also moon stone adds +1 to damage as well.

Right, then... Since this solosis has overcoat, let's go for status. Toxic, thunder wave and sweet kiss, in that order. If psybub has set up a safeguard or substitute, though, or you can't use your move for any other reason, let's tickle, charm and fake tears, in that order. And if you have to attack at any point, tri attack, secret power and tri attack.

Toxic / Tickle / Tri Attack ~ Thunder Wave / Charm / Secret Power ~ Sweet Kiss / Fake Tears / Tri Attack

Alright, Psybub, start with a medium (20%) Substitute, then use Thunder Wave and follow up with Toxic, let's use statuses back at that Jigglypuff. If you can't use the status moves for some reason, use Future Sight and then Psyshock.

Substitute (20%) ~ Thunder Wave/Future Sight ~ Toxic/Psyshock

Team Pathos

2/2 Pokemon remaining
Shir (f) Jigglypuff
Health:85%
Energy:62%
Status:How do you like me now? +2 sp attack, +3 attack, -1 defence. Tormented (4 more actions)

Team ShinyUmbreonX3

1/2 Pokemon remaining
Psybub (m) Solosis
Ability: Overcoat
Health:100%
Energy:100%

Shir looks curiously at her new opponent. The small blob looked a lot less scary than that horrible crocodile from before. The Jigglypuff smirked a little, gagging as she coughed up a horrible blob of harsh chemicals. Squinting her eyes through the thick sand, the Jigglypuff aims and fires, spitting the horrible blob at the green blob in front of her. The attack hits, causing the solosis to squeak as the toxic chemicals burn through his green shell and into his system. The small green creature then turns to the grass and dirt in front of it, lifting clumps of dirt and grass with his psychic energy. The dirt and grass clumps together and shines a golden colour, and suddenly the dirt blob moves, almost as if it was alive. Almost as if magic, the sandstorm comes to a standtill, but not before the Jigglypuff was buffeted by it.

The Jigglypuff looks at the two blobs with a look of confusion on her face. There are two blobs now? Since when is this a fair fight? The Jigglypuff takes all confusion out of her mind, and starts singing the praises of the Pokemon in front of her. Before the Solosis can take in the charming words, the substitute suddenly changes into a dome like shape, covering the Solosis from the magority of the words. The only reward for the Jigglypuff's efforts is a small bolt of electricity which surges through the Jigglypuff's body, making her once powerful muscles feel weak and sluggish.

The horrible feeling is too much for Shir this action, as she cannot find the will to move at all. The grinning Solosis spits her own concoction of chemicals at the Jigglypuff, grinning even more as the creature squeaks in pain. Oddly enough, Psybub finds himself feeling a little sickish. He wonders if it is a reaction to the nerves he had before the battle, and tries to shake it off.

Team Pathos

2/2 Pokemon remaining

Shir (f) Jigglypuff
Health:83%
Energy:55%
Status: Feeling a little awful. +2 sp attack, +3 attack, -1 defense. Tormented (1 more action), Paralyzed (severe), Poisoned (severe) 1%.

Team ShinyUmbreonX3

1/2 Pokemon remaining

Psybub (m) Solosis
Health:79%
Energy:82%
Status: Feeling a little smug, despite the sickish feeling. Poisoned (severe) 1% Has a sub (20%)

Notes:
Sandstorm has ended.
Both charm and fake tears are protected by sub. Sorry about that.
There is a U shaped tunnel.
Since Pathos commanded last round, ShinyUmbreonX3 will command this round.

Last edited:
You misspelled severe as servere; also, the poisoning should be severe. The actual species that each pokemon is doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere. Also this isn't actually important to how you ref but it is important just for, like, niceness I guess, could you clean up the reffing? Like, the battle calcs take up just as much space as the reffing itself. That solosis outspeeds jigglypuff should go in the ref notes. Just general... appearance things that would make the reffing look nicer?

Alright, I only put the calculations down just in case I missed something. Sorry.

