• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Claudster vs. <Joseph: Night SHADE>

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
2 vs 2 singles
DQ: 1 week
Damge cap: 30%
Banned: OHKO moves

Arena: A vinyard

Description: A small sized vinyrad fenced off. About 20 by 20 meters with rows of grape vines going across from one end to the other. Each person starts across from each other in between the same two rows of grape vines.

Extras: you can use an action to eat a grape and restore 2% health.

Claudster's active squad:
- Buizel (Male - Swift Swim)
- Ponyta (Female - Flash Fire)
- Pidgey (Male - Keen Eye)
- Ekans (Female - Intimidate)

<Joseph: Night SHADE>'s active squad:
- BolTelTep (Genderless Baltoy - Levitate)
- Gracey (Female Feebas - Swift Swim)
- ZipZap (Genderless Magnemite - Magnet Pull)
- Toxic (Male Croagunk - Dry Skin)
- Flygon Who Really Is A Trapinch (Female - Hyper Cutter)

Random.org flicked a Brazilian coin 7 times and the results were as follows:
- <Joseph: Night SHADE> sends out
- Claudster sends out and issues commands
- <Joseph: Night SHADE> issues commands
- I ref

Yay! My first ASB battle!
First, Thank you Metallica Fanboy, for Reffing.
Ummm... BoTelTep and Flygon Who Is Really a Trapinch are weak to Buizel, ZipZap is weak to Ponyta, Toxic has Dry Skin making it weak to fire and thus weak to Ponyta, leaving Gracey… but Ponyta has Solarbeam, although it has no native Grass-type to boost its power, and I suppose that a Fire-type won‘t last long against a Water-type, so… Gracey is at the least danger of all my Pokémon… so…
Umm... I think I'll send out Gracey, my Feebas. I hope I’m doing the right thing…
GO GRACEY! WIN THIS!
Gracey_by_N_i_g_h_t__S_H_A_D_E.png

EDIT: Also yay! I just noticed...
I'm a
caterpie.png

Last edited:
I pick my one and only buizel
Okay so start with toxic. Then use aqua jet but if he tries to Poison you protect. and finally end off with a water pulse.

Toxic~Aqua jet/Protect~Water pulse

Wait, what? Buizel?
Okay... I was expecting Ekans' Seed Bomb, but hey ho.

Blast, 'twas probably not a good idea to send you out onto dry land. Still, can't worry about that now; got to battle. Oh, and Gracey? Don't panic; there is enough oxygen for you, but if you panic then there may not be.

Um, Protect on the first action, Try... Water Pulse on the second? And try an Attract on the third. Who knows, we could stop it from attacking for a while.

Protect ~ Water Pulse ~ Attract

Boy, I'm terrible at this.

Last edited:
You're welcome, <Joseph: Night SHADE>. Oh, and, by the way, I noticed that you had originally sent ZipZap out, but edited it and sent Gracey out instead. It's okay this time, since you did it before Claudster sent out and all, but, editing ASB posts is usually frowned upon, so, I recommend that you avoid doing that it.

2 vs 2 singles

Round 1

Claudster (OO)
Currently out: Buizel
Buizel
Male Buizel
Ability: Swift Swin
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Eager to battle.
Commands: Toxic ~ Aqua Jet/Protect ~ Water Pulse

<Joseph: Night SHADE> (OO)
Currently out: Gracey
Feebas
Female Feebas
Ability: Swift Swim
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Hoping that this will help her toward becoming a beautiful and sparkly Milotic.
Commands: Protect ~ Water Pulse ~ Attract

A small sized vinyrad fenced off. About 20 by 20 meters with rows of grape vines going across from one end to the other. Each person starts across from each other in between the same two rows of grape vines.

you can use an action to eat a grape and restore 2% health.
Arena status: Unchanged.

-----​

An iron gate made its age and state of affairs clear by roaring a metallic screech as it opened. Three individuals allowed themselves into an area bordered by fences, measuring 20 square meters -- enough to fit ten tall people lieing down along each wall, as the referee keeps mentally notes.

Grape vines form a corridor, upon which the battlers had agreed to begin the match on. The trainers each take position at one end of the straightway as the ref, standing in between, gives the signal to send the Pokémon out.

