• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Kam vs. Psymon

Phoenixsong

beep beep coming through
Pronoun
she/they/any
Kam said:
3 v. 3 Double
Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage cap: 50%
Banned: OHKO moves.
Arena: Plank of the Southern Seas
This arena takes place on a large wooden board in the middle of a sea. The plank is about 100 feet wide, with a hole in the middle.
Other: Any heavy physical attacks (such as Wood Hammer or Rok Tomb) that aim towards the plank will destroy it. No pokemon weighing over 100 pounds can be supported by the plank without it falling over.

Kam's active squad: [Kappa] Mudkip (M) {Sig Mod: Natural Leader} - [Envy] Misdreavus (F) - [Zero] Bronzor (X) <Levitate>

Psymon's active squad: [Florence] Bulbasaur (F) - [Medium] Psyduck (M) <Damp> {Sig Mod: Psychic Power; Sig Move: Headache Burst} - [Grizzle] Teddiursa (M) <Quick Feet> (unavailable) - [Dodo] Doduo (?) <Early Bird> - [Scratch] Meowth (M) <Pickup> - [Simon] Hoothoot (M) <Insomnia> - [Aiden] Sentret (M) <Keen Eye> - [Andy] Hoppip (M) <Chlorophyll> - [Zoe] Spoink (F) <Own Tempo>

Psymon sends out
Kam sends out and attacks
Psymon attacks

Also, Psymon: Dodo's gender is missing from your profile. Please add it in.

Hm. Judging by the aquatic nature of this stage, I'm going to assume that sending out Kappa and Envy will be a good idea.

Envy, I want you to make one of these guys fall in love with you. Try and attract Dodo, but if he's protected from your move, try to attract Simon instead. After that, start scheming with a Nasty Plot, or just repeat your first action if neither of them are Attracted. Finally, use Thunder if Kappa's got a Rain Dance up, use Thunder on the one you haven't attracted. Otherwise, just use a Thunder Wave.

So, to recap: Attract Simon/Attract Dodo ~ Nasty Plot/Attract Simon/Attract Dodo ~ Thunder/Thunder Wave

Now, Kappa, I want you to set up a Substitute... a medium sized one. Use Rain Dance on your next action, and then use Aqua Ring if your Substitue is still up. Otherwise, use Whirlpool on the Pokemon that is attracted.

Substitute (15%) ~ Rain Dance ~ Aqua Tail/Whirlpool

Let's see how this strategy works out.

Trying to Attract, eh? Let's counter this up then. Dodo, use attract on Envy on your first action. after that, use Steel Wing on Envy for the rest of the actions.

Attract @ Envy ~ Steel Wing @ Envy X 2

Simon, i want you to use Hypnosis on Kappa till it works, the use Shadow ball on Envy.

Hypnosis @ Kappa ~ Hypnosis @ Kappa/ Shadow ball @ Envy ~ Hypnosis @ Kappa/ Shadow ball @ Envy

Kam vs. Psymon, Round One

Pre-Round Stats

Kam (3/3 Pokémon Remaining)

Misdreavus
Envy (F) [Levitate]
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Envy's Commands: Attract@Simon/Attract@Dodo ~ Nasty Plot/Attract@Simon/Attract@Dodo ~ Thunder/Thunder Wave

Mudkip
Kappa (M) [Torrent]
Sig Mod: Natural Leader
Kappa's Commands: Substitute 15% ~ Rain Dance ~ Aqua Tail/Whirlpool

Psymon (3/3 Pokémon Remaining)

Doduo
Dodo (M) [Early Bird]
Dodo's Commands: Attract@Envy ~ Steel Wing@Envy ~ Steel Wing@Envy

Hoothoot
Simon (M) [Insomnia]
Simon's Commands: Hypnosis@Kappa ~ Hypnosis@Kappa/Shadow Ball@Envy ~ Hypnosis@Kappa/Shadow Ball@Envy

This arena takes place on a large wooden board in the middle of a sea. The plank is about 100 feet wide, with a hole in the middle.

