The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Games > Anime-Style Battling

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-17-2015, 08:55 PM
Meowth's Avatar
Meowth Meowth is offline
but is a sheep entering.
 
Join Date: November 17, 2011
Location: something witty
Age: 27
Posts: 633
Pronoun: He
Meowth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arylett Charnoa View Post
Format: 2 vs 2 single.
Style: Set.
DQ: One week.
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO and recovery moves. Everything else is game. Chills are unlimited.

Arena Description:
The Office - This is where I work. It's an office-building after hours. I'm looking to blow off some steam because my boss? He's really annoying! So let's destroy this place as much as possible!

This arena will be interactive. The objects that can be interacted with are:

- Desks. They may be tossed at the opponent, dealing Normal-type damage to the Pokemon from the impact. The damage done by tossed desks depends on a Pokemon's physical endurance.

Special Commands: Toss Office Desk

The damage by tossing an office desk is determined by subtracting the target's Defense stat from 200 and then lopping off the last digit of the result.

Example: If an office desk was tossed at a Fennekin (base Defense: 40), we would subtract that from 200 and get 160, or 16% dealt to it. A Dragonite (base Defense: 95) would be dealt 10% damage.

As for the Energy cost, this is determined by subtracting the user's Attack stat from 110 and then lopping off the last digit of the result.

Example: If a Fennekin tossing the office desk (base Attack: 45), we would subtract that from 110 and get 65, or 6% energy cost. A Dragonite (base Attack: 134) would only spend 1% because it would come out to 0, which is always rounded up.


____

- Electrical equipment. Such as computers, printers, and fax machines. They may targeted and destroyed. This deals Electric-type damage. To produce a damaging explosion, special elemental forces must be used. Just flat out punching the machine with physical force won't do anyone any good.

Special Commands: Target [Machine Name] and destroy it

The damage destroying a machine would deal to the opponent is determined by subtracting the target's Special Defense stat from 200 and then lopping off the last digit of the result.

Example: If a fax machine is blown up on a Fennekin (base Special Defense: 60), we would subtract that from 200 and get 140, or 14% dealt to it. A Dragonite (base Special Defense: 100) would be dealt 10% damage.

As for the Energy cost, this is determined by subtracting the user's Special Attack stat from 110 and then lopping off the last digit of the result.

Example: If a Fennekin was destroying the fax machine (base Special Attack: 62), we would subtract that from 200 and get 48, or 4% energy cost. A Dragonite (base Special Attack: 100) would only spend 1%.


If any of these calculations come out to 0, it's always 1%.

Also, Pokemon do not receive STAB in these calculations.

____

- Potted Plant An extremely exotic potted plant may be tossed at the opponent. Does not inflict damage. Instead, it can inflict random status effects or even stat buffs based on specific percents.

Special Commands: Toss Potted Plant

There is a 30% chance to poison the opponent.

There is a 30% chance to paralyze the opponent.

There is a 30% chance to attract the opponent.

There is a 10% chance to raise the opponent's critical hit rate to 50% of ALL of their attacks.

Arylett Charnoa's active squad

treecko Luperia the female Treecko <Overgrow>
pidgeotto Flarrai the female Pidgeotto <Keen Eye> @ King's Rock
zigzagoon Alterra the female Zigzagoon <Pickup>
dragonair Valight the male Dragonair <Shed Skin>
zorua Naxalge the female Zorua <Illusion> @ Shell Bell
drilbur Falsair the female Drilbur <Sand Force>
butterfree Kujata the female Butterfree <Compound Eyes>
fennekin Arylett the female Fennekin <Blaze> @ Eviolite
fletchling Vesta the female Fletchling <Gale Wings>
riolu Lunaris the male Riolu <Steadfast> @ Soothe Bell


Eifie's active squad

torchic blob of peep the female Torchic <Blaze>
espeon blob of cat the female Espeon <Synchronize>
sentret blob of round the female Sentret <Keen Eye>
swinub blob of pig the male Swinub <Oblivious>
wingull blob of bird the female Wingull <Keen Eye>
houndour blob of bones the male Houndour <Flash Fire>
hoppip blob of weed the female Hoppip <Chlorophyll>
litwick blob of wax the male Litwick <Flash Fire> @ Dusk Stone
chikorita blob of plant the female Chikorita <Overgrow> @ Lucky Egg
goomy Mazy the female Goomy <Gooey> @ Sachet

Wheel of Priority, turn turn turn,
Tell us which trainer takes first turn:

~ Arylett Charnoa sends out
~ Eifie sends out and attacks
~ Arylett Charnoa attacks
~ yes I did just rhyme turn with itself, do you want to fight about it
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-18-2015, 03:07 AM
Arylett Charnoa's Avatar
Arylett Charnoa Arylett Charnoa is offline
Barely existent.
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Second Miltia.
Age: 27
Posts: 4,134
Pronoun: Female
Arylett Charnoa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

Heh, this is going to be interesting.

I will send out Arylett! (Not to be confused with Arylett, the me. She's a Fennekin. I am a... thing that is not a Fennekin.) Let's see how she tosses chairs into the distance!
__________________
Inactive Account.

Deviantart
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-18-2015, 03:16 PM
Eifie's Avatar
Eifie Eifie is offline
oh man, good times.
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Posts: 3,148
Pronoun: she
Eifie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

Let's go, blob of wax! (You can call him Carlotta - I think that's his actual name.)

Okay, I want you to start with a Safeguard. Keep your eyes closed and your ears, if existent, plugged, while doing so - ignore whatever she's doing. It doesn't matter, got it? Just get that Safeguard up. Hopefully she can't attract or hypnotize you this way! Then go for Toxic and then Hex. If she Protects, Magic Coats, or has a Safeguard or Substitute or clones when you're trying to use Toxic, go with Calm Mind instead. If she's not statused on your third action, use Toxic if the above conditions don't apply, otherwise Calm Mind. Also Calm Mind if you're trying to use Hex but she's Protecting or has clones. If you're attracted, use Calm Mind to try and get over it. If you end up asleep, I will be upset >:( But just Sleep Talk on the first and second action.

Safeguard / Calm Mind / Sleep Talk ~ Toxic / Calm Mind / Sleep Talk ~ Hex / Toxic / Calm Mind
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-18-2015, 08:32 PM
Arylett Charnoa's Avatar
Arylett Charnoa Arylett Charnoa is offline
Barely existent.
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Second Miltia.
Age: 27
Posts: 4,134
Pronoun: Female
Arylett Charnoa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

Well, I'll keep this nice and simple for you, Arylett the Egotistically Named Fennekin. I know you get confused easily. And I also know that you're raring to make wanton destruction. Because I am too.

We're going to ignore the Safeguard, and target those delicate defenses by Targeting the Boss Man's Computer and Destroying It. TAKE THAT, YOU DAMN MAN, WORKING ME OVERTIME AND NOT GIVING ME ANY EXTRA PA- ...Ahemp. Anyway, it seems that some statuses may be happening. We are not pleased of that possibility. So let's throw up our own Safeguard so that it can't happen. And then use Psych Up, to copy any possible Calm Minds.

Target Boss Man's Computer and Destroy it ~ Safeguard ~ Psych Up
__________________
Inactive Account.

Deviantart
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-19-2015, 08:08 PM
Meowth's Avatar
Meowth Meowth is offline
but is a sheep entering.
 
Join Date: November 17, 2011
Location: something witty
Age: 27
Posts: 633
Pronoun: He
Meowth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

After hours, in Asber's little-known business district. Far from the central hub of Asber League administrative offices lies a block of smaller office buildings for non-League business. Work in these offices is over for the day, the employees long having clocked out and left to blow off some steam with a battle or just kick back at home, but light still shines from one office; the one where the trainer Arylett had her day job.

Only once his party had returned from their third scout of the building to make absolutely sure no security personnel were going to walk in did the referee, sitting with his feet up on the boss' desk, finally give the order for the trainers to send out. Arylett, with a sadistic fervour betraying the lack of thought she had given to what destroying her office would mean for her employment status, sent forth a Fennekin, which appeared in a bright flash of red light into the circle of floor which had been cleared of desks and other paraphernalia for the Pokémon to duke it out in. Eifie, her attention finally torn away from scooting gleefully across the floor in an office chair by a stern whistle blast from the referee, cleared her throat with a compromised air of professionalism and submitted her own Pokémon into the ring. The referee gulped as a Litwick materialised opposite Arylett's Arylett, timidly commanding the trainers to submit their commands while searching the room rather urgently for the nearest fire extinguisher...

=Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie: Round One= [✔]

Arylett Charnoa


blob of fox ♀ @Eviolite
Health: 100% | Energy: 100%
Ability: Blaze
making a mental list of the things she can light on fire.
Condition: none
Target Boss Man's Computer and Destroy it ~ Safeguard ~ Psych Up

Eifie

litwick
blob of wax ♂ @Dusk Stone
Health: 100% | Energy: 100%
Ability: Flash Fire
"that paperwork looks important... I'll burn it last."
Condition: none
Safeguard/Calm Mind/Sleep Talk ~ Toxic/Calm Mind/Sleep Talk ~ Hex/Toxic/Calm Mind


First to move was Arylett, who to Carlotta's bemusement scampered off to the side, abandoning the ring and leaping up onto the referee's desk. He looked down at her and raised an eyebrow, and she beamed smartly up at him before belching fire all over the monitor sitting on the desk. The referee yelped as the screen went up, the flames spreading to the adjacent computer tower, and in his struggle to stand up and run the hell away upended his chair, sending the desk and everything on it sprawling to the ground in the opposite direction. Arylett hit the carpet and rolled back to her end of the arena, hitting the computer with another spout of flame as it bounced on landing to propel it towards Carlotta. Upon landing near the Litwick both monitor and tower broke apart and exploded, Carlotta shrieking in pain from the blast and the electrical discharge that accompanied it.

A small fire had started on the carpet around Carlotta, which the referee immediately spotted when he finally struggled to his feet only to trip on a cable as he dashed to grab something to quench it with. The Litwick, however, was focused solely on his opponent, twitching painfully from the shock the computer had imparted on him. Arylett had already proven herself a dangerous foe, and it seemed prudent to him to stop her from causing any more harm to whatever degree he could. To this end, he constructed a shield of pale green energy, which wrapped around his body, warding off external ills.

Arylett evidently agreed with this strategy, closing her eyes and embracing herself with the same protective veil. Despite her flagrant plagiarism, Carlotta was far from miffed; his eyes sealed tightly, blocking out the pain and intellectual property theft and the semi-concussed referee dancing around him blasting everything that moved with foam and meditating, honing his mental powers.

...and he just kept right on meditating. Arylett found it rather irritating, really. How dare he calmly sit there working on attaining inner peace when he should be laying into her and inciting her to rip his face off like she so dearly wanted to? Well, no matter. If he didn't want to drive her into a murderous rage she could be her own cheering section. She tapped into his mind, copying all the benefits of his meditation with none of the sitting there with her eyes shut like a twit, leaving her just as enlightened as he. Perhaps a smidgeon too early, though, as Carlotta broke through another level of enlightenment, augmenting his already enhanced mental faculties.


Arylett Charnoa


blob of fox ♀ @Eviolite
Health: 100% | Energy: 91%
Ability: Blaze
feeling pretty fired up.
Condition: SpAtk+1, SpDef+1. Under a Safeguard (4 more actions).
Target Boss Man's Computer and Destroy it ~ Safeguard ~ Psych Up

Eifie

litwick
blob of wax ♂ @Dusk Stone
Health: 86% | Energy: 92%
Ability: Flash Fire
trying futilely to approximate the lotus position without legs.
Condition: SpAtk+2, SpDef+2. Under a Safeguard (3 more actions).
Safeguard ~ Calm Mind ~ Calm Mind

Referee's notes
~ quick question; how do Special stat increases/decreases effect the damage and energy cost of smashing electrical equipment? Should I apply a flat bonus to the final figure or work out how they would effect the base stat values and work out base damage based on that?


Calculations
~ Target Boss Man's Computer and Destroy it: 14% damage, 4% energy
~ Safeguard: 1% set-up cost, 1% maintenance cost per action
~ Calm Mind: 2% energy
~ Psych Up: 2% energy

Next Round
~ Arylett Charnoa attacks
~ Eifie attacks

Last edited by Meowth; 02-20-2015 at 03:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-20-2015, 12:48 AM
Arylett Charnoa's Avatar
Arylett Charnoa Arylett Charnoa is offline
Barely existent.
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Second Miltia.
Age: 27
Posts: 4,134
Pronoun: Female
Arylett Charnoa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

Hmm, ah yes. The math of the increases. I didn't think about that, as this is still experimental. I'll answer that though. After the damage has been calculated based on my weird equations, just handle it as you would a normal attack on a stat increase and add that bonus in last. From what I've read of the reffing guide, that's basically to apply a flat bonus to the final figure. Would be the simplest way to deal with it. Hopefully that answers it. Again, I'm no math whizz, so I'm sorry if it gets a bit wonky sometimes. ^^;

Anyways, I think it's time for more destruction. Brute force, brute force, brute force! Don't you agree? I see that ugly fax machine over there. And I really don't like it. I've never liked that thing. SO TARGET AND DESTROY THAT FAX MACHINE, ARYLETT! What else do I hate...? Hmmm.... aha! I see someone has left behind an outdated old radio! TARGET AND DESTROY THAT RADIO TOO! And then after that, why don't you Target and Destroy that Cellphone There Somebody Left on Their Desk? However, if Carlotta has used a stat-increasing move (like more Calm Minds, for instance) prior to this third and last action, leave the cellphone alone and copy it with Psych Up.

