• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Vipera Magnifica vs Dazel

Byrus

Strange days ahead
Pronoun
he/him
Format: 3 versus 3, singles.
Style: Switch.
DQ: 5 days.
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO's
Arena Description: Its' a good old fashionde SLAMD DOWN!!!1!!1 we rented out the big game court l,mao.,.., everythingi s the same as a relugar battle accept theres' a %5 chance that 1 of your pokemon will get HIHG AS FUCK and do a randomizd action insted!!1! i TOLD you about drugs dog...,.
(Takes place in a familiar basket ball court, which happens to be trippy as hell. There's a five percent chance that an action will be randomised. This chance is rolled per round as opposed to per action, and the action it effects is randomised as well.)

[size=+2]Vipera Magnifica vs Dazel[/size]

Vipera Magnifica's active squad

mienfoo Violent Mustelid the male Mienfoo <Regenerator>
buizel Finbarr Galedeep the male Buizel <Swift Swim> @ Never-Melt Ice
goomy Master Belch the male Goomy <Gooey> @ Lucky Egg
trapinch Darude the male Trapinch <Hyper Cutter> @ Eviolite
seviper Li Feng the female Seviper <Shed Skin> @ Black Sludge
snivy Ophelia the female Snivy <Overgrow>
venipede Vile Myriapoda the female Venipede <Swarm>
hawlucha Libertad the female Hawlucha <Unburden> @ Flying Gem
carvanha Kamohoalii the male Carvanha <Rough Skin>
shellder Rockefeller the male Shellder <Skill Link> @ Water Stone

Dazel's active squad

amaura Boris the male Amaura <Snow Warning>
slowpoke Mercuria the female Slowpoke <Own Tempo> @ King's Rock
deino Hair the female Deino <Hustle> @ Lucky Egg
pumpkaboo-small Twilight Princess the female Pumpkaboo (Small Size) <Frisk>
fletchling Wright the male Fletchling <Big Pecks> @ Flying Gem
mantyke Kite the male Mantyke <Swift Swim> @ Electirizer

---

-VM sends out
- Dazel sends out and attacks
- VM attacks

Uh, go Twilight Princess. Sorry for lateness, I had a lot of real-world issues suddenly arise.
e: Wow, I'm so scatterbrained, sorry. Hopefully things clear up and I can stop being an idiot. Apologies.

Trick-or-treat, then seed bomb the rest. Reflect where applicable. Protect if he tries to use a super-effective move, but don't do so more than once.

Trick-or-treat / reflect / protect ~ seed bomb / reflect / protect ~ seed bomb / reflect / protect

Last edited:
Actually, I believe you would order first in this case, thanks to frisk.

Edit - sorry, my bad, it only works if the frisk Pokémon is already on the field before their opponent is sent out.
Go ahead, Dazel.

Last edited:
Okay, I see you've edited in your commands~

Start with a Taunt. Then give that Pumpkaboo a good Snarl. Finish off by waiting for her to move and then using Payback.

Taunt ~ Snarl ~ wait and use Payback

The basketball court that the trainers arrive in is far from a conventional one, and the eye-hurting colours of the walls and the short, lop-sided basketball hoop are only the tip of the iceberg. Everything is oddly distorted, leaving the occupants with a rather weird, trippy feeling they can't explain.

But they are all too eager to be here for the BIG GAME, and if they're lucky, the big man with the rock may grace them with his presence. In the meantime, they're ready to have a good old-fashioned slam down.

Vipera sends his Carvanha out onto the court, while Dazel responds with his Pumpkaboo. Kamohoalii is too displeased by the lack of water to care much about his strange surroundings, though Twilight Princess is left looking distinctly taken aback by the bizarre nature of it all.

Vipera Magnifica [OOO]
carvanha
[Kamohoalii] (M) <Rough Skin>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Flopping about irritably.

Dazel [OOO]
pumpkaboo
[Twilight Princess] (F) <Frisk>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Seriously weirded out by the arena.

Round one

As the referee gives the signal to begin, Kamohoalii flips around to face his foe, ready to take out his irritation on her. He grins toothily at Twilight Princess, then begins flinging out a barrage of insults.

"Hey! What the hell are you supposed to be? Some rotten pumpkin left over from Halloween? I can't believe they have me fighting vegetables! What a joke!"

