• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gender Profile Field and Random BBCode

Butterfree

Still loves Joltik, though!
Staff member
Heartache staff
Pronoun
she/her
Okay, I've finally brought back the gender profile field; your options this time are "Male", "Female" and "Call me 'It'". Nothing is displayed until you have actually set it, however; do that here.

There is also a new BBCode, [random]. It allows you to display a random item from what you specify - the format is [random]Something|||Something else|||Something else altogether[/random]. Obviously, this is mostly useful in signatures as it allows you to display random banners, random quotes, etc. (BBCode parsing continues within the tag, so you can put images there if you like).

So:

[random][sprite=dp]Bulbasaur[/sprite]|||[sprite=dp]Charmander[/sprite]|||[sprite=dp]Squirtle[/sprite][/random] becomes

Squirtle
(Refresh to see it change.)

Aaand that's it. Have fun.

EDIT1: Wait, I just realized that what with post caching, randomizing is not going to work properly. I'll go try to figure something out. Stay tuned.

EDIT2: Okay, it works. It's not parsed in signatures displayed in profiles, but meh. :/

Last edited:
:O Dannichu can now bring back her Icon of the Now!

EDIT: And your sig is busted, Butterfree

EDIT2: D: Random looked like fun...

EDIT3: I like editing >.>

Very nice. But now the 'guess he above poster's gender' game is completely redundant. Nevertheless, I barely ever use Forum Games anyway still very useful and one of the features I was awaiting the return of,

Blaziking 175 said:
My gender was already pretty obvious.

Blaziking 175.

My surname is "King" and that doesn't automatically make me a male. My username is the name of a male character and that doesn't automatically make me a male. :/

Anyway, good luck trying to sort out the random code. Should make for some funtimes when it's up and running.

My gender was completely nontrivial, since despite the fact I'm male, the 'character' I use for my username is female. I'm sure it confused a few people along the way, but this should clear that up.

I think the random tag may have another problem... Either that, or this is affecting all threads.

Threads won't load entirely, causing the irritating little loading symbol to remain. This ONLY happens when refreshing a thread D:

I think the random tag may have another problem... Either that, or this is affecting all threads.

Threads won't load entirely, causing the irritating little loading symbol to remain. This ONLY happens when refreshing a thread D:

Not happening for me. :/

Back
Top Bottom