Target and Destroy Fax Machine ~ Target and Destroy Radio ~ Target and Destroy Cellphone/Psych Up (if stat-increasing move is used prior to this action)
__________________
Inactive Account.

Deviantart
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-20-2015, 01:28 AM
Eifie's Avatar
Eifie Eifie is offline
oh man, good times.
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Posts: 3,148
Pronoun: she
Eifie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

Okay, blob of wax, time to step things up! Start with a Trick Room so you can move faster and I can command second again next round! Then, since you'll be faster, target and destroy that radio before Arylett's Arylett can! BAM! Actually, you know... I was gonna do something different this third action, but you might as well just kill that cellphone before Arylett can, too. I do like brute force.

Trick Room ~ TARGET RADIO AND DESTROY IT ~ TARGET CELLPHONE AND DESTROY IT

yeaaaaah blood what do you mean that's not blood
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-20-2015, 04:13 PM
Meowth's Avatar
Meowth Meowth is offline
but is a sheep entering.
 
Join Date: November 17, 2011
Location: something witty
Age: 27
Posts: 633
Pronoun: He
Meowth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

=Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie: Round Two= [✔]

Arylett Charnoa


blob of fox ♀ @Eviolite
Health: 100% | Energy: 91%
Ability: Blaze
feeling pretty fired up.
Condition: SpAtk+1, SpDef+1. Under a Safeguard (4 more actions).
Target Fax Machine and Destroy It ~ Target Radio and Destroy It ~ Target Cellphone and Destroy It/Psych Up

Eifie

litwick
blob of wax ♂ @Dusk Stone
Health: 86% | Energy: 92%
Ability: Flash Fire
trying futilely to approximate the lotus position without legs.
Condition: SpAtk+2, SpDef+2. Under a Safeguard (3 more actions).
Trick Room ~ Target Radio and Destroy It ~ Target Cellphone and Destroy It


Snapping out of her bout of mental calmness, Arylett looked around the office with an air of great dissatisfaction. So many things to burn and smash, and she wasn't burning or smashing a single one of them! Even the blaze started by that computer had all but petered out, thanks to that meddling referee, laying there with an empty extinguisher in his hand and his face against the side of a filing cabinet. She scanned the area for a suitable hunk of technology and spied a fax machine sitting with tempting precariousness on the edge of a desk. Do people even still use those? Surely they're thinking of disposing of it, and just haven't found time to go through the proper channels. Well, she could certainly help there! Another belch of flame knocked it off its perch and sent it spinning through the air, the cord snapping with a fizzle before the contraption jerked down and exploded into a thousand pieces over Carlotta's head with a satisfying kpjrrrrkzkt.

With a squeal of protest, Carlotta rubbed his head where the archaic device had hit, and was rewarded with a painful jolt of static for his efforts. It was time to turn the tables; not literally turn tables by grabbing them and hurling them at the Fennekin's stupid face, but make the flow of battle, and indeed time itself, rather more beneficial to his cause. He raised his arms, and a psychic aura spread out from him and covered every surface in the office with a strange, undulating pink glow. The hands of the office clocks began to chug around the faces more and more sluggishly with each passing second until they clunked to a halt and then began turning anticlockwise, the digital ones resorting to flashing strings of nonsense digits before crashing altogether.

Unperturbed, Arylett turned towards the radio her trainer had pointed out and took a step towards it, but was surprised by the effort it took her just to put one paw before another; it was as though the air had been replaced by scentless, tasteless, breathable, invisible jam she was attempting to wade through. Carlotta grinned at her from across the room, swaggering toward her, careful to demonstrate how unhindered his movements were. Oh, having trouble reaching that radio over there? he chuckled deviously, possessing it with a dark purple aura of ghostly energy. Here, let me pass it to you. With a sweep of his stubby arm he cast the radio across the room, sending it flying into Arylett's forehead where it blew apart for no discernible reason, much like all the electronics that preceded it.