Noticing a small body of water nearby, <Joseph: Night SHADE> hurls his Pokéball near it, releasing a light brown bass with an old, tattered appearance. Despite looking feeble, she looked determined, as if aiming toward a certain goal.

In response, Claudster let his own Pokémon out: an orange otter with a yellow collar that appeared similar to a floating device. As it swapped from an upright position to a quadrupedal stance, it made its forked tail more visible.

Gracey held her position perfectly still, as if she hadn't noticed she was taking part in a battle. Her opponent found this weird, but proceeded with his orders nonetheless. Gaining conscious control of his body functions, he gathered body fluids to form an entirely new substance in his mouth. He proceeded to spit it out; it reacted with the outside world's oxygen to form an extremely foul, even toxic mixture.

Just as it was about to land on the target, though, it stopped on its tracks, sliding away toward the ground surrounding the small pond. A faint green light marked the path made by the poison, revealing what exactly that Feebas was up to -- it had been standing behind a protective shield all that time.

Seizing the opportunity, she began to move to perform her counterstrike -- however, she was interrupted. Her opponent had flung himself in the air by spitting a jet of water on the ground. He confidently let himself crash on her, striking her with his backside while moving carefully to avoid recoil even if it costed impact.

The surprise attack, however, did not stop Gracey from unleashing her own. She proceeded to open her mouth as wide as she could, blasting a pulse of water wrapped in sound waves. The Buizel, about to receive the attack, crossed his arms in front of himself to try blocking the attack, but he miscalculated; it landed somewhere he wasn't guarding. He didn't seem to take much damage from it, though. Instead, he immediately mounted a counterattack -- an identical counterattack, one that landed as weak as the earlier one.

The Feebas began to perform the final move of the round. She believed that it would be something that would help her in the long and harsh road to become a Milotic. She started to utilize nutrients from dry berries she had been fed earlier in order to make her skin look shinier and less old. After this, she proceeded to hit on her enemy, winking and throwing in lines, particularly about how strong that last Water Pulse was.

It seemed as though somebody was willing to go for inner beauty today.

Round 1 – End

Claudster (OO)
Buizel
Male Buizel
Health: 95%
Energy: 89%
Condition: Finding the beauty hidden by gloomy eyes and a permanent big-lipped frown.

Feebas
Female Feebas
Health: 92%
Energy: 90%
Condition: Believing that her march toward evolution is going smoothly.​

Additional notes:
- Obviously, Toxic missed because of Protect.
- <Joseph: Night SHADE> attacks first next round.

Yeah, I realised sending a steel-type in against an opponet with a Ponyta was suicide. I obviously wouldn't have done it if Claudster had posted. Oh, and if typing my name is a hassle, you can shorten it to <J:NS>. *Pokes Sig*

Also, is the pool deep enough for Surf, Waterfall, etc.? Here's hoping, so we can use them later on.

But back to buisiness.

First off, let's thank Metallica Fanboy for giving us a pool. Most refs wouldn't do that. Try a Dragonbreath, then a Toxic, then a Secret Power. Apologise profusely each time, say that your mean trainer made you do it and you did your best to weaken it or whatever, to hopefully minimize the attraction drop. If on any action he tries to inflict a status condition on you (unlikely at best, but hey, cover your bases), use Protect, but NOT TWICE IN A ROW.
Remember that if you beat him, you will be a third of the way towards almighty Miloticness though it doesn't matter to me, I'll love you no matter what.

Dragonbreath / Protect ~ Toxic / Protect ~ Secret Power / Protect

Whee, inner beauty.

Last edited:
It's okay Buizel you won,t have to hurt her...yet.
So start off with a substitute(15%) to protect yourself for a while.
Then go with a Bulk up to buff yourself up.
Finally end off with a chill.

Substitute(15%)~Bulk up~chill

Please learn to use apostrophies. Also learn to capitalise Substitute, Bulk Up and Chill, even in the middle of a paragraph. Sorry, my OCD makes me do this, I don't mean to sound.. well... mean.