He flops about in laughter as Twilight glares at him indignantly. His jeering is undeniably corny and petty, but it's also excruciatingly annoying, and Twilight rapidly finds herself wanting nothing more than to smack him in his stupid fishy face. Unfortunately, Kamohoalii refuses to relent, and shows no signs of shutting up until he's said his piece.

Finally, Twilight Princess has had enough. Quivering and squeaking with indignation, the little pumpkaboo completely abandons her orders and instead flings herself at Kamohoalii, her tiny fangs bared. He gives a grunt of surprise at her sudden ferocity, but Twilight's frantic nipping and thrashing proves to be more damaging to her than to her opponent, especially as she brushes against his pebbly hide.

Quickly sensing the futility of her actions, Twilight ceases her attack and floats backwards to regroup, still glaring daggers at her opponent. For his part, Kamohoalii is left feeling quite smug at having riled his foe up so easily. Keen to follow up on his success, he props himself up on his fins as best as he can, then lets loose a loud, ferocious snarl laced with undertones of dark energy. Twilight freezes in place at the awful sound, and trembles in pain, her rage temporarily forgotten.

Even after Kamohoalii ceases the racket, Twilight Princess still finds herself feeling weak and shivery. It takes her a moment to gather her wits and latch onto her rage again, but when she does, she finds herself eager to take advantage of the offensive option her trainer has given her this time. Puffing out her cheeks, Twilight gathers up a dense ball of seeds and spits the solid mass at Kamohoalii with surprising force. He cries out in pain as the projectile bashes into him, exploding on impact and peppering him with a shower of stinging seeds.

Vindicated at having landed some solid damage on the mouthy Carvanha, Twilight is only too happy to follow up on her success. She sends another seed bomb hurtling Kamohoalii's way, with the same results. She gives a little cheer as her attack lands, but after the seeds clear, she finds herself a bit puzzled by how stoic her opponent suddenly is.

Kamohoalii has a grumpy look on his face, and a faint purplish aura is shimmering around him. As he bares his fangs, the aura flares up fiercely, and he launches himself across the court, straight at Twilight. She barely has time to react before the Carvanha is upon her, tearing and ripping at her, burning her ethereal flesh with strands of dark energy. When he finally backs off, Twilight is left looking quite torn up, her tufts of fur sticking out at crazy angles.

End of round one

Vipera Magnifica [OOO]
carvanha
Health: 70% (Capped)
Energy: 89%
Condition: Feeling sore.
Moves used this round: Taunt - Snarl - Payback (Wait)

Dazel [OOO]
pumpkaboo
Health: 67% (Capped)
Energy: 91%
Condition: Somewhat shaken.
Moves used this round: Struggle - Seed bomb x2

Twilight Princess: Struggle = does 5 damage, costs 3 energy, 3 recoil damage
Seed bomb x2 = 15 damage each, costs 3 energy each

Extra: Twilight takes 2 damage due to rough skin

Kamohoalii: Taunt = Costs 3 energy
Snarl = does 9 damage, costs 3 energy
payback = Does 19 damage (after rough skin), costs 5 energy

no crits rolled

Battle notes

- First time reffing in quite a while I only have the use of one hand, so hopefully there are no glaring mistakes or typos here. Point them out if you find them.
- Twilight Princess resorted to struggle on the first action since she had no attacking options.
- Vipera Magnifica attacks first.

Last edited:
Okay, let's fire off some Dark Pulses and hope for a flinch. If you can't hit her, instead use Focus Energy.

Dark Pulse / Focus Energy x3

aretn you STOKED BRO

Also I just realised I wrote "reflect" rather than "magic coat" in my previous set of commands. Fuck.

All right, well, that was a silly mistake on my part. This round will be better. Take the first dark pulse, and then use disable. Hopefully that'll keep Kamosomething off your back for he rest of the round, so follow up with a pair of seed bombs for good measure. We got off to a bad start, and now you are banging.
5N1T1K8.jpg
Disable (wait) ~ seed bomb ~ seed bomb

iirc self-inflicted damage does not contribute to the damage cap.

I was under the impression that self-inflicted damage does contribute to the damage cap, but unlike non-self-inflicted damage, it is able to bypass the cap (i.e. a Pokemon at the cap won't be able to make a substitute for free, for example, even though it wouldn't take any more damage from attacks). Because Twilight Princess took recoil on the first action, not when she was at the cap, she should have been at 70% health at the end of that round. More experienced people, feel free to contradict me on this.

I was under the impression that self-inflicted damage does contribute to the damage cap, but unlike non-self-inflicted damage, it is able to bypass the cap (i.e. a Pokemon at the cap won't be able to make a substitute for free, for example, even though it wouldn't take any more damage from attacks). Because Twilight Princess took recoil on the first action, not when she was at the cap, she should have been at 70% health at the end of that round. More experienced people, feel free to contradict me on this.

Self-inflicted damage doesn't contribute to the cap at all, regardless of when it happens.

Vipera Magnifica [OOO]
carvanha
Health: 70% (Capped)
Energy: 89%
Condition: Feeling sore.

Dazel [OOO]
pumpkaboo
Health: 67% (Capped)
Energy: 91%
Condition: Somewhat shaken.

Round two

Kamohoalii leers at Twilight before summoning up all the vilest, nastiest thoughts he can muster, and channels it into a seething mass of dark energy. With a snap of his jaws, he releases the pulse of roiling blackness, sending it spiraling towards his opponent. Twilight winces and tries to brace herself, but can't suppress a hiss of pain as the darkness washes over her, aggravating her existing wounds and filling her with a sense of heavy dread.

Shivering, Twilight concentrates on her trainer's encouraging words (and love of brightly coloured comic strips) as she tries to get her head back in the game. Kamohoalii eyes her suspiciously as she floats around him, giving him an uncomfortably intense look with her bright yellow eyes. After a few awkward moments, Kamohoalii loses patience and tries to snap at his foe in an effort to get her to quit staring. Twilight reacts quickly however, and the lights on her pumpkin flash rapidly as she suddenly backs off. It looks like a fairly pointless move, but Kamohoalii can feel the effects quite clearly. The Pumpkaboo has managed to worm her way into his mind, effectively scrambling his thoughts.

It all happens so quickly that Kamohoalii barely has time to register it, and Twilight gives a cackle as she sees the addled Carvanha flopping about in puzzlement as he tries to get his wits about him. This is the perfect opportunity to turn the tide of battle in her favour, and she's not going to miss it. She quickly spits out another ball of seeds, sending it slamming into Kamohoalii's rough hide. The force of the seed bomb sends Kamohoalii skittering across the polished floor, and he gives an indignant cry. It manages to knock him out of his temporary stupor, enough to finally realise that Twilight's mind meddling has caused his knowledge of dark pulse to vanish.

Try as he might, Kamohoalii can't seem to get past that mental blockade, and he finds himself panicking a little. Not wanting to be left helpless, he falls back on his second command. Kamohoalii closes his eyes and takes a few deep breaths, trying to calm his nerves and get in the zone. An orange glow surrounds his form as he pumps himself up, and he feels the fog in his head begin to clear a little. Not quite enough to regain his lost knowledge, but he finds himself feeling a bit more optimistic at least, and eager to tear into his foe again.

Unfortunately, Twilight puts another dampener on his mood as she blasts him with yet another seed bomb. Kamohoalii gives a frustrated grunt as the sharp seeds further scar his skin, but he has nothing to retaliate with at the moment, and is left to simply seethe and scowl on the floor.

End of round two

Vipera Magnifica [OOO]
carvanha
Health: 40%
Energy: 80%
Condition: In a world of hurt, but quivering with adrenaline.
Status: Dark pulse disabled (one more action) | Pumped up (Crit ratio raised two stages)
Moves used: Dark pulse - focus energy - nothing

Dazel [OOO]
pumpkaboo
Health: 52%
Energy: 81%
Condition: Feeling hella stoked.
Moves used: Disable - seed bomb x2

Twilight Princess: disable = costs 4% energy
Seed bomb x2 = 15 damage each, costs 3 energy each

Kamohoalii: dark pulse = 15% damage, costs 4% energy (no flinch rolled)
Focus energy = costs 5% energy

no crits rolled
no arena effect rolled

Battle notes

- Focus energy helped Kamohoalii clear his head a bit, reducing the duration effect of disable by one action. (three actions instead of four)
- Dazel attacks first.

I DIDN'T KNOW I ATTACKED FIRST HERE I am so sorry oh my god.

Kick off with yawn, then use seed bomb repeatedly. If yawn fails for some reason, keep using it until it lands successfully, unless it's somehow disabled, in which case just use seed bomb.