Round One: Begin

The sea stretches on for miles and miles on every side of the massive plank, an expanse of brilliant sapphire as far as the eye can see with no land in sight. Dodo the Doduo struggles to maintain his balance as he stands on one end of the wooden board. He is, by far, the heaviest of the Pokémon currently on it, and his weight causes it to list down in his direction as it floats over the small waves; keeping his two spindly legs underneath him is quite a concerted effort, and the Hoothoot beside him wobbles unsteadily on the one foot he is currently struggling to stand on. The Mudkip and Misdreavus on the other end, however, do not seem especially bothered. Kappa the Mudkip would actually enjoy a nice dip in the water, now he thinks about it, even if it is rather saltier than he'd normally prefer; his partner, Envy, is not even in contact with the plank at all, and could care less about what the wood several inches below her does or does not do. Her red irises are instead focused on the two birds stumbling around before her, a plan to get all three of their feeble little minds under her control and out of her way as swiftly as possible.

Undisturbed by the gentle rocking of the massive plank below her, Envy drifts forward and circles lazily around Simon's head. The Hoothoot balks and hops back a few paces on his one leg, stopping short when his back talon pokes out over the edge. Rather than attack, however, as Simon seems to be expecting, the airy ghost simply giggles and bats her eyelids at him. A tendril of ectoplasm snakes out from her body and runs under Simon's beak, tickling just a little. Confused, the owl takes three tentative hops forward; Envy, emboldened by his curiosity, drifts a little closer and begins to whisper in his ear. Dodo hisses and rolls all four of his eyes, not at all convinced, but however strong his skepticism his partner seems to like what he hears. Within seconds Envy has Simon giggling right along with her, and when she floats backward a few feet the Hoothoot sighs and waves a tiny wing at her.

She doesn't get very far before Dodo bites back his disapproval and makes a move of his own. One head whistles to catch her attention; when she frowns and looks over at it, the Doduo struts across the boards and parks both heads in front of hers. His rigid beaks can't manage the seductive smiles he'd like to turn on her, but Envy doesn't seem to mind. This guy has two heads, after all, and so he can give her twice as many compliments at once--now that's a pretty awesome guy. Simon closes his wide eyes and takes a deep breath as Dodo works his magic, trying to drown out what he says. Envy is his girl, isn't she? Why would his own friend try to sweet-talk her--and why would she seem interested after coming onto him? He is so puzzled by the Misdreavus's behavior, so determined to rationalize it and sort out his feelings, that his mind is not really on the gentle pulses of psychic energy he sends in Kappa's general direction.

Kappa yawns cavernously, already quite board with the mushy love triangle unfolding before him. He ignores Simon's half-hearted attempts to do... something, heck, he can't tell what it is, to him, instead taking a deep breath and squeezing his water sac as hard as he can. A glob of a shimmering blue substance dribbles out of his mouth and squelches unpleasantly as it hits the wood. He sits back on his haunches and shapes the gel with his forepaws, eventually sculpting it into something the approximate size and shape of a second Mudkip; then, satisfied with his handiwork, he simply vanishes. Envy is left alone with the substitute Kappa by the time she returns to their end of the plank, although she isn't overly concerned with that--she's too busy trying to keep her eyes on Simon and her mind on that sexy Siamese ostrich over there.

And oh, the wonderful images that run through her head! She's going to run away with Dodo, yes, and start a new life with him... of course, before she can manage any of that she'll have to get that lovesick rotund owl out of the way. Her daydreams quickly turn to much darker thoughts, images of the sweet Dodo contorting into visions of Simon's puffy round body inflating and inflating and inflating until it explodes and showers the plank with innards and sad little feathers. She has to force herself to look away from the Hoothoot as she schemes; the horrible grin stretching from one side of her face probably looks more ominous than attractive, and it wouldn't do to give up the game so easily...

