• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

blazheirio889 vs. Heavy Lobster

Aethelstan

Murderer of Words
Format: 2 vs 2 single, set
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: One-hit KO's, direct healing
Arena: Aipom Island

It's an island. A relatively large island. The sand on the shore is soft, the waves are gentle and perfume the air with a whiff of salt. The battle is held on the shore, which can comfortably fit two and a half Metagross. Deeper into the island, a forest grows.
Aipom inhabit said forest. These Aipom are very curious and are drawn to loud noises, and therefore by a few rounds the battlers would probably find themselves with an audience. They all carry an Oran berry, apple, or a rock. Pokemon can be ordered to attack an Aipom to steal their item; an Oran berry can be consumed to heal 5% HP, while an apple will heal 3%. However, you don't know what the Aipom's holding until you attack it, and if it's holding a rock, it'll throw it at its attacker, causing 2% damage. It's up to the referee what the Aipom are holding.

Active Teams:

blazheirio889's Team:
[Khao] Cyndaquil (M)
cyndaquil
Ability: Blaze

[Ventus] Taillow (F)
tailow
Ability: Guts

[Retsurai] Shinx (M)
shinx
Ability: Intimidate

[Garnet] Staryu (N/A)
staryu
Ability: Illuminate

[Aqua] Buizel (F)
buizel
Ability: Swift Swim

Heavy Lobster's Team:
[Catastrophic] Absol (F)
absol
Ability: Super Luck

[Diggz] Diglett (M)
diglett
Ability: Sand Veil

[Head-Shot] Remoraid (M)
remoraid
Ability: Sniper

The Ref says:
-Heavy Lobster sends out
-blazheirio889 sends out and attacks
-Heavy Lobster attacks
-I ref

Last edited:
Ah. Then I'll send out Garnet, my Staryu.

Time to fry a fellow water-type, Garnet! You should be faster, so start up with a Thunder Wave. If Head-Shot Protects, then gimme a good Reflect. Then, Thunderbolt! If Head-Shot Protects, or cannot be hit due to Dive or Bounce, then use Cosmic Power. If the fishy used Double Team and has clones, then Swift. Finally, end the round with Toxic. If Head-Shot Protects or can't be hit because of Dive or Bounce, another Cosmic Power. Swift if the Remoraid has Taunted you or used Double Team.

Thunder Wave/Reflect ~ Thunderbolt/Cosmic Power/Swift ~ Toxic/Cosmic Power/Swift

OK, Head-Shot, let's fight electricity with electricity.

Take that Thunder Wave like a man, er, fish, and counter with your own to even the odds. Next action, let yourself get hit be the Thunderbolt, then use a Charge Beam to counter it, unless your first Thunder Wave failed because of paralysis or some other reason, then use Thunder Wave again. Finish the round off with Seed Bomb, unless you have more Health percentage than Garnet, in which case use Bullet Seed. But, if both of your Thunder Waves failed use Thunder Wave again.

Thunder Wave ~ Charge Beam / Thunder Wave ~ Seed Bomb / Bullet Seed / Thunder Wave

All is peaceful on this remote island paradise. It’s a picture perfect example of what a resort-like beach would be. Everything is calm and quiet; nothing seems to interrupt the silence, at least not yet. Suddenly, a boat appears on the horizon. Two trainers step out, and observe their surroundings. Noticing all the open space on the beach, the two decide it would be a perfect place to hold a Pokemon battle, never mind disturbing the peace. As luck would have it, a referee happened to have been vacationing on the island, and as he stepped out of the woods, he decided they could use his assistance. Nodding at the ref to confirm his part in the battle, both trainers readied their Pokeballs. Heavy Lobster sent out first, releasing Head-Shot the Remoraid into the nearby ocean. Blazheirio889 did likewise, but out of his Pokeball came Garnet the Staryu. Both aquatic Pokemon first looked at their trainers, and then turned to face their opponents.