Last edited:
<Joseph: Night SHADE>, I'm pretty sure most refs would give you some sort of body of water. We at ASB usually disapprove of suffocating fishes. Also, the pond I gave you is really small, so, you could use these sorts of attack, but they would cause a lot less damage. And, by the way, I'm a fast typer, and I'm mostly uncomfortable with abbreviations, so, typing your name isn't a hassle.

2 vs 2 singles

Round 2

Claudster (OO)
Buizel
Male Buizel
Health: 95%
Energy: 89%
Condition: Finding the beauty hidden by gloomy eyes and a permanent big-lipped frown.
Commands: Substitute (15%) ~ Bulk Up ~ Chill

Feebas
Female Feebas
Energy: 90%
Condition: Believing that her march toward evolution is going smoothly.
Commands: Dragonbreath/Protect ~ Toxic/Protect ~ Secret Power/Protect

A small sized vinyrad fenced off. About 20 by 20 meters with rows of grape vines going across from one end to the other. Each person starts across from each other in between the same two rows of grape vines.

-----​

Claudster knew better than to try to snap his loyal soldier out of his unusual attraction. Instead, he issued his commands in a way that would help them skirt around the issue. <Joseph: Night SHADE> chose to stay on the offensive, although still placing some degree of care into keeping the chemistry going.

The Buizel was excited about this round. Some of his movements would provide a great manner of, so to say, leaving an impression. He figured he needed a really impressive move to begin... And the one he was issued to perform was just fit for the deal. With his eyes tightly shut, he began to drain from his own life force, channeling it in front of himself. A vague likeness of his silloute began to form; as the creator kept on putting up an effort, the creature began to take a more precise shape, until it was finally a finely crafted, sturdy-looking decoy.

Gracie proceeded to move next. She drew out hidden Dragon-type powers and handled them to form and spit out a blast of green-blue flames. The attack struck the Substitute full-on, to the point of causing a widespread chemical burn from the right foreleg to a portion of the abdomen. Noticing surprise in the opponent's eyes, she immediately blamed her trainer.

Claudster's Pokémon wasn't convinced, though. He felt as though it would take some more to win his sweetheart. He presumed that she attacked the Substitute to see how strong it was -- and it failed miserably at being strong. In order to try to correct that, he smashed a particularly large branch from one of the trees, and proceeded to use it to do some weightlifting. He shifted between numerous manners of lifting, aiming to develop every muscle in his body. Much to his dismay, though, his decoy wouldn't update itself to reflect the additional muscle mass.

What was different about the recreation, though, was that a deep purple goop was sliding away at its surface. The culprit looked up and quietly whistled to some sort of song, apparently trying to make it look as though she hadn't done it.

Buizel was starting to lose hope. Would he get what he wanted? Nonetheless, he laid down and took a breather; he did just do some exausting exercise, after all. In his rest, he remained completely unaware of his foe blasting some sort of brillant turquoise beam toward the Substitute.

Round 2 – End

Claudster (OO)
Buizel
Male Buizel
Health: 80%
Energy: 87%
Status: Attack +1, Defense +1. Attracted to Gracey (Severe).
Condition: Slightly emotionally troubled.

Buizel's Substitute
Health: 3%

Feebas
Female Feebas
Energy: 77%
Condition: Not really focused on the fight, instead daydreaming about life as a Milotic.​

Additional notes:
- Toxic failed because it was used against a Substitute.
- Claudster attacks first next round.

Last edited:
Um, is the Substitute still in effect? You didn't note that it was destroyed or that it's still there. Also, Bulk Up should probably be noted in the End Of Battle Notes.
Also, you misspelt Buizel's Swift Swim as Swift Swin.

Um, is the Substitute still in effect? You didn't note that it was destroyed or that it's still there. Also, Bulk Up should probably be noted in the End Of Battle Notes.
Also, you misspelt Buizel's Swift Swim as Swift Swin.
The Substitute is in effect. It's right there between Claudster's Buizel and your Feebas.

As for the other two, going to fix them up now. Thanks for the heads-up.

Okay so now that you're pumped up start by making 3 clones with Double Team. Once thats done use whirlpool but if you don't think you can handle hurting Gracey use Captivate.Finally end off with either Frustration or Return depending on how you feel.

