• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Amoeba vs. Lucas755

Crazy Linoone

broke ASB
3vs3 pokemon
Set
2 week DQ
DC: 25%
Banned: OHKO, 1 direct recovery limmit per pokemon, no night-time exclusive moves (moonlight)
Arena:
A grassy field next to a shallow, wide river with fast, rushing water. The water has lots of dissolved rust so appears orange. There's a burnt out campfire on the grass. It's spring and a warm morning, there's blossom pettals falling from the trees and a cool breeze. To either side of the grassy plain and the river are valley slopes with old, tall trees. No particular benefits or hinderances except the obvious size restrictions in the valley (e.g. wailord) and the presence of water and the fact its daytime.

Amoeba’s Profile:
[Cycad] Bulbasaur (F)
Ability: Overgrow

[Cicada] Nincada (M)
Ability: Compoundeyes

[Bullet] Tyrogue (M)
Ability: Guts

[Clam] Shellder (F)
Ability: Skill Link

Lucas755’s Profile:
Bulbasaur (F)
Ability: Overgrow

Ralts (M)
Ability: Syncronize

Diglett (M)
Ability: Sand Veil
Holding: Soft Sand

Amoeba sends out
Lucas755 sends out and attacks
Amoeba attacks
I reff

Ahh, how'd I miss this?! I'll send out Diglett.

Okay, Diglett! Give it your all, okay? Good. Start off by giving that bug a Screech! Then, Use Aerial Ace twice!

Screech ~ Aerial Ace ~ Aerial Ace

(Ahaha, I guess being a newbie I don't make enough of an impression for people to remember me.

I should get a sig or something.)

Anyway, as for attacks... Aerial ace sounds like it's going to be a pain. Ouch. Should avoid that somehow.

Right here's what we'll try.

Cicada - First of all, if you can try to dig under ground before screech takes effect that would be great, though don't worry if screech still hits.

Then if it's possible wait underground until Diglett uses aerial ace. I'm not sure if Diglett will wait until you're above ground, though. Then dig up at Diglett for some damage.

Before Diglett executes his third move, protect yourself from the attack.

Dig (under) ~ Dig (up, after first aerial ace if possible) ~ Protect

Pre-Round

The referee was the first to arrive on the battlefield. She took a breath of the fresh air and sighed contently. At last, a battlefield that’s neither ridiculously wet nor dangerously hot. The sun was shining quite nicely over the grassy field, and the petals falling from the trees really made this a nice place to be. Trainer Amoeba soon appeared and walked to a nice spot on the grass. It tossed a Pokeball, and a cicada Pokemon materialized on the ground with a burst of light. Now where is the other trainer…?

A while later, Lucas755, too, appeared on the battlefield. He quickly tossed a Pokeball, and a small brown blob popped out of the ground in front of him with a burst of light. Seems like the battle’s ready to get under way.

“Amoeba verses Lucas755, round one, start!”

Cicada (M)
Nincada
HP: 100%
Energy: 100%

Diglett (M)
Diglett
Energy: 100%

Round 1 Start

Despite his appearance, the Diglett was faster than Cicada. The ground mole Pokemon opened his mouth… thing and screamed loudly. Cicada flinched as the horrible sound hit him. What is this horrible sound? Cicada had always imagined a battle to be something fun and interesting, not terribly earsplitting. Going underground sounds like a good choice… Cicada dug his sharp fore claws into the grass and dug down, letting a spray of soft brown dirt fly behind him. Soon, the cicada Pokemon had dug a deep tunnel in the earth, and the horrible screeching could not be heard anymore. Cicada sighed in relief. The ground was nice and warm… This is what a battle should be.

Meanwhile, above ground, the Diglett had stopped screeching. He stared at the mound of dirt in front of him, puzzled. He was pretty sure he was supposed to attack that bug-thing, but where is it? Maybe the bug-thing is in that mound of dirt over there… The Diglett rushed forward at a blinding speed, and almost seemed to disappear for a second. Then, the mound of dirt seemed to explode from some sort of impact. The Diglett reappeared, looking quite annoyed. So the bug-thing wasn’t in that mound of dirt… Then where is it?