Heavy Lobster(OO)
Head-Shot (M)
remoraid
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

blazheirio889(OO)
Garnet (N/A)
staryu
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Garnet quickly jumped out and the gem in its center began crackling with electricity. Jutting out its middle section, Garnet fired a thin stream of stunning electricity at the Remoraid. Head-Shot, while somewhat distressed by his cramped up muscles, was not deterred from unleashing his own Thunder Wave attack. Charging a small electrical current in his mouth, Head-Shot fired a similar stream of energy and Garnet began feeling its five appendages tighten up.

After attempting to loosen up a bit, Garnet once again began generating electricity in its center gem. This time however, the energy was much more concentrated and created a large bolt of electricity that was fired at high speed in Head-Shot’s direction. Startled, Head-Shot tightly closed his eyes and started shaking violently as the electricity coursed through his body. The Thunderbolt attack combined with the paralysis had shaken up the Remoraid, but Head-Shot wasn’t out yet. As Garnet had done, Head-Shot began charging a more concentrated beam of energy. As Head-Shot allowed the energy to flow through him as the beam grew steadily larger, he could feel his energetic capabilities heighten. Releasing the beam, a straight line of electric power flew right into Garnet’s left limb, nearly knocking the Staryu over.

Although Garnet wasn’t faring much better than Head-Shot, it was ready for one final attack. Opening up the pores on the top of his uppermost appendage, Garnet oozed out a large amount of repulsive purple fluid. Whipping it’s appendage forward, Garnet flung the glop at Head-Shot’s front side, where it landed on his eyes, head, and upper body. Head-Shot began flailing about desperately trying to rid himself of the fatal liquid, but it was too late, it had already soaked into his body, and was running through his veins. Feeling extremely weak at this point, Head-Shot decided it was time for him to get even. Biting off a chunk of some nearby greenery on the shore, Head-Shot quickly assembled the seeds into a roughly spherical shape. Using what strength he had left, he swung his tail at the ball and launched it at Garnet. It struck it squarely in the middle, knocking it backward, the seeds exploding and scattering everywhere. While excited by his hit, Head-Shot was doing his best not to topple over as the poison he was afflicted with tormented him further.

Heavy Lobster(OO)
Head-Shot (M)
remoraid
Status: Ugh, not feeling too well… Paralyzed, Poisoned (severe) Spec. Attack +1
Health: 87%
Energy: 86%

blazheirio889(OO)
Garnet (N/A)
staryu
Status: Satisfied with how the round went, but a little uncomfortable. Paralyzed
Health: 84%
Energy: 87%

The Ref says:

Terrain notes:
- There are seeds scatter amongst the sand and in the water.

Miscellaneous notes:
- Despite the arena description stating the battle takes place on land, blazheirio889 confirmed (via PM) the allowance of Pokemon in the water.
- Charge Beam raised Head-Shot’s special attack.
- Pokemon are not generally very good at determining their own or their opponents health/energy. Head-Shot used the move he did based on how bad he felt at the time.

Next round:
- Heavy Lobster attacks first.
- blazheirio889 attacks second
- I ref

Mmkay, Head-Shot, pretty good. Charge Beam SPAMing seems like our best strategy, as your an offensive little fish. However, I wish for you to start off with Toxic to even the odds a bit. But if Garnet is Paralyzed on that action use Gunk Shot and hope for some good luck. Next action use Toxic if Garnet isn't poisoned, Charge Beam if he is, and Double-Team if he was Paralyzed that action (If he's Paralyzed this action and isn't poisoned use Toxic). Finally use Charge Beam or Mimic if he used Thunderbolt.

Toxic / Gunk Shot ~ Toxic / Charge Beam / Double-Team ~ Charge Beam / Mimic

Hoo, boy, this isn't looking too bright at the moment. Quickly create a Substitute - since you're faster, you should be able to pull it off. If you're paralyzed, though (Which I pray doesn't happen), just take it easy and Chill. Then, gimme a Facade, 'cuz you know you're so angry that you're paralyzed. Don't let the fishy get the better of you! End the round with a Psych Up. Oh, and any time you're paralyzed, Chill.

