• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Lilypad vs. Zero Moment

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
[size=+2]Lilypad vs Zero Moment[/size]

Format:2v2 singles
Style:Switch
DQ:1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO and direct recovery
Arena Description: We are playing... in a giant litter box. That's right, a giant litter box. Of course the trainers are standing outside of it, and besides it's clean anyway... right? Ground and rock type attacks are boosted 3%. Obvious cat types (Skitty, Purrloin, Meowth, Glameow, maybe more) gain 1.2x speed.

Lilypad's active squad

cyndaquil Cyndarella the female Cyndaquil <Blaze> @ Charcoal
fletchling Twitchwing the female Fletchling <Gale Wings> @ Sharp Beak
meowth Rex the male Meowth <Technician> @ Silk Scarf

Zero Moment's active squad

cleffa Eurastar the female Cleffa <Magic Guard> @ Magmarizer
deino Pyralspite the female Deino <Hustle> @ Dusk Stone
lampent Umbra the male Lampent <Flash Fire> @ Wise Glasses
snivy Venus the female Snivy <Contrary>
vulpix Rasvata the female Vulpix <Flash Fire> @ Destiny Knot
shinx Leafpaw the male Shinx <Intimidate>
vanillite Zephyr the male Vanillite <Ice Body>
rufflet Rufflet the male Rufflet <Keen Eye>
joltik Joltik the female Joltik <Compound Eyes>
goomy Sinh the female Goomy <Gooey> @ Draco Plate

Next up:
-Lilypad sends out a Pokémon
-Zero Moment sends out a Pokémon and issues commands
-Lilypad issues commands
-I ref

C'mon, Rex, let's go!

(Oh and should I specify my second now?)

Last edited:
Go, Leafpaw!

You are a strong and intimidating lion, and your opponent is just a house cat! Prove your dominance with an Eerie Impulse. Then, rough 'im up a bit with a Thief. Finally, Double Kick.
If your opponent uses Dig, use Magnet Rise, if you haven't done so already.
If at any point you're Taunted and it interferes with your other orders, spam Charge Beam.

Eerie Impulse/Magnet Rise/Charge Beam ~ Thief/Magnet Rise/Charge Beam ~ Double Kick/Magnet Rise/Charge Beam

Alrighty, Rex, guess what we're doing today!

*Rex looks up confusedly at Lilypad*

*Rex begins to dig a hole*

No, Rex! For the time being this is not a bathroom. This is an arena! We're battling today!

*Rex perks up*

Alright, so, I guess you better drop a small Substitute in that nice hole you just made. After that, Protect yourself and your scarf - don't want that stolen, now! Your little buddy Mini Rex will take care of that for you. Now it's time to give Leafpaw a swift kick in the pants. Show that Shinx what a Meowth can do! Next, clear your throat and start singing. I honestly don't care what it is, Happy Birthday or Nightmare by Avenged Sevenfold. Actually, let's go with Reincarnate - Motionless in White. Nothing like some good old punk rock if you're going to damage the foe with a song.

Substitute (10%) ~ Swift, original was Protect if I'm not allowed to edit ~ Round

Last edited:
Round 1
Lilypad(OO)
Currently out: Rex
n2ya6e.gif

Male Meowth [Technician] @ Silk Scarf
Health: 100% / Energy: 100%
Condition: Attempting to find treasure in the sands.
Commands: Substitute (10%) ~ Swift ~ Round

Zero Moment (OO)
Currently out: Leafpaw
2r5pxg3.gif

Male Shinx [Intimidate]
Health: 100% / Energy: 100%
Condition: A lynx, not a lion, damn it.
Commands: Eerie Impulse/Magnet Rise/Charge Beam ~ Thief/Magnet Rise/Charge Beam ~ Double Kick/Magnet Rise/Charge Beam

Arena:
We are playing... in a giant litter box. That's right, a giant litter box. Of course the trainers are standing outside of it, and besides it's clean anyway... right? Ground and rock type attacks are boosted 3%. Obvious cat types (Skitty, Purrloin, Meowth, Glameow, maybe more) gain 1.2x speed.
Arena status: Unchanged.

-----​

Somewhere out there, there's a giant cat who makes giant poop. We don't want to know. But there's no inconvenient place that won't turn into an arena for Asber, and while battling atop the cat itself has not yet struck anyone's fancy, its litterbox became the site of a battle.

To best fit the mood, and supposedly to tempt fate with the prospect of fecal hazards, the trainers Lilypad and Zero Moment each sent out a feline Pokémon. The former's, a more domesticated housecat, had to be stopped from immediately making great business deals on the battlefield, although apparently he was just really digging for gold. The latter, a matter of least concern, was more feral and would only see the ground below as a number two-star resort if sheer instict had that idea. After all preventive sanitation ensued, the battle began.

Moving very nimbly, Rex seemed to be playing in the sand again -- but the truth is, he was fashioning a small neko-mane doll out of it. A raised paw for good luck and everything. And it suddenly came to life when its creator applied his coin to its forehead. Just as soon as it was done, Leafpaw arrived to land an attack: he started crackling and vibrating with electricity, sending ripples towards his opponent. But the Substitute stood against the waves, and they seemed to do little more to the simple lifeform than slightly displace the sand of its buildup.

Safe behind his protector, the Meowth started to attack. He stretched a paw out, and suddenly, the coin stared to shimmer intensely, and then, from it, five-pointed rays of light started to stream in a wide arc.

While he was being pummeled by the attack, the Shinx noticed something peculiar: the sleek white scarf tied tight around his foe's neck was also radianting white. It almost seemed to be the source of the attack's power -- and so, without further ado, he set out the mug the object. He closed his eyes, rammed forward, and once he hit something, he swiped his claw and took hold of something... For a moment, he thought he had the scarf, but he had simply taken a likeness of it from the Subsititute, which uselessly crumbled away from his paws.

The real article would start shimmering again as Rex took a deep breath. His entire body started glow, and then, he started to meow in rhythm. The sound of his song reverbated through the entire arena, making the sand move up and down here and there -- and more to the point, it shook his target's entire body, like standing too close to an amp.

Gazing odiously at the Silk Scarf, Leafpaw advanced again. The sandy neko-mane stood in his way, but he was having none of it -- he swung his legs into the figure, shattering it whole in a single blow, and then used the momentum to deliver a hind kick straight into the creator of it. Rex was sent flying straight upwards, and was thankful to land on the soft sand.

The end of the round was then signaled, but the two Pokémon stll eyed each other fiercely.

Round 1 – End

Lilypad(OO)
n2ya6e.gif

Health: 85% / Energy: 91%
Condition: Nooo! The precious bringer of fortune, dismantled!
Performed: Substitute (10%) ~ Swift ~ Round

Rex's Substitute
6zocqb.gif

Health: 0%

Zero Moment (OO)
2r5pxg3.gif

Male Shinx [Intimidate]
Health: 74% / Energy: 90%
Condition: Must have stupid scarf.
Performed: Eerie Impulse (no effect) ~ Thief ~ Double Kick​

Additional notes:
- Double Kick on the third action broke the Substitute at the first hit, and then struck Rex at the second.
- Lilypad commands first next round.

Last edited:
Question: why is my attack raised? As far as I know nothing I / ZM did raised it. ( Also, the damage dealt seems a bit low: did you still account for Technician and my Scarf? Maybe I'm just mathing wrong though. My mathing goes:

Base power of Swift/Round [both same, doesn't matter]: 6%.

(Quote from database page: "Technician: ...As a result, for all attacks ordinarily base 60 power or less, the base power is multiplied by 1.5 in addition to all other multipliers. For example, if a Scyther with Technician were to use Aerial Ace, the attack's base power would be considered 90 instead of 60.") So it becomes 9%.

STAB: 9/4 = 2% extra for 11%

Scarf: +2 for 13% per move.

Which totals to 26% damage dealt total. [Assuming you ref according to the damage and energy guide]. I assume you just forgot to include technician, since without that it amounts to what you put up. But since 82% health and 74% health are kinda big differences, I wanted to point this out.Thanks for dealing with my nitpicking! :P)

Last edited:
Rex's Attack is lowered, actually, due to Intimidate.

And also, you're right, I freaking forgot about Technician, ugh. I'll fix that in a jiffy, hang on.

EDIT: There, it's fixed.

Ah, I see, thank you for clearing that up.

My commands will be out as soon as I tripzillion check them for errors.

Great job, Rex!

Now, listen closely - there are some specific things I want you to do.

If all goes well, I want you to set up another small substitute, and sing two rounds.

