• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animorph vs. Kusarigamaitachi

Phoenixsong

beep beep coming through
Pronoun
she/they/any
Animorph said:
1vs1
DQ: 1 week.
Damage Cap: None
Restrictions: Attract, OHKO's. 1st level/baby Pokemon only. No Wailmer. No Single Form Pokemon.
The Court Room

This, this is a battle of wits...and Pokemon. The two trainers will take positions at the Defence and Prosecution benches. The choice goes to whoever wins the coin-flip for whoever attacks first. At the defense bench, Pokemon's defense and special defense are raised by 1 point. At the Prosecution bench, the attack and special attack are raised.

The court is currently not in session, but not including various quirks of the Ace Attorney series would be criminal! So, every other round, these things have the possibility of happening.

1. The Defense's aide, who has joined him/her for the view, will channel the spirit of a ghost, who will proceed to use a STAB Shadow Ball on the opposition.

2. The Prosecutor will be shoved out of the way by an irritated Prosecutor who has recently had things go badly for her. She will proceed to pull out a whip and attack the defence's Pokemon. The whip strikes twice in quick succession and otherwise acts as a STAB normal-type Vine Whip.

3. The Referee become more attentive, and if a Pokemon fails a move during that round, they will be rewarded a penalty of -5% Energy

4. A witness will appear on the stand and testify about whatever the heck the referee wants. No real effect, it just makes the situation much more comical.

Other: The whip and shadow ball should both do as much damage was would be done by a first form Pokemon. Both will only happen once, though, so after each expire, #3 and #4 will be the only options.

Animorph's active squad: [Sparky] Electrike (M) <Static> - [Jim] Sandshrew (M) - [Martha] Spheal (F) <Thick Fat> - [Beka] Growlithe (F) <Intimidate> - [Lucius] Ralts (M) <Synchronize> - [Pam] Poochyena (F) <Quick Feet> - [Raven] Riolu (M) <Inner Focus> - [Donna] Taillow (F) - [Rosto] Meowth (M) <Technician>

Kusarigamaitachi's active squad: [Dilate] Croconaw (M) - [Backfire] Cyndaquil (M) - [Vitiation] Grimer (F) <Sticky Hold> - [Genghis] Kangaskhan (F) <Scrappy> - [Ozzy] Lotad (M) <Swift Swim> - [Blunt Force Trauma] Machop (M) <Guts> - [Lodestone] Metang (X) - [Channa] Mudkip (F) - [Moth] Nincada (M) - [Quicksilver] Togepi (M) <Serene Grace>

Animorph sends out and chooses which bench to sit at
Kusari sends out and attacks
Animorph attacks
I object (man it feels good to be reffing a PW arena again)

Last edited:
Your honor, I believe I will take the Defense bench. My aid for the day will be my Ralts, Lucius. The Defense is ready, your honor!

Hrm. I thought "whoever wins the coin-flip for whoever attacks first" would be ... the person who orders attacks first. Peh.

Anyway, that ralts was so predictable. Knew I shoulda brought my meowth along.

As much as I would have preferred a Shadow Ball against a psychic, I can totally use it to my advantage so I have an extra attack on my side and you don't. >:)

I choose you, Quicksilver!

[Quicksilver] Togepi (F) <Serene Grace>

(also i object to her genderchange)

Nasty Plot if she manages to do a guaranteed-block your attack (protect, hiding somewhere you can't get to, etc), or if she's waiting for you to move so she can dodge it.

Yawn, moving it to the next action if it fails unless she's got something up that blocks status. If on the first action she does something to block Yawn, Substitute 15% instead. For the next two actions, use Shadow Ball.

Yawn / Substitute 15% ~ Shadow Ball / Nasty Plot / Yawn ~ Shadow Ball / Nasty Plot / Yawn

Okay, Lucius, let's get the ball rolling. Start off with a hypnosis, and try to get in before the yawn. If it didn't work, next turn, I want you to use Protect. If she's asleep, though, use Psychic. Now, if you're awake I want you to use thunder wave. However, if you've fallen asleep, use sleep talk.

Hypnosis~Protect if she's awake/Psychic if she's asleep~Thunderwave/Sleep Talk

Animorph vs. Kusarigamaitachi, Round One

Pre-Round Stats

Team Animorph (1/1 Pokémon Remaining)

Ralts
Lucius (M) [Synchronize]
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Lucius's Commands: Hypnosis ~ Protect/Psychic ~ Thunder Wave/Sleep Talk

Team Kusari (1/1 Pokémon Remaining)

Togepi
Quicksilver (F) [Serene Grace]
Status: Thinking that the courtroom could use a little Draco Meteor
Quicksilver's Commands: Yawn/Substitute 15% ~ Shadow Ball/Nasty Plot/Yawn ~ Shadow Ball/Nasty Plot/Yawn

Arena: The Court Room

This, this is a battle of wits...and Pokemon. The two trainers will take positions at the Defence and Prosecution benches. The choice goes to whoever wins the coin-flip for whoever attacks first. At the defense bench, Pokemon's defense and special defense are raised by 1 point. At the Prosecution bench, the attack and special attack are raised.

The court is currently not in session, but not including various quirks of the Ace Attorney series would be criminal! So, every other round, these things have the possibility of happening.

1. The Defense's aide, who has joined him/her for the view, will channel the spirit of a ghost, who will proceed to use a STAB Shadow Ball on the opposition.

2. The Prosecutor will be shoved out of the way by an irritated Prosecutor who has recently had things go badly for her. She will proceed to pull out a whip and attack the defence's Pokemon. The whip strikes twice in quick succession and otherwise acts as a STAB normal-type Vine Whip.

3. The Referee become more attentive, and if a Pokemon fails a move during that round, they will be rewarded a penalty of -5% Energy

4. A witness will appear on the stand and testify about whatever the heck the referee wants. No real effect, it just makes the situation much more comical.

Other: The whip and shadow ball should both do as much damage was would be done by a first form Pokemon. Both will only happen once, though, so after each expire, #3 and #4 will be the only options.

The last case of the day has just ended, and the judge steps out of Courtroom 3 into the lobby. "Another fine case, Wright my boy," he says, nodding to a spiky-haired young man in a blue suit. "I never would have thought to look in the haberdasher's pocketbook and discover that half of a melted chocolate bar was the decisive piece of evidendce! How do you do it, Mr. Wright?"

Mr. Wright's long and detailed response, conveniently enough, distracts the old judge as the pair walks away--he forgets to lock Courtroom 3's door behind him. As soon as Wright and the judge leave the lobby, two Pokémon trainers sneak into the now empty room and shut the double doors behind them. Animorph and Kusarigamaitachi grin nastily at one another--they have the entire courtroom to themselves now, free to do whatever they please. Which will probably result in at least some sort of misdemeanor charges, given that "whatever they please" is synonymous with "tear the place up with a Pokémon battle". But who cares? It's worth it, it'll be fun--and that's assuming that anyone else enters the courtroom and sees them. They send out one Pokémon each, Animorph selecting Lucius the Ralts and Kusari choosing Quicksilver the Togepi, and prepare to kick up as much of a ruckus as they can before they get caught. Which isn't going to happen, of course. Nothing could possibly go wrong in District Courtroom 3.

Round One: Begin!

Lucius doesn't really like all of the stress and anxiety he can sense in the courtroom--it makes him feel bad. Taking a nice nap would probably make everyone feel better and more relaxed! And who better to start with than the little baby standing over by the prosecution's bench, right? The Ralts locks his red eyes with Quicksilver's little, beady black ones; Quicksilver, still excited, stares defiantly back at her opponent. This turns out to be a mistake, unfortunately, as the air between the two ripples gently and a stream of psychic energy makes its way toward the Togepi. Quicksilver's eyelids begin to droop as the waves of energy work their way into her head, turning her into a very sleepy baby; she finally closes her eyes, sits down and falls asleep.

The sleeping Quicksilver is quite an adorable sight, and Lucius allows himself a moment to "awwww" inwardly as she slumbers on. But as soon as his little sweet-and-fuzzy moment is over, it's back to business. The Psychic-type reaches out with his mind and surrounds Quicksilver's body with mental power, and then without warning he clamps down on her hard, squeezing and jabbing every single pressure point he can find. Quicksilver squeals and flails her tiny arms, wailing as she is poked and jabbed mercilessly; she is twitching and whimpering when Lucius finally retreats and lets her go, and her face is scrunched up with pain, but she continues to sleep.

Lucius isn't done yet. He pauses for a minute, realizing that it's awfully cruel of him to torment a sleeping baby like this... but his trainer told him to do it and he's not going to disobey orders, so there's no sense in worrying about it. Besides... it's kind of fun, in a perverse, twisted, sick and evil sort of way. The red horn on Lucius's helmet sparks and crackles with electricity as he charges up just a little of it--not enough to hurt Quicksilver, really, just a little jolt--and then he releases a thin bolt of lightning that snakes its way across to the prosecution. It seems that justice is on Quicksilver's side for the time being, however; amazingly, the thunder wave glides right over the Togepi's head and misses her just by a hair, preventing her from suffering any further and letting her continue her forced nap unabated.

Round One: Close

Post-Round Stats

Ralts
Lucius (M) [Synchronize]
Energy: 89%
Status: Cannot see how the heck he managed to miss something like that

Togepi
Health: 90%
Status: Asleep (light); a bit achy, but still sleeping peacefully

Arena Status: Nothing has changed.

Ref's Notes
-Thunder Wave missed.
-Is the Ziska "Vine Whip" supposed to hit two times, or is it two hits that add up to one Vine Whip? Also, is there a specific percent chance of these things happening? Like, is it a 25% chance for each thing and something is guaranteed to happen every other round, or is there only an x% chance that anything will happen at all and I decide which of the four it is, or what?
-Objection overruled, Prosecutor Kusarigamaitachi |<
-Animorph attacks first next round.

25% chance of each thing. Ziska's whip acts as two individual vine whips, to counter balance and make it more equal to shadow ball.

Now, Lucius, don't worry about her...the sooner you beat her, the sooner we can all leave this stressful enviorment, and then you can go do your afternoon yoga. Now, let's try Thunder wave once again. Just to make this quick and easy for both of you. Next up, we will attempt a toxic attack. Don't be guilty...your battlers, and it won't do any lasting harm...maybe a little paranoia that people are trying to poison her while she sleeps, but no harm that perscribed medication can't handle. Oh, and after that, finish up with Will-O-Wisp.

Thunder wave~Toxic~Will-O-Wisp

As soon as you wake up, which will hopefully be soon, try a Safeguard and follow it up with Psycho Shift if any of Lucius's moves have struck you. If not, or if you've got an action left afterwards, Shadow Ball.

oshit not enough room to order an obligatory Sleep Talk on the second and third actions. Uh. Since your sleep is light, I suppose I'll just have to hope you'll awaken before then; just Sleep Talk on the first action if you're still asleep. Also if it summons a Safeguard, obviously don't use Safeguard when you've awoken - just move on to Psycho Shift/Shadow Ball, whichever applies according to the orders you were given. If you don't wake up by then the strategy's screwed anyway, so we'd be down to limiting the damage.

Sleep Talk / Safeguard ~ Safeguard / Psycho Shift / Shadow Ball ~ Safeguard / Psycho Shift/ Shadow Ball

Now, hopefully Safeguard prevents Synchronise's effect (or Psycho Shift prevents it from going back to you somehow), but even if it doesn't, it'll just mean both of us are even when it comes to statuses. And blocks the stuff she can use purposefully, which is more important.

also three whips would make it closest to equal to Shadow Ball, I think, when it comes to damage (with a neutral type match-up). Depending on how the whips are calculated, Shadow Ball still does more damage. Whatever, though.

Animorph vs. Kusarigamaitachi, Round Two

Pre-Round Stats

Ralts
Lucius (M) [Synchronize]
Energy: 89%
Status: Cannot see how the heck he managed to miss something like that
Lucius's Commands: Thunder Wave ~ Toxic ~ Will-O-Wisp

Togepi
Health: 90%
Status: Asleep (light); a bit achy, but still sleeping peacefully
Quicksilver's Commands: Sleep Talk/Safeguard ~ Safeguard/Psycho Shift/Shadow Ball ~ Safeguard/Psycho Shift/Shadow Ball

Round Two: Begin!

A commotion can be heard outside of Courtroom 3's closed doors; it sounds like someone has gotten into a scuffle with one of the guards patrolling the halls outside. Lucius can sense a lot of anger coming from that direction, and perhaps some impending violence as well, but he tells himself to ignore it. The Togepi snuggled up in front of the prosecution's bench has not been paralyzed, and that is not acceptable. His red horn sparkles and flashes as he generates a thin stream of electricity once again, and this time it hits its mark. Quicksilver shudders all over as the miniature lightning bolt wreaks havoc with her muscles. She whimpers and mumbles in her sleep, and Lucius can't help but feel a pang of guilt. There he goes again, deriving pleasure from the suffering of a sleeping baby... but his guilt starts to subside a little bit when Quicksilver's mumbling doesn't stop. No, instead it gets louder and louder, mingling with several jarring grunts and snorts. At last she lets out one great, deafening snore, much deeper than her little lungs could logically produce and so forceful that it knocks her over onto her side, where she rolls back and forth for a few moments. The horrible sound assails Lucius's ears and leaves him with a very unpleasant headache.

And the Ralts's headache is only worsened by what happens next. An audible crack! sounds outside of the courtroom, only slightly muffled by the heavy doors; the cracking sound is immediately followed by the piercing, falsetto scream of the guard on duty. The doors burst open before the trainers or their Pokémon have time to react, and a young woman storms in. Her eyes are blazing underneath her silvery hair, and a long, thin whip hangs from one of her gloved hands. Kusarigamaitachi, recognizing the furious young lady and seeing that she is headed straight for it, dives away from its bench. The whip cracks in the air right behind it, and the woman shouts, "That's right, you foolish fool! No one but a fool dares to obstruct the justice of Franziska von Karma!" Then she turns around, sees Animorph and Lucius by the defense's bench, and screams. "Arrgh! Defense attorneys! I hate them! I hate them all! It's filthy, foolish fools like you that revel in letting any Tom, Dick or Harry that sits in the defendant's chair go free when they should all go to jail like the murdering fools they are! Fools, fools, the lot of you and your foolish clients are nothing but a foolish fool's gallery of foolishly foolish fools that only fool themselves into thinking that justice is being served when all they are doing is foolishly letting foolish criminals walk free and foolishly tarnishing my flawless, foolproof record--ARGH!" Her whip flies through the air, punctuating each "fool" with a crack aimed at Animorph's head; Animorph has enough common sense to duck underneath his table and so escapes the worst of Ms. von Karma's wrath, but poor Lucius takes two very nasty lashes to his face and chest. Von Karma continues to rant and flail about until the guard, whimpering and with watering eyes, approaches her and tells her that she has to leave. The man is about to object to the presence of unauthorized civilians and Pokémon in the courtroom, but another scourging from von Karma's whip shuts him up summarily. He turns and dashes out out the room again with the angry prosecutor right on his heels, now shouting about how much she also hates foolish guards. The doors close behind them, and the two shaken trainers and their Pokémon are alone once more.

Quicksilver flinches with each sharp snap of the whip, and she smiles faintly each time Lucius cries out, but she does not wake up.

Lucius does a little whimpering of his own, grimacing each time he gives his two large welts a gentle prod. That lady... she was crazy! He really hopes that he never, ever, ever has to run into someone like that ever again; in fact, his fear and nervousness make him feel slightly sick. He staggers over to the slumbering Togepi and promptly vomits on her, being sure to mix in a few nasty biotoxins before he hurls for good measure. Quicksilver lets out a squeak as the foul mess splatters all over her and rolls over in her sleep. A good deal of the poisonous acid in the mixture has already seeped through the pores in her shell, however, and the damage is done. Quicksilver wobbles on the tiled floor, now floating much closer to wakefulness.

Lucius feels a bit better after emptying his stomach, and he takes a moment to wipe a dribble of vomit off of his chin before continuing. A tiny wisp of ghostly, bluish flame flickers into being between the Ralts's fingers, and he watches it and tends to it for a few minutes before blowing gently on it and wafting it in Quicksilver's direction. The flame floats lazily across the floor, finally coming to a stop and vanishing when it licks Quicksilver's arm. The Togepi yelps and waves her little limb in the air, mumbling and squeaking in distress.

Quicksilver's eyes pop open and she stands up, finally having mumbled and wriggled herself into wakefulness. And what a state to wake up in. She feels stiff, her arm burns, her chest stings and she's starting to feel sick... her bottom lip trembles, but she doesn't let herself cry. Crying is only for the weak, after all, and she most certainly isn't weak. Seeing the pouting, sad little baby brings a fresh wave of guilt washing over Lucius, and he turns away to hide it from her. Quicksilver sees his expression before he turns his head, however, and she also sees the two long, raised red lines across his face and chest. Ooh, those look like they hurt. She isn't sure exactly how they got there, but she doesn't care. As long as the rotten thing is suffering, it's all good.

Round Two: Close

Post-Round Stats

Ralts
Lucius (M) [Synchronize]
Health: 87%
Energy: 75%
Status: Glad that he didn't miss but now has a phobia of women with whips

Togepi
Health: 86%
Energy: 94%
Status: Paralyzed (mild); Poisoned (very severe: 1% this round, 2% next); Burned (moderate); sick, stiff and stinging, but enjoying the nasty red welts on Lucius's body

Ref's Notes
-Franziska barged in and attacked Lucius with her whip on the first action; she will not interfere again.
-Quicksilver's Sleep Talk called Snore.
-Quicksilver did not act on the second and third actions because she was asleep.
-Quicksilver woke up at the end of the third action.
-Long reffing is long and probably not proofread as well as it should've been. Oh well.
-Kusari attacks first next round.

Last edited:
"Asleep (light)" you liar :(

Er also I didn't command sleep talk for the second action - I'd expected to have her awaken earlier, so she wouldn't have used follow me. Doesn't make much difference other than a little more energy, but yeah.

Sleep Talk if you ever find yourself asleep. Otherwise, Psycho Shift at the first opportunity, and then Shadow Ball the bastard into submission. If there's Safeguard up or something that would only block statuses, just Shadow Ball.

Psycho Shift / Shadow Ball / Sleep Talk ~ Shadow Ball / Psycho Shift / Sleep Talk ~ Shadow Ball / Psycho Shift / Sleep Talk

I didn't say "second action", I said "second Sleep Talk". She used it twice and the second time happened to be on the third action. And I said she didn't do anything on the second action in my notes, and that she woke up at the end of the third action. End means after the actions have been completed. So Quicksilver's round went like "Sleep Talk (Snore) ~ Nothing ~ Sleep Talk (Follow Me) and then wake up".

....My description was just deleted due to my laptops tiny keyboard, so...Safegaurd, which is easy because of the paralysis, shadow ball to counter one of the ones coming at you, and then use imprison so she can't use it anymore.

Safegaurd~Shadow ball to shield yourself~Imprison

Animorph vs. Kusarigamaitachi, Round Three

Pre-Round Stats

Ralts
Lucius (M) [Synchronize]
Health: 87%
Energy: 75%
Status: Glad that he didn't miss but now has a phobia of women with whips
Lucius's Commands: Safeguard ~ Shadow Ball ~ Imprison

Togepi
Health: 86%
Energy: 94%
Status: Paralyzed (mild); Poisoned (very severe: 1% last round, 2% this); Burned (moderate); sick, stiff and stinging, but enjoying the nasty red welts on Lucius's body
Quicksilver's Commands: Psycho Shift/Shadow Ball/Sleep Talk ~ Shadow Ball/Psycho Shift/Sleep Talk ~ Shadow Ball/Psycho Shift/Sleep Talk

Round Three: Begin!

Quicksilver's plight really is making Lucius uncomfortable. He's spent all this time tormenting and torturing an innocent little Togepi that hasn't done anything to him at all and now looks as though she's about to cry. His guilty conscience weighs heavily on him, and he doesn't think he can keep going like this. He knows that his trainer wants him to, but... maybe taking a break will help him figure out where he stands on this whole child abuse issue. His horns twinkle and sparkle with a faint golden light, and the light manifests itself as a shimmering veil in front of the Psychic-type.

Quicksilver pouts as the gossamer wall hovers in front of her opponent. The safeguard has completely dashed her chances of leveling the playing field and making Lucius suffer the way she's suffering... but that's not too bad. She knows that there's more than one way to make an obnoxious Ralts suffer. She holds her tiny arms out in front of her, concentrating on the dark shadows cast on the courtroom's floor. The dark shapes all around the room stretch toward the Togepi as she pulls them toward her, drawing them up off of the tile and into a vaguely spherical shape between her hands. She flings her arms out wide and sends the shadow ball flying at Lucius; the shadows tear easily through the thin golden safeguard and strikes Lucius right on one of his welts. The ball dissipates upon impact, its immaterial components rushing right back to their original positions on the ground, but Lucius gasps and staggers back into the defense's bench all the same--that hurt.

All of the guilt Lucius has been feeling vanishes in an instant. So much for Quicksilver being a harmless little baby. He straightens up and glares at the insolent little infant, silently daring her to try chucking another stupid ball of darkness at him. Quicksilver is happy to oblige him, and she begins to pull the shadows up from the floor once more. She is slightly taken aback when Lucius holds out his own hands and does the same thing, drawing half of the room's shadows away from her and toward himself. The two shadow balls pulsate and swirl on opposite sides of the courtroom, giving everything in the vicinity an odd, flat look without any shadows to show depth. The two attacks are launched simultaneously, and they fly through the air and straight into one another; the shadow balls detonate on impact and their individual shadows rocket back to where they belong on the floor. Quicksilver scowls when they settle back down and the lighting of the courtroom returns to normal, highly annoyed to see Lucius still standing, relatively unharmed. Lucius is in a much better mood; he wasn't expecting to be able to hurt his opponent anyway...

The shadow ball that Lucius has just destroyed didn't touch him, and if things go his way it should hopefully be the last one flung around this courtroom for a very long time. He lowers his head and closes his eyes in deep concentration, focusing intently on all of the attacks he has used up to this point--shadow ball especially. As he concentrates, thick, serpentine strands of ghostly purple energy emanate out from his horns and slither through the air toward the frustrated Togepi. She waves her little arms at them, trying to swat them away, but her tiny hands pass harmlessly through the dark tentacles, allowing them to continue their way right into her head unabated. The tentacles coil around select memories in the Togepi's mind and pull them straight out, leaving Quicksilver unable to recall most of what her opponent has done to her. She knows she's in a lot of discomfort, and she knows it's Lucius's fault, but she can't remember just how he did all of this crap to her. And while she'd like nothing more than making him suffer exactly as she is, she doesn't know how to go about it. Damn it all, she can't even remember what she was supposed to do to him right now. It's a very annoying sensation, because she's certain that she'd just done it mere moments ago, but... nope, nothing. She glares daggers at the smug little Ralts across the room, swearing under her breath that he will pay with blood for all of this witchery and vexatious nonsense.

Their wicked work done for now, the dark tentacles slip away from Quicksilver and retreat to the sidelines, waiting for a chance to strike out at something else.

Round Three: Close

Post-Round Stats

Ralts
Lucius (M) [Synchronize]
Health: 78%
Energy: 60%

Team Animorph's Safeguard: 3 actions remaining

Togepi
Health: 81%
Energy: 84%
Status: Paralyzed (light); Poisoned (very severe: 2% this round, 3% next); Burned (moderate); mad as hell

Imprison: Kusarigamaitachi's Pokémon cannot use Hypnosis, Psychic, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Will-O-Wisp, Safeguard or Shadow Ball. 3 rounds remaining.

Ref's Notes
-Quicksilver was unable to act on the third action because her only applicable command had been imprisoned.
-By the way, Animorph, what exactly do you mean when you say that the ref will dock 5% energy for a "failed" action? Does that just mean a missed attack, an inability to attack (i.e. Quicksilver's third action), what?
-Animorph attacks first next round.

-Both. Missed or failure to do the action, including paralysis, but not freezing or sleep.

All right, Lucius! Now, let's do some real damage. Us psychic, and do whatever you want to do with her-Throw her into a wall, or a chair, or the witness stand...and, after that, Chill. Twice.

Psychic~Chill~Chill

The explosion should've hit the users ; ; what's the point of explosions that don't hurt anyone?

If Psycho Shift won't do it then we'll get rid of it the long way.

Substitute at the first chance you get - 15%, naturally - and then Rest, mainly to get rid of the statuses rather than the healing (so if for some reason you can end your rest-trance at will that'll be one action please). Then chill. If you can't perform any of these non-movement actions for any reason including paralysis, chill as best you can and move it to the next action.

Substitute / Chill ~ Rest / Substitute / Chill ~ Chill / Rest / Substitute

No direct healing ban ... this will become an annoying battle.

Animorph vs. Kusarigamaitachi, Round Four

Pre-Round Stats

Ralts
Lucius (M) [Synchronize]
Energy: 60%
Lucius's Commands: Psychic ~ Chill ~ Chill

Team Animorph's Safeguard: 3 actions remaining

Togepi
Health: 81%
Energy: 84%
Status: Paralyzed (light); Poisoned (very severe: 2% last round, 3% this); Burned (moderate); mad as hell
Quicksilver's Commands: Substitute 15%/Chill ~ Rest/Substitute/Chill ~ Chill/Rest/Substitute

Round Four: Begin

Quicksilver temporarily forgets her ire as she is lifted up from the floor without warning, wrapped in an eerie, invisible force. Horns glowing a pale pink, Lucius hoists his opponent into the air; he pauses, just for a moment, to look for something that he considers sufficiently large, solid and immovable. Hm… the floor looks pretty good. The Ralts sneers and mentally slams Quicksilver into Courtroom 3’s tile floor, dribbling her against the linoleum like a little white basketball with each bounce punctuated by a pained yelp from the Togepi. Lucius gives her one more good smack before letting her drop to the ground. Whimpering and grumbling, Quicksilver rolls over from her face-down position on the floor and struggles into a sitting position. The furious grumbling continues as she closes her eyes and holds her stubby arms out in front of her. The air before her warps and shimmers slightly as she wills an ovoid construct into being. The egg-shaped mass seems to be quite solid for something that has just appeared out of thin air, and Lucius stares at it, confused. As he stares, the real Quicksilver appears to wink right out of existence, leaving her substitute behind in the courtroom while she heads someplace a little less annoying, abusive Ralts-ish.

A cavernous, exaggerated yawn interrupts the silence of the courtroom, coming from somewhere behind Animorph. The young man jumps and spins around, startled; there isn’t supposed to be anyone else in here! He cringes slightly, half expecting the young woman that sits up in the benches behind him to start swinging a whip at his head. Instead, she yawns again and stretches, strands of her long, black hair falling messily over her face and her bizarre purple clothing. “Wh… what’d I miss, Nick?” she says, yawning again and looking blearily around the courtroom. “Nick… Nick? Where’s Nick? Hey!” The young woman pouts angrily and glares at the defense’s bench, apparently quite upset that Animorph is not this “Nick” person. “Rrrgh! Did he leave me alone in here again?! Oooh, that Nick, he can be such a big jerk sometimes! Didn’t even wake me up for the verdict… I swear, skip one triple-decker cheeseburger for breakfast and I doze off one time, and he…”

The girl’s agitated grumbling trails off, and her expression changes suddenly. Actually, her entire face changes… and then the rest of her body with it. She stands taller, looks older, has a much fuller and more ample… chest, and this transformed woman turns and smiles at a very surprised Animorph. “Sorry about that, Animorph,” she says, chuckling. “You’ll have to forgive my sister, but I needed her to stay behind. I’m here to help.” When she finishes speaking, she turns to face the prosecutor’s bench; she frowns slightly when she sees the substitute sitting on the floor in front of it, but sighs and continues anyway. A sphere of dark, ghostly shadows, much like the shadow balls Lucius and Quicksilver have been tossing at one another, forms between the woman’s slender fingers. It darts away from her and splatters against the substitute Togepi… leaving it completely unscathed. Kusari snorts as the woman shrugs at Animorph. “I was afraid of that… oh, well. You’re on your own, young defense attorney. Good luck!” Her appearance melts back into that of the sleepy young woman, who blinks and looks around, puzzled.

“Whoa, what was that? Anyway, you! Defense attorney guy I don’t know! Have you seen Nick?” She pokes Animorph’s chest as she speaks. “I’m gonna give that guy a piece of my mind, let me tell you!” A low, gurgling rumble sounds from somewhere around her middle. “And lunch! He’s paying for my lunch, too! For the next week, no, two months, no, three hundred years! Yeah! You’d better look out, Phoenix Wright, because you have three hundred years’ worth of triple-decker cheeseburger bills headed your way!” And with that, she hops down from her seat and marches angrily out of the courtroom, slamming the door behind her in a huff.

Well, Lucius thinks to himself, nice as it was to have a very strange lady appear and try to help him—and kind of not beat him around the face with a thin strip of leather—that fake Quicksilver doesn’t look like it’s going to be going anywhere anytime soon. So instead of trying to mess with it, he simply sits down and relaxes. At least for the time being, his efforts would probably be better spent figuring out the best way to deal with that bothersome little obstruction over by the prosecution’s bench. The obstruction continues to sit in one place, motionless and generally uninteresting. Quicksilver, on the other hand, is a little busy. Secreted away in her special safe place, she breathes deeply and begins to meditate, forcing herself into a deep, healing trance. Before long she is fast asleep, all of her body’s energy focused on repairing the injuries she has sustained and flushing impurities out of her system.

Unaware of Quicksilver’s rejuvenating power nap, Lucius continues to sit back, chill and ponder his options. Given how quiet and boring things are around here at the moment, he half considers dozing off the way the weird girl from before apparently did. Quicksilver continues to sleep on wherever she is; her sleep is much, much more intensive than Lucius’s or the girls, and ironically she finds herself beginning to tire out from all of the effort. To make her resting a bit more restful, she also turns her attention to relaxing until she wakes up a second time.

Round Four: Close

Post-Round Stats

Ralts
Lucius (M) [Synchronize]
Energy: 72%
Status: Maxin’, relaxin’ and feeling just a little bored now

Team Animorph's Safeguard: faded

Togepi
Energy: 64%
Status: Asleep (Rest); glad to be sleeping on her own terms for once

Quicksilver’s Substitute: 15% health remaining

Imprison: Kusarigamaitachi's Pokémon cannot use Hypnosis, Psychic, Thunder Wave, Toxic, Will-O-Wisp, Safeguard or Shadow Ball. 2 rounds remaining.

Ref's Notes
-I guess the case of the haberdasher and his chocolate bar wasn’t interesting enough for Maya, hm.
-Still technically not back (why it’s taking this long to set the router up I have no frickin’ idea), but here you go. Soon, you guys, hopefully soon… D:
-Kusari attacks first next round.

Two days, Kusari, or you shall be be held in contempt of court.

your exclamation points, they are not safe, they will explode

!

*legal babble*

...and then chill some more because I don't need you slow and tired, followed by a couple of Tri Attacks. Whenever your sub breaks, switch whatever you wanted to do with a 15% sub. If you can't do either action for whatever reason (your attack would be blocked, etc), go with a Nasty Plot.

Chill ~ Tri Attack / Substitute / Nasty Plot ~ Tri Attack / Substitute / Nasty Plot

I'm incapable of thinking at the moment, can you tell?

Back
Top Bottom