Substitute/Chill ~ Facade/Chill ~ Psych Up/Chill

By the way, Aethelstan, can you include how severe the paralysis is and how much damage Head-Shot will take from poison?

Severe Poisoning will simply go up 1% every round (starting at 1%), and will be capped at 10%, but sure, I’ll show it. Paralysis is really either sever, or not severe, in this case it’s not severe. Typical paralysis lowers speed by ¼ and there’s a 25% chance of being fully paralyzed.

Heavy Lobster(OO)
Head-Shot (M)
remoraid
Status: Ugh, not feeling too well… Paralyzed, Poisoned (severe, 2% damage this round) Spec. Attack +1
Health: 87%
Energy: 86%

blazheirio889(OO)
Garnet (N/A)
staryu
Status: Satisfied with how the round went, but a little uncomfortable. Paralyzed
Health: 84%
Energy: 87%

Garnet began the round doing something quite odd appearing. Releasing a thick, water like substance from her body, Garnet quickly formed the stuff into model of itself. Satisfied with its work, Garnet stepped back and put some of its own energy into the pseudo-Garnet. Suddenly, the rather sloppy statue sprang up, and took on much more form than it had before making it look nearly identical to the original. Head-Shot cocked his head as he observed the “new” Garnet, it was a little different looking, but he could see nothing else resembling his opponent, what other options did he have? Quickly regurgitating some toxic fluid, Head-Shot swam in close and spat out the glop right on top of the Garnet copy. The goo quickly soaked into the substitute, but did seemingly no harm whatsoever. Meanwhile, behind the bush it had hidden itself, Garnet began thinking about all that’s happened to it. Paralysis was just too much for one Staryu to bear, especially since it had so few limbs; what could it move now!? In fact, it was making it mad. Realizing the harm done to it was all caused by Head-Shot (never mind that being the point of battle), Garnet could no longer control its actions and went into a frenzy, willing it’s copy to charge forward and start whacking Head-Shot with all its might. Eventually, Garnet managed to get a hold of itself, but as it was calming down, Head-Shot was charging yet another electric attack. Letting the energy empower him, Head-Shot slowly allowed his natural talents to increase as the beam grew steadily larger. Firing off the electric charge, the copy started shaking violently as the beam hit.

…Now wait a second, that Charge looked a little more powerful than the last one… Oh that’s right, Head-Shot’s Special Attack is up a little higher than usual. OK, Garnet could deal with that. Emitting strange mental energies, Garnet managed to pick-up Head-Shot’s mind waves in the air. Copying his current thoughts, feelings, and condition, Garnet quickly gained Head-Shot’s boost evening the odds a bit. Not noticing anything amiss, aside from “Garnet’s” continued oddness, Head-Shot simply shrugged (to the best of a fish’s abilities) and began charging his beam one more time. Getting his usual power gain, Head-Shot let loose his electric abilities onto Garnet’s substitute once more. The copy quickly turned to useless sludge as the final blow took out its last bit of life. Head-Shot stared blankly as Garnet jumped out from the bush it had been concealing itself behind. How on earth did Garnet do that? Never mind that though, this poison HURT, and it was taking effect again, doing further harm to Head-Shot’s already battered body.

Heavy Lobster(OO)
Head-Shot (M)
remoraid
Status: Bamboozled, and still not feeling too well. Paralyzed, Poisoned (severe, 3% next round) Spec. Attack +3
Health: 72%
Energy: 71%

blazheirio889(OO)
Garnet (N/A)
staryu
Status: Feeling a little stronger, but still a little uncomfortable. Paralyzed, Spec. Attack +2
Health: 69%
Energy: 69%

The Ref says:

Terrain notes:
- There are seeds scattered amongst the sand and in the water.

Miscellaneous notes:
- Charge Beam raised Head-Shot’s special attack both times.
- Because the size of the substitute was not specified, it was made an average 15%

Next round:
- blazheirio889 attacks first.
- Heavy Lobster attacks second
- I ref

Whoops, sorry about not including the size of the substitute. Anyway.