While she was being flung back by the blast, Arylett noticed she seemed unaffected by the jam-air; landing and struggling to her feet, she tried to capitalise on this sudden re-reversal of physics, but discovered to her annoyance that any motion on her part was still affected by it. Half-heartedly she struggled toward the mobile phone she had been ordered to obliterate next, knowing merely by the smug look on Carlotta's face that he intended to get to it first. Sure enough, just as she reached the desk on which it perched, it soared away behind her. Hey, Arylett, it's for you, came Carlotta's cheesy quip as he hurled a fireball into it, sending it plummeting to the ground and erupting against her side, blaring an irritating, warped gurgle of a ringtone from whatever components of it still remained relatively intact.


Arylett Charnoa


blob of fox ♀ @Eviolite
Health: 78% | Energy: 88%
Ability: Blaze
"...now I'm hungry for jam. Got a toaster in the break room?"
Condition: SpAtk+1, SpDef+1. Under a Safeguard (1 more action).
Target Fax Machine and Destroy It ~ nothing ~ nothing

Eifie

litwick
blob of wax ♂ @Dusk Stone
Health: 73% | Energy: 85%
Ability: Flash Fire
cackling sadistically.
Condition: SpAtk+2, SpDef+2
Trick Room ~ Target Radio and Destroy It ~ Target Cellphone and Destroy It

Referee's notes
~ Trick Room is in effect (3 more actions).
~ since Arylett was technically commanded to target specific devices, I opted not to let her go for another one after Carlotta got to them first, meaning she did nothing on those actions.

Calculations
~ Target Fax Machine and Destroy It: 13% damage, 3% energy
~ Trick Room: 5% energy
~ Target Radio and Destroy It: 11% damage, 1% energy
~ Target Cellphone and Destroy It: 11% damage, 1% energy

Next round
~ Arylett Charnoa attacks
~ Eifie attacks

Last edited by Meowth; 02-23-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-20-2015, 04:18 PM
Eifie's Avatar
Eifie Eifie is offline
oh man, good times.
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Posts: 3,148
Pronoun: she
Eifie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

Yes, destruction!

Could I ask why targeting the radio and cellphone only did 11% damage (as compared to the 13% from the fax machine) when Fennekin's Special Defense is only 5 higher than Litwick's and Carlotta had +2 Special Attack to Arylett's +1 Special Defense? Am I missing something with how these things work?
__________________


"idk, I'm bad at puns" -Keldeo, inexorable pundit of puns and wordplay
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-20-2015, 04:19 PM
Meowth's Avatar
Meowth Meowth is offline
but is a sheep entering.
 
Join Date: November 17, 2011
Location: something witty
Age: 27
Posts: 633
Pronoun: He
Meowth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

Arylett has an Eviolite. I'm assuming Throw Desk and Destroy Appliance should count as "moves" for its purposes.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-20-2015, 04:19 PM
Eifie's Avatar
Eifie Eifie is offline
oh man, good times.
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Posts: 3,148
Pronoun: she
Eifie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

Oh, duh. Totally forgot about that. Thanks!
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-23-2015, 01:25 AM
Arylett Charnoa's Avatar
Arylett Charnoa Arylett Charnoa is offline
Barely existent.
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Second Miltia.
Age: 27
Posts: 4,134
Pronoun: Female
Arylett Charnoa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

Ooooooh! He's sneaky. Destroying those appliances before you can AND slowing us down. Well, it's okay. Let's toss up a Light Screen. Unless he uses Taunt, then Target and Destroy that Lamp over there because of irony. Speaking of tossing things, I AM SO DISPLEASED WHICH MEANS THAT WE MUST TOSS A POTTED PLANT IN ANGER NOW THAT THE SAFEGUARD IS GONE! But what if he decides to put it back up? Well, if he does, if he does... does... Toaster! Of course, Arylett, you're brilliant! Yes. Target and Destroy the Toaster in the breakroom! And then... then... hmm. Well, while we're in the breakroom, let's Target and Destroy the Fridge. Unless he decides to do it before we can. If he goes for the fridge before you do, we should protect it so we can use it later. So let's use Protect on the Fridge so that it isn't destroyed.

Light Screen/ Target and Destroy Lamp if Taunt is used ~ Toss Potted Plant/Target and Destroy Toaster if Safeguard is Used ~ Target and Destroy Fridge/Protect the Fridge if Carlotta tries to destroy it.
__________________
Inactive Account.

Deviantart

Last edited by Arylett Charnoa; 02-23-2015 at 01:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-23-2015, 01:35 AM
Eifie's Avatar
Eifie Eifie is offline
oh man, good times.
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Posts: 3,148
Pronoun: she
Eifie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

Nuh-uh, man. We don't need to wait for action three. Target and destroy the fridge right now, before she puts up a Light Screen! Then give me a medium Substitute so that potted plant won't do a thing to you. Finally, express your utmost RAGE at the Light Screen in your way by THROWING A FREAKING DESK.