If during the second or third turns that stupid excuse for a lion is going to try to steal your scarf, just dig in the litter where he can't find you. If you do it in the second turn, stay underground until he makes a move in the third turn. If you have to do it in the third turn, make it go you dig - Leafpathetic tries to thief - you come up. Don't worry about spending the extra energy, you got this.

If the wimp ever tries to protect himself, just use Feint.

He is not getting your scarf, Rex. Never.

Substitute(10%) ~Round/Dig/Feint ~ Round/Dig/Feint

(In case you haven't gotten the hint yet, ZM, you cannot have my scarf. I raised those silkworms myself. Do you know how long it takes to raise silkworms?)

Pfft we don't even need that ratty scarf. Put up a Light Screen to eliminate the damage from his terrible singing. Then, bring the lightning with a Thunderbolt, then a Discharge.

Light Screen ~ Thunderbolt ~ Discharge

Round 2
Lilypad(OO)
n2ya6e.gif

Health: 85% / Energy: 91%
Condition: Nooo! The precious bringer of fortune, dismantled!
Commands: Substitute (10%) ~ Round/Dig/Feint ~ Round/Dig/Feint

Zero Moment (OO)
2r5pxg3.gif

Male Shinx [Intimidate]
Health: 74% / Energy: 90%
Condition: Must have stupid scarf.
Commands: Light Screen ~ Thunderbolt ~ Dischage

Arena:
We are playing... in a giant litter box. That's right, a giant litter box. Of course the trainers are standing outside of it, and besides it's clean anyway... right? Ground and rock type attacks are boosted 3%. Obvious cat types (Skitty, Purrloin, Meowth, Glameow, maybe more) gain 1.2x speed.

-----​

Between rounds, Rex's stupid scarf turned into sour grapes for Zero Moment's team. If they couldn't have it, then bleh, look at that silly thing. It's so vanilla. No points for wearing something like that. A chimp could wear it. A cat could- well.

Rex was still more concerned about charms with which to aid in his search for great fortune in the sands, and in fact, as soon as the match resumed, he set about fashioning himself a new idol of good luck, same paw raised and everything. With that, he could resume his hustle for treasure.

But Leafpaw would rain on this party yet again soon. First, his fur started to shine bright, and the light would then detach itself and take the form of a lustrous barrier. Then, after getting set, he let out a cry and unleashed a wicked bolt straight into the Substitute, causing it to burst into countless many grains of sand being sprayed in all directions.

Seeing yet another omen of fortune casually destroyed, Rex cursed his fate, meowing at the sky the cat analagous for a NOOOOOOOO scream. He then began to sing a calm requiem for the lost Substitute... which slowly escalated into a high-pitch, high-vollume emo screamer, once more booming all over the arena with amplified power from the Silk Scarf.

Unlike the trainers and referee, Leafpaw had yet a means to withstand this unbearable dirge: he kept his massive ears pressed against the Light Screen, keeping much of the noise blocked out. It was almost like being on the other side of the soundproof screen while that awful band records their song, if only they were loud enough that they'd still be pounding your chair with tremors. Unfettered by the opponent's move, the Shinx continued to attack as well, unleashing all of his stored electric energy into a massive sweeping wave.

For a moment, being struck had Rex quiet, but he just picked up right where left off. The reverbations from his intense song were beginning to even spill sand out of the edges of the arena and into the, uh, giant tile floor outside? Let's not let this train of thought land in "giant poop" station again.

Round 2 – End

Lilypad(OO)
n2ya6e.gif

Health: 65% / Energy: 82%
Condition: Do you ever feel like breaking down because they keep breaking down?
Performed: Substitute (10%) ~ Round ~ Round

Rex's Substitute
6zocqb.gif

Health: 0%

Zero Moment (OO)
2r5pxg3.gif

Male Shinx [Intimidate]
Health: 62% / Energy: 77%
Condition: Am I glad that he's muted in there, and that we're out here... and that he's the sheriff, and that we're soundproof out here... and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. But what I wanna know is where's the caveman?
Performed: Light Screen ~ Thunderbolt ~ Discharge​

Arena status: A Light Screen is on Zero Moment's side of the field (3 more actions). A small amount of sand from the edges of the box has already been dislodged.

Additional notes:
- Thunderbolt on the second action broke Rex's Substitute. Again.
- Zero Moment commands first next round.