Phew, Garnet, that Special Attack boost looks hefty. So, let's throw up a Light Screen to deal with that. Then, we'll just go on the offensive. Gimme two Thunderbolts. However, if you were paralyzed on the 1st action, I want the Light Screen to be on the 2nd action. If Head-Shot Protects the 2nd action and you were to use Thunderbolt, I want you to use Cosmic Power; if he Protects on the 3rd, I want you to Chill. On the last action, if Head-Shot has any Double Team clones, use Swift instead of Thunderbolt.

Light Screen ~ Thunderbolt/Light Screen/Cosmic Power ~ Thunderbolt/Chill/Swift

OK Head-Shot, we are ahead in energy and HP% so let`s continue to play the same game. Light Screen is irreversible as you can not learn Brick Break for some reason XD, so begin with Seed Bomb, unless he`s paralyzed, in which I want you to fire off a Charge Beam. Next action Seed Bomb again, but if he`s paralyzed use Toxic. If, however, he has been paralyzed on both actions use Charge Beam. Finally, try and forget the pain and Chill, unless he`s been paralyzed on all three actions, then I want you to use Charge Beam again.

Seed Bomb / Charge Beam - Seed Bomb / Toxic / Charge Beam - Chiill / Charge Beam

Heavy Lobster(OO)
Head-Shot (M)
remoraid
Status: Bamboozled, and still not feeling too well. Paralyzed, Poisoned (severe, 3% this round) Spec. Attack +3
Health: 72%
Energy: 71%

blazheirio889(OO)
Garnet (N/A)
staryu
Status: Feeling a little stronger, but still a little uncomfortable. Paralyzed, Spec. Attack +2
Health: 69%
Energy: 69%

To begin the next round, Garnet quickly stepped back, its gem glowing brilliantly. Emitting a large rectangular wall of light immediately in front of itself, Garnet put back one of its lower appendages in attempt to brace itself for an attack. Head-Shot meanwhile was ripping some more greenery to bits as he gathered the seeds together in a large ball. Clamping his jaw around the seed ball, Head-Shot speedily flicked his head forward, releasing the ball right through Garnet’s screen and into its upper limb. Garnet skidded backward on impact as the seeds flew everywhere, but wasn’t about to let its guard down. Charging a large amount of electricity, Garnet jumped back toward its opponent as it released the bolt right for Head-Shot’s side. With the electricity crackling all over and inflicting near intolerable damage, Head-Shot was swimming in circles trying to get away from the electricity surging through the water. Weakly moving back toward the shore, Head-Shot constructed another sphere out of seedlings which he once again flung in Garnet’s general direction Garnet at this point knew what was coming and attempted to move out of the way, but the ball was simply flying too fast. Making contact yet again, this ball struck Garnet in the gem very hard and Garnet was unable to keep its balance, losing all focus on its Light Screen which dropped suddenly.

Slowly rising, Garnet began generating electricity again, this time leaping into the air to get a better angle of attack. As it released the large bolt, purely by chance Head-Shot took the hit right in the mouth. Screaming and flipping violently in the water, Head-Shot all but passed out in the water feeling the sting of the electric charge coursing inside and outside of his body. After a hit like that, there was little Head-Shot could do but rest. Settling down in the water, Head-Shot calmed his nerves, relaxed his muscles, and closed his eyes trying to regain some energy. Head-Shot would have been in complete peace if the poison in his body hadn’t kicked in once again. If he had been more attentive, he would have seen what Garnet noticed as it stood on the shore. Among the trees on the side of the island, a large group of Aipom started swinging in, peeking through the branches, and making faces at the competitors. Garnet stared back (as best a Pokemon with no eyes could), and then looked back at its trainer, wondering what she would do about these pests.