Dodo knows full well that the look on Envy's face cannot possibly be anything good, and whatever she's planning should probably be stopped posthaste. This will, of course, have to be handled with a great degree of caution; he's just succeeded in getting Envy to fall in love with him, and too much trauma too soon will only serve to arouse her suspicions and undo all his work. One head sighs, the other rolls its eyes, and then Dodo staggers forward. His vestigial wings, so tiny that they are completely obscured by the tawny feathers on his sides, begin to glow a brilliant silver. The light stretches from underneath the bones, fanning out to create wing-shaped blades of pure metallic energy. Three more awkward steps forward and the Doduo is able to swing the makeshift wings straight into Envy's leering face. The spirit reels and falls back, shocked--wait, why'd he do that? After all of the lovely things he'd just said...

Simon, meanwhile, has temporarily planted both feet on the ground and shut his eyes, currently unable to see Envy or anyone else. He doesn't even bother trying to put Kappa (or, rather, his replacement) to sleep; instead, he is busy mentally reciting Envy loves ME and Dodo's just acting, Envy loves ME and Dodo's just acting, Envy loves ME and Dodo's just acting... the voice in his head doesn't sound terribly convincing, but he tells himself that he's just going to have to keep believing it. This is a battle, Envy's infatuation with Dodo is just part of the battle... and when it's over, well, that's when they can run away together. Yes. That will be nice. He just has to ride out the battle...

The clear skies overhead darken ominously, thick slate-colored clouds pregnant with rain crawl across the sun and blot it out entirely. Then the clouds open, and fat raindrops tumble down and speckle the plank with dark blotches of water. Within seconds the entire lilting plank is dark and saturated with rain, more drops drumming against the seas around them and filling the air with an incessant pattering ans splashing. Kappa, curled up in his secret hiding place after some intense spiritual negotiations with the sky gods, frowns a little. It would be nice to actually be out there in the rain. Then again, though, he did ask for inclement weather that would endure for a while. The substitute, well-made as it is, probably won't last as long, and in the end it's probably for the best to take advantage of its blobby presence for as long as possible. Better safe than sorry; he can wait for his time to have fun in the water.

Individual raindrops fall straight through Envy's immaterial body, leaving her with an irritating, tingling sensation. It doesn't do much to improve her mood, certainly--her next order is to call down a wicked lightning bolt and strike Dodo with it. She knows that an attack like that will do devastating damage to her beloved birdy, something she would prefer to avoid at all costs. Or would she? She watches Dodo through the rain, biting her lip as she sees his flanks beginning to glow silver again. He did just hit her, after all, and by the looks of it he's preparing to do so again. The Misdreavus nods and resigns herself to buckle down and do it, then; one good, strong warning shot, that's all, just to let him know that he shouldn't toy with her like this. The somber clouds split open and a tongue of white lightning screams down, its white-hot tip striking the back of Dodo's left head.

Both of the Doduo's beaks open and let out a terrible scream of agony as electricity runs rampant through his body. His long legs give out from underneath him and he collapses onto the plank, nearly falling off and into the choppy waters as he thrashes around in uncontrollable spasms of pain. The screeching and crying diverts Simon's attention from his mantra, and he turns just in time to see his companion struggle to grab the edge of the giant flat board with one talon. The Hoothoot glares at him, clicking his short beak disapprovingly as Dodo finally manages to get a grip on the plank and steady himself. The two-headed jerk had it coming, really, hitting on his woman and then having the nerve to smack her like that.

Dodo's legs flail around wildly for a few moments before he is able to get them back underneath him and stand up, and even then it takes a few moments more for him to find his center of gravity and keep from pitching over into the sea. Dammit, he knew attacking Envy right after seducing her was a stupid idea. Doing it again after taking a nasty hit like that--his entire body is still buzzing with pain and stiffness--is even more stupid. But he can't disobey orders; he has to assume that his trainer knows what he's talking about and that this is all for the best. The silver glow appears at his sides once again and he stumbles forward, this time with a great deal more reluctance. Envy's eyes narrow with suspicion as he approaches, but before she can say anything to her fickle lover another "steel wing" collides with her body and knocks her down. Dodo is quick to apologize this time, however, both heads babbling a hasty explanation about following instructions and how the attacks are nothing personal. Honestly. He still loves her, really he does, with all his heart and soul. He hops back a few paces, watching her face nervously as she floats back upward after the blow. Good; she looks skeptical, yes, but not outright angry. He might still be able to keep the ruse up a bit longer...

Simon, now feeling a smidge better, at last turns his full attention to Kappa's substitute and sends a second series of psychic pulses through the air, hoping to get this fourth party out of the way before he gets any funny ideas. The air above the body double's misshapen head shimmers and distorts a little bit, but the construct itself remains motionless and unaffected. Then without warning the air behind the wobbly gel subsitute ripples again and tears open, allowing Kappa to leap out and onto the plank from his own spatial distortion. He lands neatly on the plank and, without missing a beat, trots forward, skips neatly around the hole and makes a beeline for Simon. His broad tailfin glows with energy of the same blue hue as the substitute, and the aura around it spreads and grows as he bounds across the wood. A second before the mudfish's head makes contact with Simon he stops and spins on the spot, whipping his tail around so that it slam's into the side of Simon's face with staggering force. Simon keels over instantly, hitting the plank with a thump that knocks what's left of his breath out of him. Kappa hops back across the plank and disappears again before the sore and frustrated owl Pokémon can right himself.

Round One: Close

Post-Round Stats

Misdreavus
Envy (F) [Levitate]
Health: 82%
Energy: 83%
Status: Special Attack +2; Attracted to Dodo (light); still working out her feelings

Mudkip
Kappa (M) [Torrent]
Health: 85%
Energy: 77%

Kappa's Substitute: 15% health remaining

Doduo
Dodo (M) [Early Bird]
Health: 75%
Energy: 84%

Hoothoot
Simon (M) [Insomnia]
Health: 79%
Energy: 92%
Status: Attracted to Envy (mild); a little upset with Dodo and a lot upset with Kappa

Arena Status: Heavy rainfall lashes down from the dark sky, soaking the plank and the battlers upon it. Dodo's weight is causing the plank to list and dip awkwardly, lifting Envy and Kappa's half higher than his own.

Ref's Notes
-Kam, in the first part of your commands you asked Kappa to use Aqua Ring. Since Mudkip can't learn Aqua Ring I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you meant Aqua Tail, as it said in your summary at the bottom. Do make sure you double-check things so that they match up next time, though.
-On that note, no target was explicitly specified for Aqua Tail (or Thunder Wave, not that it mattered), so I assumed that they were supposed to be aimed at the same target that Whirlpool or Thunder would have been.
-Simon's first Hypnosis missed and his third one failed due to Substitute; he was too infatuated to act on the second action.
-For the record, my schedule is usually busy enough that I don't have time to get to reffings until the day before or day of their DQ times; furthermore, my last post in the Absence Sheet (which, admittedly, might be buried) still applies, as I'm still having a little difficulty working around my current class schedule and so delays are to be expected. I do my best to remain on time, but in generally I work fairly slowly and it will be this way for a while. Especially with NaNo coming up.
-ffff so long I forgot how much work double battles are
-Psymon attacks first next round.

Ah, not going our way. Lets get Envy a bit more confused about her feelings, shall we.
Dodo, use Aerial Ace on Envy, then use Steel Wing on Kappa, and finish off with Roost.
Aerial Ace@Envy ~ Steel Wing@Kappa ~ Roost

Simon, i need you to use Attract on Envy, it's you she loves really, return the feeling. If Kappa's Substitute is broken by Dodo on the second action, use hypnosis on him on the second action, then dream eater if he's asleep on the third. If his substitute isn't broken on action 2, use Peck on Kappa. If Hypnosis failed or you used peck on the 2nd action and his substitute is broken, use Hypnosis. If his Substitute isn't broken on action 3, use peck.

Attract@Envy ~ Hypnosis@Kappa/Peck@Kappa ~Dream Eater@Kappa/Hypnosis@Kappa/Peck@Kappa

Oh no, this won't do.

Envy, I want you to Taunt Simon. Kappa, I want you to use Icy Wind, giving you the upper hand. (woohoo platinum tutor moves)

After this, Kappa, You and Envy will team up to attack. Kappa, jump far away and use Surf. Envy, I want you to launch off a Thunder at the wave he creates, thus electrocuting the two Pokemon in the tidal wave. If you can't do that, of course, use Thunder Wave at Simon.

Finally, the last action is up to you. Kappa, assuming Hoothoot is paralyzed (AND THUS UNABLE TO FLY, GEDDIT?) and Dodo has Roosted, an Earthquake will be a nice choice. Otherwise, use Ice Beam (at Dodo, who's gotten off easy this round). Envy, Thunder Wave at Simon. If he's already paralyzed, use Thunder on Simon.
Icy Wind ~ Surf ~ Earthquake/Ice Beam (Dodo)

Taunt (Simon) ~ Thunder (at the tidal wave)/Thunder Wave (Simon) ~ Thunder Wave (Simon)/Thunder (Simon)

Last edited:
"Depending on whether or not you can attack through your infatuation" is not a clear enough targeting command. Just because Envy is attracted to Dodo doesn't guarantee that she will be able to attack Simon--it's a lot more likely, but not a sure thing ("Oh, but Dodo will be upset if I hurt his friend," etc., etc.). And even if she isn't fully attracted, she could still attack either one, simply with varying degrees of guilt. For the sake of making this easier on me while I'm distracted, could you clarify, please?

...what part of "NaNo and things are making reffing a little tough right now" did I not make clear, both at the end of my reffing and in my last few absence sheet posts? :/

I'm sorry I didn't have the round up by Saturday, but I told you that this was only to be expected and I'd honestly rather you just went got and an e-ref instead of nagging me when I told you what the case was. (Especially since double battles are more time-consuming to deal with than single. Honestly, I hadn't noticed that it was double when I first took it. :/) I will try and have it done by tomorrow, but if you're going to be this impatient and really think you'll have better luck with an e-ref then just go get one, please.

Kam vs. Psymon, Round Two

Pre-Round Stats

Misdreavus
Envy (F) [Levitate]
Health: 82%
Energy: 83%
Status: Special Attack +2; Attracted to Dodo (light); still working out her feelings
Envy's Commands: Taunt@Simon ~ Thunder@wave/Thunder Wave@Simon ~ Thunder Wave@Simon/Thunder@Simon

Mudkip
Kappa (M) [Torrent]
Energy: 77%
Kappa's Commands: Icy Wind ~ Surf ~ Earthquake/Ice Beam@Dodo

Kappa's Substitute: 15% health remaining

Doduo
Dodo (M) [Early Bird]
Health: 75%
Energy: 84%
Dodo's Commands: Aerial Ace@Envy ~ Steel Wing@Kappa ~ Roost

Hoothoot
Simon (M) [Insomnia]
Health: 79%
Energy: 92%
Status: Attracted to Envy (mild); a little upset with Dodo and a lot upset with Kappa
Simon's Commands: Attract@Envy ~ Hypnosis@Kappa/Peck@Kappa ~Dream Eater@Kappa/Hypnosis@Kappa/Peck@Kappa

Round Two: Begin

Toying with Simon is starting to become quite tiresome, especially with that enigmatic, naughty, two-headed Dodo still on Envy's mind all the time. She decides against continuing the charade and changes tack instead--when she drifts over to the still-smarting Hoothoot and opens her mouth, it is a string of vicious insults that pours out and not the compliments or sweet, whispered nothings she'd given him before. At first Simon can't believe his ears. What... what is she saying to him? Surely... surely not his darling Envy? But the disbelief quickly gives way to rage as she goes on and on and the insults get worse and worse. By the time she finishes, the rain-soaked Simon is furious with himself for falling for a foul-mouthed, heartless hussy like this. Any thoughts of trying to return her affections--what he'd thought were her affections--fly straight out the window.

