• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Scyther vs. Darksong

Dragon

disaster pigeon
Pronoun
she
Scyther said:
3 vs. 3
Single Battle
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Area: Simple Stage

Just a plain, clay arena. It has a small pool for water-only Pokemon.

Scyther's Party
Yanma(F)
Ability: Compoundeyes

Zangoose(M)
Ability: Immunity

Squirtle(M)
Ability: Torrent

Darksong's Party
[Bang]Bronzor(X)
Ability: Heatproof

[Cicada] Scyther (F)
Ability: Swarm

[Kyu] East Shellos (Male)
Ability: Storm Drain

Dice says-
-Darksong sends out first
-Scyther sends out and attacks
-Darksong attacks
-Dragon refs

Second reffing, tell me if anything goes wrong~

I choose Squirtle!

Squirtle, start off our first battle with a Yawn. Follow up with a Eathquake (since it doesn't have the ability levitate). End our turn with a Iron Defence. If at any point Bang uses Protect or Detect (you get the idea), use an Iron Defence.

Yawn/Iron Defence~Earthquake/Iron Defence~Iron Defence

Last edited:
Okay, Bang. Here it goes. First, use Protect to evade the yawn, and then try to confuse the Squirtle with Confuse Ray. Afterwards, aim a Psychic to avoid its Defence boost.

Protect ~ Confuse Ray ~ Psychic

So I typed this up quickly, if logic is failing anywhere let me know.

Scyther said:
3 vs. 3
Single Battle

Just a plain, clay arena. It has a small pool for water-only Pokemon

ROUND 1
Scyther(OOO)
Squirtle
Squirtle (M) <Torrent>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
-Looking at the pool hopefully.

Darksong(OOO)
bronzor
Bang (X) <Heatproof>
- Quietly watching Squirtle.​

The battleground, aptly named Simple Stage, is nothing but a circular arena with a clay-like ground. A painted circle around the perimeter is divided down the middle by a straight line, one half a faded red. A makeshift Pokeball. To the side of the stage is a square platform where the referee stands, and behind her are some chairs for an audience; empty right now. Taking up about a tenth of the field is a pool, actually rather deep. The Trainers arrive quickly, almost seconds after the referee. She gives them the all-clear, and Pokeballs are tossed to the ground, Darksong's opening a few seconds before Scyther's.

A hexagonal shape forms from the red light, a Bronzor, named Bang. It spins in the air before staring across the field at Scyther, whose Pokeball has opened as well. A blue turtle forms from the light, a Squirtle. He looks over at the pool as the Trainers command their Pokemon, and the battle begins with a slight breeze from the skies.

Right off the bat, Squirtle takes a few slow steps toward Bang and takes a breath. Bang, alert and waiting for Squirtle, turns to the side slightly and throws up a slightly green tinged wall of energy around itself. Protected by the wall, Bang is dead to the world and completely ignores Squirtle as he opens his mouth in a wide yawn. Behind its shield, Bang blinks in amusement at the silent open-mouthed Squirtle. From its sound-proof, almost air-proof space, Bang snickers at Squirtle's annoyed look.

With a frown, Squirtle looks closely at the fading Protect, and the Bronzor levitating close to the ground behind it. When he is sure the Protect has completely faded, he calls up his energy and slams his tail into the ground. Shaking more than it should, the ground under Bang cracks slightly and the referee and Scyther are thrown off balance. Bang is thrown to the ground, and a loose rock hits it above the eyes. The Trainers and referee keep still as the arena slowly becomes still again before standing fully upright, and Bang gets back up into the air. A small crack runs from its top down an inch or so, and it winces.

Now rather pissed off, Bang closes its eyes a second and opens them again, a few orbs of light now floating in front of it. It looks to the side as the lights float towards Squirtle, who was watching Bang get up in smug silence. The lights are fully in his gaze, and he struggles to focus as they dance around his head and in front of his eyes. Bang nods slightly as Squirtle reaches up to touch one, and blinks as it moves away.

Squirtle shakes his head, trying to get the lights away. They float in front of his vision, and up, catching his attention. Squirtle reaches up for them, chasing them around the stage. Bang watches in silence and Squirtle runs towards it.. and falls onto his face. Satisfied, Bang's eyes start to glow a light pink, and Squirtle is enveloped in the same colour. Barely noticing through the sting of his belly, Squirtle is lifted up into the air and slammed down two times in succession, the final bringing him near the pool. He struggles to stand, and fall back into the pool. Bang lets out a metallic laugh, and Squirtle clings to the edge. While he is now rather cold, the water cleared his vision and helped him to focus. Squirtle climbs out of the water and glares at Bang, with a kind of anger in his eyes.

ROUND 1
Scyther(OOO)
Squirtle
Squirtle (M) <Torrent>
Health: 87%
Energy: 86%
-Annoyed as hell. Confused (mild)

Darksong(OOO)
bronzor
Bang (X) <Heatproof>
Health: 85%
Energy: 87%
- Amused as hell.​

Referee Notes
-Earthquake did a bit more damage (2%) because the arena is mostly rock.
-Squirtle was confused on the last action and hurt himself.
-Darksong attacks first next round.

Don't take this harshly, but Squirtle shuld have used Iron Defence the first action. Read my post.

Squirtle started to use Yawn, but Bang put up a Protect. Squirtle couldn't change his attack in the middle of using it.

Okay, Bang, let's see what you should do next. Start with a Charge Beam to hit that Squirtle's weakness, but Protect if it starts to use Yawn. Next, use Psychic, to take advantage of that likely Special Attack boost. Finally, use Toxic, or Protect if the Squirtle uses Yawn.

Charge Beam / Protect ~ Psychic ~ Toxic / Protect

OK, Squirtle, I want you to get to that pull of water. JUST BE CAREFULL!Then, once you're in, hit the side of the pool and start an Earthquake. Lastly, use a surf.

Get in pool~Earthquake~Surf

Erm, I hate to say this especially right after I reffed for it but Squirtle can't learn Earthquake. >_> I should have checked first, sorry >_<

But.. I'm leaving the first round up, unless you want to start again..?

I-I-I-I-I'm so sorry. Leave this up to Darksong.

*Headesks**Headesks**Headesks**Headesks**Headesks*

Generally, if a pokémon is commanded to use an attack if the opponent protects, and then the opponent is commanded to use protect, the pokémon won't even use whatever its primary attack is and go straight to the "if protect is used" scenario. Squirtle should indeed have iron defense-d the first action.

Alright, it seems I've made a big screwed up mess of my second reffing! :D

Might as well start again, then.

Dice says-
-Scyther sends out
-Darksong sends out and attacks
-Scyther attacks
-I ref and desperately try not to screw the hell up

Well, I don't think you totally need to start the battle over; standard procedure in a situation like this would be to rewrite the problem reffing (in this case, iron defense first action and earthquake failure for squirtle). The battlers would then send in their round two commands in again in light of what had happened in the modified reffing.

Alright, that I will do. Sorry 'bout this pile of crap. Uh, go ahead and post your second round actions, Darksong and Scyther.

Err, well, you would post the revised first round reffing first, and then ask for their commands after they could see how the standings changed with the edits made...

Possible credibility -12!

Scyther said:
3 vs. 3
Single Battle

Just a plain, clay arena. It has a small pool for water-only Pokemon

ROUND 1.5
Scyther(OOO)
Squirtle
Squirtle (M) <Torrent>
-Looking at the pool hopefully.

Darksong(OOO)
bronzor
Bang (X) <Heatproof>
- Quietly watching Squirtle, but very alert.​

The battleground, aptly named Simple Stage, is nothing but a circular arena with a clay-like ground. A painted circle around the perimeter is divided down the middle by a straight line, one half a faded red. A makeshift Pokeball. To the side of the stage is a square platform where the referee stands, and behind her are some chairs for an audience; empty right now. Taking up about a tenth of the field is a pool, actually rather deep. The Trainers arrive quickly, almost seconds after the referee. She gives them the all-clear, and Pokeballs are tossed to the ground, Darksong's opening a few seconds before Scyther's.

A hexagonal shape forms from the red light, a Bronzor, named Bang. It spins in the air before staring across the field at Scyther, whose Pokeball has opened as well. A blue turtle forms from the light, a Squirtle. He looks over at the pool as the Trainers command their Pokemon, and the battle begins with a slight breeze from the skies.

Bang watches Squirtle carefully, and tenses as he takes a quiet breath. Squirtle exhales quietly, and a green tinged barrier comes up around Bang, who has closed its eyes. Squirtle pauses, watching this new instalment. This must be Protect.. Nodding to himself, Squirtle focuses his attention to a gland in his shell that goes into overdrive and a silvery liquid leaks from the top of his shell. Squirtle closes his eyes, this is nothing new, he's done this before.. The liquid metal spreads over his head and completely covers him in a slightly translucent layer of silver, all this taking a few seconds.

Bang peeks out of one eye, watching the Iron Defense taking effect. Slightly annoyed, Bang opens its eyes and drops the Protect. What a waste, he hadn't tried anything too... With a metallic scratching sound that could be a grumble, Bang's eyes glow an odd light blue and two orbs of light float in front of it. Blinking, the light leaves its eyes and the two orbs bob towards Squirtle. Now satisfied with his Iron Defense, Squirtle looks up- straight at the two floating lights. He is quickly distracted by them, and reaches up to touch one. Bang nods, also satisfied.

Squirtle shakes his head, trying to think. He had been ordered to use Earthquake.. Earthquake? The name of the move didn't sound familiar.. With a shrug, Squirtle reaches up for the lights again, giggling immaturely as they move away.

Bang blinks. It had moved into a kind of defensive position, turned slightly to the side, and floated up an inch, righting itself. Bang's eyes start to glow light pink, and Squirtle is enveloped in an aura of the same colour. Still looking at the lights, Squirtle is unaware until he is lifted up a meter or so and slammed down. Letting out a cry, the aura fades and Bang's eyes return to normal.

Squirtle pushes himself up off the ground, once again pestered by the two lights. He swats them away, and the gland in his shell starts to work, the same liquid spreading over his body. Bang watches quietly and regards the silvery Squirtle as it once more brushes the lights away, and looks its way with a grin.

ROUND 1.5
Scyther(OOO)
Squirtle
Squirtle (M) <Torrent>
Health: 89%
Energy: 94%
-A bit scratched up, but confident under his coats of metal. Confused (mild)
+2 Def

Darksong(OOO)
bronzor
Bang (X) <Heatproof>
Energy: 87%
- Still quiet as ever, making mental notes.​

Referee Notes
-Earthquake failed, well, because Squirtle can't learn it.
-Darksong attacks first next round.

‘Kay, Bang. I’ve been thinking about this. First, use Charge Beam so that you may get a Special Attack boost, but use Protect if that Squirtle uses Yawn. On the second turn, use Iron Defense, to protect yourself against physical attacks. Finally, use Toxic; however, use Protect if the Squirtle uses Yawn on this turn and not the first one.

Charge Beam / Protect ~ Iron Defence ~ Toxic / Protect

OK. First, I want you to use a Muddy Water. Then, use a yawn. Finally, use a protect.

Muddy Water~Yawn~Protect

Back
Top Bottom