• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dragon vs Noctowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

shy ♡

whispers in gay
Format: 2vs2 single
Style: Set
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healing moves, chills, Destiny Bond, Attract
Terrain: a large cavern

A cavern of immense size. The ceiling is roughly 20 stories high, and the room is maybe 500m square. The walls and ceiling are unnaturally smooth and polished, making it impossible for these to be held onto in any way. Odd glowing stones that cast enough light to see by are embedded in the walls.

For all intents and purposes this is a Sky Battle, so only flying/hovering Pokemon can be used. The battling Pokemon start roughly in the centre of the room, about 10 stories in the air.

Additional Notes: Moves that require natural resources such as water or rocks/earth will fail. Intentionally landing is not allowed, and from the starting position, it takes 3 actions of falling to hit the ground if a Pokemon becomes unable to fly/hover (The ref can decide the effects of this).

First stage (out of two or three is fine) Pokemon only!

[size=+2]Dragon vs Noctowl[/size]

Dragon's active squad

weavile Frozen the female Weavile <Pressure> @ Dread Plate
togekiss Ashglade the male Togekiss <Serene Grace>
sharpedo ed'Rashtekaresket the male Sharpedo <Rough Skin>
tropius Rosethorn the female Tropius <Chlorophyll>
vulpix Sansa the female Vulpix <Flash Fire> @ Fire Stone
scraggy Vuvuzuru the female Scraggy <Shed Skin> @ Lucky Egg
taillow Dees the female Taillow <Guts>
fletchling Fletchling the female Fletchling <Gale Wings>
noibat Macaroon the female Noibat <Infiltrator> @ Eviolite
torchic Beatrice the female Torchic <Blaze>

Noctowl's active squad

oshawott Robbie the male Oshawott <Torrent>
woobat Muffin the male Woobat <Unaware>
sandile Snap the female Sandile <Moxie> @ Lucky Egg
gastly Spectre the female Gastly <Levitate>
pichu Sonichu the male Pichu <Static> @ Soothe Bell
buizel Miles 'Tails' Prower the male Buizel <Swift Swim>
cubone Achilles the male Cubone <Rock Head>
goomy Lord Maximus the male Goomy <Hydration>

Noctowl sends out, Dragon sends out and attacks, Noctowl attacks

It is a shame I have only just got my Ruffet, I was hoping to use him. :)

Ah well, I will send out Muffin!

And I'm gonna send out Macaroon!

Make a 10% Substitute, and then use Super Fang until it hits. If Muffin uses Substitute or Double Team at any point, Snatch it. And if he protects from Super Fang, or you've already hit him, use Agility.

Substitute (10%)/Snatch ~ Super Fang/Snatch/Agility ~ Super Fang/Snatch/Agility

We go first, being faster. That's good.

Start out with a taunt, we don't want that sub up. Then thunder wave, as we can do that apparently. Then finish with a charge beam. If for any reason we are unable to use electric type attacks due to lack of resources, just do acrobatics.

Taunt~Thunder wave/Acrobactics~Charge beam/Acrobatics

(sorry, I am not sure if electric attacks would fail, so I covered my bases pretty much here).

a large cavern

A cavern of immense size. The ceiling is roughly 20 stories high, and the room is maybe 500m square. The walls and ceiling are unnaturally smooth and polished, making it impossible for these to be held onto in any way. Odd glowing stones that cast enough light to see by are embedded in the walls.

For all intents and purposes this is a Sky Battle, so only flying/hovering Pokemon can be used. The battling Pokemon start roughly in the centre of the room, about 10 stories in the air.​

Noctowl (Oo)
woobat
Muffin (m) <Unaware>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
- ‘:3’

Dragon (Oo)
noibat
Macaroon (f) <infiltrator>
- ’c:’​

Both bats are released on opposite sides of the cavern, madly falpping their small wings to stay afloat. They eye eachother, wondering if that’s what they actually look like - tiny, fuzzy, big-eared, big-nosed things - before Muffin, rather tactlessly, decides to voice these thoughts. Even worse - he figures he’ll mock Macaroon’s fighting abilities, too - a tiny funny looking bat surely can’t be much of a fighter, eh? Probably a tiny weasel, planning on fleeing first change it gets…

Macaroon gets so infuriated, her face gets all red with anger, she loses all focus on what she was told to do - and instead barrels head-first into the mocking woobat, swinging her tiny wings and gnashing her teeth and whipping her tail so much she surely ends up with some bruises herself. Muffin finally shoves her off of him, flapping wildly to get back up and clear his mind - that didn’t hurt so much as shock the living daylights out of him.