Alright, Leafpaw, it's going to be simple this round. Use Night Slash, Charge Beam, then Spark. If Rex is Biding or you can otherwise not hit him at any time, Charge. If you're put to sleep, Sleep Talk.

Night Slash/Charge/Sleep Talk~Charge Beam/Charge/Sleep Talk~Spark/Charge/Sleep Talk

Barely got here before the DQ warning. Yippee.

So, Rex, we do not need that overgrown housecat charging, and don't you want to make him pay for ruining your priceless fortune items? Taunt him a bit - I've surely given you enough insults to hurl at him throughout the course of this battle. And you are surely creative enough to come up with more on your own.

Then, we need to dig underneath and stay down so we can dodge those fancy lightningbolts. I dunno what he'll try to do but he'll be taunted, so he can't charge.

After he tries to attack again (and fails,) go ahead and come up. But do this last.

Taunt ~ Dig ~ Finish Dig (last)

Sorry for the massive delay, folks.

Round 3
Lilypad(OO)
n2ya6e.gif

Health: 65% / Energy: 82%
Condition: Do you ever feel like breaking down because they keep breaking down?
Commands: Taunt ~ Dig (down) ~ Dig (up, wait)

Zero Moment (OO)
2r5pxg3.gif

Male Shinx [Intimidate]
Health: 62% / Energy: 77%
Condition: Am I glad that he's muted in there, and that we're out here... and that he's the sheriff, and that we're soundproof out here... and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. But what I wanna know is where's the caveman?
Commands: Night Slash/Charge/Sleep Talk ~ Charge Beam/Charge/Sleep Talk ~ Spark/Charge/Sleep Talk

Arena:
Arena status: A Light Screen is on Zero Moment's side of the field (3 more actions). A small amount of sand from the edges of the box has already been dislodged.

-----​

Leafpaw had kept himself safe and sound from sounds in the previous round, but his barrier could only protect against force -- it was little help against venom, such as that which Rex employed when talking about his marvelous scarf and how it was pithy for such a worthless, unsophisticated being to even consider pulling this off, let alone pulling this off somebody's neck. The Shinx pretended not to be wound up, but it was only so he could leap out of the blue for a ruthless swipe of his sharp claws. After this little trick, however, all sign of sublety was gone from his being as he roared and pawed therateningly at the ground.

Before he could unleash his rage again, however, his mark plunged into the soft sand, disappearing into it. He roared and growled and battered the spot that had been dug into, but it was no use. He could have taken the time out for a more strategical move, but he set his mind into pursuit and failed badly at it.

Meanwhile, Rex eagerly swam through the sands, eager to finally be on the lookout for treasure... But, as he moved into the deep, the grains above slid to seal the entrance to his path. His interperid endeavor grew dangerous, it seemed. However, much as he dug, he could find no treasure, and was left to exit before it became airtight in the space that he was occupying. And so, he desperately pawed upwards, and happened to ram straight into his enraged foe as he did.

Leafpaw felt a wave of relief in being able to hit the opponent again, even though that mean referee ended the round just as he was about to do that. Still, somehow that little change was all it took for him to take a breather, and maybe strike down revenge with a little more proper pacing.

Round 3 – End

Lilypad(OO)
n2ya6e.gif

Health: 59% / Energy: 75%
Condition: Itching to get back in there and find that damn treasure.
Performed: Taunt ~ Dig (down) ~ Dig (up, wait)

Zero Moment (OO)
2r5pxg3.gif

Male Shinx [Intimidate]
Health: 52% / Energy: 68%
Condition: Itching to get back in there and beat that damn Meowth up.
Performed: Night Slash ~ Struggle (missed) ~ Struggle (missed)​

Arena status: A small amount of sand from the edges of the box has already been dislodged. A good amount of sand in the area that the battlers are on has been dislodged into uneveness, but the tunnel that Rex dug through has already sank into solid shape again.

Additional notes:
- Leafpaw could not use Charge as commanded in actions two and three, and ended up Struggling instead.
- Both Struggles missed as Rex was underground.
- Lilypad commands first next round.

Last edited:
Okay, um, shit. Round spam? Round spam.

Round each action, unless if he's protecting go with Feint, and if you can't hit him for a reason other than he's protecting/detecting, then Pay Day. I am /broke./

Round/Feint/Pay Day x3

Back
Top Bottom