• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Art by Spaekle D:>

spaekle

emotionless and cold as ice
SPAEKLE'S ART THREAD.

There's no banner. How boring.

FAN STUFF.

Pokemon

Cherrim - I haven't touched prismacolors in forever and wanted to see if I could still use them. Obviously not. :(
Spaeklegunk - All the cool kids had Pokesonas and I wanted one too. I'm not sure why the Croagunk has hair either, but Spaekle isn't Spaekle without the Spaeklehair, I've discovered. We'll say it's a wig. Next time I might try giving it a jacket, too.
Old Toxicroak - I decided I liked it enough to put back up after all. Very old.
Toxicroak - Just a meh-ish Toxicroak. Note how I tried to foreshorten and failed miserably.
Victreebel - done with oil pastels. I really can't decide if I like this or not, between the crappy shading, the illegible L'Arc-en-Ciel lyrics, and the fact that it looks like something you'd hang in your kitchen.

The World Ends With You
Random CG'ed Joshua - Yep, I suck at CGing. Ignore the random highlights on his hair that don't make any sense, please. D:

NOT FAN STUFF.

Subheader for no reason
Aqueduct - Art assignment; a collaborative effort with a friend of mine who's much better at art than me. She did the initial sketch and gave me some directions, and I did most of the watercolors.
Frightened Marker Kid - Um, yeah. The wings blow.
Frog - An art assignment; I had to do a prismacolor piece featuring an animal in its natural habitat. I still really like this, even though I agree with my teacher that it needs more value. Note the half-assed background.
Girl - I heard of these awesome new things called "girls" the other day and thought maybe I'd draw one. Only it looks like a man, so I guess not. D: Isn't the half-assed background funny? The skin isn't colored or anything simply because... I don't have a skin-tone marker. Uh-huh.
Nyeeeee - This guy lives in my head and eats things, I guess.
Pot - Also known as Vase. Back by popular(?) demand.
Random Nameless Fishy Dude - I quite like this.
Slugs - Just because.

REQUESTS/SUGGESTIONS/ET CETERA?

I'll take suggestions. I'm really not likely to outright refuse one, but I'm very likely to put it off for ages and ages. I feel bad about it, but that tends to be how it happens. :( Some I go "wow, I *would* like to draw that :O" and get it done in an hour or two, and others I start on, don't like the result, scrap, then do over about five times, then decide there are fifty other things I'd also like to draw and do those instead... you know.

Also, if you suggest fan stuff, I'd much prefer if it were from something I'm familiar with.

Last edited:
Re: Spaeklebagels

Aah, you'd just made another art thread and then it died. Aww~

I still love the frog and pot and aquaduct, though (link to the pot because I like it, damn you~).

Your humans are damn good - hehe, Josua reminds me of Near from DN. And the merman is especially awesome because he's anime style-ish, but looks like a man.

And the slug died of pretzel ; ;

My art thread can't decide if it wants to live or not. :<

Cherrim - I haven't touched prismacolors in forever and wanted to see if I could still use them. Obviously not. :(

Victreebel - done with oil pastels. I really can't decide if I like this or not, between the crappy shading, the illegible L'Arc-en-Ciel lyrics, and the fact that it looks like something you'd hang in your kitchen.

Girl - I heard of these awesome new things called "girls" the other day and thought maybe I'd draw one. Isn't the half-assed background funny? The skin isn't colored or anything simply because... I don't have a skin-tone marker. Uh-huh.

Meh heh heh? All the cool kids had Pokesonas and I wanted one too. I'm not sure why the Croagunk has hair either, but Spaekle isn't Spaekle without the Spaeklehair, I've discovered. We'll say it's a wig. Next time I might try giving it a jacket, too.

Oh, and hey Kai, does this work? D: Gijinka-izing Ivysaur in general was a bit difficult; took me forever to decide what to do with the bulb thing, and their personalities were tricky too; I figured, 'impetuous and silly' meant spontaneuous, kind of all over the place and random/weird, probably the LMAO FOODS WITH FUNNY NAMES type, while "somewhat vain"... eeh, I tried to reflect that by making him a bit more well-dressed and I figured he'd be the type to be like "...No." at LOL people. You did say they were both guys, right? Infinitely sorry that took as effing long as it did. :<

Now I must do Gwee. Gwee requires a lot of explanation. Hmm.

Also I'm going camping, like, all next week as far as I know. So I won't be on for a week. I'll take all my art stuff with me and I'll probably end up drawing a lot out of boredom, but I won't be on at all.

Last edited:

I really like the Old Toxicroak, it looks so frog-like~

And that frog is just plain awesome. It looks so realistic, like you took a picture. You're good at drawing frogs!

Your pokesona is cute! I especially like the expression, it's so... "Meh heh heh."

All I have is one criticism: Your Girl picture, um, sort of looks like a guy. The face is kind of strange. I think it's the chin, it just doesn't look like the type of a chin a girl would have.

All I have is one criticism: Your Girl picture, um, sort of looks like a guy. The face is kind of strange. I think it's the chin, it just doesn't look like the type of a chin a girl would have.

You know, I was thinking that too. I just don't draw girls very much and am not used to it. :D; That needs work. Thanks!

Oh, that works just perfect, Spaekle. I love how the Growlithe is just... well, vain. The Ivysaur creeps me out slightly, but it's still great. Thank you :grin:

You know what I seriously envy? Not just your ability to draw, but your talent with just about every artistic medium there is. Oil pastels are the art materials Satan uses, but the Victreebel looks absolutely brilliant and the pastely effect, especially around the mouth and on the leaves, it brilliant.

The Cherrim is criminally adorable and I especially like how the pink flows into the purple at the tops of the, uh, petal thingies.

And your Pokesona is awesome. The glasses and expression are perfect X3

Haaa, thanks people. :D I felt sad that this died again, so I guess I'll post some boring stuff to bump it while I try drawing better things.

This is a toucan that look maybe 5-10 minutes. Yeah.
The return of the guy who lives in my head and eats things, with some introspection on my drawing habits.
a hand and another hand. The thumbs look off in both.
Gwee - is a long story. I got photoshop, by the way! I fail at computer lineart. And maybe just lineart in general.

I've been doing a lot of things that seem like art assignments lately to get back in the swing of things for school. I haven't done many presentable things lately, though. I only post stuff I'm at least halfway proud of here. Which might be why my thread dies so much. :B

Haha, I love the "generic poses" one, partly because I do exactly the same thing. DX The hands are also very good, especially the first one, where the thumb might look a very very tiny bit off, but the other fingers are quite good. In the second one, the thumb looks like it might be a bit long, but it's still really good. I should try practicing drawing hands~

The photoshop one looks really good, as well. I actually like the lineart in that a lot, and it's colored nicely, too. :3

Back
Top Bottom