He shakes his little head and concentrates, bringing up tiny sparks of lightning around his fuzzy mane. With a solid flap, the sparks arc towards Macaroon, melting into her black fur, into the muscles, seizing them momentarily; she let out a tiny shriek as she dropped in the air, unable to keep flapping, until the spasm stopped and she thrust her way back up. She had to work twice as hard now - everything was slower - but at least she wasn’t falling.

Creekily, she dove towards Muffin, tiny teeth chattering with fury at her predicament, and she bit down.

The force of a tiny bomb, so hard, the impact stunning both of them; they couldn’t breath, couldn’t see, a white light from Macaroon’s tiny fangs flashing across Muffin, draining his life, spreading in a wave about the cavern. It hurt too much to even scream; Muffin just opened his mouth to silent air.

It felt like minutes they waited, but quite suddenly Macaroon let go, the flashing light disappeared; she kicked off the woobat and swooped back, suddenly exhausted. A gaping bite wound marked Muffin where Macaroon had bit him, slowly dripping blood; Muffin was too stunned, adrenaline keeping him going, to realize how bad it was.

Which was probably good - he still had to keep fighting. He closed his eyes again, summoning up more lightning, a tiny beam of sparking yellow energy zipping towards Macaroon and skimming her on her hide. She glanced down as it smacked her, not overly concerned.

Though most of her fury at the taunting from earlier was faded, she still felt she had to put up one last show, and so was entirely unaware of what her trainer had ordered. Instead she flapped painstakingly back towards Muffin, slamming into his damaged side once more, and earning some new bruises for herself.​

Noctowl (Oo)
woobat
Muffin (m) <Unaware>
Health: 50% (capped)
Energy: 88%
- Not doing too great…

Dragon (Oo)
noibat
Macaroon (f) <infiltrator> @eviolite
Health: 94%
Energy: 61%
- ‘Showed you who to make fun of. :|’ Paralyzed (severe).

Arena Notes:
Everything’s normal.

Final Notes:
  • Macaroon had no attack options so she struggled on the first and third actions.
  • No parahax this round, and no charge beam boost.
  • Taunt wore off after the third action.
  • Noctowl next.

Last edited:
Ah hah, so that's the game, huh?

I can also do super fang, oddly enough! If a protect happens, use calm mind. If taunt happens, just attack with charge beam. Next, lets rack on that status stuff with toxic! Again, if taunted, use charge beam, and if they protect, use calm mind. Then just end with psychic because I am lazy sorry.

Super fang/calm mind/charge beam~Toxic/calm mind/charge beam~Psychic

(Just checking that you factored in Macaroon's Eviolite?)

Aaaaugh I can't believe I forgot about Taunt :U Although. That went surprisingly well, all things considered! So we've got a bit of wiggle room this round.

First.. let's avoid that Super Fang with a Protect. Then return the favour with your own Toxic, and finish with a Tailwind!

If you feel like you can't pull off that Protect because of paralysis, do your best to drop down as fast as you can, and put as much distance between you and Muffin as possible, to try to avoid that Super Fang (you're a bit more aerodynamic than Muffin, so hopefully that'll help?) Then on the second action, use Double Team instead.

Protect/fall ~ Toxic/Double Team ~ Tailwind

a large cavern

For all intents and purposes this is a Sky Battle, so only flying/hovering Pokemon can be used. The battling Pokemon start roughly in the centre of the room, about 10 stories in the air.​

Noctowl (Oo)
woobat
Muffin (m) <Unaware>
Health: 50% (capped)
Energy: 88%
- Not doing too great…

Dragon (Oo)
noibat
Health: 94%
Energy: 61%
- ‘Showed you who to make fun of. :|’ Paralyzed (severe).​

While Muffin waits to see what Macaroon decides to do, the noibat quickly erects a protective shield, agreeing with her trainer that it’s best to avoid another one of those catastrophic bites. It takes Muffin no time to decipher this, and so he closes his eyes, focusing all his spiritual energy as quickly as he can. He feels a bit more ready, though the adrenaline is wearing off, and that giant gaping wound on his side is suddenly becoming clear to him now…

He hacks a bit, gagging, and spits a glob of phlegm at Macaroon just as her shield shimmers away. The poison smacks her across the face, sinking into her skin before she can shake it off - and indeed, she can’t shake at all. She’s suddenly seized by paralysis, only barely able to stay afloat, completely aware of the poisons seeping into her bloodflow as she literally watches it in front of her eyes.