Double Team(3 clones)~Whirlpool/Captivate~Frustration/Return

Oh, right. I didn't notice that. Ah well.

Okay. Try a simple Water Pulse until the Substitute is destroyed, and if it is destroyed change to Toxic, then if there's an action left try a Dragonbreath.

Ahumm. I know you will most likely miss due to Double Team, but we need to eliminate the clones. And to excuse yourself to Buizel, say that if you don't attack, your mean trainer will not allow you to be together, or something of that sort.

Water Pulse ~ Water Pulse / Toxic ~ Water Pulse / Toxic / Dragonbreath

2 vs 2 singles

Round 3

Claudster (OO)
Buizel
Male Buizel
Health: 80%
Energy: 87%
Condition: Slightly emotionally troubled.
Commands: Double Team (3 clones) ~ Whrilpool/Captivate ~ Frustration/Return

Feebas
Female Feebas
Energy: 77%
Condition: Not really focused on the fight, instead daydreaming about life as a Milotic.
Commands: Water Pulse ~ Water Pulse/Toxic ~ Water Pulse/Toxic/Dragonbreath

-----​

Regardless about what each battler feels, the duel must go on. Commands are issued as usual.

Buizel opened the round. He picked his Substitute up, then began to sprint around the vinyard at absurd speeds, until his image was blurred. Once he settled down, he became them -- four identical Pokémon, each holding its own decoy.

Gracie then opened her mouth and shot a ball of water and sound wrapped around each other. The blast passed right through her target, making it vanish. She apologized profusely, claiming that her trainer had threatened to forbid her from being with them. But, since when have they "been together"? Much as the cloned Pokémon hoped this was true, it sounded mighty unnatural.

Nonetheless, they had orders to follow. They weren't willing to do something as cruel as trap the enemy, at least not for this time being; so, what they did was comfort her, making sure to put a certain degree of charm in the underscores. Their attitude was certainly captivating.

Making further excuses up, the Feebas procceded to spit one more Water Pulse. It landed a solid strike upon one of the Substitutes, breaking its head off as the clones disappeared. The brutality of the attack spoke louder than any word possibly could.

Buizel was seriously troubled. Did that fish actually have as much inner beauty as he thought she had? At any rate, he was familiar with the incredible force a Return or a Frustration can possess if timed correctly; his choice was to fold for now. Just for now.

When least expected it, though, an unpleasant feeling suddenly sprouted in his back. Something was sliding down there, and penetrating through his skin and into his veins... By the time he realized that he was poisoned, the toxic substance was already eating away inside him. He had no idea where that came from.

Round 3 – End

Claudster (OO)
Buizel
Male Buizel
Health: 79%
Energy: 82%
Status: Poisoned (Badly; 1% this round, 2% next). Attracted to Gracey (Moderate).
Condition: Looking everywhere for the source of his poison.

Feebas
Female Feebas
Energy: 65%
Condition: Giggling at her opponent's search.​

Additional notes:
- Water Pulse on the first action missed.
- Water Pulse on the second action scored a (pointless) critical hit and broke the Substitute.
- Buizel refused to attack due to attraction on the third round.
- <Joseph: Night SHADE> attacks first next round.

Is Double Team still in effect? If so, use a Swift three times. See how much damage an infallibly accurate move can do.
If the Double Team is gone, then Dragonbreath, Secret Power, Swift.
If in both scenarios something (Protect, Substitute, etc.) prevents you attacking, Chill. If he tries to get you with a Status Condition, use Protect, but NOT TWICE IN A ROW.

If Double Team Clones still exist: Swift / Chill / Protect, Swift / Chill / Protect, Swift / Chill / Protect.
If they don't: Dragonbreath / Chill / Protect, Secret Power / Chill / Protect, Swift / Chill / Protect.
(This doesn't count as too many contitionals if it's two totally different sets of commands, right?)
Continue apologising, even if he doesn't believe you fully. It may have some effect.

(Also, you misspelled Buizel's Swift Swim again.)