TARGET FRIDGE AND DESTROY IT ~ Substitute (15%) ~ LOB A FREAKING DESK
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-25-2015, 12:33 AM
Meowth's Avatar
Meowth Meowth is offline
but is a sheep entering.
 
Join Date: November 17, 2011
Location: something witty
Age: 27
Posts: 633
Pronoun: He
Meowth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

=Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie: Round Three= [✔]

Arylett Charnoa


blob of fox ♀ @Eviolite
Health: 78% | Energy: 88%
Ability: Blaze
"...now I'm hungry for jam. Got a toaster in the break room?"
Condition: SpAtk+1, SpDef+1. Under a Safeguard (1 more action).
Light Screen/Target and Destroy Lamp ~ Toss Potted Plant/Target and Destroy Toaster ~ Target and Destroy Fridge/Protect @Fridge

Eifie


blob of wax ♂ @Dusk Stone
Health: 73% | Energy: 85%
Ability: Flash Fire
cackling sadistically.
Condition: SpAtk+2, SpDef+2
Target and Destroy Fridge ~ Substitute (15%) ~ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻


Carlotta listened intently to his opponent's commands, plotting wickedly to work out how best to ruin them. The Fennekin was still struggling around like she was wading knee-deep in preserves, so she clearly wasn't going to get to carry them out any time soon. Why let them go to waste? He noticed her looking contemplatively at the door to the break room as she plodded forward, and promptly rushed ahead to wreck the place before she got the chance to use anything there might be in there. She cried out after him in protest as the sounds of smashing appliances echoed out of the break room, breaking into a slow-motion sprint in desperation to prevent this wanton vandalism, but her advance was halted by a fridge hurtling through the doorway and exploding as it landed squarely on her head.

The door of the burnt-out fridge creaked open, a dazed Arylett flopping out of it along with a shower of workers' charred lunchboxes. She shook her head to clear the stars out of her vision, wincing from the pain of the impact. This appliance bombardment was getting out of hand; she needed something to soften the blows a little. She focused, expelling mental energy that formed around her in a faint blue sphere, shielding her from special attacks.

Secure in her bubble, Arylett felt safe to start upping the ante, looking for something nearby to lob at Carlotta as he hopped gleefully back into the office proper. The closest thing to hand was a potted plant, which she swatted deftly into the air with a kick of her hind leg before leaping up and batting it across the room with a sweep of her tail. Acting quickly, Carlotta gathered up a pile of smouldering electronic parts and moulded them into his likeness as best he could, infusing them with a spark of his own life energy. The scraps began to writhe of their own accord, drawing themselves up into a candle-like cylinder, a flaming wire poking from the top to complete the effect. Not a second later the plant met its mark, shattering against the golem in a shower of noxious purple spores.

Already saddened by the failure of her pot-throwing tactic, Arylett's face fell even further as her third commands came, looking forlornly at the burnt-out remnants of the office fridge. How she'd looked forward to blowing it up, by far the largest machine the office had to offer, and now she'd never get to play with it ever again. It wasn't fair, damn it!

While she stood uselessly contemplating the cruelty of life, Carlotta snuck behind a nearby desk, slipping his nub arms under it and straining to tilt it forward. Pushing it onto its front legs, he let out a grunt as he tossed it, sending it rolling end-over-end across the room and slamming into the despondent Arylett. She wailed as the lump of furniture crushed her, straining to push it off with the lack of momentum slow-motion-world cursed her with. To her relief, the bizarre field dissipated soon after, and she manged to wriggle free, running happily in full-speed circles to celebrate.


Arylett Charnoa


blob of fox ♀ @Eviolite
Health: 51% | Energy: 81%
Ability: Blaze
happily dashing hither and thither.
Condition: SpAtk+1, SpDef+1. Protected by Light Screen (3 more actions).
Light Screen ~ Toss Potted Plant ~ nothing

Eifie


blob of wax ♂ @Dusk Stone
Health: 58% | Energy: 76%
Ability: Flash Fire
"smashy smashy~"
Condition: SpAtk+2, SpDef+2
Target and Destroy Fridge ~ Substitute (15%) ~ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻


blob of substitute
Health: 15%

Referee's notes
~ no mention was made of the energy cost for throwing a potted plant, so I just went with the standard 4% for a status-inducing attack.