Cleaned everything up, will use this as a template from now on. :)

Last edited:
No, noting calcs is good, just a bit shorter or something. It's not a big deal, it's just more pleasant this way? It looks a lot nicer now though, thanks.

Alright, Psybub. Let's get on the offensive. Open up with Future Sight to set up for later, then Psychic. Finish up with a Recover so you don't drop. If you can't use your attacks because of protection or something, start off with Calm Mind, then Psych Up.

Future Sight/Calm Mind ~ Psychic/Psych Up ~ Recover

I'm inclined to let the statuses go, but... do not want the unpredictability of paralysis, so heal bell that stuff away. Chill if you can't manage that and push it off until the next action until you manage. Giga impact that substitute away if you have time, and then regardless of what you've done before, snatch that recover. If you're unable to snatch, just chill.

Heal Bell / Chill ~ Heal Bell / Giga Impact / Chill ~ Snatch / Chill

Sorry for the lateness. I have to do some coursework tomorrow.

Team Pathos

2/2 Pokemon remaining

Shir (f) Jigglypuff
Health:83%
Energy:55%
Status: Feeling a little awful. +2 sp attack, +3 attack, -1 defense. Tormented (1 more action), Paralyzed (severe), Poisoned (severe) 1%.

Team ShinyUmbreonX3
1/2 Pokemon remaining

Psybub (m) Solosis
Health:79%
Energy:82%
Status: Feeling a little smug, despite the sickish feeling. Poisoned (severe) 1% Has a sub (20%)

Psybub closes its eyes, focusing on the time stream and all the little threads that make up time itself. It looks to a moment in the future, the future of the battle, and then sends a wave of psychic energy down the thread of time. The Solosis knows that, while nothing has happened now, his attack will be worth it in the future.

Meanwhile, Shir is struggling to get up. She watches the focusing Solosis, and would have shrugged if her twitchy muscles would let her. She instead summons a bell, the soft chiming filling the arena around her, soothing her muscles and removing the toxins from her body. Her body sags a little, relieved at the return of control to her body.

Now she is faster, Shir decides to go on the offensive. She runs up to the Solosis, her body glowing orange as she slams into the substitute that has effectively ran in her way. The substitute explodes in a mess of dirt and grass, Psybulb gazing at the mess with a look of loss on his face. He quickly reaches into the mind of the Jigglypuff, attacking the nerve endings in her brain to quickly fill her with pain. The Jigglypuff grips her head, trying to get the pain out of her head, and almost falls to the floor.

The Jigglypuff suddenly rights herself, surrounding herself with a dark aura. She knows that the Solosis is intending to do something that would assist it, and she feels that she deserves whatever is in store much more that the little green blob.

Psybulb, on the other hand, is busy trying to regenerate the damage that he has caused himself by creating the substitute. He calls on his body to bring himself into a state of healing, but he finds himself quickly despairing as it seems that Shir is the only one healing here! The Solosis suddenly notices the darkness around the Jigglypuff and growls. That was a cheap trick! Almost as if to punish Shir for her actions, a wave of psychic type energy lands upon her, causing her to almost topple over, grabbing her head and muttering.

Team Pathos

2/2 Pokemon remaining

Shir (f) Jigglypuff
Health:90%
Energy:30%
Status: Stupid mind crushing attacks! Also feeling a little tired... +2 sp attack, +3 attack, -1 defense.

Team ShinyUmbreonX3

1/2 Pokemon remaining

Psybub (m) Solosis
Health:77%
Energy:73%
Status: Stupid cheap dark type trick!! Poisoned (severe) 2%

Notes:
From what I read about snatch, it doesn't use up energy on its own. The energy that is uses up is from the move itself. I think that's right, feel free to correct me.
Pathos will command this round.

Notes

Heal bell: Para roll: 45= under 50.
Heal bell: 4% energy remove 1% for stab, 1% for moon stone

Future sight energy: 5% energy 10% damage (last action)

Giga impact: energy: 7% (moon stone) 22% (moon stone) (sub killed at this point)

Psychic: 11% damage, 4% energy

Snatch: recover: heals 72-100= 24 14% energy

"Heal bell: Para roll: 45= under 50." I'm not sure what this means? There should be a 25% chance of parafail at severe paralysis.

Anyhow! Onwards, Shir. Snatch any subs or recovers, unless you already have a substitute; otherwise tri attack, secret power and tri attack. If Psybub has clones, aim for the one with a shadow. If you can't attack for any reason, chill.

Snatch / Tri Attack / Chill ~ Snatch / Secret Power / Chill ~ Snatch / Tri Attack / Chill

Alright, Psybub. Thunder Wave again, then Pain Split to even things up a bit. Follow up with a Psyshock.

Thunder Wave ~ Pain Split ~ Psyshock

Team Pathos

2/2 Pokemon remaining
Shir (f) Jigglypuff
Health:90%
Energy:30%
Status: Stupid mind crushing attacks! Also feeling a little tired... +2 sp attack, +3 attack, -1 defense

Team ShinyUmbreonX3

1/2 Pokemon remaining
Psybub (m) Solosis
Energy:73%
Status: Stupid cheap dark type trick! Poisoned (severe) 2%.

Not wanting to wait, Shir summons three orbs of energy, one blue, one red and one yellow. With a small squeak, the Jigglypuff fires the energy orbs at the Solosis, causing the little bubble to float a little in the air, squeaking as he is pushed back. Psybub responds by sending a small spark of electricity which courses through the Jigglypuff's systems and yet again makes the muscles of the small pink creature slow and sluggish.

Psybub takes advantage of the struggling Jigglypuff and concentrates, focusing on the life energies that flow in both him and Shir. With a small effort, he averages the two energies, giving him some new strength and leaving the small, struggling Jigglypuff feeling slightly weaker than before. The Solosis smiles, now the battle is much fairer.
Shir finally gets control of her muscles, and uses the energies of the arena around her to summon a green coloured beam. The beam shoots into Psybub, causing him quite a bit of pain. The green light starts making the Solosis drowsy, and he soon finds himself snoozing gently on the grass.

Shir grins a little. This has worked quite well! Despite the stiffness in her muscles, she manages to summon another three orbs of energy, hitting the Solosis with her tri attack. The Solosis murmurs for a few seconds, and then settles back to sleep.

Team Pathos

2/2 Pokemon remaining

Shir (f) Jigglypuff
Energy:22%
Status: A bit miffed about the pain split. Paralyzed (severe)

Team ShinyUmbreonX3

1/2 Pokemon remaining

Psybub (m) Solosis
Health:52%
Energy:57%
Status: Snoring like a baby. Asleep (moderate, mild in 2 actions) Poisoned (severe, 3%)

Notes:
ShinyUmbreonX3 will command this round.

Ok, little question about sleep. How strong do the attacks have to be to change how light the sleep is? As Psybub got hit by quite a strong attack (over 10%) I placed his sleep as mild. It will go down by another stage with another attack like that...I think that's how it'd go. Correct me if I'm wrong, it doesn't really affect anything now but I want to know.

Calcs

Tri attack 12% damage,2% energy

Thunder wave 4% energy

Pain split 65-77 = 12% energy

Secret power (not paralyzed, over 25) (rolled 22, under 30, target is asleep) 10% damage

Psyshock (can't, asleep)

Tri attack (not paralyzed, over 25) 12% damage, 2% energy)

Last edited:
Thank you. :)

So there are 3 stages, light, mild and severe? If so that's good as I don't need to change anything.

Edit: never mind. I'll change it. :)

Bit of a late DQ warning. Sorry about that, been busy trying to apply for jobs. DarkFireDX, you have 24 hours.

Welp, I guess DarkFireDX is DQed. From what I have read, Pathos should recieve £10, and Shir should receive 2 exp. She is also ready to evolve.

ShinyUmbreonX3 receives nothing...

I, of course, get £14.

(what happens now?)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom