• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sprites!Mafia [Game]

Mai

Banned
Sending out role PMs! After that, night will start. A copy/paste of the rules:

- Pick a character to roleplay that has at least three sprites/images you can use for discussion. If you can't think of any series that would fit that, suggestions: characters from Dangan Ronpa, Phoenix Wright, and Homestuck will all probably work.
- Classifying this game as very loosely roleplaying. (Remember Homestuck Troll Mafia?) Playing along is fun! I'll be flavoring the text according.
- Three abstains per game.
- 48 hour phases, save for the first night, which will be 72.
- No out-of-thread communication unless stated in your role PM.

With an additional: do not quote your role PM. Paraphrasing is fine.

Everyone should have their role PMs by now! If anyone has any questions or didn't get their role, PM me.

Night starts on Crossoverville. All sprites go to their pixelated-in-various-style homes, but each is filled with a sense of foreboding that not all all of them will stay there...

Night has begun. It will end in 72 hours.

Each sprite awakes, some more aware than others. Somewhat wary, they approach the village square, feeling a sense of foreboding as they wait for the others to arrive... and they all do, some looking bright and energetic, and some appearing like they need a nap. Neverless, they all begin to discuss.

Day has begun. It will end in 48 hours.

8z3fuv.png

I can transform into a real helpful list, duh!

1. I liek Squirtles - Hanbei (Pokémon Conquest) Apollo Justice (Ace Attorney series)
2. Vanilla Mongoose - Godot (Ace Attorney series)
3. Ether's Bane - Vriska Serket (Homestuck)
4. Tailsy - Chiaki Nanami (Dangan Ronpa series)
5. Alligates - Aoi Asahina (Dangan Ronpa series)
6. Metallica Fanboy - The Blob (Clayfighter series)
7. Majora - Clippy (Microsoft Office) Sunflora (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series)
8. hopeandjoy - Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney series)
9. Eifie - Henry (Fire Emblem series)
10. DarkAura - Corpish (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series)

epovw7.png

How's that, duh? I think it looks ax-ceptable.

2dbnxj7.png

Hmmm, no one bit the clay today, duh. We sure got lucky.

Good morning! How's everyone doing?

Apollo_Pointing_2.gif

Apollo: Hanbei, get out of here! Squirtles picked me! Shoo!
Hanbei: Alright, alright, I'm leaving! Sheesh!

Apollo_Sweating_4.gif

Damn Hanbei, always ruining everything. About time we started!

Apollo_and_Document_2.gif

No deaths could mean one of two things:

1) Inactive mafia,

-or-

2) Doctor or Roleblocker choosing the Mafia's target, or the Mafia themselves in the Roleblocker's case.

Apollo_Normal_2.gif

I'm not leaning towards one or the other. Thoughts?

2i8gf20.png

Maybe somebody blocked the attack, duh.

Like they're "bulletproof".... or something like that.

30k52t0.png

But unless anybody's got something to say, your guess is as good as mine, buddy.

qq94x0.png

Let's keep an eye out!

tumblr_inline_mp639a85uc1qz4rgp.png

ah... good morning, everyone. it's nice... [YAWN] to see everyone at breakfast this morning...

tumblr_inline_mp639yIIxM1qz4rgp.png

although it doesn't give us any leads to go on. i'm not sure it's too likely the mafia are inactive. i think we need to go on the assumption that the mafia definitely attempted a kill: that way i think makes more sense. after all, what's the point in playing such a game if you're not going to at least start it off properly? that doesn't seem like a very good strategy, and i don't think anyone's been especially inactive recently.

although i didn't turn up any information last night and this is a guess, i think it's more likely that we had a successful roleblock or a doctor heal. which is always nice to see on day one, don't... you think... ?

tumblr_inline_mp63amcGGb1qz4rgp.png

5%28140%29.png

Yes! No one died last night... Let's keep up the good work and eat donuts!!

5%28129%29.png

I agree with the Blob and Mr. Justice! But, since the night was so long... wouldn't the mafia have time to send in their action? I think it must have been blocked somehow...

5%28130%29.png

I didn't see you there, Nanami-san. Sorry! ...Oh no, don't fall asleep!

2rqkmrl.png

Hey hey, everybody! What'd I miss?

2rqkmrl.png

No deaths? Nice! It's always great to see people and Pokemon and a clay-thing all alive!

2rqkmrl.png

What'dya mean I'm not showing any happiness? Does this look anything but happy? Hey hey!

(Ugh, next time, I'm picking Bidoof)

(okay, whoa, that imaging code completely failed. What'd I have wrong with the URL?)

2rqkmrl.png

So, what's the game plan for today, hey hey!

(If this works, then it must be because of the 'www.' part I had to omit)

Apollo_Thinking_2.gif

Chiaki and Aoi raise good points. However, there is also the possibility of an alien being activated.

(next time go to Advanced, DA. Makes sure the sprites are visible.)

Apollo_and_Document_2.gif

This would mean that it's either a role that prevented the Mafia from hitting their target, or a role that protects against kills in general, such as a bulletproof or an alien.

2m7i3at.png

Aliens, bulletproofs, doctor... Sheesh! And to think I actually miss Treasure Town! At least there I didn't have to worry about becoming a Corphish-kabob!

2rqkmrl.png

Okay, okay. So we're kind of sure that there was something that prevented the mafia from faintin' us, but that's all we know, right? Isn't it too early to be getting us some helpful info? What should we do, hey hey!

(got them working! That was a lot more trouble than it was worth, aha ha!)

tumblr_inline_mp63a04Xu51qz4rgp.png

i guess it's not too out of the ordinary that an alien could be activated. but from the flavour text this morning, it doesn't seem like anything especially strange went on last night. of course that's not always indicative of there definitely being no alien, but looks like everything went smoothly for the most part.

tumblr_inline_mp63b6uxrI1qz4rgp.png

so i think we should stick with the roleblock/heal idea. it's the nicest one, anyway... i think...

lolhenry2.png

Yay, bloo--

lolhenry3.png

Oh...

lolhenry.png

I mean, that's hex-cellent! And now we have absolutely no idea what happened! Let's list out the usual hundred or so possibilities!

Ha ha! I guess you've all beaten me to the punch.

lolhenry2.png

Ooh, what happens now?

Tailsy;634815[img said:
http://media.tumblr.com/4780f7e6294c1cda147bfe26eeaba6d1/tumblr_inline_mp639yIIxM1qz4rgp.png[/img]

although it doesn't give us any leads to go on. i'm not sure it's too likely the mafia are inactive. i think we need to go on the assumption that the mafia definitely attempted a kill: that way i think makes more sense. after all, what's the point in playing such a game if you're not going to at least start it off properly? that doesn't seem like a very good strategy, and i don't think anyone's been especially inactive recently.
35aiu02.png

We can't assume it happened but it's still a possibility, duh. I mean, who knows, you humans are weird.

2rqkmrl.png

No deaths? Nice! It's always great to see people and Pokemon and a clay-thing all alive!
2weaqdt.png

What do you mean not everything here is just clay???????

Apollo_Thinking_2.gif

Chiaki and Aoi raise good points. However, there is also the possibility of an alien being activated.
905ylz.png

Oooh, someone from another planet, duh?

2h350l5.png

We better be careful about who we hammer, unless we want to look like a bunch of jackasses!

lolhenry.png

I mean, that's hex-cellent!
2nqwgv9.png

I hope you're not wanting to muscle into my territory there, buddy.

ah... do you think maybe now that we've established more or less everything we know, since i don't think anyone will be willing to roleclaim so early, it would be a good time to vote? blob-san raises a good point that we can't be completely sure it's not an activated alien, so...

i know nobody ever wants to start a vote, but it's better sooner than later... maybe...

tumblr_inline_mp63a3NYO21qz4rgp.png

i think abstaining is the best way to go, of course. no lynch.

godot-forward(b).gif

I don't have much to add here. There's little we can assume at this point unless we all decide to claim, and that's not really the wisest plan of action.

So, for now at least, abstaining may be our only course of action.

2dbnxj7.png

I was waiting for everyone to say something before getting this wagon on the road, but I guess we're only just missing two right now anyways, duh.

2nqwgv9.png

Let's abstain.

5%28119%29.png

Yeah, I think the best thing to do right now is to abstain. But...

5%28138%29.png

Even though it didn't sound like an alien was activated... the mafia still have to kill the person they tried to kill last night, just in case. Then, if the doctor heals the person they healed last night and the roleblocker blocks the person they blocked last night... No one's gonna die! And if it really was an alien, that's good for us too!

5%28123%29.png

Apollo_Thinking_4.gif

I really didn't wanna abstain since I'm very frugal with things in limited quantities, but since we're at a loss for leads, I guess we have to abstain.

Back
Top Bottom