He'd been pretty mad at Dodo for trying to steal his woman before, but when he sees the Doduo lurch forward to attack her the owl can't help but want to egg him on. Dodo can't build up a great deal of speed by crossing such a short distance, especially not with the plank wobbling wildly every time he takes a step, but the, quick, accurate slashes he levels at Envy with both beaks definitely sting. The aerial ace snaps the Misdreavus out of her daydreaming for good--the first steel wing she might've been willing to write off as a little sexy, bad-boy attitude, but the second one and now this? Nuh-uh. Her entire ghostly body seems to flare with anger as she tries to pull herself back together; Dodo beats as hasty a retreat as he can without tipping the entire battlefield, unnerved by the hateful look in her eyes. His frantic backpedaling is sped along when the wind suddenly changes and blasts in his direction, an icy gust howling from the area above Kappa's substitute and encrusting both his and Simon's drenched feathers in a thin, uncomfortably cold layer of ice.

Dodo shivers violently, uneasy with the ice and the frigid rain weighing down his feathers. At least those steel wing attacks he used before don't require full-sized, functional wings--he doesn't know that he'd be able to lift them at the moment if they did. He staggers forward a second time, pseudo-wings of steely energy glistening at his frosted sides. They cut into the wet, wobbly body of Kappa's substitute, opening a tear in it but leaving it more or less intact. He turns around, not terribly concerned with his failure to destroy the metal-resistant doppelganger and more interested in avoiding Envy; before he gets far, however, Kappa reappears behind the damaged sub. The Mudkip takes just a moment to enjoy the heavy rain on his face before turning his attention to the water stretching out around them. The plank begins to buck and pitch dangerously as the waves around the battlers get rougher. Both birds squawk uneasily as the plank rocks beneath their talons; Simon temporarily forgets his rage and flails his small wings uselessly, hoping in vain for something to latch onto and steady himself but finding no such reprieve. Even Envy seems to be mildly perturbed by the ever-rising rainswept waves; she knows what her partner is doing, and she knows how she's supposed to respond. Only Kappa and his substitute remain calm amidst the roiling ocean, the little mudfish remaining completely oblivious as the water bucks and rolls higher and higher...

And then one of the wild waves breaks just as it reaches the plank. Kappa and the Mudkip doll shrug the wave off, for the most part, but it hits Envy hard as it passes her, and Simon and Dodo don't find it particularly agreeable when it crashes down on them, either. Envy has to struggle to maintain her concentration through the water rushing through her body, but she does manage to call another bolt of lightning down from the sky half a second after it carries on toward the other end of the plank. The bolt sizzles as it strikes the wave washing over the two birds and the electricity quickly disperses through the salty water. It delivers both flying-types a painful jolt, although the fleeting surge and the rush of water end almost as soon as they began. The combined surf and thunder leave both Simon and Dodo staggering and dazed, however brief the assault may have been; it takes all the effort the Hoothoot can muster to stumble across the still-lurching plank and jab his beak at the substitute, Kappa having returned to his hiding place after finishing his attack.

The rain rages on as the four Pokémon try to keep their wits about them in their pain and anger. The plank continues to rock and sway even as the waves die down, and the still-soaked and miserable Simon and Dodo are too cold, stunned and disoriented to move right away. It is Envy, then, who shakes off the discomfort of the surf and acts first. The pearls around her throat glow a pale yellow and begin to crackle and spark. Both of her opponents shrink back in fear, expecting another bolt from the blue that they will be unable to avoid; the tiny jolt of electricity that snakes out from the largest of her jewels, then, seems quite anti-climactic by comparison. The thunder wave strikes Simon, sending an unpleasant, nerve-jangling shock through his body but not doing much aside from that.

Dodo's two heads breathe a sigh of relief. Sure, it sucks that his partner was just compromised by Envy's attack, but after witnessing her caprice and fury first hand and several times he is of the opinion that it's better Simon than him. With Envy and Simon so focused on one another, it seems like a decent opportunity to relax. Slowly, shakily, he squats down on his thin legs and hugs the plank. The lower center of gravity goes some way toward helping him keep his balance a bit better, making it easier to redirect his energy toward restoration. His natural healing processes kick into high gear, restoring frayed nerves and soothing electrical burns at high speed.

With both birds feeling wet, heavy and tired, Kappa has a golden opportunity to tear them up with a good earthquake. There's just one problem--he can't create an earthquake, much as he'd like to. Oh, sure, he recognizes the attack, he's seen plenty of Swampert and other things use it before and figures it looks like a lot of fun, but he can't. He just doesn't possess the raw strength of his evolutions, and he doesn't know that he could hit the ground in just the right way to start a good seismic disturbance. Heck, they're out on a plank in the water. There's no ground to disturb anyway, is there? The most he thinks he'd be able to is maybe tip the plank near or past vertical. If, you know, he could muster the strength to pull it off. Frustrated, he remains in his hiding place and watches as Simon, still frazzled, takes another clumsy peck at his substitute. The construct is really starting to look like it's falling apart, holes pockmarking it here and there.

Round Two: Close

Post-Round Stats

Misdreavus
Envy (F) [Levitate]
Health: 66%
Energy: 66%

Mudkip
Kappa (M) [Torrent]
Energy: 63%
Status: Would it kill you to ask for attacks I actually know? :/

Kappa's Substitute: 2% health remaining

Doduo
Dodo (M) [Early Bird]
Health: 94%
Energy: 51%
Status: Speed -1; Roosting (1 more action); relieved, if still quite wobbly and a little tired

Hoothoot
Simon (M) [Insomnia]
Health: 57%
Energy: 86%
Status: Speed -1; Paralyzed (moderate); Taunted (2 actions remaining); twitching, cold and waterlogged

Arena Status: Heavy rainfall lashes down from the dark sky, soaking the plank and the battlers upon it. Dodo's weight is causing the plank to list and dip awkwardly, lifting Envy and Kappa's half higher than his own.

Rain Dance: 3 rounds, 2 actions remaining

Ref's Notes
-Taunting Simon caused his attraction to fade entirely; it also meant that he couldn't do anything on the first action.
-Envy's attraction faded on the first action.
-Thunder's damage to both Dodo and Simon was reduced because it spread through the wave, leaving less to actually hit each bird.
-Mudkip can't learn Earthquake, and for the record just because a flying-type has the "paralyzed" status doesn't automatically mean that it's permanently grounded until the condition wears off. (The fact that Simon is soaking wet on top of everything else probably would make it very difficult to fly, though.) I'm not sure that that's what you meant and it didn't matter because Kappa couldn't use Earthquake anyway, but yeah.
-Moving around a lot while paralyzed costs Simon about 1% extra energy per action.
-Forgot to list the rain duration last round. Whoops.
-Kam attacks first next round.

I was certain Mudkip learned Earthquake. Damn.

Alright, we're in good shape. I'm not worried about Simon breaking your sub, so don't sweat it.

Now, I want you to use Double Team as to increase your chances of survival. Then, use Rock Slide as many times as need be. Use Icy Wind if either foe hits the cap.

Double Team ~ Rock Slide/Icy Wind x2

Envy, I need you to annoy your opponents as much as humanly possible. Use Confuse Ray on Dodo, but if the move wouldn't hit (due to a Sub or attraction), use it on Simon instead.

Follow up by using Thunder on Simon for the next two turns. If you're attracted, he Protects, has a Sub, etc., then use Icy Wind instead (woohoo tutor moves)

Confuse Ray (Dodo/Simon) ~ Thunder (Simon)/Icy Wind x2

oh poop. Right simon, use Shadow Ball at Envy for the first two actions, then use Foresight at Envy.

Shadow Ball x 2 @ Envy ~ Foresight @ Envy

Use Sunny Day, then use a Hidden Power and Secret Power Combo at Kappa. If you can't pull that off, use Hidden Power at Kappa followed by Secret Power at Kappa.

Sunny Day ~ Hidden Power + Secret Power @ Kappa / Hidden Power @ Kappa ~ Nothing / Secret Power @ Kappa

Back
Top Bottom