Her attention is suddenly ripped from the toxic as a sudden pain wracks her brain, so intense she has to clench her tiny jaw to stop from screaming. Her muscles finally unclench and she flaps wildly, trying to flee from the pain, but it follows her, focused directly on her mind, a clawing pain like needles inside her skull until it finally lets go - she pants, flaps tiredly, relief flushing her face. Muffin grins; revenge is sweet.

Macaroon keeps panting, flapping her small wings harder and harder, though she stays in place. Only a bat could maneuver so well - flapping so tireleslly, carving the air around her, building up a solid torrent of wind that begins to push at her back. She finally stops her flapping, but the air continues, a billowing gust that allows her to coast without having to flap so hard. She sighs with relief, closing her eyes for a moment to catch her breath.​

Noctowl (Oo)
woobat
Muffin (m) <Unaware>
Health: 50%
Energy: 78%
- ‘That’s just the beginning…’ sp atk/def +1

Dragon (Oo)
noibat
Health: 83%
Energy: 54%
- ‘Lemme rest a bit…’ Paralyzed (severe), poisoned (severe, 1% this round)

Arena Notes:
A tailwind blows behind Dragon’s party (4 more actions).

Final Notes:
  • Macaroon was fully paralyzed on the second action.
  • Dragon next.

Your reffing speed is impressive, pathos :0

Right, put up a 15% Substitute, and then let's wreck with Sky Attack x2, both single action. Use Agility if he protects from Sky Attack, and put up another sub on the last action if yours is gone.

Substitute (15%) ~ Sky Attack/Agility ~ Sky Attack/Agility/Substitute (15%)

Ok, so we have to work around this sub. That's ok.

First, we will use taunt, apparently that goes through sub.
Then we will use skill swap, to get infiltrator.
Then we shall use super fang.

Taunt~Skill swap~Super fang

a large cavern

Noctowl (Oo)
woobat
Muffin (m) <Unaware>
Energy: 78%
- ‘That’s just the beginning…’ sp atk/def +1

Dragon (Oo)
noibat
Health: 83%
Energy: 54%
- ‘Lemme rest a bit…’ Paralyzed (severe), poisoned (severe, 1% this round)

Feeling confident after that last psychic, Muffin decides it’s time to resume the verbal beating he’d started earlier. If he’s any less confident after the trauma it brought, he doesn’t let it show; instead he invites Macaroon to show him what she’s got, if anything - he’s beginning to wonder if she can even stay afloat with those piss-poar wings! Using a tailwind to help her stay airborne, hah, pathetic. Macaroon grinds her teeth; she’s getting sick of this…

But she can do nothing - she just floats there and takes it. Her body freezes on her again, despite her internal desire to cause massive damage to everything around her, and instead she has to wait.

Muffin seems a bit bemused. He didn’t expect nothing to come of his taunts, but he certainly can’t complain. A bit more trickery is in order; he closes his eyes, focusing on the grouped energy of himself and his opponent, and with a bit of psychic agility, the two are easily manipulated, criss-crossing to the other body. Nothing noticably changes - in fact Muffin himself has to wonder if he succeeded, but he won’t know until he has a way of trying it.

Macaroon is none the wiser, still floating with an occasional tiny twitch of the wing. Her body spasms occasionally; she looks like a frozen statue floating in the air. The one good thing that comes of this is she finally lets go of her anger; it was weaker than before anyhow, and she’s tired of holding onto it for so long with no results. Maybe letting go will somehow… let the paralysis go, like an emotional release.

Unfortunately, that’s the only good thing she’s got.

A flash of white light is all that warns of Muffin’s attack before his teeth clamp onto her side, a familiar explosion of energy sapping the cavern and the noibat of air - everything seems to slow down, the bats looking each other in the eye, they know exactly what’s happening and neither one can stop it - Muffin’s teeth dig deeper, deeper, using all his energy to get as much power as he can before -

Everything stops, he kicks off Macaroon, leaving a scathing bite wound mirroring his own. The two bats flap across from each other; Macaroon’s bite is slightly smaller, if inspected closely, but more notably the noibat is beginning to flag. Occasionally she misses a beat of her wings and droops a bit, a shocked expression on her face. Muffin looks over her with exhausted pride.

Now asked to sacrifice further health, Macaroon hesitates a moment, glancing around slowly for material. Finding none, she begins to cough, spitting up globs of phlegm; she scrapes off some of her fur and sticks them together with the spit, scrunching them up until they resemble a miniature noibat. Scrunching up her face, she concentrates, then breathes onto the toy - a breath of life. The miniature suddenly bounces to life, flapping dully to her side, ready to protect its master. Better late than never.​

Noctowl (Oo)
woobat
Muffin (m) <infiltrator>
Energy: 40%
- ‘I told you. c<‘ sp atk/def +1

Dragon (Oo)
noibat
Macaroon (f) <Unaware> @eviolite
Health: 25%
Energy: 45%
- ‘I’m… ok… *pant*’ Paralyzed (severe), poisoned (severe, 2% this round)
- Substitute: 15%

Arena Notes:
A tailwind blows behind Dragon’s party (1 more actions).

Final Notes:
  • Self-inflicted damage (via substitute) bypasses caps.
  • Taunt wears off faster with repeated use.
  • Eviolite doesn’t affect moves like Super Fang.
  • 50 damage caps is good motivation for quick battles >_>
  • Noctowl next.

Synchronoise, unless they protect, then use agility. If they torment or taunt, just use psychic on the second turn.

Synchronoise/Agility~Synchronoise/Agility/Psychic~Synchronoise/Agility

Erm, just realised that woobat cannot learn agility, despite being the most agile muffin ever. :<

If I can change my commands, I would change them to charm instead of agility. If not, I have not touched the old commands.

Last edited:
Oh my godddddd I fucked up I fucked up I fucked up

You did your best, Macaroon, but I don't know if we can turn this around now? We can soften him up for the next guy, at least. Go all out this round!

Let's spam Hurricane and hope for confusion! I dunno if you can put in some extra energy to make your Hurricanes bigger and more accurate, but if you can, do that..????

If he gets confused, switch to one action Sky Attacks. Do your best to hang in there and.. not be paralyzed :I

Hurricane/Sky Attack x3

a large cavern

Noctowl (Oo)
woobat
Muffin (m) <infiltrator>
Energy: 40%
- ‘I told you. c<‘ sp atk/def +1

Dragon (Oo)
noibat
Health: 25%
Energy: 45%
- ‘I’m… ok… *pant*’ Paralyzed (severe), poisoned (severe, 2% this round)
- Substitute: 15%

Still awash in a prideful glow, Muffin is more than eager to resume Macaroon’s beating. He closes his eyes, honing in on the other bat’s mental signal, and unleashes an unholy nightmare of psychic noise, so loud Macaroon’s eyes cross, her ears swivel, she can’t think - for a moment, everything is just pain. She forgets to flap and is kept afloat only by the still-strong air current drifting under her, her face the picture of pain, until finally Muffin’s focus runs out and Macaroon slips from his psychic hold. She flaps and ducks away, as if she could physically flee.

Growing ever closer to the brink of collapse, the warring desires to fall asleep and tear Muffin a new one tie momentarily in her head - until she shakes herself and glares at her foe. No, she’ll go down with a fight. Angrily, she smacks her wings against the air, again, harder and harder, blowing more wind than it seems like there should be in the cavern up and up towards Muffin - circling harder, harder, a solid wave coming towards him - but it veers just off, zig-zagging wildly, and dissipates against the cavern wall. Muffin eyes it as it fades, then turns to look at Macaroon, a bit of worry in his eyes.

Hopefully there’ll be no more of that… He concentrates harder, closing his eyes again to go back into her mind. It’s an open book to him, as he wrips into another psychic scream; Macaroon skull feels like it’s shrinking on her brain, crushing her, she tries to claw at herself instead of continuing to flap and she sinks rapidly towards the ground - it hurts so much, more than last time even - and suddenly she can’t hold on, it’s too much, she falls motionless and is quickly enveloped in a beam of light before she’d hit the ground.​

Noctowl (Oo)
woobat
Muffin (m) <infiltrator>
Energy: 28%
- ‘Ok, sleep now…‘ sp atk/def +1

Dragon (xo)
noibat
Health: 0%
Energy: 38%
- Fainted.