Heavy Lobster(OO)
Head-Shot (M)
remoraid
Status: Resting somewhat contentedly. Paralyzed, Poisoned (severe, 4% next round) Spec. Attack +3
Health: 29%
Energy: 67%

blazheirio889
(OO)
Garnet (N/A)
staryu
Status: Looking around at the newcomers. Paralyzed, Spec. Attack +2
Health: 27%
Energy: 52%

The Ref says:

Terrain notes:
- There are lots of seeds scattered amongst the sand and in the water.
- The Aipom have arrived. They are scattered among the trees along the side of the shore opposite the water.

Miscellaneous notes:
- Head-Shot’s second Seed Bomb was a critical hit, and messed up Garnet’s concentration disabling its Light Screen.
- Head-Shot’s Sniper ability was activated during the critical hit.
- Amazingly enough, Garnet’s second Thunderbolt was a critical hit as well.

Next round:
- Heavy Lobster attacks first
- blazheirio889 attacks second
- I ref

Well, I'm lazy, so just follow these simple commands. Use Charge Beam in all actions. If Garnet puts up a Light Screen switch Charge Beam for Seed Bomb.

Charge Beam / Seed Bomb ~ Charge Beam / Seed Bomb ~ Charge Beam / Seed Bomb

You're doing great Head-Shot :)

Heheh, exactly what I was waiting for. Garnet, swim as quickly as you can to the shore and plop down on the sand - be careful of those Charge Beams! If it helps, dive underwater to avoid them. Then, Camouflage. That should change you into a ground-type and make those Charge Beams ineffective. If you managed to do all that in one action, Swift on those pesky Aipom (target as many as you can), suck up all the rocks that get thrown at you, and gobble those berries and apples. If you only have one action left, though, fry the fishie with a Thunderbolt.

Get on sand and Camouflage/Get on sand ~ Camouflage/Swift at Aipoms ~ Eattt/Thunderbolt

I think you rolled back to a much earlier reffing when you were figuring out the health and energy for these guys. They were in the 20's in terms of health at the end of last round, so unless I missed something, they shouldn't be in the eighties now...

Ah, if you don't mind, I'd like to see that round edited before I issue my attacks. Need me some time to consider my strategies :) Thanks.

I think I'm losing my mind due to lack of sleep. Sorry about all that.

Heavy Lobster(OO)
Head-Shot (M)
remoraid
Status: Ugh, not feeling too well… Paralyzed, Poisoned (severe, 4% this round) Spec. Attack +1
Health: 29%
Energy: 67%

blazheirio889(OO)
Garnet (N/A)
staryu
Health: 27%
Energy: 52%

Doing its best to ignore the Aipom lingering in the trees, Garnet began a mad dash towards the shore. Flailing its limbs in a strangely organized manner, Garnet quickly found itself trying to balance on its lower limbs on the shifting sand. Head-Shot, attentively watching his opponent, was readying another Charge Beam attack. Feeling the energy from the electricity empower him, Head-Shot let loose the attack, which flew right into Garnet’s back. It hadn’t been paying attention to Head-Shot, and was now writhing on the sand, crackling with the electric charge. Despite the blast, Garnet was happy.
”Let’s see that annoying little fish try that again!” was Garnet’s though as it flipped over. Releasing strange hormones and enzymes throughout its body, Garnet soon found its whole body, including its gem was now a light sandy tan color. If one had come over and picked Garnet up, they would have discovered its new grainy, rough texture. Garnet snickered as it observed Head-Shot’s curious look. Wonder if he’ll ever figure it out. Indeed, Head-Shot wasn’t sure what had just taken place, but he wasn’t about to let a lame color changing act mess with him.

Readying yet another Charge-Beam, Head-Shot felt the usual energizing power flow through his body as he fired off the beam, which hit dead-center on Garnet’s gem. This time however, the outcome was different. When the electric charge hit it crackled and fizzled, dissipating almost instantly. Head-Shot was shocked, so to speak. He stared astonished at what had just happened. Actually, he wasn’t sure what had happened. All he knew was that he was worried. Garnet gave a strange, mouth-less smile. In your face fish. Well, it didn’t have to worry about Head-Shot anymore; it was time for a new target. Turning toward the trees, Garnet carefully generated a large ball of pure energy which split into zillions of tiny stars. The stars quickly zipped towards the surprised Aipom, knocking a few of them out of the trees. One who had been holding an apple flew into the bushes. His fruit bounced out onto the sand, and Garnet quickly ran forward, laid its appendages onto the apple and absorbed its nutrients. The other two Aipom that had been knocked out of the trees weren’t happy with what had happened. Quickly leaping out of the same bushes, the Aipom hurled the large stones they had been holding in Garnet’s direction. Falling over from the force of the stones, Garnet watched dazed as the Aipom marched angrily back into the forest. Head-Shot meanwhile, was still nervously looking at the altered Garnet. Tensing up about why his attack wasn’t working, Head-Shot decided the best thing to do would be to try again. Trying to generate some more electricity, Head-Shot found he was unable to move, no matter how much he struggled. He was just too worked up and tightened up to fight the paralysis he was afflicted with, and the poison running through his body wasn’t helping either.

Heavy Lobster(OO)
Head-Shot (M)
remoraid
Status: What the heck is going on here!?! Paralyzed, Poisoned (severe, 5% next round) Spec. Attack +5
Health: 25%
Energy: 55%

blazheirio889(OO)
Garnet (N/A)
staryu
Status: Pissed off at those stupid Aipom. Camouflaged (Ground type), Paralyzed, Spec. Attack +2
Health: 20%
Energy: 49%

The Ref Says:

Terrain Notes:
- There are lots of seeds scattered amongst the sand and in the water.
- The Aipom have arrived. They are scattered among the trees along the side of the shore opposite the water.

Miscellaneous Notes:
- Charge Beam raised Head-Shots Special Attack both times it was used.
- The first Aipom had an Apple, which was eaten, the second and third Aipom had rocks, which they threw at Garnet.
- Head-Shot was fully paralyzed on the last action.

Next Round:
- blazheirio889 attacks first
- Heavy Lobster attacks second
- I ref

Last edited:
...What the. I thought I posted.

Anyway. We've lost the element of surprise with our Camoflauge, so let's run like a pussy and head off into that forest and... Camoflauge again. That'll turn you into a Grass-type, so you'll be resistant to most of Head-Shot's attacks. However, for added protection, I want you to head at least a meter or two into the forest, and hide behind a tree for some pretection against projectiles. This shouldn't take any more than an action, if you managed to scramble on the beach and Camoflauge in one action last round.
And now, from how I understand it, Thunder comes from the sky (Well, duh). So let's use that to our advantage. Manipulate the clouds closer to Head-Shot and turn the ocean into a light show! ...That means, two Thunders. I don't think the distance or any obstacles should hinder your attack. In addition, even if it misses, it should discharge electricity into the ocean and damage the fishy anyway. However, if Head-Shot Protects on any action, give me a Psych Up. I highly doubt he'll Protect twice in a row, but if he does, use Psych Up the 2nd action and Chill on the 3rd.

Head into forest and Camoflauge ~ Thunder/Psych Up ~ Thunder/Psych Up/Chill

OK Head-Shot, you're doing great. Begin with Sunny Day in a vain hope that the Thunders won't effect you as much. Follow up with a Lock-on so that you will make clean contact with Garnet then fire off a Fire Blast.

Sunny Day ~ Lock-on ~ Fire Blast

if you managed to scramble on the beach and Camoflauge in one action last round.

Actually, no he didn't, it just seems that way because attacking an Aipom and eating what falls is in one action. I don't know if you want to re-think your strategy because of this.

Ohh... Well then, yes, I'd like to, if that's okay.

Alrighty, then. Scramble one or two meters into the forest, hide behind a tree, and Camoflauge. Two actions, whoopee. Then gimme a Thunder. If he Protects, Psych Up. If he had changed the weather to Sunny Day, instead use Natural Gift.

Run into forest ~ Camoflauge ~ Thunder/Psych Up/Natural Gift

Back
Top Bottom