• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Meursault vs Zero Moment II

Totodile

up to no good
Pronoun
she
Format: 3v3 singles-ish. See arena description.
Style: set
DQ: two weeks
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: Super Fang, direct healing, Attract, Teleport. Moves will never inflict confusion.
Arena Description: The Echoing Isles

Three islands, all alike in dignity, in the Fairest Sea we lay our scene. The islands are all identical circles of rocky beaches and dune grass, about 20 meters in diameter, and too far apart for Pokémon to travel quickly between them. The sea is almost eerily calm and open, yet it echoes, allowing battlers on different isles to hear each other clearly.

This leads to some interesting possibilities, to say the least. All 3 of both trainers' Pokémon will be on the field at once, each battling simultaneously on separate islands. Each island is self-contained as far as damage is concerned, but they share weather conditions, and moves that would ordinarily bypass Substitute can be targeted on Pokémon on other islands.

If a Pokémon knocks out its opponent, it will be recalled and sent back out if one of its teammates is knocked out. If both of its teammates are knocked out on the same round, its trainer picks which opponent to fight first.

Trainers will PM their Pokémon to the ref, who will be match them against each other in the order listed.
[size=+2]Meursault vs Zero Moment II[/size]

Meursault's active squad

kirlia Malmö the female Kirlia <Synchronize> @ Lucky Egg
meowth Bastet the female Meowth <Technician> @ Shell Bell
primeape The Mountain Called Monkey the male Primeape <Anger Point> @ Big Root
baltoy Ruin the genderless Baltoy <Levitate> @ Sachet
swablu Minako the female Swablu <Natural Cure> @ Lucky Egg
gastly Delve the female Gastly <Levitate> @ Link Cable
cleffa Usagi the female Cleffa <Magic Guard> @ Soothe Bell
pupitar Berlin the male Pupitar <Shed Skin> @ Lucky Egg
monferno Ringi Cordeiro the female Monferno <Blaze> @ Lucky Egg
gyarados Ishidou Natsuo the female Gyarados <Intimidate> @ Cell Battery

Zero Moment's active squad

cleffa Eurastar the female Cleffa <Magic Guard>
deino Pyralspite the female Deino <Hustle> @ Zoom Lens
lampent Umbra the male Lampent <Flash Fire> @ Wise Glasses
shinx Leafpaw the male Shinx <Intimidate>
vanillite Zephyr the male Vanillite <Ice Body>
rufflet Pallasch the male Rufflet <Keen Eye>
goomy Sinh the female Goomy <Gooey> @ Draco Plate
binacle Binacle the male Binacle <Tough Claws> @ Shell Bell
noibat Noibat the male Noibat <Infiltrator> @ Yache Berry
pancham Faustkämpfer the female Pancham <Iron Fist> @ Moon Stone

Things to do:
- Both of you PM your choice of mons to me
- I'll post who's up against who!

We have our match-ups! The Pokemon are as follows:

- Malmö the Kirlia vs Faustkämpfer the Pancham
- Bastet the Meowth vs Noibat the Noibat
- Usagi the Cleffa vs Binacle the Binacle

The RNG says Meursault will command first, followed by Zero Moment.

one more time, with feeling!~

i'm not sure how literally i meant "self-contained as far as damage is concerned" but i'm going to go ahead and say that just means damage to terrain and stuff. infiltrator moves oughta be clear to hit whoever, and that is ... actually not all that terrifying. not like noibat gets fake out or anything!

these conditionals are all hells of confusing so i guess i gotta write this as it goes. Usagi, you're up first since you have the simplest conditionals of anyone. If Binacle uses Taunt, Torment or Dig, Encore that. (... except if he's using it because it's encored. that would be silly.) Otherwise Solar Beam once, and then use Magical Leaf. There's no way you could plausibly have to Encore or Solar Beam on the Third action, so if you've hit the damage cap on Binacle and aren't taunted, go ahead and Belly Drum! If you are taunted and hit the cap on Binacle, Hyper Voice! ... oh and uh, if there's any protects from him, Magical Leaf into it to waste the least energy.

Usagi: Solar Beam/Encore/Magical Leaf ~ Magical Leaf/Solar Beam/Encore ~ Magical Leaf/Hyper Voice/Belly Drum

Bastet! You are the speedy one. I need you to Taunt that Noibat ASAP. If he protects, direct that Taunt at Binacle instead and try again next action. If they ~both~ protect that action, Work Up. Malmö, for your part, I want you to Skill Swap at Noibat to remove his Skill Swap as soon as he's not protecting. If you can't Skill Swap him, Taunt Faustkämpfer and try again next action. If Faustkämpfer uses Protect when you would ordinarily be targeting him, use Future Sight.

Second action is a repeat of the first for you two if Skill Swap was not used. Regardless, Bastet, after you've successfully taunted Noibat, start hitting him with Icy Winds. If for some reason you can't Icy Wind on the third action, use Swift instead.

Bastet: Taunt@Noibat/Taunt@Binacle/Work Up ~ Taunt@Noibat/Icy Wind ~ Taunt@Noibat/Icy Wind/Swift

Malmö, after you've successfully Skill Swapped Infiltrator off of Noibat, start Zen Headbutting Pancham. If you somehow got Tormented and can't ZHB on the last action, Draining Kiss him instead.

Malmö: Skill Swap@Noibat/Taunt@Faustkämpfer/Future Sight@Faustkämpfer ~ Skill Swap@Noibat/Zen Headbutt/Future Sight@Faustkämpfer ~ Zen Headbutt/Draining Kiss/Future Sight@Faustkämpfer

Back
Top Bottom