Arena Notes:
Nothing.

Final Notes:
  • The second synchronoise was a crit.
  • Dragon sends out and attacks.

:U Oh man. Uh. This is a slightly bad spot. But okay, let's go with Fletchling (who will hopefully have a name by the end of this battle)!

Hmm.. Start with Tailwind, then Taunt, then Double Team. If you get Taunted, use a normal two action Fly (or single action, if you're too mad to just Fly up on the second action). That's all! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tailwind ~ Taunt/Fly ~ Double Team/Fly

Taunt to stop the taunt, calm mind because we can next turn, and when Fletchling comes down, give her a nice big hug bite.

Taunt~Calm mind~Super fang

a large cavern

Noctowl (Oo)
woobat
Muffin (m) <infiltrator>
Energy: 28%
- ‘Ok, sleep now…’ sp atk/def +1

Dragon (xO)
fletchling
(f) <Gale Wings>
- ‘Tweet!’

Fletchling caws upon being released, flapping easily and taking a moment to scan her environment. Nothing really interesting to see except the woobat, and he doesn’t appear that threatening, exhausted and bleeding as he is, so she hurries up with her commands. Spreading her tiny wings as wide as they go, she kicks up the lagging winds, bringing them back to life behind and below her, billowing her up so she barely has to flap at all. She’d barely finished her work when Muffin starts to snort at her - what kind of a lazy-ass bird can’t even be bothered to fly? Is that how she’s gonna be the whole battle, is she even gonna fight at all, or is she just gonna hide on her nice cushy wind currents like a baby? Fletchling fumes - she worked hard on that tailwind! - she’ll show him who’s a baby…

Though both birds - er, bird and bat - are already quite high up in the air, fletchling flaps hard and soars up even higher, 10, 20 feet above Muffin, just barely in earshot. While she takes the time to aim, Muffin relaxes a bit, calming himself and focusing his spiritual energy like he’d done before. He manages to get more powered up this time, and he can feel the psychic energy quite a bit now.

Up above, fletchling grins, tucking her wings tight to her body and letting go of the wind. Nothing compares to her speed in a dive - except her further evolved forms, of course - faster, faster, so fast she’s just a red blur, spreading her wings out last second, talons out and SLAM - she scrapes hard across Muffin’s backside, leaving more red marks to join his bite wound. She circles round, grin widening at Muffin’s muffled whine.

He won’t let that go unanswered. Exhastion and pain clear on his face, he flaps his way over to her, wings a bit panicked in their attempt to catch up to her. The white glow is clear now around his fangs, but poor fletchling doesn’t know what they foretell - and when he finally catches her, biting into her side, her expression could not be more shocked. Her red colour seems to drain, going dullen gray, fading into Muffin’s dull teeth as he chews down - until suddenly his eyes go blank and he lets go, his wings giving a final flap and he plummets to the ground below. Fletchling doesn’t spare him a glance, even as he’s withdrawn into his pokeball; she’s pecking feverishly at her new bite wound, trying to stop the bleeding somehow.​

Noctowl (xo)
woobat
Muffin (m) <infiltrator>
Health: 39%
Energy: 0%
- Fainted.

Dragon (xO)
fletchling
(f) <Gale Wings>
Health: 70%
Energy: 92%
- ‘Auhg…’

Arena Notes:
A tailwind blows behind Dragon’s team (1 more action).

Final Notes:
  • Muffin only had enough energy to do 30 damage with Super Fang, and self-KO’d.
  • Noctowl sends and attacks.

You did your best, Muffin. :)

The only hovering pokemon I have now is Spectre, so I will send her out.

Now, this little birb is faster then us, I think. Start with a thunder wave. If she taunts you, just do a thunder bolt, as you actually have no stat boosting moves.

Once paralyzed (If not try again) throw some toxic goo her way. Again, just thunder bolt if she taunts.

Lastly, if poisoned, give her a veno shock. If not poisoned, toxic her.

Thunder wave/Thunder bolt~Toxic/Thunder wave/Thunder bolt~Veno shock/Toxic

Yesssss, I was hoping for an energy self-KO! It didn't really leave us in the best position, but hopefully we can turn it around.

Make a nice 10% Substitute, which should keep her using status moves all round, hhhhahaha. Then, Acrobatics twice.

Substitute (10%) ~ Acrobatics ~ Acrobatics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom