• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon - Legends of Hoenn

ShinyUmbreonX3

Moon don't tell me lies, don't let me roam forever
Pokémon - Legends of Hoenn

~It's 20 years after the battle of Kyogre and Groudon was quelled by Rayquaza after Team Magma and Aqua stirred the masters of land and sea. Life has been normal for both people and Pokémon, trainers have come and gone, and new Pokémon have been found. All seemed well, until the quakes started, and the rains began to fall over the sea. After all this time, it seemed they were awakening once again. And this time, the trainers are standing no chance. The wild Pokémon soon begin to hear the voice of one who supposedly abandoned a world he helped create. It is up to them to stop the rise of land and sea...~

Welcome to my RP! This is a play-as-Pokémon RP, based in Hoenn. Your characters are "chosen" for the task ahead. Here are some basic rules:

~Basic Roleplaying Rules!
~Fakemon are allowed.
~Up to two characters allowed.
~Your Pokémon/Fakemon can't use a move it wouldn't know as a trainer's Pokémon. Fakemon, please list any moves with a quick description that it has that don't already exist in "Other."
~As an understanding of the rules, please copy the form exactly as posted here (bolds and all fields) when filling it out and entering.

Application:

Name:
Species:
Personality:
History (optional):
Other: (Fakemon moves go here.)

My characters:

Name: Darius
Species: Petrolfhar
Fakemon/Altered Appearance: A light brown bipedal digit-grade lupine figure with clay-colored rocks around his wrists and above his footpaws, gold flames that go down his back from the back of his head to the tip of his tail, and gold eyes (This is the shiny coloring of this Fakemon), standing about 5'7" and weighing in about 315 lb. This is heavier than most of his species, due to some fairly good laid-back living in the wild and a bit of weight gain due to said living, so he has a bit of pudge.
Personality: Kind of oblivious, lazy, and slacking. He gets defensive, sarcastic, and rude when people get upset with him. He's a bit apathetic, too. However, he can get serious in situations he needs to be. He likes to eat.
History (optional):
Other: This is the third form of my fire/rock starter idea. His signature move is Meteor Blast, in which he tosses flaming boulders, which he grows from his wrist cuffs and lights on fire. It's 2-3 hits at a moderate power for fire damage, physical attack. Everything else he learns is from mainly Emboar's line's move set, minus Heat Crash and plus a couple other Rock moves.

Name: Zaimes
Species: Absol
Fakemon/Altered Appearance: Looks a bit older, with slightly grey fur and a worn face. His blade also looks chipped at the tip.
Personality: A caring, friendly soul, he tries to prove that he means no harm, even with the disasters that follow him a lot of the time. He is willing to defend another, and has had to do so many times. He's usually fairly serious, though he does have a sense of humor.
History (optional):
Other: Just a kind of counter to the first one. A real Pokémon and one that's more helpful and caring.

Members:
Blazer - Jacen the Rogastar/Flora the Floraire
K'yoril - Kerroi the Pilfica
Coloursfall - Aella the Mascedga
Dar - Shawn the Infrit
Nidote - Kammy the Nidoran (F)
Crookedstar - Frost the Glaceon

Reserved:

Last edited:
Re: Pokémon - Legends of Hoenn

Name: Jacen
Species: Rogastar
Fakemon/Altered Appearance:
Rogastar is the last evolution of Rogon, the ninja Pokemon. He stands human-form 6'2'' and is covered in a black ninja suit. The only features you can see of his skin are yellow eyes and silver skin visible in the eye slots of his mask. His suit has silver X across its chest and he has arm-blades that come out of his wrists (similar to Wolverine)
Personality: Jacen is forever loyal to his friends. He likes to have fun, though can get serious in an instant. He won't hesitate to protect his friends. Also, at night he turns, well, slightly evil.
History: Jacen was raised by a Lucario who found him orphaned as a Rogon in the Gildor League. The Lucario trained him up until he evolved into a Rogetta. Being that Rogetta leave their pact at that age, the Lucario let him go. Jacen trained himself how to fight. Jacen eventually arrived in the Hoenn League where he evolved into Rogastar and learned how to control ki
Other: Rogastar has a mysterious ability where at night he is a Dark/Fighting type, but during the day he is a Psychic/Fighting.
His signature move is Shadow Dash, wherein he disappears in a cloud of darkness. Before the opponent has time to respond, it is cut up repeatedly by the invisible Rogastar. After the barrage of slices, there is a slim chance that Rogastar may hit the opponent with a final knock-out blow. Shadow dash is a dark-type move and has a 100 base power and 95% accuracy.
He also knows a move called Iron Fist. It’s a steel-type move that inflicts a 100 base power. In using this, Rogastar coats his fist into pure steel and hits the opponent with a huge uppercut. There is a chance for a Pokémon to be confused afterwards.

Name Flora
Species Floraire
Personality Timid, but brave, she is a great friend to be around and won't hesitate to protect her friends. She also loves to heal.
Fakemon Description
Floaraire is the Solar Bird Pokemon and the evolved form of Ivrial. It is about the size of a Pidgeot with emerald green wings and forest-green body. During the spring, Floraire has a small red flower growing on her head.
History Flora grew most of her life in the Hoenn, though she was told she comes from the Gildor Region. She met Jacen, the Rogastar after evolving into a Floraire and sorta has a friendship with him. She would often heal his wounds after a fight or training.
Other
When performing a Solar Beam, she would often fly up above the clouds to quicken the charging time. She also does Razor Leaf and Leaf storm by flapping her wings. She does Leech Seed by dropping the seed down on the opponent.

Last edited:

If you'll put a personality, you're golden. If you're going to PO his personality, at least give a hint to it still, please.

I've been meaning to start rp-ing for a while, and this seems as good a time as any right?

Name: Kerroi

Species: Pilfica

Fakemon/Altered Appearance: Pilfica are small, black birds with gleaming white spots near their wing elbows, and similarly colored dots in a line from chest to stomach, decreasing in size from about 1". They have dark, beady eyes, and a medium length beak, great for snatching up objects. Their talons are sharp and quick to 'borrow' objects from passerby. However, they are all songbirds at heart, and their music is truly a sound to behold. They are 0.3 m tall, and 'weigh' 1.8 kg.

Personality: Kerroi always seems a bit light-headed, chattering insistently, or stopping to preen himself at inopportune times. As with all Pilfica, Kerroi will steal just about anything he can get his talons on, and is easily distracted by shiny objects. He doesn't realize that not everyone appreciates a good insult, and will frequently mock both friends and foes, for seemingly no real reason. When left to his own devices, he will often start to sing or screech either inarticulate words, or catchy tunes, but is capable of coherent speech when addressed. He is rather cowardly and somewhat vain and self-centered. He will readily sacrifice strangers or acquaintances for his own survival, but once he takes a liking to you, if he does at all, he is fiercely loyal, and will stand up for this friend even at personal risk.

History (optional): Kerroi's nest was attacked by a group of Sneasel when he was a young age. During this raid, he fell from the nest and got a rather nasty bump on the head. From this point on, he's been alone, and a little... different.

Other:
Mock
Damage: --, Acc: 100, PP:10, Category: Status, Type:Dark
Kerroi mocks the target's pitiful attempts to hurt him, causing it to take a step back and rethink its strategy.
Target is forced to use only non-damaging moves for the next 3-5 turns. Negates and is negated by Taunt.

Also, should I put down, or give you moves available to all Pilfica?

The type Pilfica is would be good to know, and yeah, a general list. You don't have to put all the specific moves, though.

Okay, I finished editing my form and added Flora. (the server was busy previously, so I couldn't get my form for Jacen finished)

The type Pilfica is would be good to know, and yeah, a general list. You don't have to put all the specific moves, though.

Stinks. You get the whole nine yards.

Level Up Moves
-- Screech
-- Peck
03 Quick Attack
07 Flatter
10 Sing
14 Wing Attack
17 Snatch
21 Thief
24 Pluck
28 Taunt, Mock
31 Mimic
35 Aerial Ace
38 Roost
42 Nasty Plot
45 Foul Play
49 Hyper Voice
52 Steelwing
56 Baton Pass
59 Pay Day
63 Perish Song

Egg Moves
Snarl
Chatter
Synchronoise
Sucker Punch
Curse
Lucky Chant
Mean Look
Tailwind
Whirlwind

I'll spare you the Tm/Hm and Tutor moves since some are specific to my region, but the above should do anyways.

Pilfica are Norml-Flying. (They're the starting bird)

Also, if there will be battling, how will it be conducted?

EDIT: I forgot his ability... Tis Pickpocket

Last edited:

screw it i'll join

Name: Aella
Species: Mascedga

Fakemon/Altered Appearance: Aella is fairly standard for her species, her body strong, lithe, and powerful, her short legs tipped in sharp claws, and the mane around her neck bristling with grass-like feathers. Her mask is a dark brown, and she has the standard red markings, though in more abundance than average, fully surrounding her eyes and mouth.She has a few white spots on her body, instead of just at her tail tip. As she is rather old, she bears a few battlescars, but they're not terribly noticeable unless you were to look very closely at her thick skin. She is also a very large creature, being old.

Personality: Aella is a clever beast, and very forceful and brave, not taking shit from anyone. She is a very good battler and an even better hunter, especially in the forest. She is also rather rude, though, and very proud.

History: Aella is from a place far away from Hoenn, from a region that borders on Unova. She was born a long, long time ago in a very odd place - the Tree of Dreams. A trainer had made a wish for a Pokemon there, and so she had been crated just for him. He took her back to his home in the Cedar forests of Kandia, and they lived there a long time, Aella hiding in the trees that legends state her people were carved from to hunt food, and the trainer caring for her. After she had evolved to her final form after many many years and the young trainer was an adult man, the pair came to Hoenn. They then stayed there for a long time, but then came the day that Aelle's trainer passed away.

The Dragon type didn't take this very well, and fled to the forests around Fortree, hiding there for many many years and growing larger and larger as time went on, as dragons are wont to do. She finally emerged when she felt the tremors...

Other: Aella has her Dream Ability - Multiscale.

All accepted. Dar Reserved

Edit: On battling, it's going to be either one attack per person and then a response, repeat, or person, response, person, response. Pretty much turn based, either way. When making an attack, make it as a whole described action instead of just "X flaps their wings and swirls up a gust." or something. It doesn't have to be elaborate, but maybe something like, "X readies themselves, flying up higher, spreading their wings wide. X then flaps their wings quickly, agitating the air in front of X and catching Y in a swirling gust." Using "wing" and "flying" references to make an example with how your character might work. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

All accepted. Dar Reserved

Edit: On battling, it's going to be either one attack per person and then a response, repeat, or person, response, person, response. Pretty much turn based, either way. When making an attack, make it as a whole described action instead of just "X flaps their wings and swirls up a gust." or something. It doesn't have to be elaborate, but maybe something like, "X readies themselves, flying up higher, spreading their wings wide. X then flaps their wings quickly, agitating the air in front of X and catching Y in a swirling gust." Using "wing" and "flying" references to make an example with how your character might work. Hope that helps.

Gotcha. Thanks.

I wanna reserve a spot.... but just a lil' question. What if you use an existing species that's slightly different (sort of like adapting/mutating over time)?

Also, can we just use pokemon from Pokemon Factory?

EDIT: Eh, I'll just use one anyway.

Name: Shawn
Species: Infrit
Infrit.gif

Am I allowed to just use the image?
Personality:
Unlike most of his species, Shawn is very caring and loyal to others. However, despite this, he is brutal on the battlefield, not letting anything get in his way. Other than this, PO.
History (optional):
Other:
Shawn is close to evolving.

All mves that are original to PF have links attached.
Level-Up Moves
-- Pound
-- Growl
-- SmokeScreen
09 Ember
14 Poison Gas
17 Crimson Daze
24 Will-O-Wisp
28 Wish
34 Shadow Punch
38 Fire Punch
44 Healing Wish
48 Shadow Ball
54 Destiny Bond
58 Flare Blitz

Egg Moves
Astonish
Confuse Ray
Disable
Encore
Flame Wheel
Grudge
Hypnosis
Infernoblaze
Inflame
Phantasm
Scorch
Spite

Last edited:

Dar: Yeah, the Pokemon you chose is fine. As I said, Fakemon work. I didn't say they HAD to be ones you made up.

You can use the image, but the image is broken to me right now. Also, there's an image in your link to the Pokemon, though having one on this page would help.

To those with only one char, you can make another if you want. Limit is 2.

Right... I think my post there was missed. Just gonna have to charge in head-first.:P

Name: Kammy
Species: Nidoran (F)
2cypr95.jpg
Kammy also has a slight purple hue and is generally very plump. Is about 2"03 tall.
Personality: Kammy is curious as a kit, not really knowing what may or may not be a threat to her. She's active, but a huge glutton. Kammy tends to get bored easily and will deliberately stalk and pounce species that are prey to her, only to immediately let them go for fun. She's easy to talk to and very trusting, usually having her spines tucked away though she doesn't realize that this tends to make her vulnerable to predators.
History (optional): Kammy hasn't really had much of a history. However, her entire species has changed over time, going from small herbivorous prey animals to larger carnivorous creatures that take full advantage of their quick reflexes and deadly venom.
Other: A lot of traits from Kammy's warren had inherited traits mostly from Sneasel and Ekans. Their paws conceal a single, huge retractable claw specialized both for quickly killing prey and slicing open the shells of Kakuna and Metapod, in order to get at the actual bug inside. From Ekans came the ability to freely detach their lower jaw in order to eat prey or eggs whole. Their movesets and abilities remain the same but they grow much slower, becoming Nidorina/Nidorino at level 30 and Nidoking/Queen at level 55.

That any good?

Last edited:

Sorry, I did miss your post. My bad.

Yeah, that's fine. You're accepted.

Also, I didn't say it my last post, but you're accepted too, Dar. Just see if you can possibly get the image here, it doesn't work for me.

Understood, it was a small post so I guess it was easy to miss between all the others and Dar's post. :3

Okay, I'll try to get an image in. Maybe I could get a picture of its dex entry or something.

All good then.

I'll probably open the RP thread tomorrow. Busy today. Still open to add characters/join though, for people already signed up/interested in joining. Remember, character limit is 2.

Last edited:

Ohh I see the problem. Due to a glitch/April Fools joke the image was put at a different part of the site.
Here's a new image:
005.gif

Yep, I got the dex entry. Beat DAT.
EDIT: Wait a minute: Now i can see the image. Weird.

Back
Top Bottom