The mystery was solved when the cicada Pokemon burst out of the ground right under the Diglett. The Diglett squeaked in surprise as he was sent flying through the air by the attack. So that’s where the bug-thing was…. Now is a good chance to attack.

The referee stretched her neck, trying to see the Diglett through the spray of dirt. Maybe she can finally solve the mystery of the Diglett’s feet! Her hope was crushed, however, as the Diglett seemed to suddenly disappear in mid-air and reappear next to Cicada. The Diglett’s Aerial Ace attack hit the mark, and the referee could hear a panicked chirp as the mole smashed into the Cicada. Yes! Attack! The referee muttered excitedly, still craning her neck in hopes of seeing what Diglett feet look like.

However, there an unnatural burst of light temporarily blinded the referee. When the light faded and the referee could see again, the Diglett was, sadly, back in the ground again. Cicada the Nincada was in a crouching position, facing the Diglett, as a wall of energy in front of him slowly faded. The referee sighed. There will be another time…

Round 1 Ends

Post-Round

Cicada (M)
Nincada
Energy: 88%
-2 DEF

Diglett (M)
Diglett
HP: 90%
Energy: 89%

Notes:
- There are now two holes in the battlefield right next to each other, both leading to the same tunnel.
- Whoa writer’s block, sorry about the slight lateness…
- Amoeba attacks first next round

First of all, use sunny day to brighten the field. Then fire a solar beam. (I'm not very sure how long it will take to charge with sunny day in effect, in the guide it just says it takes less time and energy but not exactly how much)

If you still have a move after that, you might have lost some HP so drain some of your opponent's energy.

Sunny Day ~ Solar Beam ~ Giga Drain

Alright, here's a strategy to kill his. First, start off with another Aerial Ace. Then, after he's used Sunny Day, use Sandstorm, and take advantage of the Sand Veil! Use Slash to end it. If he fires the Solarbeam, use Protect instead.

Aerial Ace ~ Sandstorm ~ Slash/Protect

((~Hello. Today I will be your ref. Any complaints and I will throw the match for the opponent be angry~))

PRE ROUND 2

Amoeba (OOO)
Cicada (M)
Nincada.png

Energy: 88%
-2 DEF

Lucas755 (OOO)
Diglett (M)
Diglett.png

Energy: 89%

ROUND TWO BEGIN!​

As the new ref walked onto the field, there was a bit of confusion amoung the Pokemon and the Trainers. Who on earth was this guy? Did he even know what he was doing? Was he going to leave too? Did I leave my water running at home before the match? The ref, unaware of these thoughts, focused upon the match. Somewhat. The fact was that the ref was actually eating a Twix bar, and was becoming fairly distracted by its chewy-ness. He signaled for the match to begin, however.​

And of course, the match began! Diglett began the match by quickly moving forward at the Nincada, so fast that all Diglett was, was in fact a blur. He appeared to take out a paw of some sort with claws, swipe at the Nincada, and, in a blur, return back to his original spot. Cicada stumbled back a bit, taken aback by the attack, but shook his head and let out an odd noise to the sky. Suddenly, any remaining clouds disappeared, and the brightness of the sun intensified. The harsh sun shone down upon the battlefield, causing the trainers to take out hats and sunglasses to rid themselves of the obnoxious sun.​

[Cicada -9H -5E Diglett -0H -5E]​

To retaliate to the annoying bright sun, Diglett quickly spun around in its hole, soon spattering dust and dirt into the air. The amount of dust and dirt began to grow and grow, before soon the dust and dirt in the air had created a terrible sandstorm. Oh how horrible this day had become! First a wonderful sunny, beautiful day and now a treacherous sandstorm! However, in the midst of this, Nincada began to glow a dim light, attempting to absorb solar energy for a powerful attack against that wretched Diglett.​

[Cicada -0H -0E Diglett -0H -3E]​

Diglett was happy. It appeared that, as of now, the Nincada would have a harder time getting solar energy for solarbeam. Oh what fun! Once more, Diglett charged forward and performed the same action he had with Aerial Ace, instead it was much slower this time around, with the trainers and referee actually being able to see his paw in some detail. Cicada, after the attack, didn't seem to have bveen affected much, still focusing on the Solarbeam, but the attack was definitely a direct hit.​

[Cicada -8H -0E Diglett -0H -5E]​

POST ROUND 2​

Amoeba (OOO)
Nincada.png

Cicada (M)
Compoundeyes
HP: 83%
Energy: 83%
"RAAAAGE!!!"​

Lucas755 (OOO)
Diglett.png

Diglett (M)
Sand Veil
Energy: 76%
"Haha! Take that sucker!"​

Notes:​

-An extra 2 damage points were added to Aerial Ace and Slash due to Cicada's Defense being -2​

-Solarbeam, because of the Sandstorm, is taking an extra action​

-Rinse, lather, repeat.​

Order of events:
Lucas attacks
Amoeba attacks
I ref​

Last edited:
((Wait, shouldn't you subtract more than 1% for -2 defense? Otherwise, it would be the exact same thing as Tail Whip, -1 defense.))

Okay, Diglett, be careful! Cicada's probably going to use Solarbeam in the first action, so use Protect! Then, hit him twice with Aerial Ace! But if he uses Sunny Day, use Sandstorm again!

Protect ~ Aerial Ace/Sandstorm ~ Aerial Ace/Sandstorm

Last edited:
There'd be no use trying to let go of Solarbeam just now. If you can, try to keep charging for a little more energy. Then use whatever moves you have left on recovering lost HP from those Aerial Aces using Diglett's HP with Giga Drain.

Charge Solarbeam if possible / Release it if it can't be charged ~ Solarbeam if it was still charging, otherwise / Giga Drain ~ Giga Drain

(Thanks for stepping in Blaziking :D )

((Added another damage point to each of Diglett's attacks))​

PRE ROUND THREE

Amoeba (OOO)
Nincada.png

Cicada (M)
Compoundeyes
HP: 83%
Energy: 83%
"RAAAAGE!!!"
Charge Solarbeam if possible / Release it if it can't be charged ~ Solarbeam if it was still charging, otherwise / Giga Drain ~ Giga Drain

Lucas755 (OOO)
Diglett.png

Diglett (M)
Sand Veil
Energy: 76%
"Haha! Take that sucker!"
Protect ~ Aerial Ace/Sandstorm ~ Aerial Ace/Sandstorm

ROUND THREE BEGIN!​

The referee had finally finished the chewy goodness that was his Twix bar. Unfortunately for him, this Twix bar was a bit too sticky. Too sticky, in fact, that his teeth were now stuck together, and until he got something to get them apart, all he could say were variations of the words "mmm" and "fff". He waved his flags to signify the match to begin, because he couldn't stand the trainers focusing on why on earth this idiot was eating a Twix bar in the first place.​

The round began! Diglett looked onwards in horror as Cicada began to glow a bright, bright light. It was time. The horrifying Solarbeam was about to be released. Quickly, Diglett began to focus on the space in front of him. As he was doing that, the light on Cicada began to form in a blob above him, and soon it was unleashed upon the Diglett with full force. Unfortunately for the Nincada, as the beam was about to hit Diglett, it stopped, hitting and invisible force, protecting the Diglett from harm. Nincada landed on the ground, sad. His long work to cause an effective Solarbeam left him unhappy indeed.​

[Cicada -0H -9E Diglett -0H -7E]​

Diglett was happy. His Protect had worked! He was okay! However, that bug thingy was still alive, which was not what Diglett wanted. To work against this, Diglett raced forward at Cicada again, with blinding speed, reached Cicada, and swiped at him once more, landing another successful Aerial Ace, and returned to his previous spot. Cicada was fuming (and a little hurt, but that was a given). Cicada closed his eyes in concentration. Diglett looked quizically at him. Was this guy trying to become a lightbulb again? It was a little odd. Suddenly, Diglett yelped in pain, as a green light began to glow around him. The light soon moved away from the mole Pokemon and moved towards Cicada, who seemed to absorb the light.​

[Cicada -6H -6E Diglett -7H -5E]​

Diglett looked at Cicada. That was not fair! The bug thingy was trying to become a lightbulb again, but he was using Diglett's light that Diglett didn't even know he had! Well that Cicada would never become a lightbulb again! Not now, not ever! Just as quickly as before, Diglett charged towards at the Nincada at blinding speed, swiped at the bug thingy, and returned to his spot. That bug thingy got what was coming. Cicada, in the meantime, looked upon this mole with wonder. Why was this mole so apparantly angry at him? Cicada closed his eyes in concentration once more. Diglett squealed. No! Not again! This bug can't seriously steal his light again! Frantically, Diglett began to move around in circles hurriedly, hoping it would prevent his light from escaping him. But alas! The green light escaped from him once again, moving hurriedly over to Cicada, to be absorbed by him. Diglett looked upon the Nincada with sadness.​

[Cicada -6H -6E Diglett -7H -5E]​

POST ROUND THREE

Amoeba (OOO)
Nincada.png

Cicada (M)
Compoundeyes
HP: 71%
Energy: 62%
"Why is that mole so angry?"​

Lucas755 (OOO)
Diglett.png

Diglett (M)
Sand Veil
HP: 78%
Energy: 59%
"If that bug thingy thinks he can steal MY green light, well he's got another thing coming!"​

Notes:​

-Sandstorm boosted Diglett's special defense 50%, thus the damage of Giga Drain was decreased 50%​

-Aerial ace did +2 damage because of the -2 defense.​

-Solarbeam cost slightly more energy due to there being a sandstorm.​

Order of events:​

Amoeba attacks
Lucas755 attacks
I ref​

Last edited:
Hm... isn't looking all that great.

Ok, first of all attack Diglett with Silver Wind. Hopefully the spirits will be on your side. Night Slash should still be able to deal a decent amount of damage even if it's not that dark. Finally, finish the round by digging underground.

If at any point Diglett tries to attack you, use protect.

Silver Wind / Protect if attacked ~ Night Slash / Protect if attacked ~ Dig / Protect if attacked

Sandstorm doesn't boost the special defence of ground-types, so diglett doesn't get a boost.

Also, did you just make solarbeam take two actions just to charge?

Last edited:
Okay, good round, Diglett! Now let's make him pay for stealing your green light!
Okay, our plan this round is to not let him do anything! Start off with a Scratch to use up his Protect, then take advantage of his low defense and weakness with a couple Rock Slides!

Scratch ~ Rock Slide ~ Rock Slide

Waaat? Where's my comment where it says don't use protect twice in a row? D:

;_; I put it in there... where'd it go? Dammit. Too late now.

Sandstorm doesn't boost the special defence of ground-types, so diglett doesn't get a boost.

Ah, sorry, it was rock types that got the boost. I will fix that in a second.

Kusarigamaitachi said:
Also, did you just make solarbeam take two actions just to charge?

attack/abilities guide said:
Solarbeam - 120 Grass 100%
Target: Single
Class: Projectile
Stat: Special
Contest Type: Pure Points
Contest Score: +40

The user gathers solar energy within itself and then releases it at the opponent in the form of a high-energy beam of light and heat. It takes less time and energy to charge during sunny day, and more during rain dance/sandstorm/at night. The power of solarbeam is also cut in half under such conditions.

Generally, the longest it would take is one action to charge, one action to release, as solarbeam typically goes off in a single action.

But wait - if he made it take 1 action to charge in a sandstorm, wouldn't it be the exact same thing as in normal weather?

Back
Top Bottom