Calculations
~ Target and Destroy Fridge: 11% damage, 1% energy
~ Light Screen: 1% initial energy cost, 1% upkeep cost per action
~ Substitute: 15% damage (self), 8% energy
~ Toss Potted Plant: 4% energy
~ Toss Office Desk: 16% damage, 8% energy

Next round
~ Eifie attacks
~ Arylett Charnoa attacks

Last edited by Meowth; 02-25-2015 at 01:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-25-2015, 12:52 AM
Eifie's Avatar
Eifie Eifie is offline
oh man, good times.
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Posts: 3,148
Pronoun: she
Eifie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

I'm not so cool with the huge advantage of Trick Room letting me go second three times in a row, so I'll command first, if that's okay?
__________________


"idk, I'm bad at puns" -Keldeo, inexorable pundit of puns and wordplay
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-25-2015, 12:53 AM
Meowth's Avatar
Meowth Meowth is offline
but is a sheep entering.
 
Join Date: November 17, 2011
Location: something witty
Age: 27
Posts: 633
Pronoun: He
Meowth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

i'll have no chivalry here thank you very much

Sure, go for it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-25-2015, 01:13 AM
Eifie's Avatar
Eifie Eifie is offline
oh man, good times.
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Posts: 3,148
Pronoun: she
Eifie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

Hmm, let's take a short break and go for some status. Try a Confuse Ray first; if there's something that'll stop it from working (Protect, Safeguard, Sub, blob of fox has left the building...) then uh... Payback if you can still hit your opponent, otherwise just Calm Mind I guess.

I CHANGED MY MIND JUST THROW SOME DESKS. WHATEVER DESK YOU CAN FIND. IDEK. SEEK AND DESTROY. If your opponent's Protecting away or otherwise unhittable (subs are fine), just Chill I guess. Throwing desks must be exhausting. Oh, but if there are clones, feel free to kill them with Clear Smog which apparently never misses.

Confuse Ray / Payback / Calm Mind ~ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ / Chill / Clear Smog ~ ┬─┬ノ(ಠ_ಠノ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ / Chill / Clear Smog
__________________


"idk, I'm bad at puns" -Keldeo, inexorable pundit of puns and wordplay
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-25-2015, 01:40 AM
Arylett Charnoa's Avatar
Arylett Charnoa Arylett Charnoa is offline
Barely existent.
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Second Miltia.
Age: 27
Posts: 4,134
Pronoun: Female
Arylett Charnoa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

Damn your chivalry. I had this ELABORATE command set typed up and now I must change it all. Well, at least my head doesn't hurt now. Really, it hurt trying to think of all the conceivable conditionals to prevent us Aryletts from being usurped again.

Protect yourself from being all confusey-headed! Then after that, we can throw an Attract at him. Give him your best kissy face! And after that, let's damage that Substitute a bit. Target Microwave and Destroy It on its face.

Protect ~ Attract ~ Target Microwave and Destroy It
__________________
Inactive Account.

Deviantart
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-02-2015, 01:25 AM
Meowth's Avatar
Meowth Meowth is offline
but is a sheep entering.
 
Join Date: November 17, 2011
Location: something witty
Age: 27
Posts: 633
Pronoun: He
Meowth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

=Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie: Round Four= [✔]

Arylett Charnoa


blob of fox ♀ @Eviolite
Health: 51% | Energy: 81%
Ability: Blaze
happily dashing hither and thither.
Condition: SpAtk+1, SpDef+1. Protected by Light Screen (3 more actions).
Protect ~ Attract ~ Target Microwave and Destroy It

Eifie


blob of wax ♂ @Dusk Stone
Health: 58% | Energy: 76%
Ability: Flash Fire
"smashy smashy~"
Condition: SpAtk+2, SpDef+2
Confuse Ray/Payback/Calm Mind ~ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻/Chill/Clear Smog ~ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻/Chill/Clear Smog


blob of substitute
Health: 15%


Carlotta regarded his foolishly cavorting opponent with a disapproving pout. Who did she think she was running circles around him like that? It was supposed to go the other way! Grumbling, he watched her movements carefully, trying to sneakily calculate a way to take advantage of this new development. A nice Payback would... hang on a tick. In the midst of his pondering, he saw Arylett had mysteriously come to a halt, and squinting, he could just make out a shimmering, protective veil of energy around her. He rolled his eyes and shrugged; no point worrying about trying to get to her now. In fact, he may as well just zone out and take it easy until that shield came down. He did just that, his eyes sliding shut serenely as he unfocused his thoughts and meditated until Arylett's protective bubble dissolved into ether.

She was annoyed that she failed to make Carlotta waste a turn, she had to admit, but Arylett still had tricks up her sleeve. She sauntered toward her opponent, gingerly stepping around the sharp shards of metal littering the carpet, and stopped just before him, fluttering her eyelids and winking. Hey, hot stuff, she purred in a sexy half-whisper. Nice save there. I like a man who can strategise. And it was amazing how you threw that desk like it was nothing, by the way... you're such a big, strong hunk~. Carlottta's only recourse was to jabber sheepishly and blush, a huge grin spreading across his face. Maybe he should toss another desk to impress her... no, he wouldn't want to risk hurting her. She was too precious for that.

Silently retching at the saccharine tripe she'd blurted out, Arylett scurried off to find something to beat the lovestruck candle's face off with. He'd done a pretty sound job of burning the break room to a crisp, but perhaps something in there could still be salvageable. Testing this theory, she dived into the piles of rubble and charred appliances for a few moments before her head popped up like a periscope, nudging a reasonably-intact microwave out into the office. She blew a small stream of fire onto the power cable, lighting it like a fuse before kicking the contraption into the air, where it hurtled end-over-end and crashed down on top of Carlotta's substitute just as it went up with a spectacular bang.

Its intended target was pushed back against a desk by the force of the blast, chunks of substitute scattering all across the floor and leaving the artifice barely holding itself together. Though unhurt physically, Carlotta was wounded by Arylett's apparent betrayal after all but professing her undying love for him (such as his sentimental little mind took it, anyway). His lovestruck mind flustered to fabricate some excuse for her to cover for this glaring red flag, and he soon decided she must have just been trying to set off an improvised fireworks display in honour of their relationship which had simply gone horribly wrong, and there'd really be no need to terminate the relationship with a desk to the face, as was the custom of his people. Arylett grimaced as she looked on at him, sappiness practically dripping off him, still cringing in humiliation at the nature of her ruse.


Arylett Charnoa


blob of fox ♀ @Eviolite
Health: 51% | Energy: 70%
Ability: Blaze
"seriously, I called him /what/?"
Condition: SpAtk+1, SpDef+1.
Protect ~ Attract ~ Target Microwave and Destroy It

Eifie


blob of wax ♂ @Dusk Stone
Health: 58% | Energy: 74%
Ability: Flash Fire
trying uncertainly to work out Arylett's intentions towards him.
Condition: SpAtk+3, SpDef+3, infatuated (moderate)
Calm Mind ~ infatuated ~ infatuated


blob of substitute
Health: 3%

Referee's notes
~ Carlotta failed the attraction rolls on both of the latter two actions.

Calculations
~ Protect: 4% energy
~ Calm Mind: 2% energy
~ Attract: 4% energy
~ Target Microwave and Destroy It: 12% damage, 3% energy

Next round
~ Arylett Charnoa attacks
~ Eifie attacks

Last edited by Meowth; 03-03-2015 at 07:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-02-2015, 02:30 AM
Arylett Charnoa's Avatar
Arylett Charnoa Arylett Charnoa is offline
Barely existent.
 
Join Date: June 25, 2008
Location: Second Miltia.
Age: 27
Posts: 4,134
Pronoun: Female
Arylett Charnoa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Arylett Charnoa vs Eifie

Well, good! We haven't sustained any further damage. Although admittedly, c'mon, Arylett. You didn't have to suck up to him that much. Yuck.

He has a lot of stat boosts there though. And it just ain't fair! Psych Up, unless he gets off a Taunt, in which case just get rid of that blob of Substitute with a Thief... What about after that? Well, after that, if you haven't used Thief yet, use it now to finish off the blob of substitute. If not, Toss a Desk. I don't want to risk having the items destroyed again and having to think up crazy conditionals about them. Then let's Destroy the Air Conditioner in the next room! Unless he's already destroyed that, then Destroy that Nintendo DS someone's left on their desk. If both of those are already destroyed though, just Toss a Desk in frustration. No seriously, ARRGGH IF THAT IS THE CASE!

Psych Up/Thief if Taunt is used ~ Thief if blob of substitute is still standing/Toss Desk if Thief was not used on the first action or if the blob of substitute is gone ~ Target and Destroy Air Conditioner/Target and Destroy Nintendo DS if Air Conditioner is destroyed/Toss Desk if both of those are destroyed
__________________
Inactive Account.

Deviantart
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dq asb battles, loss: arylett charnoa, ref: sangfroidish, win: eifie

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Pokémon, Pikachu and all other Pokémon characters © Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures Inc. The Cave of Dragonflies, content, styles, etc. © Butterfree/Dragonfree/antialiasis.
Forum now hosted by Eevee's HQ.