• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

moon-panther vs. Negrek

Phoenixsong

beep beep coming through
Pronoun
she/they/any
moony said:
3v3
Single Battle
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: none
Banned Moves: Sunny Day. Chill moves are restricted to five per pokémon. Healing moves are restricted to three per pokemon.
Arena: Moonbeam Meadow

A open meadow that is bathed in moonlight. Butterfree and Beautifly can be seen flying about peacefully. Near the Meadow there is a pond that Lotads and Goldeen are be seen swimming.

moon-panther's active squad: [Riza] Pidgey (F) <Keen Eye> - [Mia] Magikarp (F) - [Ming] Ralts (F) <Trace> - [Chaos] Vulpix (F) - [Roy] Charmander (M) - [Halan] Riolu (M) <Steadfast> - [Hui] Medicham (F) - [Hughes] Houndour (M) <Early Bird> - [Takumi] Mudkip (M) - [Atlanta] Myrid (F) <Water Absorb>

Negrek's active squad: [Rapacious] Treecko (M) - [Apophis] Ekans (M) <Intimidate> - [Sparchaeopteryx] Aerodactyl (F) <Pressure> - [Mandarb] Absol (F) <Pressure> @ Reaper Cloth {body mod: light armor w/ poison barb} - [Infidel] Meowth (M) <Technician> @ Dread Plate - [Coralinth] Sandshrew (F) - [Acheron] Sableye (M) <Stall> {move mod: Magic Coat} - [Silver] Togepi (M) <Serene Grace> - [Igneous] Magby (M) - [Mjolnir] Mareep (F)

...you might want to fix Igneous, Negrek and Mjolnir's approval links, btw.

Negrek sends out
moon-panther sends and attacks
Negrek attacks
lalalala

*grumbles* freaking Sableye....

I'm starting with my Halan.

Halan, here are the attacks.

First off, I want a foresight so you can actually hit the stinking gremlin. Then I want you to use Force Palm, then follow up with another Force Palm.

unless Acheron uses protect against Foresight or you missed the first time, use Foresight again until you pull it off. Lets take this creeper down my dear.

Foresight ~ Force Palm / Foresight ~ Force Palm / Foresight

Okay, Acheron, it's time for some revenge! You ready to redeem yourself, my friend? Then let's get rolling!

Begin by using a combination of shadow sneak and shadow claw to zoom behind Halan and clamber up onto the back of his head. You're actually only about 2/3 his height and weigh next to nothing; if he ends up falling over because you're on his back, well, whatever. In any case, the idea is to latch onto his head so that no matter how he turns it, he won't be able to see you--if he can't lay eyes on you, his foresight won't work! If you can't hunch up and get yourself securely on his outsize head, then try bracing your feet on his shoulders and preventing him from turning his head instead. Not having any bones and being able to phase your legs (for the moment) as necessary, I hope you can arrange yourself. As I told you the last time we tried this, use that shadow claw to sink your little scrabblers in for a deep hold, and if it will help you hang on (or get your feet out of the way), feel free to phase into Halan partially in order to get an anchor.

In any case, stick to that riolu like glue, so that no matter where he looks, he won't be able to see you. At least he should have trouble reaching around to get a good force palm going. But anyway, hang tough for the rest of the round and whisper your vilest taunts in those ridiculous floppy ears of his.

If Halan manages to get off a successful force palm, though, drop taunt and counter it. We can do the damage of two force palms with one attack, so at least we should stay about even with the little snot! ...who is actually bigger than you, but eh, technicalities...

Shadow Sneak + Shadow Claw @ Back of Halan's head ~ Taunt / Counter

(( And what ghost-type attack does Negrek love to overuse...?

Probably would have been much safer to go with the original idea but oh well last-minute crazy plan go go go. ))

moon-panther vs. Negrek, Round One

Pre-Round Stats

Team moony (3/3 Pokémon Remaining)

Riolu
Halan (M) [Steadfast]
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: Loose, limber and ready to tussle with the creepy purple midget thing
Halan's Commands: Foresight ~ Force Palm/Foresight ~ Force Palm/Foresight

Team Negrek (3/3 Pokémon Remaining)

Sableye
Acheron (M) [Stall]
Move Mod: +Magic Coat
Energy: 100%
Status: Not about to lose to a mere child, that's for damn sure
Acheron's Commands: Shadow Sneak + Shadow Claw ~ Taunt/Counter

A open meadow that is bathed in moonlight. Butterfree and Beautifly can be seen flying about peacefully. Near the Meadow there is a pond that Lotads and Goldeen are be seen swimming.

The small, white horn of a Golden pokes above the surface of the small pond for just a moment before quickly sinking back down into the water. The Goldeen it belongs to had briefly entertained the idea of peeking above the water to see what was going to happen with the strange Riolu and Sableye by the edge of her pond, but she thought better of it at the last moment. Sableye have a reputation for causing a lot of trouble, and Fighting-types like Riolu tend to be destructive; she doesn't want to be anywhere near them if things get hairy. As the Goldeen swims back down to the bottom of the pond, the Riolu gives himself a few more moments to stretch before his battle starts. Halan is not as worried about his opponent as the Goldeen. He's at least a full head taller than this thing, and with a little elbow grease and some know-how he's sure he'll be able to give it a real pounding. The Sableye simply yawns and relaxes, watching Halan with some amusement. His last foe gave him something of a hard time, but this guy? A cakewalk for someone as devious and powerful as Acheron! And after the little snot is out of the way, he can move on to a real opponent.

Round One: Begin!

A Butterfree flits serenely from one end of the meadow to the other, flying over Acheron as it goes. The Sableye smiles as the butterfly's shadow passes over him momentarily. Halan, watching from his position by the pond, does a double-take as the Butterfree moves on by. He was just looking at Acheron, he could swear he'd just seen him right there, a few yards away, but as soon as the Butterfree's shadow fell on him... he vanished! The Riolu glances around at chest height nervously. The sneaky little midget has got to be around somewhere, but where? Unfortunately, chest height is not low enough for Halan to see what he is trying to see. A dark, shadowy something darts across the ground, nearly invisible in the darkness, and circles around behind Halan. Without warning, Acheron springs up from the moving shadow, leaps onto Halan's back and scrabbles awkwardly at his head, dragging claws that drip with black, ghostly energy across the Riolu's scalp in a bid for more purchase. Halan shakes wildly, desperate to throw his opponent off, but to no avail--though the first thrashes do weaken Acheron's grip, the Sableye simply grits his teeth and forces his hands to become immaterial before shoving them a little deeper into Halan's head.

Unable to dislodge the cackling, sharp-clawed ghost on his back, Halan tries to prevent him from trying anything like this again. His eyes flash and a reddish beam emanates from them, reaching a good distance across the meadow. He tries to sweep his gaze across the ground as best he can given the extra weight on his head and back, but he knows it isn't doing any good; his real target is clinging to his back side, in exactly the one place that the Riolu's gaze cannot reach. The red glare crosses over a few resting Beautifly and Butterfree, and startles a few Lotad floating near the surface of the pond, but otherwise Halan accomplishes nothing. Snarling angrily, he stops glaring around and returns to his attempts to shake Acheron off.

After taking a minute to calm himself down Halan tries again, twisting his head sharply in the hope that he can catch at least Acheron's elbow or the side of his face or something with the read beams of light. Try as he might, however, wherever he turns Acheron automatically turns as well, always just out of reach. The constant jerking and twisting is a little uncomfortable for the Sableye, and he really doesn't want to encourage any more, but he leans over just enough to start whispering some very nasty things at the long, black appendages hanging at the sides of Halan's head. They don't exactly pick up much, but the little pointed ears at the top of the Riolu's head certainly do, and they don't like what they hear. Halan snarls even louder and redoubles his thrashing, completely forgetting about any foresight and, indeed, anything that doesn't involve tearing that filthy Acheron into a bajillion miniscule pieces.

Content with the damage he's been able to do so far, Acheron focuses on keeping his hands buried in Halan's skull and not being thrown off. His feet keep slipping off every time the Riolu moves, and he finally partially phases his feet into Halan's shoulders as well. Whether or not this is actually more comfortable than his original position is debatable, as now his hips and shoulders are being jerked around on their own and his legs can't naturally follow suit. A fed up Halan completely takes leave of his common sense and flails around behind him with one arm, trying his absolute hardest to smack Acheron something awful. What little he can reach, however, is still incorporeal and his paw passes straight through.

Round One: Close

Post-Round Stats

Riolu
Halan (M) [Steadfast]
Health: 85%
Energy: 91%

Sableye
Acheron (M) [Stall]
Energy: 90%
Status: Partially phased into Halan's back, uncomfortable but confident

Arena Status: Nothing has changed.

Ref's Notes
-Negrek attacks first next round.

Excellent work, Acheron! That's how it's done--minus anatomical mistakes on my part, perhaps. Now, let's start off by breathing a will-o-wisp into the back of Halan's head. Taunt him again, and then finish up with a shadow ball. Do your best to hang on for as long as possible--I know it's uncomfortable, but Halan's liking it even less!

If, though, it looks like Halan really is going to be able to get you off, don't fight it too hard--unphase your hands before you get seriously hurt, because seriously, getting your arms ripped off because you weren't going to let go would be sort of uncool.

If Halan protects or detects (though if you're still stuck on top of him, I doubt the latter would do much good because he doesn't exactly have a lot of dodging options), then nasty plot up instead. Make sure you get in a taunt, though, so move that to the last action if you're interrupted in the second.

Will-o-Wisp / Nasty Plot ~ Taunt / Nasty Plot ~ Shadow Ball / Taunt / Nasty Plot

Alright...lets see if this will work.

Halan! I want you to start to dig! I want you to dig a hole big enough for you, only you. Hopefully this will get that demented monkey off your back. Then, once he is off, I want you to pop your head out and foresight him. Then tackle him from the ground with all your might with a drain punch!

But if you can't foresight, then dug again so you'll be out of it's sight.

Dig ~ Foresight ~ Drain Punch/ Dig

...I think I can do this attack order...not solid on that.

Wait, moony... what's your question about the attack order? And do you want Halan to use Dig instead of Foresight or not? Your summary and your initial orders are different.

*re-reads* ummm...I believe what I was saying was...if foresight didn't work, I wouldn't be able to attack him with Drain punch since the ghost part of him won't let fighting moves land on him. So instead to using drain punch I'd like him to remain under ground.

moon-panther vs. Negrek, Round Two

Pre-Round Stats

Riolu
Halan (M) [Steadfast]
Health: 85%
Energy: 91%
Halan's Commands: Dig ~ Foresight ~ Drain Punch/Dig

Sableye
Acheron (M) [Stall]
Energy: 90%
Status: Partially phased into Halan's back, uncomfortable but confident
Acheron's Commands: Will-o-Wisp/Nasty Plot ~ Taunt/Nasty Plot ~ Shadow Ball/Taunt/Nasty Plot

Round Two: Begin!

Halan, furious and desperate to get Acheron off of his back, drops to his knees and begins tearing at the soft, grassy earth with his paws. Acheron watches curiously, unsure of what his host is doing--what's the point of digging a big old hole? The hole that Halan creates, however, isn't especially large at all. He squeezes himself down into it as he digs with determination, and as he goes along the Sableye realizes something: the hole is only large enough for Halan alone to fit through. The composition of the ground isn't the same as that of the Riolu, and Acheron can't slip through it as easily without expending more effort. His head is pushed back uncomfortably as Halan struggles downward, his completely solid eye-gems and his semi-solid face unable to follow and pressing into the ground. Remembering Negrek's instructions he lets go reluctantly, pulling his hands and feet out of the Riolu's body and crouching on the ground by the hole. He grumbles as he watches the now-free Halan continue digging down at a much faster pace. He tries flicking a little wisp of ghostly, bluish flame down after his escaping foe, but the will-o-wisp simply hits the side of the tunnel and fizzles out uselessly.

Now that Acheron has been forcibly removed from his person Halan is ready to bring on some pain. Unfortunately, he cannot do this without first forcing Acheron to become solid; he knows this, but he's still far too angry to want to do anything more than beat the Sableye up as hard as he can. With his common sense and his fury in conflict as they are, Halan can't do much more than sit at the bottom of his hole and try to calm himself down.

Acheron, of course, will not have any of this. Angry babies are funny! So he leans over the edge of the hole--now that he's by himself he could fit down it if he wanted to, but he doesn't feel like getting any more dirt in his mouth just yet--and shouts down after Halan, bombarding him with a second round of hurtful insults. What a little loser baby! He's too stupid to know how to fight a big, bad ghost, little whiny baby can't do anything but crawl into a hole and hide! And cry! Like a baby! Halan, who has just about collected himself again, tries his best to shut out Acheron's taunting. He's just jealous because I outsmarted him, don't fall for it, don't fall for it... even with the mental pep talk, however, Halan cannot help but find himself goaded into anger again.

Once again Halan finds himself in a predicament. He really, really, really wants to tear Acheron's head off, he wants it so badly, but he can't do much in the way of harming the Sableye physically. Frustrated, he turns around and continues digging, this time into the side of his tunnel instead of further down, mentally substituting Acheron's face for the rocks and soil he tears away. Acheron bites his lip; the whiny baby is crawling deeper into the ground, and he's fast becoming a difficult target to hit. The ghost leans out over the hole, sticks an arm down and forms a ball of dark shadows at the tips of his claws. At this angle he can't see Halan at all, but it's not as though he would've been able to see much before anyway; he simply curses and fires the shadow ball straight down, hoping for the best. Luckily for him, Halan is currently only half buried in the side of the tunnel; sheer luck causes the sphere of darkness to strike the Riolu right in his bottom, illiciting a muffled sound halfway between a squeal and a snarl. Halan growls and continues to dig even more furiously and Acheron pulls his arm out of the hole, grinning.

Round Two: Close

Post-Round Stats

Riolu
Halan (M) [Steadfast]
Health: 75%
Energy: 83%

Sableye
Acheron (M) [Stall]
Energy: 78%

Arena Status: Nothing has changed.

Ref's Notes
-Will-O-Wisp missed.
-Taunt's effectiveness was reduced because Halan tried harder to keep himself from losing control again.
-moon-panther attacks first next round.

Last edited:
Halan, my dearm you are doing very well. Now for the next round.

You've been taunted gain, that's now good. So I want you to continues to dig, taking all your frustration on the dirt. Do this for the first two rounds, making it harder to hear anymore taunts the further the tunnel goes. But in the second action of digging, I want you to make your way back to the surface. By the time you reach the top, your head should have cooled off. Pop you head out and find the creeper so you can hit it with a foresight.

But if you haven's felt your anger going down, I want you to direct that tunnel towards the pond. Dig into the tunnel and let the pressure and flow of the water rocket you up the tunnel while surrounding your claws with the ghostly powers of Shadow claw. That creep won't know what hit's it!

Dig ~ Dig to surface/ Dig to Pond ~ Foresight/Shadow Claw

Okay, Acheron, this should be no sweat. Start off by leaning into Halan's hole and yelling a torment at him; I doubt he'll be able to dig far enough away to escape your voice. Give it your all, though, in terms of volume.

Now, that should hopefully prevent him from using dig on his next action, or maybe he'll pop from the combined tension of being taunted and tormented out of his damaging attack, who knows. Even if torment doesn't work, I doubt he'll be able to make up three actions worth of digging with a single action heading towards the surface, so we should be good anyway. Just think bad thoughts for a while.

Finish off by reaching underground with your mind and giving him a good psychic throttle. If he's managed to resurface, though, use the psychic to force him back down his tunnel, since he's not supposed to emerge from it all the way. Hopefully you can get some damage in, too.

If possible, edge towards the water while using those last two actions.

Torment ~ Nasty Plot ~ Psychic

moon-panther vs. Negrek, Round Three

Pre-Round Stats

Riolu
Halan (M) [Steadfast]
Energy: 83%
Halan's Commands: Dig ~ Dig to surface/ Dig to Pond ~ Foresight/Shadow Claw

Sableye
Acheron (M) [Stall]
Energy: 78%
Acheron's Commands: Torment ~ Nasty Plot ~ Psychic

Round Three: Begin!

Dirt flies back toward the tunnel entrance as Halan digs with renewed fury, fighting rocks and root ends out of his way as he works toward the serene pond some distance away. Acheron sticks his head into the hole and stares down it, hoping to catch a glimpse of his entertainment. Even the Sableye's eyes, so accustomed to dark caves, cannot see the Riolu now that he's tunneled away at a ninety-degree angle. And there's no real way for him to see just how far along Halan has gotten, either. He sighs, but his exasperation doesn't last long. Even if Halan is technically out of earshot, he's having too much fun to let that stop him. The ghost shouts more derisive comments down the hole, insisting that Halan is being incredibly boring but just sitting there and digging holes all the time and that he'll never, ever, ever be able to beat anyone ever if he just does the same thing again and again. There's this thing, you see, and it's called strategy, and Mr. Whiny Baby really ought to give it a whirl some time. The soft dirt and awkward angle muffle the sound somewhat, but the hole isn't especially long; Halan can still hear most of what Acheron is shouting, and he doesn't like it one bit.

Halan stops digging and fumes, a low, angry growl rising in the back of his throat. That... that... ghost! He's had it with all of this constant taunting and tormenting, and logic be damned he is going to rip that effing Sableye's ugly head off right now. Acheron, still sitting by the edge of the hole and sniggering, is taken aback when a furious scream issues from underground. Before he can react Halan charges straight out of his hole and begins flailing wildly at the specter's body, a little blue and black whirlwind of paws, claws, teeth and tail. Each frenzied swipe passes harmlessly through Acheron's purple form, one or two bouncing off of a gem, but Acheron is startled nonetheless and falls over in surprise. He crawls backward a few feet, out from under the hail of blows, and Halan keeps swinging for several seconds even after Acheron is out of reach. Then, all of a sudden, the Riolu drops to his knees. Ineffective as it was, the chance to take some wild, violent swings at Acheron at last finally pacifies him a bit. Most of his fury ebbs out of him along with the surge of adrenaline, and he takes a few deep, calming breaths. Acheron lies on his back and thinks for a minute or two. That was... disturbing. It was sort of funny, in a way, because Halan wasted all of that time and energy effectively swiping at air, but it would have been a Very Bad Thing had Acheron been forced into the physical realm. Well, he's just going to have to do whatever he can to keep that from happening, and to keep the aggressive little brat in his place. Wicked idea after wicked idea drifts through Acheron's thoughts, each one more depraved (and fun!) than the last; the brief rest even gives him the time to invent a few more colorful insults.

Now that he's had a little time to relax and calm himself down, Halan can finally do what he'd been hoping to do all along--make Acheron into a suitable punching bag. His red irises glow brightly, and a wide beam of reddish light reaches out across the darkened meadow. Acheron hisses as the light touches him; he tries to crawl away, toward the banks of the pond, but Halan just turns his head and sweeps the beam right along after and over him. The red light tugs hard at the Sableye, forcibly wrenching each strand of ghostly energy into the physical world. Acheron pouts as he looks at his clawed hands, so unnervingly solid now, and then glares at his foe. The red light has died away now that Halan is satisfied with his work, and the Riolu sneers right back at Acheron. Grumbling, the now very tangible ghost stands up and locks eyes with Halan. All of the terrible plans he'd drummed up a few minutes ago resurface, fueling the waves of psychic energy he directs toward Halan. Perhaps Acheron's terrible plans are a bit too entertaining, however--he is so bent on making the Riolu dance like a monkey all the way back into his little hole that he focuses a bit too heavily on the dancing and not so heavily on the Riolu. Halan skitters to the side to make way for the squealing Lotad that floats past, lifted roughly and painfully from the pond bank it'd been watching from. The duck-plant Pokémon doesn't quite make it all the way into Halan's hole; Acheron's dark attributes hinder his psychic abilities somewhat, and he drops his target about a foot away from the edge of the hole... at which point he realizes that the shivering, fleeing blue thing he'd just attacked was totally not the baby. The Sableye kicks the ground with his newly solid feet and curses audibly, unable to believe that he'd failed to attack the psychotic baby; the traumatized Lotad hops back into the water and immediately vanishes among the lilypads, and several other Lotad poke their heads above the water to glower at Acheron.

Round Three: Close

Post-Round Stats

Riolu
Halan (M) [Steadfast]
Energy: 69%
Status: Tormented (3 more actions); still needled, but feeling a little better now

Sableye
Acheron (M) [Stall]
Energy: 67%
Status: Special Attack +2; Foresight-locked (5 more actions); mad about his screw-up and kind of worried by that display of rabid violence, even if it didn't hurt him

Arena Status: A hole several feet deep sits in the center of the field, and I totally mentioned this last time don't be ridiculous. Nothing else has changed.

Ref's Notes
-Halan was so angry and frustrated on the second action that he rushed out of his hole and tried to attack Acheron.
-Psychic missed. It is hard to find ways to describe Psychic "missing". But I had to because it rolled a 100 so blech.
-Negrek attacks first next round.

Well, Acheron, that could have gone better, but no need to worry. Let's try this.

Start out with a shadow sneak into the pond and underneath one of those lotad. You don't have to breathe, but I'm not so sure how well Halan can swim. At the least, the water should make it a bit difficult for him to get at you with something direct, and because I want you to come up behind a lotad and grab it firmly, hopefully you should have something to block any energy attacks that come your way. Lotad is as big as you but fortunately doesn't have very prodigious appendages for struggling or anything, so hopefully if you get it from behind it shouldn't be too difficult to hold onto. If the lotad wants to drag you underwater or something, so much the better; just go with the flow and hang on tight! Keep lotad between you and Halan and block attacks with as much as possible.

After that point, use a psychic to knock Halan back and deal some heavy damage. If your first psychic is successful, just chill and hold onto your little hostage in the last action. Otherwise, try it again--go for one psychic this round unless you need to counter twice.

Finally, if Halan makes it close enough to try something physical, counter it. If that means giving up your lotad, so be it, but try to avoid that as much as possible. I think it would make an excellent bludgeoning weapon!

Oh, and if you do get shaken off the lotad, just try to sink to the bottom and stay there; the water is protection in and of itself.

Shadow Sneak @ Lotad ~ Psychic / Counter ~ Chill / Psychic / Counter

Backup strategy: molesting innocent bystanders.

Crap >< Sorry about that.

Ok ok..what to do...what to do......hmmm...maybe...

Ok. I brought up this point in the Attack guide awhile ago about Riolu and Aura sphere. If what I gather is correct, I can use this to my advantage.

I want you to start off with a simple attack. Grab that Lotad and fling it at the gremlin's face! After, Aura Sphere the creeper, then finish by leaping at him with a Poison Jab.

Hope this works. But if I can't use Aura Sphere, then sub it with a Brick Break.

Fling the Lotad ~ Aura Sphere/ Brick Break ~ Poison Jab

moon-panther vs. Negrek, Round Four

Pre-Round Stats

Riolu
Halan (M) [Steadfast]
Energy: 69%
Status: Tormented (3 more actions); still needled, but feeling a little better now
Halan's Commands: Fling (Lotad) ~ Aura Sphere/Brick Break ~ Poison Jab

Sableye
Acheron (M) [Stall]
Energy: 67%
Status: Special Attack +2; Foresight-locked (5 more actions); mad about his screw-up and kind of worried by that display of rabid violence, even if it didn't hurt him
Acheron's Commands: Shadow Sneak (Lotad) ~ Psychic/Counter ~ Chill/Psychic/Counter

Round Four: Begin!

The nearest Lotad continues to give Acheron its most withering glare, apparently determined to beat the Sableye into humble submission by sheer force of will. Acheron stares back, not so much concerned by the Lotad's ire as he is intent on studying it and the options it presents to him. When he is satisifed with what he's dreamed up, he takes a few steps back and slides down into his own shadow once more. Melting into the immaterial darkness feels good, oh, so good, and he relishes the feeling for all of the short time that he can experience it. It's over all too soon, however--the ghost reaches his destination and rematerializes, completely solid again. Any surprise the Lotad might have felt when it saw that Acheron was no longer on the receiving end of its stern glare is quickly eclipsed by the surprise of noticing something several times heavier than it is grabbing onto its backside. Acheron digs his claws in deep, clinging to the Lotad's rump just underwater and in a rather compromising position; awkward as it might be, however, at least he's not directly in Halan's way any longer.

The Lotad squeals and flails, scooting itself away from the bank as fast and as far as it can in a bid to dislodge Acheron. Maybe, if it goes all the way out into the middle and the deepest part of the pond, the nasty purple friend-assaulting, baby-harrassing rapist will drown! Or, at least, go away and leave it alone or something. Acheron continues to cling to it like a leech, however, despite all of its thrashing and splashing. The other Lotad quickly swim away to the far areas of the pond, desiring no part of this rapist nonsense and leaving their compatriot to struggle all by its lonesome.

Halan watches the pond from his spot by the tunnel, quite amused. It's nice seeing someone else on the receiving end of Acheron's abuse for a change. And now that Acheron is more focused on hiding than abusing him, the Riolu can really get down to some serious payback. Now, how to go about it... Lotad abuse does seem like a lot of fun, and conveniently enough one of the fleeing leafducks has scurried right over to the bank. Halan stands up and trots over to the edge of the pond. The Lotad is so fixated on staying away from Acheron that it doesn't notice Halan until it's too late--the Riolu grabs the Lotad by the edges of its lily leaf, hefts it up above his head and then heaves it out into the center of the pond. The hapless creature soars through the air and lands with a loud smack right next to the Lotad Acheron has accosted. It floats on the surface of the water for a few seconds, stunned, but hurries away immediately after it comes to--so close to the rapist! It and the other Lotad all rush to the far end of the pond, where there is no Acheron or Halan to molest them so.

Less than impressed with the results of the flung Lotad, Halan decides to try something just a little less likely to fail. He sits down right at the edge of the water and shuts his eyes, concentrating deeply. A sphere of bright, bluish energy forms between his open palms, flashing and pulsating as it increases in size. Several of the Butterfree and Beautifly overhead flutter just a little lower, intrigued by the beautiful, glowing ball (not too close, though--the Riolu is so violent). At last Halan releases the sphere of light, and it shoots away from him out over the pond. The sphere makes a sharp ninety-degree turn downward, mere inches from the still-struggling Lotad, and then makes another sharp turn as it homes in on Acheron's energy signature and hits him square in the side. The pure fighting-type energy, which only a short while ago would have passed harmlessly straight through him, sears his solidified skin horribly. A little bit of the energy also burns away at the Lotad Acheron is attached to, causing it to squeal even louder.

Bubbles stream from Acheron's mouth as he curses. That wretched little punk actually had the audacity to hit him! Him, Acheron, the most amazingly untouchable awesome guy ever! Furious, he concentrates on the vague, fuzzy image of the Riolu he can almost sort of see from his awkward position under the water. Psychic energy makes its way through the air between the two battlers, and this time Acheron, determined not to make such an embarrassing miss again, finds what he's looking for. Halan cries out as his mind is assaulted by the psychic attack, which wreaks havoc with his nervous system and leaves him sore all over--and with a thunderous headache besides.

Halan stands up shakily, head still pounding terribly. He is still feeling pumped from his earlier success, however, and so despite his awful migraine he prepares to attack again. The fighting-type begins to gag and wretch, finally spitting a glob of something purple and unpleasant onto his fingertips. Then, with his little claws extended, he lets out a vicious warcry and charges straight at the pond, leaping high into the air and coming down right in the middle. He hits the water rather harder than he'd intended, however; he sinks straight to the bottom of the pond, passing a startled Acheron and Lotad on the way down and fighting the urge to gasp with surprise. All of the poison on his claws dissolves harmlessly in the water, and by the time he swims closer to the surface the feeble, water-resistance-hampered swipes he takes at Acheron and the hostage leafduck have precious little effect at all. Still too stunned to do much of anything, all Halan can do is allow himself to float back up to the top and suck in a lungful of air when his head breaks the surface.

As Halan rises up, Acheron and the Lotad are drifting gently downward. Acheron's extra weight, combined with the fresh new terror of the violent Riolu crashing down out of the sky right next to it, have proved to be too much. It passes out and goes limp, allowing the Sableye's weight to begin to pull it slowly down toward the bottom. Acheron is relieved to see it--him, actually, as he has come to know quite personally--stop struggling against him. Now it should be easier for him to get some rest. Granted, Halan's sudden and startling appearance shook him up a little bit, but the Riolu doesn't appear to be too interested in trying to attack again for the moment.

The other Lotad, seeing that both the rapist and the violent baby are now in their pond, hop out on the other bank and flee into the relative safety of the bushes. The Goldeen, unable to escape from the confines of the water, all huddle together in the furthest, most obscured area of the bottom they can find. What if they're next...?

Round Four: Close

Post-Round Stats

Riolu
Halan (M) [Steadfast]
Health: 59%
Energy: 54%
Status: Treading water, achy and incredibly frustrated, his mood only slightly improved by the fact that he finally hit Acheron

Sableye
Acheron (M) [Stall]
Health: 84%
Energy: 66%
Status: Special Attack +2; Foresight-locked (2 more actions); highly affronted by that awful Aura Sphere and irritated with these ridiculous Lotad, but confident otherwise

Arena Status: A hole several feet deep sits in the center of the field. Halan is currently floating at the surface of the water; Acheron and his Lotad are about two feet under the water.

Lotad Trauma Count: 3

Ref's Notes
-Acheron was underwater and underneath the second traumatized Lotad, and Lotad aren't exactly heavy or prone to sinking deep enough to hit anything, so the Lotad Halan threw had no effect. And if you were telling him to throw the Lotad Acheron is hanging onto, well, that's sort of out of reach, so.
-Poison Jab lost pretty much all of its momentum (and all of the poison washed off) when Halan jumped wildly into the water, so it more or less failed; Acheron didn't really deem the resulting little taps Counter-worthy, so he chilled instead.
-The SPCL (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Leafducks) would like to have a word with the two of you after this battle. but screw them, special bonus points if you can abuse all the Lotad in the pond by the end of the battle
-moon-panther attacks first next round.

*cheers* We hit to gremlin! That was great! Now Halan, my dear boy, let's go for a more productive battle~

I want you to get out of that water and use Aura Sphere. But if the creeper uses Protect/Detect and any of the like that stop your attack, sit back and chill. Go fo the gold, my darling~

Aura Sphere/ Chill x3

Back
Top Bottom