Yawn ~ yawn / seed bomb ~ yawn / seed bomb

Start by using Mimic to disable his Seed Bomb. Then Crunch away. Don't worry about being put to sleep; Pumpkaboo can't learn Yawn.

Mimic (Disable) ~ Crunch ~ Crunch

Vipera Magnifica [OOO]
carvanha
Health: 40%
Energy: 80%
Condition: In a world of hurt, but quivering with adrenaline.
Status: Dark pulse disabled (one more action) | Pumped up (Crit ratio raised two stages)

Dazel [OOO]
pumpkaboo
Health: 52%
Energy: 81%
Condition: Feeling hella stoked.

Round three

When she hears her next set of commands, Twilight's bravado deflates a little. Yawn? She has some vague memories of other Pokémon actually managing to put such a mundane action to good use, but she never really could get the hang of it herself. There was some sort of subliminal suggestion involved in that, wasn't there? Looking uncertain, she opens her mouth in a loud and very cute yawn, hoping to maybe lull Kamohoalii into slumber. Unfortunately, the only result is Kamohoalii looking grumpier than ever, having apparently interpreted her yawning as some kind of insult. Embarrassed, Twilight quickly snaps her mouth shut, and hastily runs through her commands again, desperate not to lose her momentum.

As Twilight is left floating about awkwardly, Kamohoalii tries to remember that annoying mind trick his opponent pulled earlier. Although he's lacking in the Pumpkaboo's ghostly powers, Kamohoalii is reasonably confident he can improvise. The thought of giving her a taste of her own medicine is very satisfying, and he lies perfectly still as he lapses into deep concentration, trying to recall exactly how the technique worked.

Twilight isn't sure what Kamohoalii is up to, but his stillness and silence is making her wary. Not wanting to hang around doing nothing, she decides to fall back on the command most familiar to her. Twilight gathers another ball of seeds in her mouth, and sends the projectile flying at Kamohoalii once again. She gives a fanged grin as Kamohoalii yelps, jarred out of his thoughts by the stinging shower of seeds.

However, her glee is short lived, as Kamohoalii is just about done plotting and is more than ready to tear into her again. He flings himself across the court and latches onto her with his wicked fangs, trails of dark energy drooling from his jaws. Twilight wriggles about in distress as the Carvanha viciously shakes her from side to side before finally relinquishing his grip. She anxiously inspects the damage, and is dismayed to see just how badly her fur and pumpkin are torn up with teeth marks now. Marred by the relentless barrage of dark energy, her ghostly form is starting to become faded, and even floating is starting to become a painful chore.

Her spark of confidence from the beginning of the round is already starting to falter, but Twilight does manage to take some solace in the fact that her opponent isn't looking much better. Kamohoalii's hide is badly pock-marked by the repeated blasts of hard-shelled seeds, and his floppy movement is starting to become slow and pained.

The next few moments progress in much the same way, with Kamohoalii furiously chomping into Twilight and her responding with a stinging ball of seeds. The two Pokémon's movement is noticeably more laboured, however, and by the end of it, both are left looking worse for wear.

End of round three

Vipera Magnifica [OOO]
carvanha
Health: 10%
Energy: 71%
Condition: Looking battered and grim.
Status: Disable mimicked | Pumped up (Crit ratio raised two stages)
Moves used: Mimic - crunch x2

Dazel [OOO]
pumpkaboo
Health: 22% (Capped)
Energy: 75%
Condition: Feeling like a chew toy.
Moves used: nothing - seed bomb x2

Twilight Princess: Seed bomb x2 = 15 damage each, costs 3 energy each

Kamohoalii: mimic = 1% energy
Crunch = 16% damage, costs 4% energy (Defense drop roll successful) 2. crunch = 17% damage, costs 4% energy (Defense drop roll successful)
(after rough skin)

no crits rolled
no arena effect rolled

Battle notes

- Sorry this is later than usual; some gross medical issues popped up.
- As stated, Pumpkaboo can't learn yawn. (or hypnosis)
- Mimic takes an action to use, yes.
- Both crunches lowered defense. (and yet, no crits!)
- Vipera Magnifica attacks first.

Now would be a great time to try out one of those fancy combo attacks.

Propel yourself at Twilight Princess with an Aqua Jet and bite into her with a Crunch. If she tries to protect, abandon the Crunch part of the combo and try again on the next action.

Aqua Jet + Crunch / Aqua Jet ~ Aqua Jet + Crunch ~ nothing

Back
Top Bottom