Last edited:
'Kay then.
Dragonbreath, Secret Power, Swift.
If something (Protect, Substitute, etc.) prevents you attacking, Chill. If he tries to get you with a Status Condition, use Protect, but NOT TWICE IN A ROW.
Dragonbreath / Chill / Protect, Secret Power / Chill / Protect, Swift / Chill / Protect.
Continue apologising, even if he doesn't believe you fully. It may have some effect.

Also, you didn't capitalize Double Team. @.@

Last edited:
Alright so let's start with a Toxic next use Attract and finally end the round up with a Swift of your own

Toxic~Attract~Swift

2 vs 2 singles

Round 4

Claudster (OO)
Buizel
Male Buizel
Health: 79%
Energy: 82%
Status: Poisoned (Badly; 1% this round, 2% next). Attracted to Gracey (Moderate).
Condition: Looking everywhere for the source of his poison.
Commands: Toxic ~ Attract ~ Swift

Feebas
Female Feebas
Energy: 65%
Condition: Giggling at her opponent's search.
Commands: Dragonbreath/Chill/Protect ~ Secret Power/Chill/Protect ~ Swift/Chill/Protect

-----​

As the fourth round began, Buizel's mind started to become more inclined toward accepting one fact: perhaps, it was Gracie that poisoned him, and just perhaps, she's not as nice as he thought she was. Commands were issued on both commands -- <Joseph: Night SHADE> seemed to have been particularly taking his time, to the point his plan was altered by strange foreign voices in his head.

His Pokémon was having a tough time processing her orders. It's difficult to be dealt no less than eighteen moves to make, and it gets more confusing when suddenly the number is narrowed down to a still puzzling nine. And to top it all off, her opponent was already mounting up a blitzkrieg -- he had managed to bring himself to spit a Toxic like the one she spat last round. As the poison boiled in her veins, her mind was thrown into further chaos. Were her charms failing to mantain her facade?

After a while, she settled for just going with whatever popped up in her head first. And that was blasting a wide-ranged flurry of shooting star shaped beams of energy. The attack's coverage of area left impossibly little room for the surprised target to flee; he was helplessly struck square.

Further apologies and excuses were coughed up, but these no more could trick Buizel. His subconscious still begged for a bit of limitation in the offensive, but he had a way of dealing with this. He began to craft a dramatic scene, feigning severe injury, staggering around the vineyard with a tired look upon his eyes. His woeful expressions, combined with his recently boosted muscle mass, led to an end result that appealed strongly to his enemy.

Suddenly falling in love with the hostile was the last straw; now Gracie's brain could no longer bring itself to reach a consensus on even one course of action to take. She was completely clueless, left to be hit full-on by a Swift much like her own. Upon executing the attack, Buizel put on an expression of sorrow mixed with lust for revenge, claiming that he wanted to show what sort of pain he had been through.

The Feebas had more to worry about than feeling appealed by her foe's sorrows, though, as both battlers started to feel the painful bite of the liquid snake that crawled through their veins.

Round 4 – End

Claudster (OO)
Buizel
Male Buizel
Health: 73%
Energy: 72%
Status: Poisoned (Badly; 2% this round, 3% next). Attracted to Gracey (Light).
Condition: Still extremely confused about his opponent, but nonetheless, letting things flow.

Feebas
Female Feebas
Health: 85%
Energy: 61%
Status: -2 Special Attack. Poisoned (Badly; 1% this round, 2% next). Attracted to Buizel (Severe).
Condition: Starting to develop mental fatigue.​

Additional notes:
- <Joseph: Night SHADE>'s reposted commands were still considerable as too many orders by my book. So, the first action had a random attack from the ones ordered, the second one had nothing and the third one had a random attack that was interrupted by the attraction (although I didn't make that much really clear in the reffing).
- Gracey was badly poisoned in the first action and attracted at the second.
- As for the Swift Swin misspelings, the problem was constant because of mistaken copypasting. And, on the matter of spelling, I get the feeling I wrote Gracey's name wrong somewhere.
- Claudster attacks first next round.

You did spell it wrong, once in each Reffing. And you know, I'm sure I've seen people give commands like that to their Pokémon, and since it's two orders applying to all actions, then...?
Ah well, what's done is done.
Gah I'm losing

Back
Top Bottom