• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
2v2 Single
Set, 1 Week DQ
70% damage cap
Banned: OHKOs, weather, direct healing limited to 2
Arena: Desert on a Stormy Night
Battle takes place in a massive sand desert at night. The sand is fairly flat, as about half of it is being blown through the air. Sandstorm is permanently in effect.

Hey, Meursault, I shall take that challenge. I am wiping away all current battles save for the one with Phantom that I am in.

I was hoping to pick up one of the pretty cool challenges out there, but then I got ninja'd every single opportunity, so, I'm forced to make one of my own.

2vs2 Singles
Style: Set
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 22% on a single move, 50% on an entire round.
Banned/Restricted moves: Direct recovery, Pain Split, any moves that instantly faint a battler (Explosion, OHKOs, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, etc.). Chills are restricted to 5 per Pokémon.
Arena: Elemental Crater

Long ago, a meteor landed into this site. Not just any meteor, though -- that one had picked up strange proprieties that still linger in its site of arrival. It seems that staying in the region affects the balance of elemental energy.

At the end of each round, two types will be rolled for each active Pokémon; one type will become a weakness and other will become resisted. If a formerly resisted type is picked for a weakness, or a former weakness becomes resisted, the type becomes neutrally damaging (similarly, double weaknesses and double resistances will be toned down if their interaction is changed to the opposite by the arena, while types that already represent a weakness or resistance can become doubly such).

Other: All Pokémon may use Sleep Talk.

I was hoping to pick up one of the pretty cool challenges out there, but then I got ninja'd every single opportunity, so, I'm forced to make one of my own.

2vs2 Singles
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 22% on a single move, 50% on an entire round.
Banned/Restricted moves: Direct recovery, Pain Split, any moves that instantly faint a battler (Explosion, OHKOs, Destiny Bond, Perish Song, etc.). Chills are restricted to 5 per Pokémon.
Arena: Elemental Crater

Long ago, a meteor landed into this site. Not just any meteor, though -- that one had picked up strange proprieties that still linger in its site of arrival. It seems that staying in the region affects the balance of elemental energy.

At the end of each round, two types will be rolled for each active Pokémon; one type will become a weakness and other will become resisted. If a formerly resisted type is picked for a weakness, or a former weakness becomes resisted, the type becomes neutrally damaging (similarly, double weaknesses and double resistances will be toned down if their interaction is changed to the opposite by the arena, while types that already represent a weakness or resistance can become doubly such).

Other: All Pokémon may use Sleep Talk.

I'll take this. Tournament Deafeat has been awaiting this moment. :grin:

Hey, Meursault, I shall take that challenge. I am wiping away all current battles save for the one with Phantom that I am in.

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but could you... not? :x I'd rather it not be held up by someone who's liable to just drop it in a week when no ref jumps on it.

Also, taking Crazy Linoone vs. Derpy. Shut up I am totally still a ref.
Thread will be up when I get home (about 20 minutes).

Last edited:
I don't mean to be rude or anything, but could you... not? :x I'd rather it not be held up by someone who's liable to just drop it in a week when no ref jumps on it.

Oh, OKay, then I guess. I just wanted to battle and am not going to drop out. This is an interesting arena and wanted to try it out.

But its your choice.

*walks away*

2v2 Single
Set, 1 Week DQ
70% damage cap
Banned: OHKOs, weather, direct healing limited to 2
Arena: Desert on a Stormy Night
Battle takes place in a massive sand desert at night. The sand is fairly flat, as about half of it is being blown through the air. Sandstorm is permanently in effect.

I'll take you on.

3 vs 3
Damage Cap: 30%
DQ: 6 days. If absent, a week after absence.
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Lego City

The capital of Lego Land, made up of normal Lego to Lego Star Wars to Lego Harry Potter. Amid huge, towering buildings and rushing mobs of minifigures, no one would think about battling here. But 2 daring trainers decided to, and the Lego Government gave the day off to everyone. Every single minifigure is here to watch the battle, and if you knock down a building, don't worry. They have insurance. ;D Also, the RNG Shrines are made of Lego. And by the way, when I mean every minifig, I mean everything.

Notes: Actions will be sent by PM.

Last edited:
3 vs 3
Damage Cap: 30%
DQ: 6 days. If absent, a week after absence.
Arena: Lego City

The capital of Lego Land, made up of normal Lego to Lego Star Wars to Lego Harry Potter. Amid huge, towering buildings and rushing mobs of minifigures, no one would think about battling here. But 2 daring trainers decided to, and the Lego Government gave the day off to everyone. Every single minifigure is here to watch the battle, and if you knock down a building, don't worry. They have insurance. ;D Also, the RNG Shrines are made of Lego. And by the way, when I mean every minifig, I mean everything.

Notes: Actions will be sent by PM.

I'll be dropping me vs. Ultra-Saiyan Jace (now known as Braeburn) Sorry :X

and taking this.

Sorry ILS, our battle is so old and I really wanted to put up this challenge so I'm dropping it.

(ILS = I liek Squirtles)

3vs3
Damage Cap: 33%
DQ: 6 days
Arena: Mushroom World

A strange place full of huge mushrooms that people and Pokemon can stand on with ease. Below is a pit rumoured to be bottomless. Every turn, there is a 10% chance that a huge frog will appear and stamp on a random Pokemon for 10% damage. The RNG shrine is on the highest mushroom.

Sorry ILS, our battle is so old and I really wanted to put up this challenge so I'm dropping it.

(ILS = I liek Squirtles)

3vs3
Damage Cap: 33%
DQ: 6 days
Arena: Mushroom World

A strange place full of huge mushrooms that people and Pokemon can stand on with ease. Below is a pit rumoured to be bottomless. Every turn, there is a 10% chance that a huge frog will appear and stamp on a random Pokemon for 10% damage. The RNG shrine is on the highest mushroom.

This for anyone?

I'll take it.

looking for

battle format:1v1
DQ time:1 week
damage cap:up to 40%
banned moves:OHKO, chills, direct recovery
Arena:normal arena

thats what i got.

The following battles have been removed from the board due to lack of interest:

Kratos Aurion vs Totodile
DarkAura vs Light Yagami
Karkat Vantas vs Mawile
Barubu vs Le Sabre
Hawke vs Cypher

Negrek, if you will battle me, I will appreciate it. If not, place this as an open challenge (dropping vs. Steel Syther either way)

6 vs. 6 single
DQ: 1 week (can be bumped down once I get high-speed internet, I’ll alert once I do)
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing = 2/Pokemon, Chills = 3/Pokemon

Arena: The table on a dinner train

Description: You know all those dinner trains; you ride and eat on them. Well, we will be battling on the table before we eat. Only the Pokemon will be shrunk down to scale. We, the battlers, will continue to be normal size, sitting in the booths on opposite sides of the table. The ref will sit in a chair on the end of the table. Every round, there is a 25% chance that a waiter/waitress will come by and give a different item to each battler. The battler can choose when to use the item for their Pokemon.

10% chance for each item (Single Use Items)
i. Fresh Water (restores 10% health)
ii. Lemonade (restores 20% health)
iii. Soda Pop (restore 10% health/10% energy)
iv. Strawberries (restores 20% energy)
v. Blueberries (restores 15% energy)
vi. Pizza Slice (restores 10% health/10% energy)
vii. Salad (restores 10% health/20% energy)
viii. Chicken Leg (restores 20% health/10% energy)
ix. French Fries (restores 15% health/15% energy)
x. Pie Slice (restores 15% health/15% energy)

3 vs 3 single
Damage Cap: 50%
DQ: 1 week
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healers
Arena: Route 1

Exactly what it says on the tin. The battle takes place in a grassy field just off to the side of the route itself. There are trees scattered here and there, and there's a pond nearby that can be used for water attacks. Also, for some reason Professor Oak is wandering around nearby, and there is a 10% chance at the end of each round that he will show up and praise one of the Pokemon for its battling, causing a random stat to be raised by 1.

Other: Only Pokemon that can evolve further are allowed.

3 vs 3 single
Damage Cap: 50%
DQ: 1 week
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healers
Arena: Route 1

Exactly what it says on the tin. The battle takes place in a grassy field just off to the side of the route itself. There are trees scattered here and there, and there's a pond nearby that can be used for water attacks. Also, for some reason Professor Oak is wandering around nearby, and there is a 10% chance at the end of each round that he will show up and praise one of the Pokemon for its battling, causing a random stat to be raised by 1.

Other: Only Pokemon that can evolve further are allowed.

I'll take you on if you like :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom