• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Brock vs <Joseph: Night SHADE>

Dave Strider

the best coolkid
4 vs 4 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 3/pokémon, Moves that raise/lower evasion or accuraccy
Arena: Steelix Desert

Nestled away somewhere far away, there is a meduim-sized desert. It is round and is about big enough for two Wailord to face each other. The desert is surrounded by cliffs that tower miles up above. There are two platforms near two edges of the desrt, opposite each other, where trainers stand. Deep underground is an old Steelix who will attack every so often when the ref chooses for it to do so, using a move chosen by the ref. It has 100% health and no energy. You can knock it out, but it will be tough, as it is an old Steelix. It does have a limited movepool of Dig, Bite, Dragonbreath, and Iron Tail though. Weaknesses, immunities and resistances apply to its move and moves made against it.

Other: Nothing else. Idea from whatever battle was on Field with a Magikarp.

Brock's Active Party:

[Nero] Baltoy (Genderless)
Ability: Levitate

[Cainus] Growlithe (Male)
Ability: Flash Fire

[DiamondBack] Seviper (Male)
Ability: Shed Skin

[Ferno] Charmander (Male) - $10
Ability: Blaze

<J:NS>'s Active Party:

[BoTelTep] Baltoy [Genderless]
Ability: Levitate
Move Mod: None
Body Mod: Rapid Spinning

[Gracey] Feebas [Female]
Ability: Swift Swim
Body Mod: None

[ZipZap] Magnemite [Genderless]
Ability: Magnet Pull

[Toxic] Croagunk [Male]
Ability: Dry Skin

[Flygon Who Is Really A Trapinch] Trapinch [Female]
Ability: Hyper Cutter

[Skippy] Spinarak [Male]
Ability: Insomnia

[Lizabeth] Buizel [Female]
Ability: Swift Swim

RNG says:
<J:NS> sends out.
Brock sends out and attacks.
<J:NS> attacks.
I failref

Uh, I guess I'll send out BoTelTep, my Genderless Baltoy.
BoTelTep_by_N_i_g_h_t__S_H_A_D_E.png

In both my battles I've had to send out first. >.>

Also urk those Gen.III Sprites look so bright compared to my Darke Versions.

Last edited:
I'll send out Nero, my Baltoy.

Ok Nero, Lead off with a nice Shadow Ball. Follow it up with a Light Screen so he doesn't copy you, then stop all heals with Heal Block.

Shadow Ball ~ Light Screen ~ Heal Block

(And yes I want him to start out Inherently Hovering)

Last edited:
Okay BoTelTep, first off let's thank Psymon for Reffing.

Second, let's do Brock a kindness and tell him that you don't need to tell an Inherently Hovering or Flying Pokémon to start off hovering, only Consentually Hovering or Flying ones.

Third, your Signature Attribute will lower Shadow Ball's damage. By a full quarter. :)

Fourth, your actual commands. Ice Beam, then Toxic and finish off with a Light Screen of your own.

Ice Beam ~ Toxic ~ Light Screen

Fifth, finding things that are neutral or better on a Light Screen Baltoy is very difficult.

Last edited:
This battle is canceled on account of <Joseph: Night SHADE>'s being banned. No one wins anything.

Back
Top Bottom